• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

Has anyone ever received a refund for a pre order price drop from DS? I paid 89$ for COD when I pre-ordered, at released it was 69$ I've emailed them about it last week, and got a response fairly quickly asking for proof that I paid 89$ (which I found weird as I gave them my order number). This was a week ago and have sent numerous emails yet haven't received a response.

I'm trying to cancel a preorder for ACU on PS4 (going PC instead) but they haven't replied to the message I sent yet. I know twitter people don't work on weekends but sheesh guys.

senahorse

Went to buy a carpet shampooer locally, and the one I wanted is only sold at Godfrey's, for the princely sum of $1500. The same unit from Amazon, $399, even after conversion, shipping and a stepdown transformer I am saving over $700.

Went to buy a carpet shampooer locally, and the one I wanted is only sold at Godfrey's, for the princely sum of $1500. The same unit from Amazon, $399, even after conversion, shipping and a stepdown transformer I am saving over $700.

Sheesh, talk about getting taken to the cleaners.

I also don't have twitter.

They're offering such good deals but their customer service is truly atrocious

I left twitter a few years ago, and started a new account solely for complaining at people about stuff. Not that I complain about stuff often, just good to have the option... Worked the other day when they were taking forever to ship my PS4 Gold headset.

I suck at SoM, everything kills me. EVERYTHING EVEN THE GRASS.
Same, I quit really early on. Sounds like you have to do a bunch of story missions first but the design in that regard is terrible.

Had high hopes after the opening was quite well done. I'm sure I'll start to enjoy it once I trudge out to the story missions.

OK sweet, I think I need to mainline the story now. I think my problem is that I got distracted doing side missions for hours and then when it came time to do the campaign I couldn't remember / didn't really care about the characters.

If the core gameplay was more fun I wouldn't really mind repetitive side missions, but after playing Mordor, Watch Dogs just feels really cumbersome. Very different games I know, but yeh.
Yeah Watch Dogs is more fun to blaze through the story missions. Some great ones in there, I still feel it gets more flack than it should.

Has anyone ever received a refund for a pre order price drop from DS? I paid 89$ for COD when I pre-ordered, at released it was 69$ I've emailed them about it last week, and got a response fairly quickly asking for proof that I paid 89$ (which I found weird as I gave them my order number). This was a week ago and have sent numerous emails yet haven't received a response.
I've had a bunch of refunds go through. Use the contact form on their website, usually get an email a few days later and then the refund hits about 2 weeks later.

I'm trying to cancel a preorder for ACU on PS4 (going PC instead) but they haven't replied to the message I sent yet. I know twitter people don't work on weekends but sheesh guys.

Did you send it through the website contact form or tweet/email them?

MoonGred

Same, I quit really early on. Sounds like you have to do a bunch of story missions first but the design in that regard is terrible.

Had high hopes after the opening was quite well done. I'm sure I'll start to enjoy it once I trudge out to the story missions.

Yeah Watch Dogs is more fun to blaze through the story missions. Some great ones in there, I still feel it gets more flack than it should.

I've had a bunch of refunds go through. Use the contact form on their website, usually get an email a few days later and then the refund hits about 2 weeks later.

Did you send it through the website contact form or tweet/email them?

Thanks didn't even know they had a form

lexi

Banned

I did the opposite. I did side quests and collectibles for ages before I got into the main story, I will agree that the game is pretty tediously difficult without some of the better talents (Vault Stun!)

jambo

I did the opposite. I did side quests and collectibles for ages before I got into the main story, I will agree that the game is pretty tediously difficult without some of the better talents (Vault Stun!)

I did the same with Skyrim.

90+ hours in and I've done about 1/3 of the main story quests.

My No Fast Travel rule probably helped too...

r1chard

Hi folks, I'm back (flew in at Stupid O'Clock AM this morning). Paris was jammed full of OpenStack Summit, but it was really good to have some face time with my remote co-workers and other OpenStack folk I collaborate with. It's kinda weird that we all have to fly to Paris to be able to do that, though there are worse places to be ;)

I hear PAX was awesome - I hope you all had fun!! :)

ps. because the week was so ridiculously busy we didn't get any boardgame time so now I'm REALLY pining for some boardgame action. Pretty please? :)

What exactly makes it a lazy cash grab? They've put a twist on the series' conventions, allowing you to play the game differently, with a different story.

Sure, they're reusing a lot of the engine from the previous game, but every 'lazy dev' (God I hate that term) does it because it makes financial sense.

I watched over an hour of gameplay footage, it felt 99% like Black Flag but just playing as a Templar instead of an Assassin. The areas look the same, the naval battles are exactly the same. You could very well be playing Black Flag with a dlc costume and wouldn't know the difference.

senahorse

I have the 1+1 and a Z3 Compact. I much prefer the 1+1 due to the screen size, I thought it would be too big to use as a phone, one handed etc, but it hasn't been an issue. I really appreciate the extra screen real estate from the 1+1. The Z3 Compact has been a great phone in its own right as well, albeit in a much smaller form factor (with many of the same internals of the 1+1). The build quality of the Z3 is outstanding, the screen beautiful and interface (as expected) is extremely zippy, but the best feature about the Z3, as it's a work phone, is the battery. I last charged this on Tuesday morning, this morning (3 days later) it's sitting on 79%, this thing will last longer than a week with light to moderate usage, the 1+1 I get about 3.5 days on a charge with moderate usage, the price you pay for a 5.5" screen (that said, 3.5 days is still pretty damn good, my 920 was lucky to last longer than a day).

Quick update on Z3 compact's battery. One week on, with light use, the battery is at 43%, this is on its second charge.

Stackboy

I might come back to SoM, but for now I'm just frustrated.

Fuck selling on gumtree.

I bought a sweet coffee machine off gumtree recently. It seems a lot of people buy an expensive coffee machine these days and then 2 months later realize they never use it, so they sell it cheaply on Gumtree. That's where I come in.

HAPPY NEW/OLD HALO DAY GUYS.

jambo

wtf is fat duck

5VOsHRY.png

Shaneus

Quick update on Z3 compact's battery. One week on, with light use, the battery is at 43%, this is on its second charge.
Dang. I was close to getting a Z1 Compact, sounds like the Z3C is another step up. If I ever break out of the Apple cycle (probably sooner than later, my new 5S will probably be my last Apple phone) a Sony compact will be the way to go.

Darren870

wtf is fat duck

The Heston restaurant opening up in Melbourne for a few months. $525 a person for the tasting menu. Moved the whole restaurant from the UK over for a few months.

It was a ballot system that you had to apply for. I am going to (hopefully) assume some people will bail out and they will be calling others that are on the waiting list. Especially since you have to pay in advance.

Anyone have tips for OBS streaming to Twitch?

Trying to get it smooth. Might have to give up on 1080/60, maybe 1080/30 or 720/60.

Try 720/60 first. Your bitrate should be around 3000 to 4000 for that. Keep in mind with 60fps you're sending double the data. A good indicator of your nitrate potential is going by your upload rate in kbps, then setting it to around 5% lower. If you struggle to get 60fps, maybe try 45 before going to 30, the difference will be negligible to the viewer.

I was getting some mean frame drops when I was watching you recently. Will update more at lunchtime

jambo

Thanks for the tips.

I dropped it to 720/30 last night and it still seemed to be choppy.

Bitrate is 3500, the max that Twitch allows. It might just be my PC crapping out.

Connection wise it should be fine, sitting on 100/40.

Core i7 870 2.9GHz with that overclocking stuff up to 3.5, 2 x GTX 670s in SLI
Then they're both capable of using the hardware encoders in the CPU (I think all i7s have Quick Sync?) and GPU. So try enabling one or the other and see if the quality is any better.

Edit: Actually, looks like the i7 870s don't have Quick Sync, so I guess try the video card hardware encoding instead.

Fusebox

Banned
$270 for a full HD 40 inch TV >_<

Wife doesn't think I could handle the step down from 50. I'm torn as that's a fucking insanely cheap price for full HD >_<

I bought a second-hand Kogan 46" LED for $200 the other day for the bedroom and the damn thing gives my $2k Panasonic plasma a run for its money. Can't believe how cheap good TVs are these days.

Also Resident Evil Revelations 3DS for $3.99

https://www.beatthebomb.com.au/games/3ds/resident_evil_revelations

Just ordered a copy, haven't played it before.

Gazunta

Noob iMac question. Can you hook up extra monitors to it easily? I have a bunch of monitors I don't use much, so figure 2 21" inch monitors would be a better way to go instead of 1 27" inch one. Just can't find much info on the apple site about that techy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom