• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
FFS AusGAF why are you so quiet today

I....I kinda want to buy an Xbox One to play Sunset Overdrive on CAN YOU JUMP OFF BUILDINGS IN IT I WANT TO KNOW

Taking recommendations for games to play on the plane trip to Melbourne for 3DS and Vita although I guess I can just play more Street Fighter 4 on 3DS and Street Fighter Alpha 2 on Vita IF I MUST GOD

Is anyone else here planning on buying a PlayStation TV or is it just me? I want to totally piss money away.

Actually that reminds me of a legit question I have about XBone, Wii U and PS4 - do they REQUIRE a HDMI port on your TV? I know that sounds like a weird question, but the TV I have in the lounge room has one HDMI port that is broken so I'm using
filthy common
component out from my PS3 / 360 / Wii. It'll do for now, and we're not planning on buying a new TV for the lounge room until a few months into the new year, but it's something I need to think about in case Santa happens to give me a new console...
t
This will take care of that. I had one in the US and it can dynamically switch- Ie if you are watching something attached to HDMI 2 and turn on the device attached to HDMI1, it will auto switch. It also has a credit card remote.

also Gaznuts, have you considered trying skydiving or bungie-jumping?

3DS- Zelda: A link between Worlds, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy or Layton V Ace Attorney.
Vita- stare at a blank screen for three hours.

If you are an AusGAF Twitter user and you ARE NOT on this list, then let us know.

https://twitter.com/AusGAF/lists/members/members

you have been warned: controller1

They sold Fosters in many supermarkets in the US (about three aisles of wine and beer at any supermarket). I laughed because I don't drink it but had to go a-huntin' around specialty delis for Vegemite. One tastes like sweaty ass and the other like sweaty balls but them's the breaks.

Card Boy

Banned
The vita version of Dead Nation is showing up as free for me through my PS3. Anyone else confirm?

Unless it's cross buy cause I got the PS3 version for free from PSN Apocalyse.

Settin up my Spro2.

Aw yiss son.

Spyro 2 is a great game! Best in the series.

Managed to snag $150 return flights to Bali including baggage from Jetstars sever meltdown sale extravaganza. Any recommendations for someone who wants some relaxing beach action and culture instead of partying like an 18 year old dickhead?

Manax

Managed to snag $150 return flights to Bali including baggage from Jetstars sever meltdown sale extravaganza. Any recommendations for someone who wants some relaxing beach action and culture instead of partying like an 18 year old dickhead?

Surface Pro 2 I assume

But spyro is fine too i guess

Nice, I tried and gave up pretty quickly. Take you long?

The vita version of Dead Nation is showing up as free for me through my PS3. Anyone else confirm?

Unless it's cross buy cause I got the PS3 version for free from PSN Apocalyse.

It was crossbuy with one of the versions, can't recall if it was PS4 or PS3 version. Both have hit PS+ at times though.

Spyro 2 or the flights?

Damn, I'm on fire tonight! Spent a couple of hours last night trying to get the flights with no success... but it only took me about 15 minutes at work this morning to get through.

Don't quit your day job. Ah that's good, I spent 5 minutes and gave up so I don't feel bad about missing out.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
So I got money back from the tax man for some reason, along with commission from work. All Up It's like $1400. Wondering if I should spend it on a pc upgrade. The mid range 6 core CPU, ddr4 and motherboard. My 780 oc will be fine for now. Also get a case and some basic all in one watercooling before summer hits.

Or blow some of it at the crown and walk out a millionaire.

Dunno.

MoonGred

What is the average steam download speed for you guys? With my basic NBN speed I'm still not seeing anything higher than 2mbps on steam

So I got money back from the tax man for some reason, along with commission from work. All Up It's like $1400. Wondering if I should spend it on a pc upgrade. The mid range 6 core CPU, ddr4 and motherboard. My 780 oc will be fine for now. Also get a case and some basic all in one watercooling before summer hits.

Or blow some of it at the crown and walk out a millionaire.

Dunno.

What's your current CPU?

I'd wait for Skylake late 2015 / early 2016 if you had a decent CPU already.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
What's your current CPU?

I'd wait for Skylake late 2015 / early 2016 if you had a decent CPU already.

2500k. I could wait but you know, new box and all is always nice.

I could just go new case and some better cooling for my current rig. Been thinking that for a while now.

Sounds like the drinks on Friday night are on Cookie!

Also why do I have to pay for a Myki? You're getting my money turned into Allards already, this is just another tax for the common man!

Playstation Gold 2.0 headset is $80 at Dick Smith! Great headset, works wirelessly with PS4/PC/(maybe PS3?). Has a cable to connect to anything else with a headphone jack.

HELP PLEASE

wwwwtdu9c.png

I'm assuming the base of N/A should be the peak price? Doesn't state that anywhere though. STUPID DESIGN.

Gazunta

*looks at Rep's post and realises he will be in Melbourne in a few days having to deal with the same thing*

oh wait they have Uber in Melbourne don't they? NEVER MIND

Did you get a dispatch email? I saw the tweets saying it was fixed up.

I got an E-mail saying it had been picked/dispatched, it just didn't come with tracking. Hopefully it arrives today

-_-

Also I get to find out if it will run on my Spro :p

Probably not, since Civ V runs at ~30fps on low, but you never know.

So Friday night!

Drinks at Beer Deluxe? 5pm onward sounds good!

Nearby food joint with cheap great food? Dumplings would be great too!

No cover charge! Everyone is invited!

The annual PAXAUGAF meetup! Yay!

Clipper

So those of us getting there on Thursday, are we doing anything? I guess Beer Deluxe is already taken for Friday, so we can't repeat last year's Thursday gathering...

Kritz

Banned
So Friday night!

cool. Hopefully pax has wifi (hahaha :<) or at least 3G coverage (least all the condensed nerds break that too) so I can be in touch with the thread while I'm wandering about.

Which reminds me, I should go and buy a battery case for my phone. wonder if anyone still sells iphone 4 accessories.

Any ps4 peeps getting the new cod?

Nah, maybe if Amazon has a black friday digital sale like last year. No CoD, no AC.

Nope, only handicar.
himRqD9l.jpg

Heh, that last episode was awesome.

I have the uber app and some free credit but never used the service. Seems the cars are concentrated around the CBD and inner suburbs, very hard to find anything outside a 10km radius of the city.

So Friday night!

Hmm, if I'm able to switch to the afternoon shift I can be there by 7pm, if not then I can be there at 5pm or earlier, but will have to leave by 6pm :(

Why are you getting a zone 2 myki card?

'cause he lives in the whoop-whoop.

Shaneus

So Friday night!

I need to get your ticket to you or something, don't I? What's the best way of doing that?

I haven't looked at the schedule thoroughly, so no idea when I'll get there on Fri.

Lol, I do have a tracking # for Sunset Overdrive which releases tomorrow. At least they ship some things out on time I guess.

I guess it depends on the distributor. SoM was with me on release day. I'll see how they go with CoD and AC:U

Playstation Gold 2.0 headset is $80 at Dick Smith! Great headset, works wirelessly with PS4/PC/(maybe PS3?). Has a cable to connect to anything else with a headphone jack.

outta stock

In other news, the phone I ordered from Telstra on Sept 19 has actually shipped today.

how long do you reckon til self serve fully replaces checkouts? so they can hugely cut costs and fire thousands of ppl (on melb cup day we get paid 35$ which is totally unsustainable?

Darren870

how long do you reckon til self serve fully replaces checkouts? so they can hugely cut costs and fire thousands of ppl (on melb cup day we get paid 35$ which is totally unsustainable?

I was thinking about this the other day. How 6-7 machines were manned by one person. Would be ~6 people back in the day.
That's the nature of the game though. Technology replaces people easier so you need to be always evolving your skill sets.

Probably a while off until it's 100%, but they wished it was tomorrow. Went shopping last night for a few things and they only had 2 registers out of atleast 12 and the self serve ones. If a company can't afford the extra cost of public holiday pay then they should just shut up for the day.

I was thinking about this the other day. How 6-7 machines were manned by one person. Would be ~6 people back in the day.
That's the nature of the game though. Technology replaces people easier so you need to be always evolving your skill sets.

my friends think m crazy but its so true, huge worker costs, globalization as well as computers/automation our gonna screw us over in the long run, with all these ppl being fired from ford and shit competing over less and less jobs, or going onto centelink supported by less and less taxpayers, were so fucked in the future.

Probably a while off until it's 100%, but they wished it was tomorrow. Went shopping last night for a few things and they only had 2 registers out of atleast 12 and the self serve ones. If a company can't afford the extra cost of public holiday pay then they should just shut up for the day.

mate the world needs braindead jobs like that and manufacturing to keep heaps of ppl employed and prevent economic collapse.

my friends think m crazy but its so true, huge worker costs, globalization as well as computers/automation our gonna screw us over in the long run, with all these ppl being fired from ford and shit competing over less and less jobs, or going onto centelink supported by less and less taxpayers, were so fucked in the future.

Nah we're not fucked, but the future economy will not resemble the past economy. Labour will eventually be majority-automated, and large unemployment figures will be "normal" in a healthy economy. If you imagine a thriving first world where 25% unemployment is the norm, existing social structures can't sustain it without fairly radical reform. The productivity isn't gone, and the money isn't gone, but there would need to be mechanisms to ensure that huge amounts of the population aren't just living in poverty and starving. And it will be in the wealthy classes' best interest to make sure people get their bread and circuses so as to avoid being lynched by starving mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom