• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

lol u missed Rainbow Islands.

The high score by the time I got on there was ~131k. I assume that's not that great? I do remember it was using some kind of a USB drive, which is kind of kickarse. Few gigs of ROMs to run on an original system is pretty awesome.

jambo

WOgouXO.jpg

Rizzi

Friggin' telstra. Connection started running like shit yesterday so I gave them a call and was told there was a fault in my area and everything would be fixed soon.
So I waited until 7:30 pm and checked the service status website. The fault in my area had been fixed an hour ago. Yay. But I was still running like shit, so I called them again. Was told it was already fixed. Clearly not I said, and I was asked to reboot the router. Have you made sure it's plugged in?
Well it looks like we'll have to book a technician to come out. Like no shit. Oh, but we can't possibly get someone out tomorrow. Tuesday afternoon is the earliest I can possibly get someone out there. Now I can't even get a connection. $110 a month for this shit.

MTE

Back to Hobart.

You were so good to Melbourne.
Enjoyed meeting some AusGAFfer, even if for most it was a matter of seconds. I hope to arrange things better next time, and actually talk to some of you, other than Holy :p

Thanks Gaz for the chat at Ninja Pizza booth, and the badges :)

I have already been up for 4 hours. Today will suck. Thankfully, I am currently funemployed.

...and I think I want a New 3DS XL... >_<

jambo

Well it's not like you need to work any more

kSptxbQ.jpg

P.S. remember to post those transparent pngs of your comic strip characters.

MoonGred

Can someone invite me to the AusGaf steam group?
Steam ID: moonGred

Also where the fuck is my copy of COD? The first day that I have off this year that not a public holiday and Dick decides to fuck up, bah!

Axiom

I didn't end up running into anyone from AusGAF this year, but even still PAX was bloody amazing.

If you saw a bloke with an inFamous backpack and an X-Files FBI badge, that was me

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I didn't end up running into anyone from AusGAF this year, but even still PAX was bloody amazing.

If you saw a bloke with an inFamous backpack and an X-Files FBI badge, that was me

I am still to this day.

The only AusGAFFER that has met AXIOM.

Fredescu

The pictures are randomly chosen from a pool, so the humour is often in what picture gets chosen to represent the speaker or phrase.

As good a system as any.

Big money betting here too. I'm going to put $5 on a trifecta that might actually happen, and then $2 bets on the saddest 5. I'm having trouble picking my 5th horse, though.

I have:

Brambles
Unchain My Heart
Seismos
Mr O'ceirin

Any suggestions for a 5th no chance horse? :D

Darren870

Big money betting here too. I'm going to put $5 on a trifecta that might actually happen, and then $2 bets on the saddest 5. I'm having trouble picking my 5th horse, though.

I have:

Brambles
Unchain My Heart
Seismos
Mr O'ceirin

Any suggestions for a 5th no chance horse? :D

Precedence!

I should follow your lead and do the same. This way I can make all the money I lost back...

Precedence!

I should follow your lead and do the same. This way I can make all the money I lost back...

Will do. Thanks!

I figure it's more fun this way. If by chance there is some sort of miracle and one of those 5 win, then wahey! If reality remains stable then maybe my trifecta will win and yay again. Otherwise, $15 is no great loss for a bit of fun.

Trifecta pick:

1) Admire Rakti
2) Lucia Valentina
3) Fawkner

Pity Bets:

Brambles
Unchain My Heart
Seismos
Mr O'Ceirin
Precendence

Darren870

Will do. Thanks!

I figure it's more fun this way. If by chance there is some sort of miracle and one of those 5 win, then wahey! If reality remains stable then maybe my trifecta will win and yay again. Otherwise, $15 is no great loss for a bit of fun.

Trifecta pick:

1) Admire Ratki
2) Lucia Valentina
3) Fawkner

Pity Bets:

Brambles
Unchain My Heart
Seismos
Mr O'Ceirin
Precendence

I'm going for the same! Does that jinx it? Though I will put money on the losers to place or win.

How was PAX? The venue looked much better than last year from the pics.

I dug it. Was nice to have pretty much everything in the one building, and plenty of places to chill out nearby for drinks/food. Weather was a bit inconsistent, and some of the stuff was a little out of the way, but was fun.

Done!! You better be lucky!!!

$5 on each way for the bottom 5. Then $10 on the trifecta.

Awwww, I didn't mean to encourage you if you're in a tough time right now. I'm just betting for fun (hence the hilariously low amounts), but it'd be fun if we won for sure. :)

Just got back from the sports bar after putting mine in. Man, oh, man, that was an... interesting experience...

30 minutes to go until my dark horses win it all! :D

senahorse

Arggg, only with Telstra can you haggle them to reduce their $133/month (500GB cable plan with speedboost) down to $113 and have them make try to make you feel like you're getting a good deal.

kyser73

So I've moved to a city that doesn't have an IMAX screen.

Mental note - next time you emigrate, research where you're going and what leisure facilities it has.

Clipper

How was PAX? The venue looked much better than last year from the pics.

I found it to be pretty amazing. The exhibition hall was well laid out, there was plenty of room for everything with little cramping, there was lots of stuff actually worth seeing and it was clear that most companies were really trying, the panels were generally easy to get into and were well run, it was possible to get food (albeit a tad overpriced) whenever you wanted it without having to wait in line for half an hour.

The only thing I found could have been done better is some signage to indicate which way the various satellite theatres were for the panels. It was a little confusing trying to find the Dropbear one. The maps did help, but some signpost-like signage on the main concourses would have been awesome.

I strongly suggest that anyone who passed on PAX '14 due to the conditions at PAX '13 give PAX '15 a look see. It has improved in many ways, and will likely only get better from here out.

Rizzi

I got a code for a Level 20 Legendary Blacksmith Armour Shader for Destiny on the PS4 apparently.
Any of you nerds want it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom