• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

I joined GAF because some of my friends on #vidgames were starting a fan site called Gaming Age and they had a forum on it.

And I'm pretty sure CMI is Crackdown Microsoft

jambo

I joined just a little over 5 years ago after constantly seeing GAF as the source for news on other forums and some gaming news sites.

I've always loved that there were only a handful of sub-sections, hate when you see a forum with hundreds of them.

Axiom

I can't even remember when I joined, I found it because Dragona was always in the IRC channel I hung out in and suggested it. I was looking for a new gaming forum as I loved the OPN2000 forums but felt things had gone to shit with the Billy Berghammer PlanetN2000/Gamecube takeover. I believe Nintendorks had gotten especially terrible as well.

I can't remember when that would have been, but I remember watching a shitty live stream of the Gamecube reveal in that IRC channel...so a while ago.

Despite this, I remember fuck-all about notable threads, people or history of GAF.

Want to start getting exp for Vegemite Lightning but Driveclub servers have taken a big poop. Boooooo.
I've not been able to connect to the servers once since it came out :(

senahorse

I joined because some dude wanted me to pimp a podcats

Pod-Grey-hudson-900.jpg

Jintor

My friend browsed it at school and that's where I heard of it since it was one of very few forums inexplicably not blocked by the DET web Filter

Dimefan3

So after waiting 4 hours yesterday for a guy from NBN Co to turn up, which ended in a no-show, I get an email from TPG today telling me that apparently NBN Co has a 'technical issue', possibly relating to the fact that I'm part of a 'Multi Dwelling Unit'. Which is odd because my neighbor has had the NBN (with TPG as well) for quite some time.

I'm still quite annoyed nobody from NBN Co had the decency to call me and let me know.

Sorry, just had to vent. Anyone else had problems with NBN Co?

MoonGred

So after waiting 4 hours yesterday for a guy from NBN Co to turn up, which ended in a no-show, I get an email from TPG today telling me that apparently NBN Co has a 'technical issue', possibly relating to the fact that I'm part of a 'Multi Dwelling Unit'. Which is odd because my neighbor has had the NBN (with TPG as well) for quite some time.

I'm still quite annoyed nobody from NBN Co had the decency to call me and let me know.

Sorry, just had to vent. Anyone else had problems with NBN Co?

I work for a NBN subcontractor, the below is just based on my work experience

For some reason in a lot of the cases NBN doesn't know that it's actually a MDU install, this usually results in technicians being sent out only to notice they won't be able to do the install. I can't really say how long it will be before they fix it. What I do recommend is that the next time you talk to TPG to make them double check that the MDU pre-wire has been done, I've known a lot of people who've just rebooked an appointment, and taken a day off to be told the same thing by a different technician.
If this were to happen please don't take this out on the guy, he's got no control over it unfortunately

I've been looking to buy a new big screen set and have narrowed down to this 50" Sony KDLW800B. The last few weeks have seen lots of sales and promotions. This week, at JB, with no promotions or "x% off TV's" it's the cheapest I've seen it in brisbane just under $1100, cheaper than when JB has 10% off TV's last week.

Also, fuck selection criteria. I fucking hate this shit when applying for jobs. Also, fuck applying for jobs. Fucking had enough of this shit.

Still looking for the cat I want. Now I have to drag along a giant cat tree to the adoption places just to make sure the cat I get will be one that will use the cat tree.

Oi Kritz ya basterd. EDF 2017 on Vita is $7.55 if you didn't grab it last time!

In all honesty I never thought about themes being a thing for a 3ds. Now that they do have it I'm surprised it took them so long.

Heh it's disgusting how many hours I spent making custom wallpapers for my Vita :)

Not doing it again until I get a freaking 128GB mem card Sony! Pull the trigger!

Dimefan3

I work for a NBN subcontractor, the below is just based on my work experience

For some reason in a lot of the cases NBN doesn't know that it's actually a MDU install, this usually results in technicians being sent out only to notice they won't be able to do the install. I can't really say how long it will be before they fix it. What I do recommend is that the next time you talk to TPG to make them double check that the MDU pre-wire has been done, I've known a lot of people who've just rebooked an appointment, and taken a day off to be told the same thing by a different technician.
If this were to happen please don't take this out on the guy, he's got no control over it unfortunately

Sorry if this sounds stupid - not sure what you mean by 'Pre-wire' - All the units on my block have been fitted with the little grey box on the outside, and have the cable inside that box all ready to be hooked up, so in theory all that's got to be done is the cable run inside, and the 'inside' unit installed.

Like I said my neighbor already has his hooked up, plus I saw the other night another unit was having theirs installed...

But thanks, I will ask TPG that next time I'm on the phone to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom