• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

B23HpAoCcAAXQpU.jpg

If an upstanding man like Rupert Murdoch thinks so, it must be true.

Rlan

Hey guys, going to do my part and tell you to check out Checkpoint Champion!

screen1136x1136.jpeg

screen480x480.jpeg

screen480x480.jpeg

It's time to burn rubber!

Put your driving skills to the ultimate test in a series of fiendish 10-second challenges! You'll need technique and tenacity as you hit and weave through checkpoints on road, dirt, water, grass and mud! Choose between grip and speed as you drift between obstacles, spin around hairpin turns and turbo your way to victory. The challenges may be small, but only the most dedicated drivers will triumph!

Features:
- Simple, 2-touch car controls!
- 48 unique, bite-sized challenges!
- A cast of charming retro-inspired cars, each with several paint jobs!
- Multiple terrain types!
- Game Center leaderboards for every challenge!
- 2 endless Arenas!
- Event of the Day!
- Video replays! (iPhone 4S or newer, iPad2 or newer)
- A funky soundtrack, perfect for checkpoint chasing!
- Missions and Secrets!

This is the first game from independent games developer, Protostar. We hope you like it, and we hope you are ready to become... a Checkpoint Champion!

The two guys behind this are some awesome guys who used to work at Halfbrick and decided to go out on their own. The game also has only one IAP - to support the developers!

Download it for free from here! It's a great little game and I hope it does well for them.

Deeku

Man every time you guys talk about IT I'm all like D:...seems real complicated, what with all the certs and whatever you need to do.

kyser73

What time does Supanova wrap up? Pretty sure there's going to be a few people going to that so will most likely kick it off after they finish.

I was thinking "early birds" meet at Tomahawk, then we'll get a table at Guzman/Ginga for around 7 so we can line our stomachs.

BrisGAF members keen for this, check in!

Sounds like a plan. Mobi PMed to you.

trinest

just got an email from eb games telling me they fucked up the shipping of the new 3ds cover preorders and sent me the wrong one ._.

Did you order a wooden one as well? Cause same thing happened to me.

They replaced mine with a Toad (you can see what it is in the order).

No worries. Happy to discuss more with people, though preferably over a beer if anyone is in Melbourne!

Mmmm beer.

Stay classy government.

if I'm forced to use a local account which costs more and has less...that's worse.

I can't see them region locking paynents etc.

Have we come up with a definition government defined definition of metadata yet?

Either way it's a massive joke.

What security certs would you recommend?

Over the last 12 months I've become responsible for preparing/pushing/troubleshoot the firewall rules for one of our major clients (hint: not a flying emu, but close!). That's involved Cisco ASA (well, firewall switch modules but pretty close),

whats a flying ostrich do?

r1chard

Despite what I said on IRC today I weakend and bought DA:I ... but won't get to play it today 'cos it won't finish downloading until midnight :/ (and I'll be in bed by 11pm because I'm old like that)

Hey IT guys, at the moment I'm working in network assurance but only layer 1 and layer 2 with very basic Cisco router work (mostly checking configs, basic configs for small routers and remote assistance for our techs when installing them).

What would be a good pathway for getting in to something more in depth with at least solid routing and maybe security, etc.? I don't have any certs except for a cert III in IT which was part of my training at this place. I've been there nearly two years now and am thinking CCNA first but don't know where to go from there.

Adelaide, if that matters.

Despite what I said on IRC today I weakend and bought DA:I ... but won't get to play it today 'cos it won't finish downloading until midnight :/ (and I'll be in bed by 11pm because I'm old like that)

I wish I could fall asleep that early ><

Is G2A a site that is okay to be talked about on gaf? Because DA is $50 on there...

I wish I could fall asleep that early ><

Is G2A a site that is okay to be talked about on gaf? Because DA is $50 on there...

I was actually told off last time I brought up g2a in here, that was like 9 months ago now though.

They have their fair share of stolen/dodgy keys but the vast majority are legit. You tend to learn which sellers are the best and g2a can offer 100% guarantee for a small fee.

(examples of issues with g2a (1) (2) (3) etc )

EDIT: You're better off buying it from a different Origin region rather than going through a keyseller tbh.

FINAL EDIT I SWEAR: Here's the GAF thread on the USD$45 deal through Origin

Deeku

Damn PSN's been on fire recently with sales!

Like, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 for under 10 bucks yo!

Danganronpa is on sale too so might check that out since it's apparently pretty good.

Dryk

Man every time you guys talk about IT I'm all like D:...seems real complicated, what with all the certs and whatever you need to do.
Now I know how everyone in my life feels when I talk about work... :\

We have an IRC? I never knew! Oh and while I remember, Jambo can I get an invite to the Steam group?

Can't seem to find Rusty's real deal baseball on the eshop. Is it still for sale?
I don't think they released it here because baseball is a non-thing. Which sucks because I wanted to play it.

Harvey Norman bundles!

PS4 with GTA5 for $448

Xbox One & Kinect with Dance Central Spotlight, AC Unity, AC Black Flag & COD Advanced Warfare for $497

You can also knock off another $25 with an email subscription coupon, make sure to do that first!!!

Insane pricing on X1 bundles lately. Wish I could justify a purchase right now.

Gazunta

BTW, thanks everyone here who read the latest comic and said nice things.

It's November 21! This is the day when Nintendo have always released something AWESOME and WHOOPS BETTER GET ME A NEW 3DS XL YES

Also, random question. Can anyone recommend some headphones for RUNNING? I am constantly fighting the headphones that came with the iPhone that keep popping out all the damn time. Sound quality is secondary to the importance of just KEEPING THE BASTARDS IN MY EARS AGH.

Shaneus

BTW, thanks everyone here who read the latest comic and said nice things.

It's November 21! This is the day when Nintendo have always released something AWESOME and WHOOPS BETTER GET ME A NEW 3DS XL YES

Also, random question. Can anyone recommend some headphones for RUNNING? I am constantly fighting the headphones that came with the iPhone that keep popping out all the damn time. Sound quality is secondary to the importance of just KEEPING THE BASTARDS IN MY EARS AGH.
I loved the comic too BTW, but didn't want to comment on it at risk of outing myself as not a manly-man. Very poignant and well-done :)

As for jogging (I believe it's pronounced "yogging"), look for something that isn't earbuds. I'd recommend Jays V-Jays. Don't necessarily get them from there, but they're super-light and because they're not closed, you can hear outside noise like cars and such... I use them while walking around the Melbourne CBD and have no problems hearing anything. They sound good, too :)

Any IEMs will stay in your ears fine, if you're OK with shoving things in your ears, but you can have annoying side effects like microphonics from the cable, hearing your heartbeat. It doesn't bother me.

There are specific sport headphones, but they always seem overpriced to me.

Harvey Norman bundles!

PS4 with GTA5 for $448

Xbox One & Kinect with Dance Central Spotlight, AC Unity, AC Black Flag & COD Advanced Warfare for $497

You can also knock off another $25 with an email subscription coupon, make sure to do that first!!!

Insane pricing on X1 bundles lately. Wish I could justify a purchase right now.

So cheap.

So, anyone here going to be done with GTA5 on PS4 soon and want to palm it off to me for cheap?

Cheers.

Speaking of being cheap.

Darren870

Hey IT guys, at the moment I'm working in network assurance but only layer 1 and layer 2 with very basic Cisco router work (mostly checking configs, basic configs for small routers and remote assistance for our techs when installing them).

What would be a good pathway for getting in to something more in depth with at least solid routing and maybe security, etc.? I don't have any certs except for a cert III in IT which was part of my training at this place. I've been there nearly two years now and am thinking CCNA first but don't know where to go from there.

Adelaide, if that matters.

If you like Cisco stuff the CCNA is as good start. I always am weary of networking related jobs as its often outsourced. However, working for hospitals, unis and government is pretty safe from that. This is just my experience though, don't know enough about the Australian job market yet.

Gazunta

Rep yeah now I have everything I need to start fulfilling the rest of the Kickstarter rewards. I'll post an update to the backers later today / tonight :)

COMICS!!!!

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
All.

If I take 8 weeks off work (i have like 12+ available) and I decide to travel.

Where do I go? Europe, America, Asia - something else i don't know of?

If you suggest one of them, What places do you suggest I check out?

jambo

Europe's pretty awesome.

I went England->France->Switzerland->Italy on a family trip back in 2004.

Always wanted to see Germany as well.

USA in 2010 was good, but lots of it felt like Australia but just a hell of a lot bigger. New York is pretty amazing though. Only problem is the US is full of Americans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom