• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazunta

If you have a Dropbox folder of any considerable size getting a 256GB Surface isn't that bad an idea. Really frustrating that Dropbox and Google Drive refuse to exist on the SD card and so I'm constantly managing space on my 128GB model.

Do it VKS DO IT

Quasar

If you have a Dropbox folder of any considerable size getting a 256GB Surface isn't that bad an idea. Really frustrating that Dropbox and Google Drive refuse to exist on the SD card and so I'm constantly managing space on my 128GB model.

Do it VKS DO IT

Shouldn't you be using a 1TB/Unlimited onedrive?

Interstellar was good. Wish Nolan would have just filmed it in 16:9. It had more full screen IMAX stuff compared to his last couple movies but still. The transition won't stop being jarring.

B1-7lvNCIAA6yWb.jpg:large

Aha, I see what you done there Sony

... both consoles look pretty dirty in that photo.

The flash shows it up quite bad but they are clean aside from using a wet rag to soak them of all dust particles.

San Andreas is still great! Would love to see a Complete style mod package though to clean it all up on PC. Textures et al are 10 years old after all :)

Deeku

Oh I get that pic now, that's a slim! And I totally remember getting one with the San Andreas launch....like, during end of high school exams no less lol!

Also, have there been any Wii U deals in Aus lately? Or has it started becoming semi legit popular now so no more crazy cheap deals like before?

Just had like half a tooth fall off in my mouth, it's fucking massive! From a root canal I got done years ago, outside looks fine but inside is black (of course knowing my luck) >_<

Also, have there been any Wii U deals in Aus lately? Or has it started becoming semi legit popular now so no more crazy cheap deals like before?

Not sure if it's due to popularity or due to the firesale by Kmart at $175 but no great deals going.

So when do get Amiibos? I don't plan on picking up Smash Bros, but i found myself making mental notes of which figures I want to get (basically all the Mario/Luigi, Zelda and DK ones, maybe a Samus. If they do some Ace Attorney and or Layton as well, we'd better call the whole thing off.

also, why this is weird: I haven't bought any toys in years, not even skylanders/infinity stuff.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
So when do get Amiibos? I don't plan on picking up Smash Bros, but i found myself making mental notes of which figures I want to get (basically all the Mario/Luigi, Zelda and DK ones, maybe a Samus. If they do some Ace Attorney and or Layton as well, we'd better call the whole thing off.

also, why this is weird: I haven't bought any toys in years, not even skylanders/infinity stuff.

nov 28th

pokemon / n3ds on 21st

smash and amiibo on 28th

so expensive month much

Do it VKS DO IT

I stood there in same spot at the store for half an hour with my hand on my chin, looking intently at the Surface Pros. They were so pretty... but then I thought about how crap Internet access is on site and it was pretty much a non-starter. I ended up going for a traditional laptop, no touchscreen.

HP Pavilion
i7 4500U at 1.8GHz
8GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GT 740M
750GB HDD

Hopefully that's a little more future proof than the EEPC from 2009 I was using before.The unfortunate thing is that there isn't an SSD, but maybe that'll have to wait for a few years for prices to come down.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Saw Gone Girl over the weekend. Good movie, creepy as fuck. Especially Ben Affleck's
penis
Did you watch the Saturday 6:30 PM screening in G-town? because I was at that screening!

But yeah thought it was a great movie - the type of thriller that really clicks with me. Just wish Fincher could just make movies like that over and over.

Stackboy

Anyone buying AC Unity on PS4? Pretty much locked into leaving it until next year but if there's a ton of people playing co-op I might change my mind.

Pretty done with AC. Feels like the same shovel gruel every year now. Plus I already got tricked into buy the latest AC: Shadow of Mordor.

Shaneus

Did you watch the Saturday 6:30 PM screening in G-town? because I was at that screening!

But yeah thought it was a great movie - the type of thriller that really clicks with me. Just wish Fincher could just make movies like that over and over.
3:15. Saw it to escape the heat, came out and froze our arses off on the way back to the car. Must've dropped 10-15 degrees while we were in there :/ We may have just crossed paths though, we walked out just shy of 6pm on Saturday.

Darren870

Anyone know and good tradies or home inspectors in Melbourne? Thinking of buying a fixer uper with my missus but we need someone to check it out with us and tell us if the ideas we have are a go or no go. As well as if its structurally safe.

lexi

Banned
This is worth a watch, wow fan or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyPzTywUBsQ

I am a wow fan and that was a pretty awesome little documentary. I'm still playing this game 10 years on, it's something special.

Pretty done with AC. Feels like the same shovel gruel every year now. Plus I already got tricked into buy the latest AC: Shadow of Mordor.

That game is awesome. I like it more than Batman and AC combined.

Also: I'M BACK BABY

I am a wow fan and that was a pretty awesome little documentary. I'm still playing this game 10 years on, it's something special.

That game is awesome. I like it more than Batman and AC combined.

Also: I'M BACK BABY

I've thought about playing just never have. Might give the free trial a go. With that said I couldnt justify the price of subscription though.

SoM didn't click for me but I'm kinda excited by Unity on Ps4, parity or not. I'm also interested in how rogue turns out. I have several friends working on Unity. One in Quebec City, one in Toronto and one in Singapore.

This from people too lazy to walk up Acland Lane.

I finished CoD AW campaign over the weekend. I'd call it my favourite campaign since the first Black Ops. Spacey did a great job chewing the scenery. The MP's NetCode Is totally busted- even more so than Ghosts - empty a clip into someone and they kill you in one shot. still P2P despite this being the year 2014.

I

jambo

Anyone have tips for OBS streaming to Twitch?

Trying to get it smooth. Might have to give up on 1080/60, maybe 1080/30 or 720/60.

SoM didn't click for me but I'm kinda excited by Unity on Ps4, parity or not. I'm also interested in how rogue turns out. I have several friends working on Unity. One in Quebec City, one in Toronto and one in Singapore.

I

Rogue = Black flag with Templar and Assassin roles reversed. Imo the laziest cash grab ever.

kyser73

Which chain offers the best trade-in prices?

Wanna trade my copy of AW for AC:U.

In other news, I have a mystery parcel to pick up from the post office (whose opening hours for parcel collection are a fucking joke I might add).

It'll either be some mounting brackets for my bike's D-lock which have come from Germany.

Or,

Ozgameshop have shipped me GTAV early.

Yeah, I know. Wishful thinking.

jambo

Cheapest Xbox One deal for a guy who just wants to play Halo and then let it collect dust?

EBGames have XBone (NO Kinect) + AC Unity + AC Black Flag + Forza Horizon 2 for $499

AC games are download codes, but you could sell them somewhere and then trade in FH2 and put it all towards MCC.

Rogue = Black flag with Templar and Assassin roles reversed. Imo the laziest cash grab ever.
What exactly makes it a lazy cash grab? They've put a twist on the series' conventions, allowing you to play the game differently, with a different story.

Sure, they're reusing a lot of the engine from the previous game, but every 'lazy dev' (God I hate that term) does it because it makes financial sense.

jambo

I think Big W or Target have a MCC bundle. I'll find it after work.

Oh wow, Target currently have

XBone (NO Kinect) + AC Unity + AC Black Flag + FH2 + Rayman Legends + Trials Fusion for $529

Ending on Wednesday

Starting Thursday they will have

XBone + Kinect + MCC + AC Unity + AC Black Flag + Dance Central Spotlight + Rayman Legends + Trials Fusion for $599

Madness

Rayman Legends & Trials Fusion are glorified stocking stuffers at this point lol

Hope to see plenty of cheap copies flooding EB so I can get Legends cheap again since my WiiU decided to stop reading the fucking disc.

The JB deal Kritz got is way better in terms of quality/priced games but doesn't include MCC.
Gimme a bundle of Sunset Overdrive & Forza Horzon 2 with a Kinect X1 for $499 and I'll bite. No interest in the sub-parity 3rd party games, especially with my already built up friends list on the PS4.

Leffe Radieuse $80
Leffe Blonde $60
Leffe Brune $60
Add $7 for postage

I haven't played an AC game since Brotherhood, but Unity looks interesting. Having said that I'm still trying to get through Watch Dogs so I don't think I'm quite ready for another Ubisoft map at this point (Far Cry 4 excepted).

Also re Watch Dogs, I'm on Act II and
just accessed the bunker on the island
, I've got a shitload more to do don't I?

Also, does it get better? Trench coat guy is such a bland protagonist.

On the topic of cheap games, where's the best place to get Halo MCC?
Digitally from the US or another region I expect.

Otherwise I haven't seen many retail deals, it's been absent from DSE deals.

Also re Watch Dogs, I'm on Act II and
just accessed the bunker on the island
, I've got a shitload more to do don't I?

Also, does it get better? Trench coat guy is such a bland protagonist.

Shitload more to go. You are about a third of the way through I think.

Aiden is always bland, that's the point of his character. They wanted you to project yourself into his shoes, for better or worse. Didn't work out but eh. Got the job done. Sets up the IP well.

Game gets a lot more fun when you unlock all the driving hacks.

Shitload more to go. You are about a third of the way through I think.

Aiden is always bland, that's the point of his character. They wanted you to project yourself into his shoes, for better or worse. Didn't work out but eh. Got the job done. Sets up the IP well.

Game gets a lot more fun when you unlock all the driving hacks.

OK sweet, I think I need to mainline the story now. I think my problem is that I got distracted doing side missions for hours and then when it came time to do the campaign I couldn't remember / didn't really care about the characters.

If the core gameplay was more fun I wouldn't really mind repetitive side missions, but after playing Mordor, Watch Dogs just feels really cumbersome. Very different games I know, but yeh.

trinest

In regards to Watch Dogs it doesn't get better per say, it has some interesting missions scattered through the crap. Adien never gets good, hes only interesting in the eBook. Also the best point of the game is the second last mission (though technically the last mission no?...but that end...oh god....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom