• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Just got a 3DS XL
+ Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
+ Pokemon Y
+ Pheonix Wright: Duel Destinies
+ Free Mario 3D Land game from promotion

I can't really see the 3D unless its on low.

I play on getting these in the future

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Tales of the Abyss
Crimson Shroud
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Fire Emblem: Awakening
edit: Bravery Default

Anyone know any good prices for the above (except Crimson Shroud)?

Omikron

It is awesome. I do think I prefer CK2 though. And speaking of these games, I just listened to a recent episode of Three Moves ahead discussing the new CK2 expansion and it was speculated that Victoria 3 would allow you to import from EU4. Imagine that.

I think CK2 is the better game for those with no real interest in grand strategy, but overall EU4 is the better game mechanically because you just have so many more options and things to do. Just look at the peace deal system, amazing.

Also, almost bottom of the page with a big post, thats gunna get ignored :<

Gazunta

Just got a 3DS XL
+ Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
+ Pokemon Y
+ Pheonix Wright: Duel Destinies
+ Free Mario 3D Land game from promotion

I can't really see the 3D unless its on low.

I play on getting these in the future

Shin Megami Tensei IV
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Tales of the Abyss
Crimson Shroud
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
Fire Emblem: Awakening
edit: Bravery Default

Anyone know any good prices for the above (except Crimson Shroud)?

Ghost Recon keeps turning up at Big W for like $10, I haven't seen it more than that anywhere for ages. Sogood.jpg.gif.png

Personally with the browser right there I expect to see iView just work in the browser like with the ps3. Cheaper, easier. Unless Sony actually requires them to be proper apps, which would be the right thing to do imo.

It'd be good to get it into the One Guide though, which browser versions won't do. It's pretty rad to have a guide of the top shows on TV catch up apps.

Mar

http://www.giantbomb.com/indiana-jones-the-pinball-adventure/3030-35222/

this pizza joint / restaurant near where I grew up had this, me and my friends families would go there once a fortnight for a group meal, sorta like 3 or 4 families (parents + kids) and the owners would always set up the machine for us so we'd have unlimited play after the first few times we went there and spent so much money on it lol.

It's a well loved machine that's for sure. It's never really clicked with me though for some reason.

Bahahahaha
I take it you've just added and not sorted? Because BoP is a little further down than I expected ;)

PS. A mate of mine who already owns Rollergames just bought himself a Star Trek LE. I've been invited to the unboxing :D

Yeah it's just a list of what I've played in 2013 (which in reality would probably be double that number, but there are a lot of pinball machines missing on Giantbomb), which will then inform my top 10 for the year which will be a separate list.

I haven't played a ST LE yet. When does he get it?

I do Work for the Dole in the area I am trained in. This is a community health service. It is understaffed and underfunded. Staff regularly say that they want to hire me hut they don't have the money. I have passed 5 years of working there, between placement for training, volunteering and work for the dole.

I just do two days a week but due to tasks not being done on other days I suggested changing it to four half days. That arrangement began this week. I choose not to do more than the hours I am required to for Work for the Dole to keep as much incentive to hire me (having more days behind the freemium paywall) and to not be taken advantage of.

Now the boss fast-talked me into one full day and three half days. An extra half day unpaid puts up warning signs. That is taking advantage of me and I will change the plan back or to one full day and three third-days.

Sorry, reverting to personally witty retorts and trolls.
I might be having a stupid morning but you lost me, sorry.

Anywho, when you say that EU4 is a natural progression from CK4 (and also because you mention France's lack of heir) is this game EU3 + a CK4 overlay? In that you can now manage personal ties and lineage with other countries on top of the usual grand strategy gameplay?

Omikron

I might be having a stupid morning but you lost me, sorry.

Anywho, when you say that EU4 is a natural progression from CK4 (and also because you mention France's lack of heir) is this game EU3 + a CK4 overlay? In that you can now manage personal ties and lineage with other countries on top of the usual grand strategy gameplay?

I was being self deprecating.

And no, not quite, the lineage system is pretty simple in this, you can have royal marriages with other nations and such, and you have an overall 'leader' who contributes stats to your Diplo/Military/Admin power ratings. As well as an heir, who will be the next leader that can die much like CK2, but if they do, you just have the potential for personal unions and various uprisings due to lacking an heir, no real danger of losing your whole domain. As it is about the nation not a game about lineage. There are also different government types you can have, ie I have a republic where they elect leaders.

Frawdder

It is awesome. I do think I prefer CK2 though. And speaking of these games, I just listened to a recent episode of Three Moves ahead discussing the new CK2 expansion and it was speculated that Victoria 3 would allow you to import from EU4. Imagine that.
Same engine as CK2 and EU4 so not surprising (I'm also way behind on Three Moves Ahead so haven't gotten to the episode yet). The CK2 > EU converter already produces some hilarious and interesting results, so taking a country through ~1000 years of history through three games would be pretty great.

Quasar

It'd be good to get it into the One Guide though, which browser versions won't do. It's pretty rad to have a guide of the top shows on TV catch up apps.

I agree. I think with the One, with them already having a Xbox app they might just port. Then again I guess its not as easy as say SBS who I imagine just ported the Windows 8 metro App to Xbone.

Even with the PS3 I'd much prefer a proper app. the web page is clunky, slow and eliminates the use of the remote control. With the PS4 that would eliminate any future remote use as well as voice control if Sony hopefully develops that further to compete with MS.

I was being self deprecating.

And no, not quite, the lineage system is pretty simple in this, you can have royal marriages with other nations and such, and you have an overall 'leader' who contributes stats to your Diplo/Military/Admin power ratings. As well as an heir, who will be the next leader that can die much like CK2, but if they do, you just have the potential for personal unions and various uprisings due to lacking an heir, no real danger of losing your whole domain. As it is about the nation not a game about lineage. There are also different government types you can have, ie I have a republic where they elect leaders.
Aha! Now I gets it.

Huh. That all sounds very interesting. Do the government types have any effect on stats? Are there any pros or cons for playing about with those?

tl;dr

EU4 is a natural progression from CK2
I think this might be a game in which I'm interested, if I see it around ten bucks. Have been enjoying CK2, though breaking it up with Far Cry 3 insanity at the moment.

Edit: Oops, meant to edit the other one.

I agree. I think with the One, with them already having a Xbox app they might just port. Then again I guess its not as easy as say SBS who I imagine just ported the Windows 8 metro App to Xbone.

Even with the PS3 I'd much prefer a proper app. the web page is clunky, slow and eliminates the use of the remote control. With the PS4 that would eliminate any future remote use as well as voice control if Sony hopefully develops that further to compete with MS.

Agreed 100%. I don't really have much of a doubt these apps will come though. I just want them now. NOW.

So the Ground Zeros trailer was....er....confusing. Which is probably a first for the series.

Quasar

Agreed 100%. I don't really have much of a doubt these apps will come though. I just want them now. NOW.

Yeah. Having to keep a lastgen console hooked up for apps like this is annoying, esp when you have similar folks in the uk and the us ready for launch. And speaking of tv apps....has Foxtel said what they are doing (and whether they are stupidly staying xbox exclusive)?

Yeah. Having to keep a lastgen console hooked up for apps like this is annoying, esp when you have similar folks in the uk and the us ready for launch. And speaking of tv apps....has Foxtel said what they are doing (and whether they are stupidly staying xbox exclusive)?

I don't think there's been anything since launch. I did see a thing beforehand saying they were in talks. You'd imagine Microsoft would be keen to keep them exclusive, but with all the other digital apps its hard to think they wouldn't jump on PS4 as well.

Quasar

I don't think there's been anything since launch. I did see a thing beforehand saying they were in talks. You'd imagine Microsoft would be keen to keep them exclusive, but with all the other digital apps its hard to think they wouldn't jump on PS4 as well.

Especially when you already have it on ios and I guess you'll see android too.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I think CK2 is the better game for those with no real interest in grand strategy, but overall EU4 is the better game mechanically because you just have so many more options and things to do. Just look at the peace deal system, amazing.

Also, almost bottom of the page with a big post, thats gunna get ignored :<
Is it more accessible than eu3?

I bought and played 3 for a good few hours but had no clue what was going on for most of the time and got too frustrated :(

I just want a nice hour long tutorial to get me sorted / show me the ropes before I go mad.

I might just need to youtube one if there isn't.

Quasar

Well. Sony Australia acknowledged they got my returned DOA PS4. Guess they were waiting for that rather than sending my replacement straight away.

So very worried I will be waiting ages given stores are taking Feb preorders.

Omikron

Is it more accessible than eu3?

I bought and played 3 for a good few hours but had no clue what was going on for most of the time and got too frustrated :(

I just want a nice hour long tutorial to get me sorted / show me the ropes before I go mad.

I might just need to youtube one if there isn't.

It is more complex than CK2 for sure, but they learnt a lot interface wise on how to manage that complexity.

The Idle Thumbs dudes did a crazy long CK2 stream. They started with no idea what the game was and their stream viewers explained a lot to them. Maybe not the best 'tutorial' but it did help me a bit.

See here for a good run down: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wat8osA4ddg&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbx1TZgxfIauUZyPuBzEwZg

If you want to go through the SP then try disabling your internet connection on the PS4 and don't launch BF4 with the network connection enabled until you've finished with the SP. That worked for me. It's the online/battlelog stuff that seems to cause the save corruption.

Don't forget that you can retrieve save files from the cloud too.

Thanks, but I'll still wait till it's patched for good. I was playing on hard and spent a decent amount of time trying to beat the challenges and level scores of my PSN friends, now all that is gone. Also, I played it at a stretch so the cloud save never got uploaded. :(

Sounds like Foxtel won't be on PS4 for a while. At least until they shift everything to HTML5 as most of their apps are made with MS Silverlight

It's DICE... So... never?
Thanks for shattering that illusion.
Shattering the ... digital illusion? sunglasses.gif

10/10 exchange right here :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I do Work for the Dole in the area I am trained in. This is a community health service. It is understaffed and underfunded. Staff regularly say that they want to hire me hut they don't have the money. I have passed 5 years of working there, between placement for training, volunteering and work for the dole.

I just do two days a week but due to tasks not being done on other days I suggested changing it to four half days. That arrangement began this week. I choose not to do more than the hours I am required to for Work for the Dole to keep as much incentive to hire me (having more days behind the freemium paywall) and to not be taken advantage of.

Now the boss fast-talked me into one full day and three half days. An extra half day unpaid puts up warning signs. That is taking advantage of me and I will change the plan back or to one full day and three third-days.

Yeh raise a hand and say something.

Also your gaf name amuses me. Some times I find myself just saying aarglefarg outloud at work :(

Aside from the fantastic Brooklyn Nine Nine I don't give a fuck about TV until Archer starts next year, unless Almost Human stops being POLICE PROCEDURAL OF THE WEEK and starts an arc of some fucking fashion.

Good show is good.

I really thought '2013 Andy Samberg Vehicle Project' was going to be totally shit but they assembled a great cast and the writing is really snappy. Only real show this season that has held my attention (despite loving the concept of Almost Human and the lead actors).

Terry Crews needs to get more work on the big stage. Dude is amazing.

Season 4 was kinda flat, but flat is better than whatever the hell happened to most of the back end of season 3.

I believe that may be the joke?

Oh. Well this is awkward.

The weird thing about the end of 3, is before the bizarreness it had some of the best episodes. The Law and Order ep could be my favourite in the entire show, and the Pillow War ones aren't far behind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom