• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added the funding the other day, but haven't received anything yet.

The last promo they did, almost the same, I got a voucher code messaged to me (but only via the "old" mail system, so PS3 / Vita, not PS4). I believe a recent firmware has helped sync up the Friends List + Mail for all the PS consoles, although I am not 100% sure on that either.
Yeah messaging is one and all now, when I get a message I get a notification on my phone, Vita and PS4 all in tandem.

MoonGred

So after the disappointment that the nexus 6 unveil was for me, I've decided to get a lg g3. I'll probably sound like a dick, but I'm looking at grey import as the price difference is fairly big. Are there any recommended stores? I had a look at kogan, but was a bit put off by the 2 week handling time.
Help me guys!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What are the go to news sites these days that I can subscribe to that doesn't have biased opinions within actual news?

No gaming sites, I can't be fucked with those these days.

What are the go to news sites these days that I can subscribe to that doesn't have biased opinions within actual news?

Nothing is free of bias. Best bet is to get your news from several sources.

The news depresses me though so I have no where to point you, aside from maybe ABC and (maybe but I have no clue if they are still considered good) Al Jazeera. Also VICE is great at times too.

I tend to just follow shit on Twitter. Fred/Choc/Omi tend to retweet interesting news.

Quasar

Nothing is free of bias. Best bet is to get your news from several sources.

The news depresses me though so I have no where to point you, aside from maybe ABC and (maybe but I have no clue if they are still considered good) Al Jazeera. Also VICE is great at times too.

True. For general news I tend to just look at ABC, the guardian and crikey (plus the local one for local news) . Plus I have a twitter list of journos that I check out.

Deeku

I finally got around to watching my love from another star (the korean drama)

holy shit

;_;
oh god there was a point when everybodyyyy was talking about this stupid show

i still don't really know what its deal is, but that dude is everywhere and there are a lot of people sporting his dumb haircut!

markot

Banned
Why can't I be one of those people who calls the cops on noisy people? And also why isn't anyone near me that kind of person,....

Lousy young people with their parties.

Fredescu

If by free from bias you mean just as likely to criticise any side, that would be Crikey. Ain't free though.

I have been enjoying Borderlands TPS more than I had when played Shadow of Mordor, Destiny and Watch Dogs. It doesn't feel like an Arkham origins situation- new developer takes an IP created by someone else and doesn't 'get it.' 2k Australia gets it, though they had help, judging by the credits.

And half the NPCs are Aussies, proper Aussies. I think they may have overdone that in terms of players OS but for me the humour works (borderlands 2 had snappy dialogue and this is no different). Yeah so it's a pity it's not on new gen, yet. But, if you have a PC, Mac or Linux machine, it's worth playing.

So after the disappointment that the nexus 6 unveil was for me, I've decided to get a lg g3.

I can't help you with where to buy, but I can help affirm your decision. I got an LG G2 through optus and it's the best phone I've ever had. So I'd imagine the G3 is even better (because higher is better).

Borderlands 1.5 is probably the funnest and funniest game I've played in ages. Loving it, I streamed it for 3 1/2 hours and had so much fun. It's been so long since I've had trouble putting down a game.

Borderlands 1.5 is probably the funnest and funniest game I've played in ages. Loving it, I streamed it for 3 1/2 hours and had so much fun. It's been so long since I've had trouble putting down a game.

Sweet, I'll give it a shot once it hits PS4 eventually. The franchise has never really grabbed me properly, the writing especially.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
oh god there was a point when everybodyyyy was talking about this stupid show

i still don't really know what its deal is, but that dude is everywhere and there are a lot of people sporting his dumb haircut!

Haha, it really is a dumb haircut!

it was a great show though.

Also, did anyone else buy Fantasy Life? I did last night and it's SO charming. like holy shit charm ahoy.

MoonGred

Hah, I've gone lumberjack too.

I should start saving up my wood and then one day become a ccarpenter.

I keep selling it for god knows what reason.

My only gripe with the game so far is that I was hoping carpentry to solely rely on wood thr little I've seen of it didn't make it seem that way.

Also flutter is annoying as shit

i shot a spider with bug spray and compressed air to get it to crawl out from the corner of my windowsill. then with more bug spray but it fell off into the garden and when i went to look for it to spray it some more its wasn't there. now there's a huntsman out there looking for vengeance :(

i dont care if some people think huntsmans are cute and spiderbros its still a spider and im still not a spider

Hey is there anywhere I can get (Either in Melbourne easily or delivery within... 1.5 weeks?) a USB cord that connects to my Original 3DS? I'm going on a work trip to Europe and I know my plane has USB chargers and wanna Smash bros. it up but the normal charger of course won't work... what plug is the 3DS? I don't know and I don't want to buy 50 cords to have them all be wrong :(

Hey is there anywhere I can get (Either in Melbourne easily or delivery within... 1.5 weeks?) a USB cord that connects to my Original 3DS? I'm going on a work trip to Europe and I know my plane has USB chargers and wanna Smash bros. it up but the normal charger of course won't work... what plug is the 3DS? I don't know and I don't want to buy 50 cords to have them all be wrong :(

why wont the normal plug work. didnt planes have regular powerpoints before they had usb powerpoints

Jintor

You might be able to get a multi plug thing from dick smith or something that has a 3ds y thing... That's what I use to charge my 3ds after the original adapter broke

Kmart have a 8ft enclosed trampoline for $49 on clearance for you parents out there, give your local a call to see if they have any stock. Also small bar fridges for $49, perfect timing as the bro-in-law wanted a passive-aggressive way to stop his housemates eating his food!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Thinking of selling my PS3 and Games, The thought came over me as I was cleaning.

I've always liked the idea of having a bunch of consoles and games but in reality, It's probably not that exciting.

I don't use my PS3, I can't see myself using it any time soon and while it's not taking up space.. I may as well do something with it.

Torn on if I should or not.

Thinking of selling my PS3 and Games, The thought came over me as I was cleaning.

I've always liked the idea of having a bunch of consoles and games but in reality, It's probably not that exciting.

I don't use my PS3, I can't see myself using it any time soon and while it's not taking up space.. I may as well do something with it.

Sell.

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the place or not (I've also posted in the buy/sell/trade thread).

I currently have two tickets to PAX Australia (Saturday passes) that I'm unlikely to be able to use due to work commitments on that weekend.

If anyone is chasing passes for Saturday let me know, as I'd be keen to sell them.

I'm based in Brisbane, however I can mail where ever if you'd prefer.

I'd say sell,

The back catalogue will probably become available in time, and I really don't feel like the last few generations (PS2, PS3 etc) are going to be worth holding on to like the cart systems were.

I'm moving house and am getting rid of ALL my old physical media; games and DVDs. If you're in Sydney and can pick up from around the North side of the bridge, get in touch. Yours for free. There's heaps of old and new stuff, including original copies of Doom 2, Thief, etc.

I'm moving house and am getting rid of ALL my old physical media; games and DVDs. If you're in Sydney and can pick up from around the North side of the bridge, get in touch. Yours for free. There's heaps of old and new stuff, including original copies of Doom 2, Thief, etc.

That's a very nice offer.

Legend!

MoonGred

Has anyone got experience with usb 2.0 cables of 7m or longer? I've been on the lookout for one to wire my xbox controller from my pc to my couch but for some reason I can't find anything longer than 5m.

Dryk

Has anyone got experience with usb 2.0 cables of 7m or longer? I've been on the lookout for one to wire my xbox controller from my pc to my couch but for some reason I can't find anything longer than 5m.
That's because 5m is the furthest you'll get a signal over USB without repeaters. In my limited experience though 5m will work for very basic signals only. I have to connect a motor controller and a PC over 5m of USB cable at uni and the PC won't notice it unless I stick a powered hub somewhere in the middle (closer to the PC for this application).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom