• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

mf72owf.jpg

Gazunta

I think whoever decided not to do a tie-in game with the BB movie likes leaving money on the table
or in the ATM in AusGAF's case
. AFAIK there's no game happening which is a shame because it's a cool setting!

The BB movie is being made in Sydney BTW, some talented folk are working on it!

If that wasn't blinky, I'd be all over i . The design is actually pretty cool but I'm definitely nostalgic for the old desig .

On another note, been playing Epic Mickey 2 on PC and man, it isn't a great port from Wii but man I love me some Disney. The platforming felt weirdly more precise on Wii too. The game is fairly easy and my main gripe with it is the weird change of controls.

You have a little area in the middle of the screen where you can freely move your mouse, then when it hits a threshold it moves the camera. I wish that they just made it like GTA San Andreas in that whenever I press left or right click (for paint or thinner) Mickey just automatically rotates towards the mouse and shoots where I'm aiming. The way they've tried to emulate the wiimote is very bizarre.

There are next to no customisation to options. Only resolution and graphic quality. The option for borderless windowed was nice though. You can't modify controls at all, though you have the option between mouse+kb and Xbox controller. I will try the Xbox controller tonight and see if I enjoy it more.

All that said, the art style is fantastic and the many references is very welcoming. I'm enjoying myself so far but wish I could be enjoying myself more.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finally, internet hooked up at my place.

Shame it's so fucking slow. Jesus. Going from ~3MB/s cable speeds on steam to under 600KB/s is miserable :(. Hope it's a peak issue. Probably a permanent apartment issue.

Sheep Dog 'n' Wolf is one of the best five PS1 games ever, straight talk folks.

THE OTHER FOUR ARE

Ape Escape
The Italian Job
Metal Gear Solid
wip'3out" SE

out of wip 3
do we have any 1s or 2s left?

also good work kritz on the blinky jokes, i couldnt think of what to call it and then you beat me to the punch.

and yeah i agree, i like that but not as blinky.
ps blast corps was fantastic fun

I think whoever decided not to do a tie-in game with the BB movie likes leaving money on the table
or in the ATM in AusGAF's case
. AFAIK there's no game happening which is a shame because it's a cool setting!

The BB movie is being made in Sydney BTW, some talented folk are working on it!
Do movie tie-in games sell well? They seem to have completely died off to be honest aside from mobile ones!

I thought the old Blinky Bill was kinda bad tbh. Both the cartoon and the character design. Everything about it was just bland.
Yeah it was really rough.

Movie was awesome. First I ever saw! Opened with the destruction of their safe haven with big noisy machines. Everything was dark and gritty. Grim as fuck.

That movie fucked me up real bad as a kid :/

Finally, internet hooked up at my place.

Shame it's so fucking slow. Jesus. Going from ~3MB/s cable speeds on steam to under 600KB/s is miserable :(. Hope it's a peak issue. Probably a permanent apartment issue.

600KB/s? Sounds great to me! I hit 800KB's every now and then when I'm lucky but most of the time it hovers at 600. My upload seems to be realy solid which helps in games a lot, had more disconnect issues at my last place that had quicker downloads.

Gazunta

Do movie tie-in games sell well? They seem to have completely died off to be honest aside from mobile ones

If the movie does well, so does the game, generally. If the movie tanks the game has no chance no matter how good
the developers think
it is.

But even so, yeah, the market for ANY game that isn't AAA-megahit or small budget indie game is a very tough nut to crack.

Fuck that oreo lookalike biscuit, utter disappointment the first time I had it

Delta creams are much better than over rated Oreos.

But the biscuit conversation has been done to death. Let's talk ice cream. That's a market with much more activity and variation these days. Anyone in here remember the Frisco? I wish they would bring it back.

MoonGred

Delta creams are much better than over rated Oreos.

But the biscuit conversation has been done to death. Let's talk ice cream. That's a market with much more activity and variation these days. Anyone in here remember the Frisco? I wish they would bring it back.

Don't get me started on icecream, nothing beats an old fashioned cornetto (or whatever they're called here).
Is it me or did icecream and biscuits get way overcomplicated in the last couple of years?

Rezbit

Tic tocs are the real deal. Simple flavour, but leaves you wanting more.

Also gaytimes are so damn good. Bubble O Bill also up there, but more for novelty factor.

No internet for me till Friday at least. Rectification date went from 10th to 14th to 17th OCT :(

500 mts of cable needs to be replaced. Telstra told me this on the 9th.

Today, "Sorry sir, we had to escalate the issue to a construction crew and will be rectified by friday"

How ridiculous is that if they knew a week ago that so much cable had to be replaced, wasn't it obvious a construction crew was required to dig up line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom