• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Dickies is killing it bad lately.

Alien Isolation, COD AW, The Evil Within or AC Unity can be picked up on Xbone or PS4 for $50 each if you get at least 2 of them (online exclusive deal). Thats cheaper than the US! Can i get money back since AW is cheaper now? I pre-ordered at like $60.

edit: looks like gaming pre-orders is on the exclusion list. nvm then! I wasn't a month ago though.

senahorse

Bought a code from the GAF b/s/t thread.

I got Alien Isolation (with dlc), Sniper Elite 3 and Star Citizen package (with bonus ship and other bits) for $15.

Is it wrong to feel weirded out playing the Bayonetta demo with her clothes dissappearing while you do moves?

I think im going to pass on the game mainly due to that.....

Its just too stupid >.<

yeah, I thought the concept was kinda dumb too :/ That and her glasses /badopinionsdontcare.

>_< fuck me these ads are generating a disgusting amount of money

oh, congrats dude! Randomly came across some playthroughs of your game. Makin' it big now :D

Jintor

too bad shan it's #FEMINIST

Actually there's a pretty interesting debate to be had about whether or not Bayonetta as a character is more exploitative than empowering, but that debate was also had back in 2010 and it basically ended up as 'lol probably both'.

you're wrong about the glasses, glasses rule

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Actually there's a pretty interesting debate to be had about whether or not Bayonetta as a character is more exploitative than empowering, but that debate was also had back in 2010 and it basically ended up as 'lol probably both'.

I look forward to every bayonetta thread being locked within the next day.

Much like the captain toad thread. That was a roller coaster lol.

Also shan / Jint, as the two most in tune with the Japanese culture.

Is the whole thing in Anime about student councils doing so much work / actually being busy and having some power true?

I look forward to every bayonetta thread being locked within the next day.

Much like the captain toad thread. That was a roller coaster lol.

Also shan / Jint, as the two most in tune with the Japanese culture.

Is the whole thing in Anime about student councils doing so much work / actually being busy and having some power true?

There wasn't any student council at my school, mostly because the seniors were too busy studying but it was a private school so it might be different. Jint probably has a better insight being a teacher there and all.

Didn't expect Telstra to be this incompetent. They can't replace a faulty copper cable in one week?

"I'm sorry sir, we replaced the cable but it was not long enough so we have to replace it back with another one that is."

Rizzi

Didn't expect Telstra to be this incompetent. They can't replace a faulty copper cable in one week?

"I'm sorry sir, we replaced the cable but it was not long enough so we have to replace it back with another one that is."

Your first mistake was assuming that Telstra cannot be as incompetent as you can image.
You should always assume that they are more incompetent than you could possibly imagine.

So what's the plan for PAX? Everyone worked out what panels they are going to? Should I do a write up?

Playable Toadette is pretty awesome, but it's kind of insulting that she gets kidnapped and you have to rescue her...
lawl

Okay I can see why that thread fell apart so fast lol

Kobo or Kindle? Go! I want to cut down on paper.
KINDLE!

Also I thought you were in a new estate Death, they didn't run cable? That fucking sucks!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So what's the plan for PAX? Everyone worked out what panels they are going to? Should I do a write up?

lawl

Okay I can see why that thread fell apart so fast lol

KINDLE!

Also I thought you were in a new estate Death, they didn't run cable? That fucking sucks!

the best part is she isn't even kidnapped.

The bird steals their star. and she grabs onto it and doesnt let go. silly toadette.

she's the real hero. captain toad was too chicken to do anything.

good. I would join kendo club.

and there's no nintendo panels as far as I can see, i might be tempted to go watch the mario kart tourney , but there seem to be 0 details on the site.

so i reckon i'll be selling my passes.

No way.... There are no words to describe the stupidity.

Oh, speaking of, I've been having weird issues with ping. Like, my ping on the Australian dota servers and my online teaching job jumping randomly between 200 and 3000 ping. I called up Optus a couple of times about it but the guy there told me it wasn't his problem and that I didn't know how the internet worked, basically. Admittedly I don't, so uh, does anyone have any idea what might be the problem? I'm not sure why I'm getting such huge fluctuations to all kinds of different places, but if it keeps up I won't be able to work :s (or play dota, more importantly).

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい

I actually lean towards to the latter or both interpretation. It's kind of a matter of debate, although I do think Bayonetta has been unfairly criticised from that perspective, as the portrayal of it's sexuality comes off as more campy and self-aware than exploitative or pandering something like DoA for example, and some other western games where women are treated as nothing more than eye-candy.

Of course always gotta be conscious that I might be biased because Bayonetta is just such a fucking awesome game that I overlook the fact that it's inherently sexist.

Kritz

Banned
God bless Adblock.

congrats on the money

It took me a while to debug why the new ads weren't showing up when I put then into the site...

Hopefully the revenue keeps up, want to improve these darn servers.
now that my pax trip has been paid for

Jintor

I actually lean towards to the latter or both interpretation. It's kind of a matter of debate, although I do think Bayonetta has been unfairly criticised from that perspective, as the portrayal of it's sexuality comes off as more campy and self-aware than exploitative or pandering something like DoA for example, and some other western games where women are treated as nothing more than eye-candy.

Of course always gotta be conscious that I might be biased because Bayonetta is just such a fucking awesome game that I overlook the fact that it's inherently sexist.

Basically my interpretation. Of course Kamiya is kinda coarse about the whole thing, but death of the author and all that. It is definitely far more self-aware about sexuality and the power dynamics of such than most of its uguu~ brethren.

It took me a while to debug why the new ads weren't showing up when I put then into the site...

Hopefully the revenue keeps up, want to improve these darn servers.
now that my pax trip has been paid for

Oh my.

Can you actually give us a ballpark figure for daily revenue or is that violating some sort of agreement with google

Kritz

Banned
I'm certain I am, but the average is about sixty, but the weekend spiked to more than double.

It'll probably dive down to sixty now it's back to Monday.

Aon

Does Aon still watch the thread? Can someone tell him his Twitter account is spamming Turkish stuff lately?

Thanks for that.

"Your account is now deactivated.
Your account will be permanently deleted in 30 days."

Should put an end to those guys.

Fredescu

No worries. I admit that the reason I didn't just unfollow it was because I was hoping you would return to Twitter in a blaze of wit.

Deeku

Basically my interpretation. Of course Kamiya is kinda coarse about the whole thing, but death of the author and all that. It is definitely far more self-aware about sexuality and the power dynamics of such than most of its uguu~ brethren.
you getting much of vonfong?

Kritz

Banned
Pw0EIb7.png

I accidentally made amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom