• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live within 100m of the SA Arnott's factory. It makes the whole block smell like waffles when they're baking. Real nice to wake up and sit on the balcony breathing waffle flavoured air.

I have raged quit Shadow of Mordor for the last time. Fuck tha game. I will just play 3DS games until Borderlands unlocks.

No internet for me till Friday at least. Rectification date went from 10th to 14th to 17th OCT :(

500 mts of cable needs to be replaced. Telstra told me this on the 9th.

Today, "Sorry sir, we had to escalate the issue to a construction crew and will be rectified by friday"

How ridiculous is that if they knew a week ago that so much cable had to be replaced, wasn't it obvious a construction crew was required to dig up line?

I hear you, Death. Words cannot describe how much I hate Telstra right now and the amount of Telstra bullshit I've endured over the years. If it wasn't for the fact no other mobile providers offer decent reception where I live, I would have stayed Optus. I fucking hate them and the fact that the alternatives are worse for services in my area.

Also, they were pretty shit way back when they were Telecom so they at least respect tradition.

MoonGred

I have raged quit Shadow of Mordor for the last time. Fuck tha game. I will just play 3DS games until Borderlands unlocks.

I hear you, Death. Words cannot describe how much I hate Telstra right now and the amount of Telstra bullshit I've endured over the years. If it wasn't for the fact no other mobile providers offer decent reception where I live, I would have stayed Optus. I fucking hate them and the fact that the alternatives are worse for services in my area.

Also, they were pretty shit way back when they were Telecom so they at least respect tradition.

Why does it make you rage?

A fresh one of these...

9611648.jpg

Perfection.

I've got a soft spot for green tea flavoured stuff. I'm still on the hunt for a green tea kikat.
Whereabouts are you? I saw a heap in Burwood (Vic) just the other day. Japanese crazy KitKats are great.

But the biscuit conversation has been done to death. Let's talk ice cream.
The wife and I somehow went through a tub of the Connoisseur Louis XIV last night. Vanilla, chocolate flakes and Armagnac.

japanese snacks suck
Dude, mochi.

What's wrong with Shadow of Mordor?

At least dodo gave me a free 3G sim with 4GB data to use while the adsl is down. Will be calling the TIO on friday if Telstra fail to fix the cable.

MoonGred

Whereabouts are you? I saw a heap in Burwood (Vic) just the other day. Japanese crazy KitKats are great.

The wife and I somehow went through a tub of the Connoisseur Louis XIV last night. Vanilla, chocolate flakes and Armagnac.

Dude, mochi.

Live in the western suburbs, so it wouldn't be too far away, any shop in particular?

Why does it make you rage?

What's wrong with Shadow of Mordor?

I should explain. Rage is perhaps overblown. Frustration is more accurate. It wouldn't have hurt Monolith to put in mid-mission checkpoints. And taking out the captains is just fucking irritating. Also, RL stuff is making me not want to play a game I'm finding more frustrating that fun. It's a good game, just the wrong time for me to play it.

What's a devils food gaytime?

It was more chocolate based as opposed to the caramel "Golden" gaytime. I'm sure there were others as well, but this is probably going back to the late 1980's so my memory is hazy. Back when I was 6 every new ice cream on the scene was a cause of wonderment. Those were the days.

Wait, found it: http://www.marketingmag.com.au/news/goldengaytimeclassictvcsreturn-1087/#.VDz12xZrb_E

"There have been about 25 different flavours of th ice cream since its launch in 1959. The current and most successful one is the ‘Golden’ Gaytime, which was launched in the summer of 1970. Past flavours have included Strawberry Shortcake, Caramel Nut, King Chocolate, Raspberry Rough, Choc Orange, Cassata Roma, Devil’s Food (chocolate) and Turkish Delight."

Tommy DJ

japanese snacks suck

maybe jerky is okay but jerky is jerky

As far as biscuits and chocolates go, I quite like the stuff that Lotte and Meiji sell. But yeah, I think a lot of Japanese sweets are a bit on the sweet side. I used to really like Melty Kiss but I can barely get through three cubes these days.

Basically what I'm saying is that you should stick with their glutinous rice dishes since a lot of them don't feel like that you're merely eating oil and sugar.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I live within 100m of the SA Arnott's factory. It makes the whole block smell like waffles when they're baking. Real nice to wake up and sit on the balcony breathing waffle flavoured air.

Damn! That would be really nice.

I used to wake up to kangaroos havings sex outside my bedroom window. That was amusing.

Rlan

Radical!

screen568x568.jpeg

We at Halfbrick have finally soft launched our new internally developed game - Radical Rappelling!

screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg
screen568x568.jpeg

If you've been a fan of previous games of ours like Jetpack Joyride and Monster Dash, I think you'll get right into this one. It's available in Australia, New Zealand, Canada and Singapore at the moment.

Rate, review & recommend right-now!

https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/id882398562

I've actually been super addicted to the version from work for weeks now, so glad this is out now. Grab it, Rad Dudes!

Come on guys, just over 2 weeks until PAX and a ton of us will descend on Melbourne!
Great chance for meetups and other things!

Yto4wuW.jpg

Gaz has a great thread over here but probably easier to run AusGAF schedule in here since this thread moves faster.

RjSxy2P.jpg

Can't find the list! These are the ones I remember for sure

Shaneus!
Reptilescorpio!
Kritz!
Gazunta!
Choc!
Trinest!
Holycheck!
Jables Swan!
Vormund!
Axiom!
DeathJr!
Dimefan3!
MTE!

.....and more!

Also don't forget the lovely MelbGAF posters who will be around town who aren't partaking in the sweaty splendor of PAX!

0mikron!
Codswallop!
Rezbit!
BananaArnie!
Darren870!
Megadrive!
etc!

PAX is more about the people than about the event, so hopefully we can get together on the long weekend one way or another., whether it be to break bread, smash drinks, peruse antiquities or game some boards.

img_4216cqsyv.jpg

Also is anyone dressing up? I was going to cosplay as RANDOM HOTLINE MIAMI GUY but the wife thought the pigeon mask I was going to order would get me arrested so I'll be going as 'overweight baldish yobbo #873'. You can spot me in the crowd by the rare sighting of a Playstation Vita.

ANYWAY

aCFmJwF.jpg

Panels! What's everyone going to? Use the Guidebook (iOS/Android/lolholy) to make up your own schedule, it can even give you a warning when the panel is coming up!
Here's a few that caught my eye, let me know if any others are of interest!

FRI
Pete Hines from Bethesda talking shit
Good Game & Marc Fennell talk about compelling viewing of games media
Media Molecule Q&A
Halfbrick how to make a game (announce a new one again? edit: Oh shit, well there it is I guess!)
Examining the relationship between Youtubers and indie devs
Political pro-activism for geeks with Adam Bandt!
How to build a better gamer community for young gamers
Chris Roberts Q&A
How to get your indie game on the global stage
The future of VR

SAT
Tearaway post-mortem
Gaming in STEM education
Reasons for making the PC female
Creating inclusive gaming communities
Good Game Q&A
How to breach the gender gap in the industry

SUN
Examples of diversity in games
Tips for getting your kids to be geeks
Religion in gaming
Aussie game dev, thoughts and worries.

So yeah, bit lean this year. Not many game panels sadly, aside from the Media Molecule ones.

ovhwjXF.png

Yes! There will be games to play! Things to guess! Sweaty disgusting devices to touch!

Take a look at the showfloor for ideas on what games will be available.
Ubisoft, Nintendo, LoL and World of dominate the space again like last year.
Microsoft have a proper booth this time, rather than just the 2 hour a day glass case fondle, hope they give away some cool shit!

At the very least run through the AU Indie area where Gaz will most likely pimping half the games!

Boardgaming area should be popular again too.

SO

dining_bimini_people97a5c.jpg

THE GREAT AUSGAF PAX MEETUP OF 2014

Any suggestions? Dinner? Pub? Museum? Ultimate frisby in the park? Trash AniCheck's house?

This is a once in a lifetime chance to meet several prominent Australian video games icons!

The creator of Citizen Burger Disorder!

The creator of Blow The Cartridge and video games such as The Last Owl Us!

Even the prodigal son Chocobo might actually meet an AusGAFfer!

What days do people have free? You still got that handy Google form somewhere Clipper?

Yay!

japanese snacks suck

maybe jerky is okay but jerky is jerky

but but but Jagabeeeeee ;.; and anything green tea flavoured.... and even convenience store rice balls if you could those as snacks. So many good things.

Also, you can buy tim tams there fairly easily. Sometimes even convenience stores stock em!

Is Clive going to be there? I think Clive might be in town?

Even the prodigal son Chocobo might actually meet an AusGAFfer!

What days do people have free? You still got that handy Google form somewhere Clipper?

Yay!

er, is Pax suddenly in Brisbane? Then yes, i will be in town, town being Brisbane.

But I've been roped into going to Brisbane Supanova in November to help out on some guy's table in Copyright Infringement Alley. Maybe there should be an Brisgaf/Rexona Appreciation Society meet then.

er, is Pax suddenly in Brisbane? Then yes, i will be in town, town being Brisbane.

But I've been roped into going to Brisbane Supanova in November to help out on some guy's table in Copyright Infringement Alley. Maybe there should be an Brisgaf/Rexona Appreciation Society meet then.

Damn it Clive! You should come down and be merry!

I'll be at PAX on Friday and Saturday. Interested in beers one/both of those nights. I'll hopefully be seeing Rezbit on one or both of those nights also.

The smell from the gold coast one a few years back still haunts me to this day.

Rizzi

Supposedly my teefury order shipped today.
I say supposedly, because I didn't get a tracking number and people on their customer service forum seem to post about orders that never arrive etc.
So I don't think I'll ever order from them again.

Axiom

RIPT is fantastic for T-shirts, I've got the best fitting and best feeling shirts from them, and I've tried most of the daily t-shirt sites.

Don't expect anything from Shirtpunch unless you're prepared to wait two months.

The Yetee is good as well.

I'll also be at PAX all three days.

RIPT is fantastic for T-shirts, I've got the best fitting and best feeling shirts from them, and I've tried most of the daily t-shirt sites.

I agree. My RIPT hoodie is excellent.

Come on guys, just over 2 weeks until PAX and a ton of us will descend on Melbourne!
Great chance for meetups and other things!

Can't find the list! These are the ones I remember for sure

Shaneus!
Reptilescorpio!
Kritz!
Gazunta!
Choc!
Trinest!
Holycheck!
Jables Swan!
Vormund!

.....and more!

Also don't forget the lovely MelbGAF posters who will be around town who aren't partaking in the sweaty splendor of PAX!

0mikron!
Codswallop!
Rezbit!
etc!

PAX is more about the people than about the event, so hopefully we can get together on the long weekend one way or another., whether it be to break bread, smash drinks, peruse antiquities or game some boards.

Why you forgot me rep, why?

Was talking to my Dr and I referred to it as my ear hole. Ear drops suck.

Ps wheres clippers "am in Melbourne" pax meetup sheet.
should all fill that in

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Free for a meet up on sat night.

And again!

Pax tix for sale! Friday $40

Sat and sun v likely too just not sure which I might go on yet..

Darren870

May or may not be able to meet up for some drinks, depends on the day really.

Though anyone in Melbourne keen on a few drinks next week sometime? Don't know how many of you are local.

How does that differ that much from a Magnum?

The same way cornetto and drumstick are almost the same just by two different makers. or Paddlepops and Billabongs. Or Spilts or Splice?

Before watching Good Game last night I had no idea the new Borderlands had so many Australianisms in it.

As someone that loved Borderlands 1 but never got around to completing Borderlands 2 this hasn't really been on my radar, but I might pick it up now somewhere down the line now.

It'd be Un-Australian not to.

Before watching Good Game last night I had no idea the new Borderlands had so many Australianisms in it.

As someone that loved Borderlands 1 but never got around to completing Borderlands 2 this hasn't really been on my radar, but I might pick it up now somewhere down the line now.

Is good game still decent? Haven't watched it in ages.

How does that differ that much from a Magnum?

The same way cornetto and drumstick are almost the same just by two different makers. or Paddlepops and Billabongs. Or Spilts or Splice?

You shut your filthy mouth, there is no conparison between paddle pops and that other ice cream.

jambo

I'm a bit the same.

I knew it was being made in Australia, but I didn't realise it would have such an Aussie flavour to it.

Really looking forward to it now, especially the Bogan Gun.

Darren870

Oh Yea, Melbourne-GAF

Looking to buy a place an Apt in the city but not sure where to actually look? Anyone have any recommendations? Missus works in Toorak and I work in East Melbourne.

We are looking at Brunswick, Fitzroy, Collingwood, Toorak, S Yarra, St Kilda.

Any other suggestions on areas to look? Likely going to be a 1-2Br apt. Looking for something that is an easy commute and near areas with lots to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom