• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimefan3

*sigh*... thinking I might try to get myself to PAX this year, after not really thinking about going.

Good luck. I think tickets are mostly sold out, unless you keep an eye on their Facebook page for people selling.

I was down in Melbourne last night for an awards night, which happened to be at the convention center, which I haven't been to for years, and has been expanded since I was last there. All I can say is holy crap PAX is gonna be massive. :)

MoonGred

That's because 5m is the furthest you'll get a signal over USB without repeaters. In my limited experience though 5m will work for very basic signals only. I have to connect a motor controller and a PC over 5m of USB cable at uni and the PC won't notice it unless I stick a powered hub somewhere in the middle (closer to the PC for this application).

Fk, for some reason I thought there was no signal loss with usb. I guess I could just move my pc closer to the tv when playing from the couch, although this is sounding like a lot of work. Microsoft better release a wireless dongle for the xbone controller sooner rather than later!

I have come into possession of a Samsung Galaxy S5 to replace my iPhone 4S. I have some practical questions:

1) What is a good substitute for the little SIM card ejector thing for an iPhone?

2) Is there a way of making an iCloud backup over 3G? I'm on holidays, don't have a laptop and the WiFi here is terrible.

mandiller

*sigh*... thinking I might try to get myself to PAX this year, after not really thinking about going.

I have two Friday tickets for PAX but can't go anymore. If anyone is interested I'm happy to sell them at a good discount. I live in Brisbane but can post them. They normally cost $55 but I'll sell them for $40 each.

Rlan

Right, sounds like I'll be going to PAX now. I'll probably be doing a bit in the Halfbrick talk on Friday, which means I can get a ticket easy ;)

Now it means I need to write up 20 minutes of talk. And book flights and accomodation. AirBnB here I come, I guess.

Also basically allows me to come down for the weekend to see my Grandparents. Grandpa just had some cancerous stuff taken out of him (but is in good health), and I don't see them very often anymore.

In the past few years of reading up on various news articles, interviews etc etc I noticed a distinct pattern of certain Polish people not giving a fuck about doing their own thing.

A good example is the band Behemoth, those fellas just do their thing and don't worry about potentially upsetting conservative people.

This game seems to follow the same attitude, for better or for worse.

Gazunta

I'm sticking to my rule about not playing any video game that is less cute than Rainbow Islands or Yoshi's Island.

In fact new rule, only games about Islands.

jambo

In fact new rule, only games about Islands.

You may want to re-think that rule...

IyrfZbO.png

I don't know how I feel about this game. The gameplay doesn't even look fun

I think it looks kind of fun. Nice level of environmental destructibility, and I was always fond of isometric shooters like Crusader. It seems pretty tasteless, but I'm pretty desensitized from a life time of vidya games so I wouldn't let the presentation get in the way if the gameplay is actually decent.

Darren870

So AUS Gaf, who is the best bank to get a home loan through? At least a cheap % home loan?

Been looking around but they all see to vary in terms of % with the big banks being pretty high.

Not to sure how it will be where you are. In melb suburbs it gets shipped the day before release and delivered the next day.

Civ:BE is coming out Friday, so I'm thinking I'll get it like Tuesday or something?

Only ordered once so far but got it on release day in Brisbane. You're in Tassie right, Mutes? Assuming Dick doesn't fly it over Bass straight in a balloon powered by his opinions, you shouldn't have to wait too long.

also Civ V is free for a few days according to Kotaku

So AUS Gaf, who is the best bank to get a home loan through? At least a cheap % home loan?

Been looking around but they all see to vary in terms of % with the big banks being pretty high.

I don't have a home loan, but I know a lot of folks who wouldn't even consider banks.

What about this guy?

john-symond-200x0.jpg

MoonGred

Oh, neat.

I'm in a suburb 10 mins from the CBD, so hopefully I get it that day in time for the weekend.

Why was I under the impression that you lives in Hobart?

That game looks so lame. It's not even the killing civilians part, it's the fact they're trying SO hard to be evil and dark. It's like something a brooding 14 year old would make.

That's exactly the issue I'm having with this, the violence is the least of it's issues. The trying so hard at being "fuck you ratings we're killing civilians in horrible ways what are you going to do about it" is what really puts me off. I think there was a time and place for these sorts of games and its long gone. A couple of years ago I tried playing postal and maybe I just got old, but at no point did I have any fun.
That said to each its own I guess

Fredescu

Brokers are better I think, but go to a few before committing because some are arseholes, and some will prefer you to go with a particular product for their own bonuses rather than for reasons that are good for you. They will be up to date on which products are the best for your situation, and a good one will understand what you need and know what to suggest. Brokers aren't perfect, but I think you will learn more by going to four different brokers than you will by going to four different banks.

Shaneus

Looks amazing.
It honestly does. It's like some kind of Tokyo Highway Challenge/Outrun/Road Blasters hybrid... with licensed cars!

I kinda can't wait for it. Would love to see some kind of 3D mode that only works with red-blue glasses a la the Master System.

Gazunta

Look basically all I'm saying is that I just want to play Crackdown but with Rainbow Islands graphics IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?!?!

And yeah Drift Stage looks hot as hell! My kind of game :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom