• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
This a good deal?

http://www.equipgopro.com.au/cards-against-humanity.html
https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/165017

AllSet3_zps7f4e75c2.jpg

Cards Against Humanity Main Set + 4 Expansions,Free Shipping

$49.99

There is a single comment from one Ozbargainer saying they are real and legit. It's the US version.

I didn't say you couldn't have fun with it. My friends and I could have fun with a few beers and a car tyre but that doesn't make it good. It's great a social tool but it's terrible as a game. There are plenty of others that do both well (without relying on Hitler and dick jokes even). See: The Resistance, Dixit.

I am with Omi, who is with dishwasher.

I had a great time with it the first time I played it. Not so much the second or third time. Plenty of better party games out there.

Sorry that came off kind of harsh but I learnt the hard way when I got into (board?)games and end up with Zombies!!! and Munchkin and CaH and I want to help people not make the same mistakes I did. I literally gave my copy of Arkham Horror away to just get it off my shelf once I realised it's flaws and bought something better.

EDIT: For the record my reasons for disliking CaH as a game is the fact that scoring is arbitrary and pretty much based of cliques and injokes and people that don't draw the 'funny' cards have a shit time.

Standing on the side of the line that says CaH is a shit game.

I've had great fun with it, mates, and beers, but it's really just a way to kick things off more than a game.

CAH actually seems like it would be a ton of fun after a big drinking sess. Pity I rarely get to catch up with a bunch of people and drink though so it would be a waste for me to own.

markot

Banned
I kinda agree. Aliens are like barbarians on crack. And I aint talkin bout the elephant!

The new elements seem kinda feh. The tech tree is kinda bleh.

Darklord

Banned
I decided to buy a new gaming PC, pretty expensive but I've wanted one for ages. Glad I waited for the 970's. Had this one 5 years but it can't hold up anymore. It had a good run and also my hard drive is nearly dead.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
i've never woekn up because of thunder.

i've never sat in my room slightly scared at the thuner and lightning going on out side

holy shit what the fuck melborne. what was that at 2am.

jfdofadofsdoaf

i've never woekn up because of thunder.

i've never sat in my room slightly scared at the thuner and lightning going on out side

holy shit what the fuck melborne. what was that at 2am.

jfdofadofsdoaf

Yeah I was playing Destiny and first I thought I was hearing thunder in the game. That was like 30 minutes of continuous lightning and thunder. Hardly any rain though.

We had the same thing come through at about 8:30 in Adelaide. I'm assuming it's the same storm. Managed to get a couple of photos of it:

15010692223_dcffe34782_b.jpg

15444750768_f02b44feed_b.jpg

Holy shit Surface Pro 2s for 738 with included type cover (128gb)

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/166873

I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it I don't need it

Gazunta

YOU FUCKING NEED IT

SHIT THAT IS A FUCKING AMAZING BARGAIN

The wife WAS seriously telling me last night she needs one too

FUCCCCCCCKKKKKKK

360 re-release of San Andreas is up early on the US store for what is must be a price error $3.74. Not in the AU store.

Also apparently the Steam version shall be updated with some sort of controller support. If that's true, I'm definitely up for a playthrough. Never got far in the game on PS2 and controller support is incredibly frustrating on PC.

Great pictures. I assume you have a good camera for this sort of thing?
Can be done on any camera with bulb (or a long exposure), luck, and patience.

Did you take those photos? They are amazing!

Great pictures. I assume you have a good camera for this sort of thing?

Thanks guys. As Codswallop points out below, it's fairly easy to do with basically any SLR on bulb mode. As far as skill vs. result, lightning photos have the best ratio as the results always look awesome for how little skill they take to photograph.

Can be done on any camera with bulb (or a long exposure), luck, and patience.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
What a flight to sydney!

Vince Collosimo, crevate man from master chef, and who ever won xfactor lastnight were all on my flight!

Hot gossip: crevatte didn't use his blanket, and after the flight Vince and crevatte were having a chat outside the airport!

MoonGred

What a flight to sydney!

Vince Collosimo, crevate man from master chef, and who ever won xfactor lastnight were all on my flight!

Hot gossip: crevatte didn't use his blanket, and after the flight Vince and crevatte were having a chat outside the airport!

Have you considered working for the tabloids, you bring the hot scoops! I wonder what was wrong with the blanket.

Also apparently the Steam version shall be updated with some sort of controller support. If that's true, I'm definitely up for a playthrough. Never got far in the game on PS2 and controller support is incredibly frustrating on PC.
Getting updated to the same Android version of the game that the 360 got, missing some things due to legal issues I expect.

Oh well.

MS now owns my soul

XB1
Lumia 920
Surface Pro 2

Jeez look at Mr Moneybags over here! You can shout us all dinner at PAX!

Anybody catch the gamergate discussion on JJJs hack tonight? I always find it strange listening to video game news on mainstream media.

Anybody else not care about gamergate?

MoonGred

Anybody catch the gamergate discussion on JJJs hack tonight? I always find it strange listening to video game news on mainstream media.

Anybody else not care about gamergate?

Call me ignorant but I don't even know what it's about . I'm not on Twitter and avoid threads about it. Don't get me wrong death threats arr not cool, but I don't care about all the drama.

Omikron

I have stipulated I will be attending Friday evening drinks at a location to be announced.

5-6pm kick off perhaps?

Location must have access to quality beer flavoured beverages (which ibet means we end up at beer deluxe or penny blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom