• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

JardeL

Hi AusGAF, unfortunately
:p
I live in Turkey but have an AUS PS account as master acc.So I need to buy AUS PSN Card to be a Plus member, but cant find any seller except PCGAMESupply which is ridiculously overpriced ($45 for $30 card). Any advice for another retailer that sends code via email?

But that should me you can choose to take that exam or a later, make up exam. I see zero reason why a student shouldn't be allowed that.
Exams are scheduled to occur at the same time for each uni across all their timezones (as reasonable as is possible). Some unis obviously are only in one timezone, but ones that allow students to study overseas have to allow them to take the exams where ever they are.

And you can't allow multiple sessions because the exams are produced and printed in a controlled environment so they don't get out ahead of time. Multiple sessions would allow for more collusion and cheating.

Not only that, scheduling venues for exams takes a ton of planning. There's probably much better ways than the current system where everyone's in a room together with the same printed pieces of paper, but this way is at least a level playing field.

Thanks for the invite jerk, I'm up to the moon mission hope you'll run it with me.

Also this thread is in need of DEALS OCTOPUS

convince me to buy some cheap video games, preferably of the PS4 variety.
I'm up for some more tonight.

Also deal octopus has been sleepy lately, stupid life, so I haven't been trawling for bargains much. Hasn't been much around either tbh!

I'm pretty tapped out from that $55 posted preorder deal through Dick Smith a while back. I've been collecting a ton of their half price $10 vouchers too so hopefully they have another deal soon lol.

Exams are scheduled to occur at the same time for each uni across all their timezones (as reasonable as is possible). Some unis obviously are only in one timezone, but ones that allow students to study overseas have to allow them to take the exams where ever they are.

And you can't allow multiple sessions because the exams are produced and printed in a controlled environment so they don't get out ahead of time. Multiple sessions would allow for more collusion and cheating.

Not only that, scheduling venues for exams takes a ton of planning. There's probably much better ways than the current system where everyone's in a room together with the same printed pieces of paper, but this way is at least a level playing field.

I understand 100%. It would be nice to have some real world flexibility though. When my grandpa died I sat a different set of exams, which I believe is the right way to go. If you can't make it to the first exam, get signed up for the second.

Super glad not to be at uni now. Looking back it was such a stupid thing to do. At least all my learning from here on out has some flexibility to it.

wonzo

Banned
B0mEmsUCYAAvuj4.png:large

strayyyyyyyyyyyyaa

Is it possible to buy Civilization Beyond Earth without paying Australia tax? Its sitting just shy of $90 on Steam and GMG :/
ozgameshop's selling steam codes for $53

Hi AusGAF, unfortunately
I live in Turkey but have an AUS PS account as master acc.So I need to buy AUS PSN Card to be a Plus member, but cant find any seller except PCGAMESupply which is ridiculously overpriced ($45 for $30 card). Any advice for another retailer that sends code via email?

Playasia and ozgameshop do digital codes for UK PSN. Not sure if that helps.

kyser73

Just picked up Shadows Of Mordor for for $58, thanks OzGameshop :)

Converting back to poonds (which is my value proposition) worked out at 31 quid.

Darren870

So I just discovered Plex exists and that it's the nicest thing to use ever to stream stuff to my ipad.

Yea its great. I use it with chromecast.

We go through our movies on the ipad or phone, see what we want to watch then blam!! SHIZAM! Right on the TV with chromecast.

Amazing how far we've come.

Now I just need a better NAS, It can't transcode so I have to make sure everything is in the right format. I seem to lose out on subtitles at times because of it.

Hi AusGAF, unfortunately

I don't think any retailer sells online PSN codes for AU. Best you can do is have a mate or relative in AU purchase physical PSN cards from a store and email you the codes.

If all you need is PS Plus, any PAL country's PS+ code should work with the AU store. I'm not 100% sure but since UK codes work for AU and vice versa, it should work out for you.

Stackboy

Sup Ausgaf, I got married about 2 weeks and 4 days ago.

The day itself went pretty much perfectly. Everyone had a great time, only one friend got too trashed and everyone was happy. Lexi was there, she can vouch for how rad the day was.

Had 5 nights up in the hills behind the gold coast (sounds rednecky but it's all rainforest and lovely), was good to rest for a while with my amazing new wife.

Then we had 7 nights down in Melbourne, that was awesome! Hit the Zoo, Aquarium (thanks to whoever recommended that on here), the penguins were probably the best part, went to the Espy in St Kilda and saw some great blues rock, hit up Luna Park, many many bars and haemorrhaged money in general.

The general consensus in Brisbane is that Melbourne is full of hipsters and is pretty snobby (that was just my idea about the place actually), but that is totally wrong. Everywhere we went to the service was great and the bars and restaurants are just really nice. In fact, Brisbane is more snobby and up itself.

Anyway, when I got back I got Forza Horizon 2 as a gift from a friend for the wedding (He buys the groom and present, his wife buys the bride a present, really nice idea). Loving it!! The game is gorgeous and how the game unfolds and how you move from race to race is really well done. Going to sink into this one.

Picked up Shadow of Mordor too, I feel like I've been tricked into buying another AC game, but the game is opening up some cool skills and I'm coming around to it, especially the nemesis system.

Got around to playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel this morning for a few hours. It's more Borderlands, but it's not like it's a bad thing.

Oh and I'm going to give Driveclub a miss. Sounds way too simmy and not enough fun for me.

Stackboy

Congrats Stack.

Happy to hear that we can finally invite other people to the now free 6th spot in our driveclub :D.

Yeah sorry about that, should have said something sooner. Between Forza Horizon 2 and The Crew coming out in December, I have all my driving games covered.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, married life is pretty swell so far!

JardeL

Playasia and ozgameshop do digital codes for UK PSN. Not sure if that helps.
Thanks but I need AU codes :/.
I don't think any retailer sells online PSN codes for AU. Best you can do is have a mate or relative in AU purchase physical PSN cards from a store and email you the codes.

If all you need is PS Plus, any PAL country's PS+ code should work with the AU store. I'm not 100% sure but since UK codes work for AU and vice versa, it should work out for you.
Oh JardeL, I can help you out actually. I'll be in Istanbul from 15th-18th December, I can bring some PS cards for you?
Whoa, thanks mate. Unfortunately again :p I'm not in Istanbul, not even close but thanks for your kindness and friendship. I wanna be a Plus member so if UK Plus codes work on AU accounts, problem solved.
[Edit]: UK Ps Plus code doesnt work for AU according to reddit user. :/
Unfortunately? Bu bu bu böreks!
^_^ Turkey is a fantastic country, was just kiddin'.
Can't wait to try out the food in Turkey! Any recommendations? I'm in Istanbul for 3 days in Dec, staying in the old city area.
You'll love it, Turkish cuisine is yummy. Kebabs, meatballs, pastry, sea food, dolma, baklava (from Karakoy Gulluoglu) , kunefe etc. eat as much as you can, you wont regret! I think this link will help;
[ http://howtoistanbul.com/en/list/gastro_istanbul/taste-by-neighbourhood/1 ].

Thanks but I need AU codes :/.

Whoa, thanks mate. Unfortunately again :p I'm not in Istanbul, not even close but thanks for your kindness and friendship. I wanna be a Plus member so if UK Plus codes work on AU accounts, problem solved.
[Edit]: UK Ps Plus code doesnt work for AU according to reddit user. :/

^_^ Turkey is a fantastic country, was just kiddin'.

You'll love it, Turkish cuisine is yummy. Kebabs, meatballs, pastry, sea food, dolma, baklava (from Karakoy Gulluoglu) , kunefe etc. eat as much as you can, you wont regret! I think this link will help;
[ http://howtoistanbul.com/en/list/gastro_istanbul/taste-by-neighbourhood/1 ].

Thanks, looking forward to some Mediterranean delights.

Can't wait to try out the food in Turkey! Any recommendations? I'm in Istanbul for 3 days in Dec, staying in the old city area.
Stream of consciousness incoming...

Well, borek, of course! Other food I remember particularly enjoying was the dondurma (sp?), which is Turkish ice cream, but it's got some sort of flour and mastic in it, so it's a lot more chewy than ice cream. Even if you're not a fan you should try it. There's boats on the river that serve fish caught that morning in rolls with salad, they're pretty nice too. They cook it on the boat and pass it to you on land. The kofte (basically meatballs) are also great, as is kebab (not the souvlaki type stuff). Basically anything meat is pretty good. Turkish olives are also good.

I remember eating at a restaurant, which I think was around here somewhere, it somehow turned out to be a feast to break fast on the second-last day of Ramadan which was sort of awkward, but it was a rooftop restaurant and the views and food were both excellent. There was also a great little cafe that sold kofte, I think around here, where we were the only people of fair skin in the place. It was pretty nondescript but the food was excellent.

Try Turkish coffee (Turk Kahvesi) once, though I wasn't a huge fan. 'She-ker-li' is sugar, and you'll probably need it. Besides, most young Turks seem to enjoy western coffee more now.

Been a few years since I visited Istanbul, and I'm sure someone else in AusGAF has been too, but I recall there being a fair bit around Sultanahmet to do. There's lots of day trips (to Gallipoli, or Cappadocia, or quad biking etc) if that's something you're interested in (we didn't do any of those). I'm sure you already know to check out Topkapi Palace (do pay the extra to see the harem), the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya (there's also a little Aya Sofya which is hidden away somewhere further south, I quite enjoyed seeing it and chatting to the holy men there), the yerebatan sarnici (Roman cistern), and the grand bazaar.

The call to prayer from the Blue Mosque is pretty loud (we were a couple of hundred metres away) but after a day or two it's not hard to sleep through.

Kept wondering why we had that extra spot but thought Stack had already signed in lol

Planning on dumping a fair few hours into Driveclub this weekend now it's fairly stable. I think I'm in the Pro league atm.

Do we know anyone who wants in on a club?

PS4 $429 from Kmart on Monday, getting closer to the magic $400 mark.

i know its been cheaper, but they were all dse online only

This generation has been fantastic for consumers so far. Games and hardware have been much much MUCH cheaper than the PS3/360 era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom