• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Shaneus, Infamous First Light is a PS+ title for January! Your patience/laziness has paid off lol.

Real talk: FL is better than SS. I loved both but FL had perfect pacing, great variety in story and gameplay. Did some interesting new things too for the series which makes me hyped as fuck for the next Suckerpunch title.

Darren870

My heart was beating pretty fast when Brambles starting making his move, though (so close but so far...). :D I'm glad you at least something in the end. Told ya he had a cool name!

I am a bit mixed on it all now, though. Those I know who did go seemed to really enjoy it, but given Admire Rakti's fate, my love for Dick Francis novels and his stance on horse racing has been a bit tempered by a reminder of the uglier side of the sport. I know it's all heavily regulated here, but will have to look into things a bit more. There's always AFL/Soccer/Cricket/Rugby/etc. in the meantime. Plenty more chances to meet these fabled drunk bogans. :)

Why the love for the Aussie sports? I'm guessing your partner is Australian?

To be fair, I've been to the Royal Ascot and Kentucky Derby and I don't see it any different as those. Its just a nice day out with friends and family, let loose and do something you wouldn't normally do. The horses looked great, are treated very well, and probably live a better life then you or I.

I understand people want to put a stop to it, but I think there are better fights to pick and battles to choose. Things like shark culling ranks much higher on my list. Even if you are really into horses, there are a lot of other horses that are abused and neglected around the world outside of horse racing.

As for drunk bogans. Sure they exist. But its no different from any other festival/concert/large gathering. Its the same everywhere you go, nothing really unique to Australia. Though maybe the bogans have more money here then the rest of the world, since tradies and miners are well paid.

Shaneus

Please help yourself to the brochures right? Classic internet shit storm without context.
I never misinterpreted it as *not* talking about the brochures. I just took it as "we can't be arsed manning the stand to help you" vs. the sheer number of indie game developers there.

Glad the Greens would've had the chance to see just how much indie stuff is getting created with both those MPs in attendance.

Hey Shaneus, Infamous First Light is a PS+ title for January! Your patience/laziness has paid off lol.

Real talk: FL is better than SS. I loved both but FL had perfect pacing, great variety in story and gameplay. Did some interesting new things too for the series which makes me hyped as fuck for the next Suckerpunch title.
Woo! And yeah, that makes sense. I'll gladly go for a tighter, more controlled open-world experience than another that's more "open" and less focused.

Gazunta

Wow, was that an actual stand? I don't even remember seeing it.

If that's your work, I'll credit you when I tweet it. That shit's harsh :/

Yeah word was that the government had already paid for the booth before the budget kicked in, so they had to have something there.

And nope the photo was courtesy of Disparity Games' Nicole Stark. :)

BUT SPEAKING OF STUFF I DID MAKE, here's a comic about super obscure Arcade / Sega Master System game Captain Silver because ClivePwned wanted one:

Stackboy

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is out now on PC. I bought it, will play the PS+ version too. Already started watching lets play videos this morning.

Pretty cool that Injustice: Gods Among us is coming to PS+ in Dec/Jan too.

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is out now on PC. I bought it, will play the PS+ version too. Already started watching lets play videos this morning.

Pretty cool that Injustice: Gods Among us is coming to PS+ in Dec/Jan too.

Yeah I'm keen to give Injustice a burl. Always interested in fighting games but never enough to buy them, since I would really only play the story mode once through for each person.

Rebirth should be enjoyable. Too many damn games coming out >_<

Woo! And yeah, that makes sense. I'll gladly go for a tighter, more controlled open-world experience than another that's more "open" and less focused.
First Light would play very strangely if you hadn't played Second Son I would think. Personally I much preferred Second Son; for a start the story is much better, but there's also a much better sense of scale. First Light can seem kind of claustrophobic at times, even when you have access to half the map. Can't argue with free though.

A horse with a broken leg is pretty much fucked for the rest of its life, is in a lot of pain, etc. Even horses that could be worth a ton of money being put out to stud get killed if their legs break.

Sucks, but that's the life and death of any horse.

The mission design was pretty underwhelming. Hard to believe SS is worse.

Shaneus

A horse with a broken leg is pretty much fucked for the rest of its life, is in a lot of pain, etc. Even horses that could be worth a ton of money being put out to stud get killed if their legs break.

Sucks, but that's the life and death of any horse.
Really? Their legs don't heal even to the point that they could be used for recreation/as pets?

Really? Their legs don't heal even to the point that they could be used for recreation/as pets?
Apparently they end up never favouring their other legs properly (unlike dogs) and so either break it again (or never let it heal properly), or if they do favour their other legs because they're so heavy and the strain so high they end up with other problems.

Couldn't find the thing I read a while back, but I did find this which seems to have some more info.

For any old school AusGAFers like myself who like to collect their movies on actual discs, where do you guys go for cheap Blu-rays (whether online or bricks and mortar)?

For any old school AusGAFers like myself who like to collect their movies on actual discs, where do you guys go for cheap Blu-rays (whether online or bricks and mortar)?

JB, especially when they do 2 for $20, 2 for $15 and occasionalt 20% of Bluray and DVD sales (which stack)
Amazon UK (any UK Blurays are Region B, like us, unless they're listed as a US import)
Big W often has good prices for new releases at launch.
Amazon.com (though some discs are region A and incompatible with local players)

jambo

JBHiFi when they do 2+1 sales or B1G1F 3D sales.

Other than that it's Amazon UK and sometimes Amazon US if they have region free discs like the Marvel Phase One box set.

Where I can find them on sale - Amazon, JB, Target, ebay etc.

Bought a dozen or so blu-ray's ranging from $5 to $8 each last december from Target, so look out for holiday season deals.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

yeh I do JBHIFI if its more spur of the moment, or amazon uk if i'm not looking to watch it right away.

todays pick up was ahhh real monsters and angry beavers box sets :(
1488656_786833511373299_1105004452212195082_n.jpg

Deeku

yeh I do JBHIFI if its more spur of the moment, or amazon uk if i'm not looking to watch it right away.

todays pick up was ahhh real monsters and angry beavers box sets :(
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1488656_786833511373299_1105004452212195082_n.jpg?oh=73975a8977fd42607595a9c9d2fd68db&oe=54D965E2[IMG][/QUOTE]
whoa organised nostalgia:o hard to resist!

Hey guys, for those experienced with the Dick
Smith Online Store
, what does "Awaiting Fulfillment" mean exactly? I ordered one of those PS4 Gold headsets and the order doesn't appear to be doing much. Am I boned?

Hey guys, for those experienced with the Dick
Smith Online Store
, what does "Awaiting Fulfillment" mean exactly? I ordered one of those PS4 Gold headsets and the order doesn't appear to be doing much. Am I boned?

It means it hasn't been picked out of a warehouse and dispatched yet.

It could mean they don't have stock.

It could mean they've forgotten about it.

Hey rep, best (cheapest) place to get new CoD for PS3? Need to buy one for a friend's birthday.

I'm holding out till Amazon's black friday sale myself.
Target probably, I'll double check once I get home from dinner.

20% off anything in the toys category on eBay this Sunday!!!!!!?!

Excludes consoles.

Hey rep, best (cheapest) place to get new CoD for PS3? Need to buy one for a friend's birthday.

I'm holding out till Amazon's black friday sale myself.

Sign up for jbs music now program (which is free) and get a 20% off game/dvd voucher and then price match big w ($64). Works out to $51.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom