• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeku

considering seeing if i can scam a copy of persona 4 golden for vita from hard-off or book-off or jsut a gaming store and trying to play through in japanese

vita is region free right? hmmm...
Obviously you'd be able to breeze through it cos you've a billion percent'd it, and you're familiar with the series, but if you were completely new to it.....ie if you decide to go jp P5,it would be tough for a beginner. Like, you'd probably be able to finish it and what not cos games are games, but I reckon it would be frustrating re constantly lookin up spell names/what they do etc. and you know, story is like half the game so it would be hard to enjoy the non core gameplay side of it.

Jintor

Obviously you'd be able to breeze through it cos you've a billion percent'd it, and you're familiar with the series, but if you were completely new to it.....ie if you decide to go jp P5,it would be tough for a beginner. Like, you'd probably be able to finish it and what not cos games are games, but I reckon it would be frustrating re constantly lookin up spell names/what they do etc. and you know, story is like half the game so it would be hard to enjoy the non core gameplay side of it.

Well yeah that's why I'd play golden again ya silly deek

Gazunta

is there an ETA on Vib Ribbon hitting the AU PSN? COZ I NEED TO GET MY RIBBON ON SON OH YES INDEEDY DOOOOOOOOO God that would look amazing on Vita OLED.

Deeku

lol! well at least you've got the whole immersion thing going, so you should be learning at super speed. technically.

No email for me. Damn dick.
Got email before lunch about Mordor, email at 4pm about Driveclub.

Fingers crossed they both arrive tomorrow! Would have been great to get Mordor last week :/

Damn you WB!

I'm just wondering if P4G JP retail will conflict with the P4G AU retail I have already on the machine... (save files, not the whole game)
Doubtful it would work.

is there an ETA on Vib Ribbon hitting the AU PSN? COZ I NEED TO GET MY RIBBON ON SON OH YES INDEEDY DOOOOOOOOO God that would look amazing on Vita OLED.

Next week according to the announcement!

markot

Banned
Why dont tvs come in more variety of resolutions? 1440? Etc?!

I mean, my moniter does a pretty good job of displaying lower resolution stuff on a higer resolution screen. And opposite!

markot

Banned
I think one of the greatest shows in tv history issssssss...

Good Morning Australia with Bert Newton.

It was hilariousss. I loved it. I still miss it. And Bert. He is an amazing comedy... guy. He made infomercials funny!

Those drive club reviews, ah next gen what are you turning into.
How so? All the reviews make it out to be next gen PGR so I'm super happy :)

Don't need extra bullshit. Just give me fast cars and great tracks!

(although I was one of those weirdos that didn't like Burnout Paradise)

Finally put ads on the site.

16k page views in 12 hours.

Why didn't I do ads sooner D:
I told you to do it ages ago dude!

Good news moving forward at least :)

Yay! Now Kritz can fund AniChecxpo 2015!

Darren870

So who is putting their names down for Fat Duck. Ballot just opened a few mins ago.

Missus and I already put our names down, fingers crossed as we didn't get to go in the UK before we left.

Duck tastes too gamey for me. Never liked it, more of a chicken man but these days I'm pretty much 100% seafood or bust. Oddly enough I don't miss meat which is still a shock to me!

jambo

Picking up Mordor on PS4 for the missus today, what's the best retail store to price match? She already has some money down at EB.

Should i plan for or bring anything specific for Melbourne?
So far was thinking i'll bring 3DS for streetpass nonsense during PAX.

Also i have been totally out of the loop but how are we/clipper? organizing PAX group, informations and planning etc.?

I am mainly just trying to have myself as prepared as possible because i have to meet some other people likely after one PAX night etc.

Gazunta

My AusPAX checklist:

3DS with SMASH
iPhone
Extra Battery for iPhone
Another Extra Battery for iPhone, what the fuck
Credit Card for foolish purchases I will regret seconds later
Headache pills, LOTS OF HEADACHE PILLS JESUS
hugs a'plenty

Darren870

Haven't had much luck with ballot events though. Tried for elBulli with no success (Surprised? Not at all).

Haha same. I actually hate the ballot systems. I feel like many people just sign up to say they did when they have no intention of going. They don't even ask for a cc detail so as many can sign up as they please.

Its a pet peeve of mine and for months I tried to get into Noma only to get countless calls the day before about cancellations. Oh yea? Hold on let me fly to Denmark real quick.... Every time I said, if you gave me about a weeks notice I probably could, but not a day. People just sign up to say they are going but have 0 intention of going in the end.

Meh, all I can do is hope...

Oh, and if you are anywhere near Clayton I highy recommend Champions Bistro. Its in the Claytons bowls club, but don't let that fool you. They are only around for another 1.5 months but are a must for the price and the food. Went last week and going back in a few weeks or so.:

http://www.bowlsclayton.com.au/bistro/

$80 for a tasting menu. Chef worked at Vue de Monde and a few other places in Europe. Give it a try before they move locations and they up the prices.

My AusPAX checklist:

3DS with SMASH
iPhone
Extra Battery for iPhone
Another Extra Battery for iPhone, what the fuck
Credit Card for foolish purchases I will regret seconds later
Headache pills, LOTS OF HEADACHE PILLS JESUS
hugs a'plenty

This is pretty much my thinking Gaz, though i will not have an iphone :p

i'll have to look into picking up smash....not been following release closely enough.
EDIT: I'll get smash at lunch

I'll bring extra headache pills for headaches......possibly alcohol induced sickness also.....

is there a link to the PAX schedule yet? (sorry can't get on iirc today)

Haha same. I actually hate the ballot systems. I feel like many people just sign up to say they did when they have no intention of going. They don't even ask for a cc detail so as many can sign up as they please.
The worst experience I had was with Momofuku Ko. Had 10 days in NYC, tried for 9 of those days every day to try and get in. Only once I got through to the booking screen and it was too late by then. Was less of a ballot and more of a "tickets available online from 9am, first in best dressed". Usually were all gone in about 2 seconds.

Oh, and if you are anywhere near Clayton I highy recommend Champions Bistro. Its in the Claytons bowls club, but don't let that fool you. They are only around for another 1.5 months but are a must for the price and the food. Went last week and going back in a few weeks or so.:

http://www.bowlsclayton.com.au/bistro/

$80 for a tasting menu. Chef worked at Vue de Monde and a few other places in Europe. Give it a try before they move locations and they up the prices.
I'll check into it, thanks!

senahorse

Yea the wine pairing is $200 too. Looking at $1500 for two people. Ouch! Would be a record for me I think.

LOL, sans the wine, how is paying that much for a meal justified. I have been to some nice restaurants and left paying a few hundred dollars, what are you getting for paying another $700 on top of that? Besides bragging rights, surely the food has diminishing returns in taste/value past a point.

edit: 12-15 courses, I guess that takes a bit of prep work, but even so...

Oh, Jesus. That's crazy cheap.

I NEED TO GO BACK TO SAN FRAN I MISS IT SO MUCH :~(

Hey buddy, can you spare some change?
Hey buddy, can you spare some more change?
Hey buddy, can you spare some more change?
Hey buddy, can you spare even more change?
HEY BITCH, CAN YOU SPARE SOME CHANGE?

Darren870

LOL, sans the wine, how is paying that much for a meal justified. I have been to some nice restaurants and left paying a few hundred dollars, what are you getting for paying another $700 on top of that? Besides bragging rights, surely the food has diminishing returns in taste/value past a point.

edit: 12-15 courses, I guess that takes a bit of prep work, but even so...

12-15 course by a three Michelin star chef that has reinvented the food & dining experience many times.

I know its a lot, but its an experience I'd like to try.

Just saw:
"Tables will mostly allow for four guests, with a limited number of options for two to six guests."
Looks like it will reduce my chances by a bit. Which is a shame.

wonzo

Banned
Where's the best place to buy Xbox Live & Credit codes online? Can't seem to add my new CC deets and Paypal isn't an option thanks to the exact same problem. ._.

12-15 course by a three Michelin star chef that has reinvented the food & dining experience many times.

I know its a lot, but its an experience I'd like to try.
Not only that, the techniques and methods his staff employ aren't just regular cooking. They're far and above common techniques used in most kitchens.

A slideshow of a similar laboratory, from an ex-Microsoft guy who created a $500 cookbook as a result of this food science malarkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom