• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be able to come to a meet up! It depends on work and work is crazy busy currently. Kitten season yaaaay
not

Not going to pax though, enjoyable as last year was, wasn't worth the price

I bought a UK preorder steamkey for the borderlands presequel. I was playing some 2 last night and man, why didn't I stick with it. May finish 2 before I play presequel, so I understand where these characters are coming from and why handsome jack is so handsome.

I've never finished a borderlands before -_-

Is good game still decent? Haven't watched it in ages.

I enjoy it. They review a lot of lesser known 'indie' games as well which is nice.

I know Hex got a given a hard time when she first started on the show (I bet there's still some butthurts that won't watch it) but her and Bajo have good chemistry and do a good job.

Gazunta

At the very least run through the AU Indie area where Gaz will most likely pimping half the games!

Oh come on now what am I a shameless whore?

I'll just be pimping Ninja Pizza Girl.

...and Assault Android Cactus.

...and Metal Dead 2: Encore

...and whatever zombie VR game Sean is demoing.

...and yeah you probably have a point. :/

but seriously Ninja Pizza Girl!!

But I've been roped into going to Brisbane Supanova in November to help out on some guy's table in Copyright Infringement Alley. Maybe there should be an Brisgaf/Rexona Appreciation Society meet then.

OH THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. You doing all three days?

I should go one year. I tried to go the one in Seattle this year and they sold out in 15 seconds. Nerd scalpers are the worst.

Yeah you're best off just buying the tickets as soon as they're available and then figuring out if you're actually going to go a few months later. Crazy how fast it sells out!

RIPT is fantastic for T-shirts, I've got the best fitting and best feeling shirts from them, and I've tried most of the daily t-shirt sites.

Don't expect anything from Shirtpunch unless you're prepared to wait two months.

The Yetee is good as well.

I'll also be at PAX all three days.

OK guys I am obviously missing something about the RIPT site. I keep going to it, I see three items that I'm not interested in, and then try to find retro gaming shirts and they're all not available? I DON'T GET THIS SITE AT ALL. Where can I just find a list of shirts that I can buy?

Basically please advise where I can buy some shirts that will arrive in time for me to wear at PAX.

And speaking of PAX Saturday night is the only night I'll be free I think?

jambo

I enjoy it. They review a lot of lesser known 'indie' games as well which is nice.

I know Hex got a given a hard time when she first started on the show (I bet there's still some butthurts that won't watch it) but her and Bajo have good chemistry and do a good job.

I enjoy it as well, especially the indie reviews. My biggest complaint would be some of the Goose segments, especially the postcard ones. His childhood gaming ones are actually really good though, hopefully they'll do more of those.

I'm still a little annoyed at the shitty way in with Junglist (one of the GG creators) was removed/replaced, but Bajo and Hex do have great chemistry.

Hex only gets on my nerves when she starts blabbing on about story this and character that.

My biggest complaint would be some of the Goose segments, especially the postcard ones. His childhood gaming ones are actually really good though, hopefully they'll do more of those.

It's funny you should say that as most of Goose's segments are my favourite parts (even the postcards!). That's usually because he looks at a lot of older games though.

Goose reviewed Alien on last nights show and it was mainly him reminiscing about enjoying the movie. So he must be a fan as he rarely does the big game reviews, just the indie stuff.

Oh Yea, Melbourne-GAF

Looking to buy a place an Apt in the city but not sure where to actually look? Anyone have any recommendations? Missus works in Toorak and I work in East Melbourne.

We are looking at Brunswick, Fitzroy, Collingwood, Toorak, S Yarra, St Kilda.

Any other suggestions on areas to look? Likely going to be a 1-2Br apt. Looking for something that is an easy commute and near areas with lots to do.
Buy 0mi's place!

But I've been roped into going to Brisbane Supanova in November to help out on some guy's table in Copyright Infringement Alley. Maybe there should be an Brisgaf/Rexona Appreciation Society meet then.

I know there are a few people here keen for a Bris GAF meetup (I am one of them). We should get the ball rolling for a November meet.

How does that differ that much from a Magnum?

The same way cornetto and drumstick are almost the same just by two different makers. or Paddlepops and Billabongs. Or Spilts or Splice?

Frisco was a very different beast to a Magnum. It had caramel ripples through the vanilla ice cream, and biscuity bits in the chocolate on the outside. It was a near perfect ice cream, not nearly as rich as something like a Magnum Ego.

Frisco was a very different beast to a Magnum. It had caramel ripples through the vanilla ice cream, and biscuity bits in the chocolate on the outside. It was a near perfect ice cream, not nearly as rich as something like a Magnum Ego.

damn, now I want one.

Also Hex is great, she walked into a bombsite after Junglist got pushed out which sucks but she does a great job.

Agreed, I don't watch the show much, but I prefer her to Bajo.

Without wishing to appear sexist, I am surprised she hasn't been snatched up by a network and groomed into a presenter of some sort. She has far more charisma than the clones on Channel 7 (who look a bit like Stepford Wives when they're photographed in a group).

I am a shameless whore

OH THIS IS GOING TO BE AMAZING. You doing all three days?

I don't know if I can hold my breath that long. dunno. I just can't think of a realistic reason to get out of it.

Yeah, the first two were Gearbox affairs.

Good to see an Aussie studio get a crack at such a major AAA release.
It's not the first time, hopefully it's not the last. A friend who works there pimps it on his facebook like his job depended on it :(. As long as it doesn't totally suck, it'll be some welcome comfort food gaming.
I've preordered. Shame it's not on new gen consoles, but it also being released on OS X and Linux at launch.

jambo

Goose reviewed Alien on last nights show and it was mainly him reminiscing about enjoying the movie. So he must be a fan as he rarely does the big game reviews, just the indie stuff.

His reviews are great, always enjoyed them. I also really liked his segment in the best decade special.

Without wishing to appear sexist, I am surprised she hasn't been snatched up by a network and groomed into a presenter of some sort. She has far more charisma than the clones on Channel 7 (who look a bit like Stepford Wives when they're photographed in a group).

I honestly think she's a little bit too alternative for a presenter role on 7, 9 or Ten.

It's not the first time, hopefully it's not the last. A friend who works there pimps it on his facebook like his job depended on it :(. As long as it doesn't totally suck, it'll be some welcome comfort food gaming.
I've preordered. Shame it's not on new gen consoles, but it also being released on OS X and Linux at launch.

I'm really hoping it does well so that more Aussie devs get a look in in the future.

Also I'm pretty sure it will pop up next year on PS4 and XBone, probably a GOTY with all the DLC included. Great to see Mac and Linux support at launch though.

Fredescu

I honestly think she's a little bit too alternative for a presenter role on 7, 9 or Ten.

She loves games and gets to write about it for Dolly and host two TV shows about it. Probably not raking it in, but I kind of doubt the commercial channels could lure her away from that.

Oh Yea, Melbourne-GAF

Looking to buy a place an Apt in the city but not sure where to actually look? Anyone have any recommendations? Missus works in Toorak and I work in East Melbourne.

We are looking at Brunswick, Fitzroy, Collingwood, Toorak, S Yarra, St Kilda.

Any other suggestions on areas to look? Likely going to be a 1-2Br apt. Looking for something that is an easy commute and near areas with lots to do.

You have a million bucks to spare? :p

Darren870

I don't actually, but right now we are just setting up search criteria on Rightmove/domain and putting in suburbs and price. Then also increasing the radius by a few KM. So while I don't expect to get a place on Toorak road we are looking around. We saw a few apartments in Prahran that we could afford. That's right in the middle of St Kilda and Toorak.

Darren870

Where do you live?

Looking for more of a night life/social life so that's why I am looking somewhere close. We really like Brunswick/Fitzroy/Collingwood too. Tend to go out a lot there.

Tarneit, bought a house here almost 2 years ago.

Fitzroy and Brunswick are nice. My uni was in East Melb. and work in Fitzroy before we moved, so I know that area pretty well. Some really good places to eat on Brunswick rd.

You should probably just get an apartment in East Melb or Carlton.

Darren870

Tarneit, bought a house here almost 2 years ago.

Fitzroy and Brunswick are nice. My uni was in East Melb. and work in Fitzroy before we moved, so I know that area pretty well. Some really good places to eat on Brunswick rd.

You should probably just get an apartment in East Melb or Carlton.

Ahh cool. Yea, probably should. Guess we go back and forth based on what we do on the weekends. Still exploring the city a lot and getting a feel for things. Been living all over for the past 6-7 months so getting a general idea of all the suburbs though.

Do you work in the city still?

Nope, office moved to Ascot Vale which is 5 minutes from CBD, but I only go once a week. Rest of the days I work from home or out on field trips exploring the Victorian countryside.

I'll probably sell my house in a couple of years and move either further away from the cbd or to Geelong.

Darren870

Nope, office moved to Ascot Vale which is 5 minutes from CBD, but I only go once a week. Rest of the days I work from home or out on field trips exploring the Victorian countryside.

I'll probably sell my house in a couple of years and move either further away from the cbd or to Geelong.

Hard life!!!

Yea, we were out in Lara for a few weeks was pretty nice. Missus step-sister lives in Ocean Grove which is really pretty. Was in Sunbury and Mt Evelyn which are both great places for hiking, riding and lots of things outdoors. Really enjoy it. If we knew more people out here we would probably go to the burbs, but we don't.

Should arrange beers though! Codswallop said he would be up for a few a few months back.

Went out for a colleague's farewell lunch. The chef decided he wanted to try out some stuff, so we ended up having a 6 course taster thing for 25/head.

1. Nachos w/ avocado, some kind of nacho saucey thing and the cheese which was mixed with 2 kinds of cider.
2. Fish tacos - with some kind of local shark and lime juice
3. Lamb pieces - not crumbed but they had something very light on them, plus some sea salt. Served alongside a lightly minted greek yoghurt to dip the pieces in.
4. Slow cooked steak + french fries
5. Wallaby pieces - cooked with a few slight spices/peppers, also in a sort of finger food form. Served alongside some sort of mayonnaisey thing for dipping.
6. Macadamia and wattle ice-cream as the sandwich filling in a brioche

Hard life!!!

Yea, we were out in Lara for a few weeks was pretty nice. Missus step-sister lives in Ocean Grove which is really pretty. Was in Sunbury and Mt Evelyn which are both great places for hiking, riding and lots of things outdoors. Really enjoy it. If we knew more people out here we would probably go to the burbs, but we don't.

Should arrange beers though! Codswallop said he would be up for a few a few months back.

Nah I like it this way. Work on my own hours, love driving around the state and don't have to be stuck in a 9-5 job.

Geelong is pretty and cheap to live.

Beers at PAX!

Darren870

Nah I like it this way. Work on my own hours, love driving around the state and don't have to be stuck in a 9-5 job.

Geelong is pretty and cheap to live.

Beers at PAX!

Yea gonna try and get to PAX, meet some of Melbourne-GAF!

Feel free to pass a job my way. One were I only have to go in once a week and can work from home and explore Vic. Thanks in advance!

jambo

She loves games and gets to write about it for Dolly and host two TV shows about it. Probably not raking it in, but I kind of doubt the commercial channels could lure her away from that.

Maybe the ABC budget cuts will get rid of two of those jobs ;)

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
no worries! ty for racking your brain!

so who wants to buy my pax tickets

How much are you selling your ticket on Saturday for?

Anyway up for a meet-up and drinks on the saturday night. Could come on the friday at a start time of like 7 pm or something.

bomma_man

Went out for a colleague's farewell lunch. The chef decided he wanted to try out some stuff, so we ended up having a 6 course taster thing for 25/head.

1. Nachos w/ avocado, some kind of nacho saucey thing and the cheese which was mixed with 2 kinds of cider.
2. Fish tacos - with some kind of local shark and lime juice
3. Lamb pieces - not crumbed but they had something very light on them, plus some sea salt. Served alongside a lightly minted greek yoghurt to dip the pieces in.
4. Slow cooked steak + french fries
5. Wallaby pieces - cooked with a few slight spices/peppers, also in a sort of finger food form. Served alongside some sort of mayonnaisey thing for dipping.
6. Macadamia and wattle ice-cream as the sandwich filling in a brioche

Where at?

Gazunta

I'm probably going to be completely wiped from running the Blow The Cartridge table, but keep me in the loop for a Brisnova thing!

Christ I can't wait till Brisnova it's going to be so much fun
and I'm looking forward to all the work preparing for Brisnova to BE FUCKING OVER FINALLY

I see hell has frozen over. HBO standalone service incoming.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/hbo-launch-stand-alone-online-740987

I hope it costs less than the US$20 a month they were charging me, but as far as movies go, it has an excellent movie selection compared to US Netflix, and also having on-demand access to GoT, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Band of Brothers, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos, Veep, Silicon Valley, only 30 mins after screening on the US East Coast is cool. I may have to investigate a VPN for next year's GoT.

trinest

I'm probably going to be completely wiped from running the Blow The Cartridge table, but keep me in the loop for a Brisnova thing!

Christ I can't wait till Brisnova it's going to be so much fun
and I'm looking forward to all the work preparing for Brisnova to BE FUCKING OVER FINALLY

Wait your doing a table at pax? You mean I can walk up to you all nervice and nerdly like and go "I'm trinest for gaf l0lz....I mean sorr0zies"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom