• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samsung 840 EVO 750GB SSD for $249 pickup from Centrecom. Insanely good deal if your store has stock.

Big W will have Xbox One with Assassin's Creed Unity, Assassin's Creed Black Flag & Forza Horizon 2 for $478 next week.

I think pretty much every game to ever come out at retail for the X1 has been in a bundle at this point lol

jambo

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-23/muder-charges-laid-in-wedderburn-killings-in-victoria/5837668

A 63-year-old man has been charged with three counts of murder following a four-hour siege in Wedderburn in central Victoria.

Police were called to a home at Mulga Ridge Road at Wedderburn on Wednesday night following what police described as a "minor neighbourhood dispute".

Officers found one person dead and heard gunshots nearby so they withdrew from the scene.

They spoke to a man by telephone for about four hours before the man surrendered.

A subsequent search of the area revealed two other bodies.

All victims were from the same family and identified as Peter and Mary Lockhart, aged in their 70s, and Ms Lockhart's son, Greg Holmes, 48.

They were well known in the local area.

Ian Francis Jamieson was questioned by detectives on Thursday and charged with three counts of murder.

Police said they believed the events unfolded after a minor dispute escalated.

Well fuck...

New ADSL 2+ modem/ router recommendation needed. Something 802ac since my desktop, laptop and tablet all support that, something with good range since my consoles are a fair way from the modem.

I was looking at the Netgear nighthawk R7000 and R8000 models (which is down to $320 at DSE right now) but I have found the user reviews on Whirlpool to be underwhelming. I have liked the last few Netgear routers I've used but above all I wants something reliable with good performance for n and ac over distance, and doesn't have to be the absolute cheapest on the market.

I have to connect 2 laptops, 1 desktop, tablet, Apple Tv and three current consoles (when I get them) and a phone. distance from the router to the consoles is about 12 metres through three interior plasterboard walls with timber frames. Not needing it today, but will by the time I need to play multiplayer console games in early November.

Also in Borderlands TPS, I can't make up my mind which is the best new creation
Birthday Cat or Racist Hot Dog?

wonzo

Banned
New ADSL 2+ modem/ router recommendation needed. Something 802ac since my desktop, laptop and tablet all support that, something with good range since my consoles are a fair way from the modem.

I was looking at the Netgear nighthawk R7000 and R8000 models (which is down to $320 at DSE right now) but I have found the user reviews on Whirlpool to be underwhelming. I have liked the last few Netgear routers I've used but above all I wants something reliable with good performance for n and ac over distance, and doesn't have to be the absolute cheapest on the market.

I have to connect 2 laptops, 1 desktop, tablet, Apple Tv and three current consoles (when I get them) and a phone. distance from the router to the consoles is about 12 metres through three interior plasterboard walls with timber frames. Not needing it today, but will by the time I need to play multiplayer console games in early November.
its best to get a separate modem & router. any modem should do just fine and i've had no problems with my asus rt-ac68u

Fredescu

Any ideas what I could get for my sealed SC2 WoL collectors edition? I wonder if the new WoW expansion would increase demand for the pet.

Could always wait for the 3DS version (or is it exclusive to the New 3DS?). Prices may go down then for the Wii version too.

Looks like there's a Wii U version coming too. I might wait for that.

Thanks to Fred, Hamchan, Cod & Richard for the kind thoughts!

I've never done it and most of the posts in the destiny threads are for US, so if your group is in need of a 29 Hunter on PS4 give me a shout PSN: mavisSC

I'm up for a raid tonight/this weekend. Still haven't got any gear from them lol. Lvl 28 (could force 29 if needed) Sunslinger.

They haven't nerfed the Voidwalker Athlon cheat have they? Might be the best way to go lol.
Final area enemies are level 28 or 29? If they're 29 I'll waste some of my shards and pump up to 29.

Thanks to Fred, Hamchan, Cod & Richard for the kind thoughts!

I'm up for a raid tonight/this weekend. Still haven't got any gear from them lol. Lvl 28 (could force 29 if needed) Sunslinger.

They haven't nerfed the Voidwalker Athlon cheat have they? Might be the best way to go lol.
Final area enemies are level 28 or 29? If they're 29 I'll waste some of my shards and pump up to 29.

Cool, I'm free from about 6pm once I've fed the kids. Wife works late Fridays so it's Beer and Raiding night! Always made raids in WoW interesting, if we didn't get it down by 10pm we'd all be too pissed to carry on. Add me on PSN mavisSC

Cool, I'm free from about 6pm once I've fed the kids. Wife works late Fridays so it's Beer and Raiding night! Always made raids in WoW interesting, if we didn't get it down by 10pm we'd all be too pissed to carry on. Add me on PSN mavisSC

Man, I really need to up my Destiny level so I can have fun with you guys. Everyone is pretty much level 27 - 29 and I'm still at 21.

Sweet I'll add you in a minute.

Man, I really need to up my Destiny level so I can have fun with you guys. Everyone is pretty much level 27 - 29 and I'm still at 21.
Easiest way was through the Queens Wrath missions since it gave out all purple gear. I'm still using 2 armour and 1 weapon from it. Not sure when it will come around again.

Are you doing the daily heroic mission and a daily event? Both of those will give you post game items/rep which really helps. To gain the purple items you need for all the light to move up levels you can buy purple armour items from the Vanguard sellers. Easiest way to grind this is the strike playlist and the daily/weekly strikes/missions for rep and marks.
You can only early 100 marks a week though I think.

Main thing is to play a little every night, I used to just play for an hour and switch off until I got up to 28 pretty quickly.

Reached level 30 in Destiny. Not gonna play again until December now.

Nice! Ran a raid last night did you? More time for Driveclub :)

Easiest way was through the Queens Wrath missions since it gave out all purple gear. I'm still using 2 armour and 1 weapon from it. Not sure when it will come around again.

Are you doing the daily heroic mission and a daily event? Both of those will give you post game items/rep which really helps. To gain the purple items you need for all the light to move up levels you can buy purple armour items from the Vanguard sellers. Easiest way to grind this is the strike playlist and the daily/weekly strikes/missions for rep and marks.
You can only early 100 marks a week though I think.

Main thing is to play a little every night, I used to just play for an hour and switch off until I got up to 28 pretty quickly.

Yeah, the main problem is finding the time to play daily. I've really only been able to jump on for a couple of hours each weekend (mostly). I'm sure I'll manage to move up a few levels this weekend while my girlfriend works on assignments!

Yeah, the main problem is finding the time to play daily. I've really only been able to jump on for a couple of hours each weekend (mostly). I'm sure I'll manage to move up a few levels this weekend while my girlfriend works on assignments!

Let me know when you jump on next. The daily reset is at 8pm AEST so I'm usually on just after that to do an event and the daily. I can help you through a lvl 28 daily which will have maximum rewards for you. Should be able to find a 3rd person to run the weekly strike at 28 too for you.

Let me know when you jump on next. The daily reset is at 8pm AEST so I'm usually on just after that to do an event and the daily. I can help you through a lvl 28 daily which will have maximum rewards for you. Should be able to find a 3rd person to run the weekly strike at 28 too for you.

I should be free most of the weekend so I'm happy to help out.

Stream of consciousness incoming...

Well, borek, of course! Other food I remember particularly enjoying was the dondurma (sp?), which is Turkish ice cream, but it's got some sort of flour and mastic in it, so it's a lot more chewy than ice cream. Even if you're not a fan you should try it. There's boats on the river that serve fish caught that morning in rolls with salad, they're pretty nice too. They cook it on the boat and pass it to you on land. The kofte (basically meatballs) are also great, as is kebab (not the souvlaki type stuff). Basically anything meat is pretty good. Turkish olives are also good.

I remember eating at a restaurant, which I think was around here somewhere, it somehow turned out to be a feast to break fast on the second-last day of Ramadan which was sort of awkward, but it was a rooftop restaurant and the views and food were both excellent. There was also a great little cafe that sold kofte, I think around here, where we were the only people of fair skin in the place. It was pretty nondescript but the food was excellent.

Try Turkish coffee (Turk Kahvesi) once, though I wasn't a huge fan. 'She-ker-li' is sugar, and you'll probably need it. Besides, most young Turks seem to enjoy western coffee more now.

Been a few years since I visited Istanbul, and I'm sure someone else in AusGAF has been too, but I recall there being a fair bit around Sultanahmet to do. There's lots of day trips (to Gallipoli, or Cappadocia, or quad biking etc) if that's something you're interested in (we didn't do any of those). I'm sure you already know to check out Topkapi Palace (do pay the extra to see the harem), the Blue Mosque, Aya Sofya (there's also a little Aya Sofya which is hidden away somewhere further south, I quite enjoyed seeing it and chatting to the holy men there), the yerebatan sarnici (Roman cistern), and the grand bazaar.

The call to prayer from the Blue Mosque is pretty loud (we were a couple of hundred metres away) but after a day or two it's not hard to sleep through.

Thanks Cods, already have the 3 days mapped out to see whatever Istanbul has to offer. Any tips on the Bosphorus cruise though, there seem to be a lot of options and can't decide which one will be the best to experience.

Finally going to try the Destiny raid tonight.

Good luck with the rai...glitches. Let me know if your team is short one player and I'll help.

Nope, still not fixed. You can cheese the templar too for that 5th chest.

Reached level 30 in Destiny. Not gonna play again until December now.

Damn you. 4 hard raids down since tuesday but rng does not want my hunter to get to 30. Stuck on 29 for one month, the boots refuse to drop for me. I even created an alt hunter to get double raid loot each week so the boots might drop, but still no luck.

If bungie doesn't address this loot system very soon, so many players are going to drop out.

The thought of Harold Bishop getting clubbed to death with a cricket bat gives me comfort in these dark times.

EDIT Damn I so could have slipped in a bashing the bishop quip!

You could hit Zombie Bishop over the face with a cricket bat and all that would happen is his jowls would wobble so hard they'd fall off.

"Brbrbbrblrlbrbrlbbrrbbbll Maaaaadge"

Thanks Cods, already have the 3 days mapped out to see whatever Istanbul has to offer. Any tips on the Bosphorus cruise though, there seem to be a lot of options and can't decide which one will be the best to experience.
I don't remember doing any cruise actually ... maybe I did and it wasn't memorable? We did go across to see the Maiden Tower, I remember that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom