• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's closer to PGR if you've ever played it. Failing that... kinda more Burnout than sim. I think the handling might feel more sim-like to casual racers but it's more rewarding because of it.

If you have PS+ you'll be able to get it soon enough to try for yourself (server issues have delayed it a few days), but I think you'll like it. But don't expect much more outside of actual racing and competing against other friends' scores. No tuning, very little customisation even in the difficulty settings/assists but that just makes it more satisfying to do well in it.
Cool, thanks for the write up. Hmmmm... I'm not sure. The only racing games that I end up playing for any period of time long enough to justify the price are Burnouty style games. Anything like GT, Forza and PGR I only ever play for a couple of hours and then abandon. I'll try checking out the PS+ version, when I get the chance to download it.

Thanks again.

For those in Melbourne or coming soon for PAX, you could probably do worse than eating at Little Ramen Bar on Little Bourke St. Not many seats, ramen pretty decent if a little overpriced.

Edit: Although those coming from Sydney (or Japan!) may find it a little lacking, I suppose. We ain't got much.

Seriously though QLD transport is the blurst. It cost me $7.20 to get to university one way yesterday
This makes it sound like you aren't in Japan any more ... go back to Japan.

They're replacing it with cheese.
String cheese!

Rizzi

For those in Melbourne or coming soon for PAX, you could probably do worse than eating at Little Ramen Bar on Little Bourke St. Not many seats, ramen pretty decent if a little overpriced.

Edit: Although those coming from Sydney (or Japan!) may find it a little lacking, I suppose. We ain't got much.

This makes it sound like you aren't in Japan any more ... go back to Japan.

haha, yeah I got back about a month ago ;.; I would go back but then I'd never graduate.

I vote for the ramen place, although I probably won't have enough money to come down for PAX this year. But ramen is great and everyone should eat it.

Come to think of it, do we have any decent Ramen joints in the CBD? Ajisen's okay, and so's Kokoro..

Come to think of it, do we have any decent Ramen joints in the CBD? Ajisen's okay, and so's Kokoro..
Well, Little Ramen Bar seems pretty good to me (and Sapporo on tap!)...

But there's also Fukuryu and Hakata Gensuke, Ramen Ya and as you mention Kokoro. I think there may be one I missed. Hearing good things about Hakata Gensuke but I don't they think do vegetarian so the wife won't eat there.

Nah, EB. *shock horror* I did get Destiny from them also and it got here on time.

:/
Yeah EB use AusPost pretty sure :(

RDR took forever to get to me!

apparently it takes someone at JB Hifi more than 6 hours and counting to take a TV listed as in-stock and put it in the store pickup area.

I should have juts paid for home delivery, fuckers. It's not even particularly close to where I live, it's just the closest store where the TV was listed as in-stock when I ordered.
No work gets done on Fridays Clive, everyone knows that!

I see a VegemiteThunder which could be us.
Yup, just pumped like 75k into the club kudos account!

For those in Melbourne or coming soon for PAX, you could probably do worse than eating at Little Ramen Bar on Little Bourke St. Not many seats, ramen pretty decent if a little overpriced.!
Sweet I'll book myself in! You coming into town much over that weekend?

h00ters

Not sure if it's been posted yet but JB is doing great Xbone and PS4 bundles right now. I grabbed the Xbone one yesterday and it's already shipped:

JB-AU-20141009-XBOX_ONE_HO1_599.jpg

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/...ExactTarget&utm_campaign=jb-au-20141010-games

JB-AU-20141009-PS4_HO1_599.png

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/features/...ExactTarget&utm_campaign=jb-au-20141010-games

Deeku

That seems like a pretty good deal? Considering they are maybe 60 dollar games?

Anyway I can't decide whether I should get a ps4 here (aka not australia) now, or get one while I'm back in Syd for a bit during Christmas and carry it back. Like, how heavy is the thing?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oi drunk.

But we should do an ausgaf dinner on the sat nifht?

Uim happy to do a bbq at my house? Its a 40 min train ride out of the cbd, but I'm not really going to pax. So happy to accept people from 6pm onwards! + bonus guest, marsh!

Otherwise, ridonk, pick a place in the cbd, and se should do something. Last year's was enjoyable

Vormund

I'm not going to your house.

And I just know you are going to reconsider that offer anyway once you are sober.

Sat night meetup sounds good for me though.

New TV time. Through a combination of photography and hoarding, I was able to snap a pic comparing the size of the new set with my previous two big screen sets

On the left, 42" 480p Panasonic Plasma (though it somehow does 1080i as well) from 2004.
No HDMI, physical buttons, speakers that faces forward. Was about 5k new but I got it second hand in 2005 for a lot less.

In the middle, 1080p 47" Samsung LCD from 2008. 3 HDMI, rear facing speakers, touch buttons. Was about $3300 and came with a 720p 32" set as part of a promotion.

On the right, the new 50" 1080p Sony LED (with active 3D) 4 HDMI, Internet connectivity (useless, but it's there), USB recording (useless, but it's there). This one comes with a small external power brick. $1100

on the very right of frame, a lamp

MoonGred

It has more P's that you'd know what to do with. Here's a free one. P.

Yay, they patched 3D movie support into the PS4. But is there a media remote available that's not a DS4 yet?

Nope still no media remote. I believe they announced one around E3 time (or remember just reading about it). That said why does it fucking take so long to release one, the battery life of the ds4 is absolute garbage, using it for netflix means I'm always charging it.

Still can barely connect to the Driveclub servers. Terrible for a first party offering

Heh, at least you can complete all the races. Glad it isn't like Destiny where it's always online or nothing.

Been connected for most of the day, got knocked off about 2 hours ago, sounds like maintenance. Must have been up for quite a while as people already ran a ton of head-to-head stuff.

markot

Banned
Is it wrong to feel weirded out playing the Bayonetta demo with her clothes dissappearing while you do moves?

I think im going to pass on the game mainly due to that.....

Its just too stupid >.<

It's her hair, not her clothes.

Yes, her "clothes" is actually her hair. And they disappear because she uses her hair to attack her enemies. See, it's all very reasonable and backed with science.

Jeeeez, do we have to explain everything to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom