• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTE

Some new salad place opened up, but it's not really my scene. Coworkers love it tho.

Oh, where's that? Not that it's my scene either.
I just had The Standard for lunch - Chilli fries. I ought to go there more often.

Totally picked Quartermasters from your previous menu :p

MTE

It's called "Provador" or something similar. Don't recall exact spelling. It's next door to a frozen yoghurt store on Elizabeth street.

Ahh, they're what The Schwartz turned in to. I haven't been in, but I think it's more of a grocery store/sandwich shop. Either way it's likely absolutely lousy with hipsters.

There's a big salad bar and loads of people come in at lunch time to eat in there. It's got tables and such. It does sandwiches as well and does have other things for sale. The staff are usually very hipsterish, yes.

mandiller

Did anyone get borderlands on pc? If so what is your performance like?

The performance is exactly the same as Borderlands 2 for me.

Oh, btw, does anyone want some cheap tickets for PAX Australia in Melbourne? I've got two tickets for the Friday session but I can't go anymore unfortunately. They're normally $55 each but I'll sell them for $40 each is someone wants to save a bit of money.

Dryk

Dammit I wanna play Hyrule Warriors more but the TVs constantly being used by my family to watch crappy TV -_-

On an (un)related note over the last few weeks I have discovered that Beauty and the Geek becomes almost watchable if you have a large group of friends that don't mind you constantly riffing on it, and a contestant in the room feeding you inside information. Almost.

MoonGred

The performance is exactly the same as Borderlands 2 for me.

Oh, btw, does anyone want some cheap tickets for PAX Australia in Melbourne? I've got two tickets for the Friday session but I can't go anymore unfortunately. They're normally $55 each but I'll sell them for $40 each is someone wants to save a bit of money.

Bl2 ran great for me, even on my laptop, this drops from 180fps down to 40 in some corridors. It's doing my head in

Quasar

Well theres a surprise . The apple australia price for the ipad air2 is less than the us price currency converted with 10% added. Only 20$ cheaper but still am surprised. Someone forgot the Australia tax.

I can't imagine it getting much cheaper in the future. I assume it's on sale now since Diva F 2nd comes out next month.

Well worth a buy.
It's a legit good music game so get it!

oh i mean tell your friend to get it!
Thanks guys! I'll grab it tonight tell my friend to get it tonight!

Dammit I wanna play Hyrule Warriors more but the TVs constantly being used by my family to watch crappy TV -_-

On an (un)related note over the last few weeks I have discovered that Beauty and the Geek becomes almost watchable if you have a large group of friends that don't mind you constantly riffing on it, and a contestant in the room feeding you inside information. Almost.
Off TV play on the WiiU! Although it only reaches like 5m away >_<

Heh, started watching Total Divas last night. Similar weird show, it's mildly tolerable. The behind the scenes wrestling stuff is pretty great and kept me watching though.

I played through the intro area of borderlands tonight. I'm playing as claptrap and I kinda love him :D

Can't wait to keep playing tonight. There was a triple confirmation to make sure I wanted to play as claptrap on purpose, it was funny

WHAT?!?! Combusken is evolving!!!!

i've never played ruby or saphire before. so this will be funs.l uau
I say its name "Com-bus-KEN!!!" in my head like it's being announced over a loudspeaker by an overexcitable Japanese man. Then Blaziken becomes "Blazing KEN!!!".

I like Combusken more than Blaziken because the former reminds me of the mascot for Pollo Campero, a fried chicken chain in Latin America. It disappoints me that Combusken isn't the final form.

Shaneus

AusGAF: Should I buy an iPad Mini 2? They've dropped in price since the announcement this morning... a refurb 32gb wifi one is selling for $379 now, down from $509 a few weeks ago.

Wouldn't normally consider this, but I thought they had a shit resolution. Turns out, it's identical to my iPad 3. Stupid consumerism making me want smaller things :(

Shaneus

Wouldn't this be a pretty good argument not to?
Well, identical except for it being literally half the weight and quite a deal physically smaller (and better CPU). Resolution is identical, which I didn't realise. From eBay, looks like I might be able to sell my current iPad for the same price as a Mini 2, too.

Fredescu

Anybody here bought a phone from DWI? Looking at a Z3c and they have the best price on the d5833 version.

http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au....aspx?afid=7&gclid=CK-uhO64ssECFdgnvQodA3cAYA

The one on most of the other sites I buy from is the world model which doesn't have the complete list of 4g bands or something, I don't know how this shit works.

I've been following the WP Z3C thread for a while and a bunch of people got the 5803 from DWI when they ordered the 5833 specifically. Yet others got the 5833 they ordered. During that time, DWI was advertising the phone as 5803/5833, but from your link it only mentions 5833... so hopefully they've learnt and you should be ok?

Personally I'm still trying to decide if I want Z3C or Z3.

Shaneus

I absolutely adore my Mini 1, so a Mini 2 should be twice as good!
And that's the crappy one with the crappy resolution!

Funny thing about the Mini 2 (and the newly announced Mini 3): Literally the only thing differing the two is the touch ID thing. Same processor, same display, same battery, same dimensions (including weight). What astounds me is they're next to each other on this comparison page and you can see the only difference is the touch ID thing. Every entry on every column has basically been copypasta'd.

Darren870

Got all my visa paper work to fill in this weekend for my visa transfer. Looks like you guys might be stuck with me a bit longer....

Woo!

And that's the crappy one with the crappy resolution!

Funny thing about the Mini 2 (and the newly announced Mini 3): Literally the only thing differing the two is the touch ID thing. Same processor, same display, same battery, same dimensions (including weight). What astounds me is they're next to each other on this comparison page and you can see the only difference is the touch ID thing. Every entry on every column has basically been copypasta'd.

Why is that astounding, what did you expect from Apple?

Does it have 2GB RAM yet? If not I'd recommend an ASUS Memopad for $99

Why is that astounding, what did you expect from Apple?

Because historically through their product release cycles they generally only offer two versions of each form factor - a current one and a value (older) one.

What's interesting to me is that in under a year it appears as though we've gone from the value model being the iPad 2 to the 4 to the Air.

Between the different colours, capacities, and cellular support options, there are currently 30 SKUs of the mini range alone.

Quasar

Because historically through their product release cycles they generally only offer two versions of each form factor - a current one and a value (older) one.

What's interesting to me is that in under a year it appears as though we've gone from the value model being the iPad 2 to the 4 to the Air.

I'll admit I'm surprised. I figured the new mini would have some of the features of the new full sized one. And more than just the touchid sensor. Like either a processor bump or the new screen coating.

Shaneus

I'll admit I'm surprised. I figured the new mini would have some of the features of the new full sized one. And more than just the touchid sensor. Like either a processor bump or the new screen coating.
Yeah, keeping an identical processor is incredibly weird. Normally they'd add/change more than just a new hat little-used feature. I'm expecting the clock might go up a little (maybe), but that they didn't change the CPU/GPU or *anything* (to the point where every single dimension is identical) is surprising.

senahorse

I've been following the WP Z3C thread for a while and a bunch of people got the 5803 from DWI when they ordered the 5833 specifically. Yet others got the 5833 they ordered. During that time, DWI was advertising the phone as 5803/5833, but from your link it only mentions 5833... so hopefully they've learnt and you should be ok?

I just received one today as a work phone. Seems it's the 5803, doesn't bother me though not missing out on much.

Fredescu

I just received one today as a work phone. Seems it's the 5803, doesn't bother me though not missing out on much.

I think the only difference is it doesn't support the 700Mhz 4G band, which presumably isn't an issue for a work phone unless you use it to tether for remote work.

I would be interested to know how you find it after you've had some time to play with it.

Dead Man

Hmmm... might wait a bit longer then, I'll keep an eye on that thread though.

senahorse

I think the only difference is it doesn't support the 700Mhz 4G band, which presumably isn't an issue for a work phone unless you use it to tether for remote work.

I would be interested to know how you find it after you've had some time to play with it.

First impressions are great, it's very similar to my oneplus which is my personal phone (cpu/gpu the same I believe, both running Kit Kat), except for the obvious difference in it being tiny in comparison. I miss the capacitive buttons (like the oneplus uses) though and keep hitting the bezel expecting something to happen :). Build quality feels amazing, will be the perfect work phone.

Rizzi

Apparently the moon of Pandora is really space Australia.
That's kind weird. Anyone wanna shoot space bad dudes and get space guns on PC?

Did anybody here do that PSN topup thing where you get the $15 voucher? When/how is that delivered?

I added the funding the other day, but haven't received anything yet.

The last promo they did, almost the same, I got a voucher code messaged to me (but only via the "old" mail system, so PS3 / Vita, not PS4). I believe a recent firmware has helped sync up the Friends List + Mail for all the PS consoles, although I am not 100% sure on that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom