• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Qk2vogu.png

lol

Went up to Hall's Gap in the Grampians for the weekend with my girlfriend for our anniversary. It was freaking awesome and we went on a bunch of walks and holy shit. If anyone gets the chance, do go. I'll post some photos up here at some point, because I really enjoyed myself.

Yeah, done it about 3 years ago. Though it was in January and hot as hell.

Gazunta

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

I made a comic...about Little Big Adventure, and sharing games you love with people.

Give it a-clickin', maybe?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Currently watching First Contact ep 1.

this is hilarious. the fat bogan lady and the bogan rich lady are teh worst.

surfy dude is doing it to expand his knowledge so he's cool. copper was very negative but he seems to be coming around to it all. ok bo-dene is awful too.

i think im missing a 6th?

edit: white glassess - has she even spoken yet?

Fredescu

Yeah, but what won't we get because of shitty exclusivity?

Yeah it can launch all it wants, but signing content deals its a whole other thing. They're pretty much going up against Murdoch, so, good luck. The only hope is the content providers believe they will get more revenue this way. I have no idea how likely that is.

senahorse

It certainly is an uphill battle against Murdoch here, but it's a start. And anything that takes power away from Murdoch (even just a tiny bit) is a great thing in my books.

With Netflix, does it have to be streamed or can you 'preload' a show to watch later?

My internets can't handle live HD content as well as I'd like so would prefer to be able to download it in one hit for watching later.

With Netflix, does it have to be streamed or can you 'preload' a show to watch later?

My internets can't handle live HD content as well as I'd like so would prefer to be able to download it in one hit for watching later.

streaming only. it dynamically scales the resolution so that buffering only happens when there's lots of network congestion. but the resolution can go reeeeally low.

Amazon video and HBO go were similar though HBO's video looks blockier and Netflix tends to just go jaggier.

Imagine how many people would sign up if they got an HBO distribution deal somehow.

I'm cumming in my pantiloons at the thought of it.

Your pantaloons are safe. HBO hasn't got jack on US netflix and only some older stuff on US Amazon.

You used to be able to force the stream to your desired quality, then just hit pause and let it buffer. Though not ideal.

Stackboy

Did I really just get bagged out by some dick over voice chat on PSN? Some people man...

In possibly related news, I really need to buy myself a headset.

That's what the mute button is for.

https://pr.netflix.com/WebClient/getNewsSummary.do?newsId=1751

NETFLIX TO LAUNCH IN AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND IN MARCH 2015
World’s Leading Internet Television Network to Offer Original Series, Movies, Documentaries, Stand-Up Comedy Specials and TV Shows for Low Monthly Price.

If it has good content (doesn't have to be everything) and it's around the $20 mark, I'll support it.

On demand only, no downloading.

streaming only. it dynamically scales the resolution so that buffering only happens when there's lots of network congestion. but the resolution can go reeeeally low.

Amazon video and HBO go were similar though HBO's video looks blockier and Netflix tends to just go jaggier.

Your pantaloons are safe. HBO hasn't got jack on US netflix and only some older stuff on US Amazon.

You used to be able to force the stream to your desired quality, then just hit pause and let it buffer. Though not ideal.

Well that's a shame. Netflix will be useless for me then until I move next door to an exchange.

I really really want a legitimate way to get the shows I like but streaming just doesn't work and I don't need an entire Foxtel sub with ads for a handful of shows.

Updated Mumble Details (IP: 27.50.71.245) (Port: 54838)

Sorry about this, things got stuffed up. Anyhow this is pre-paid for a year now anyway...enjoy

Fogz

You really made me think, Gaz.

Also, I've had both Little Big Adventures sitting in my GOG library since release and I still haven't gotten around to checking them out :\

I skipped Far Cry 4 and GTA5 this week and AC: Unity last week for Dragon Age and Pokemon.

Who else is with me!?
Opposite for me. DA2 burned me on the series so ill wait and I still haven't bought the last yearly installment of Pokemon!

Actually I didn't get Unity either. Was it on WiiU?

I skipped Far Cry 4 and GTA5 this week and AC: Unity last week for Dragon Age and Pokemon.

Who else is with me!?

Not me. Grabbed AC Unity twice (got one in an Xbox One bundle and a separate PS4 game) and picking up Dragon Age tomorrow. Doesn't also help I've never really been fond of Ruby/Sapphire.

Who else is with me!?

Not really interested in those first four games and my brother is getting me Pokemon for Christmas so kinda a little bit maybe?

I am buying Project Diva F 2nd this week though!

Who else is with me!?

Haven't bought anything. Skipped everything. Heck, have only played an hour of Shadow of Mordor I bought a month ago.

because going on holiday in 10 days so don't want to start a new game and leave it mid- way

Question: Do JB's online prices reflect in store? I pre-ordered Dragon Age the other day and the girl said it was $118 despite the online price showing as $69. I'm going in there tomorrow but am asking now because if the online price doesn't translate to their in-store price I might have to buy GTAV from Target within the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom