• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty confident that 343 will fix their shit pretty quickly. They have top people on it. And Glenn. Actually, that would explain an awful lot.

Still waiting on the ultimate Xbondle with the right combo of packins- (games I want to play with that I don't already have on PS4)

Still waiting on the ultimate Xbondle with the right combo of packins- (games I want to play with that I don't already have on PS4)

Same here, once I can get 3 great exclusives with an X1 for $400 I'll likely jump in.

Ideally Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2 & Halo MCC. I don't think they have more other exclusives coming up?

Got mine too Mr Tone :)

Quantum Break? I can't think of anything else.
Yup should have remembered that one. Expectations are low after that first gameplay trailer but I'm hoping I come around to it like I did with AW in the end (depends on how it runs I expect, hated AW on 360).

I think that's Holiday 2015?

Scalebound
Halo 5
Crackdown 3
New Gears
New Fable

I really really hope Scalebound turns into a great project, would love to see Platinum with a sales success. No expectations until we get some proper information on it though.
I'll wait for reviews on Halo 5, Halo 4 wasn't really my cup of team in a lot of ways.
Crackdown reboot is 2016 still apparently, as long as they give it all the time it needs I expect it'll be awesome. Just don't fucking rush it this time MS.
I'm pretty eh on new Gears unless it's a lot like the first game. Disliked Gears 2 and found Gears 3 and 0 pretty spotty at best. That first game is still great to return to though. Dripping in atmosphere.
lol Fable. Did that remake of Fable 1 turn out good? If so I would grab a port.

jambo

Not sure what to do with GTA V.

Might get it at retail for XBone and then sell it when the PC version comes out.

Or I can go through the digital store and get it for $59 (US store front), NBN means size doesn't matter.

The real issue with digital is not being able to sell it, but it would be kinda nice to always have a digital game (other than Minecraft) sitting on my Live account.

Omikron

I like your optimism but I don't share it.

Gives them... 5 years. I have faith. Faith....

j173xrn.jpg

Do street dates break these days? Would love to play Far Cry 4 tonight, what are the odds of it being in shops on my way home from work?

I remember a couple of years ago when you could pretty much guarantee a new game would be in store late on the day before release.

Stackboy

I'm pretty confident that 343 will fix their shit pretty quickly. They have top people on it. And Glenn. Actually, that would explain an awful lot.

343 is saying a major update on Thursday will fix the MM issues. Is a week and a half after launch a quick enough response? Not really.

Will I learn my lesson and not buy games on launch and not ride the hype train any more? Not really.

CHOO CHOO

I'm all downloaded and ready to go (I'm in SA as well).

Didn't go through steam though as I got a key through the Nvidia program, so just Uplay for me.

I guess it saves me having to have both steam and uplay open at the same time.

If any one wants to add me on Uplay, the name is tails_13 as I'd be keen for some co-op.

Manax

Considering setting up a us PSN account and getting cards online to buy digital games at a much cheaper retail price

Anyone have success doing this, best place to get cards? Even worth it now the currency conversion is worse than it has been?

Gotta waste my money somehow and $99 digital games from the Australian PSN seems like a poor way to do it

Considering setting up a us PSN account and getting cards online to buy digital games at a much cheaper retail price

Anyone have success doing this, best place to get cards? Even worth it now the currency conversion is worse than it has been?

Gotta waste my money somehow and $99 digital games from the Australian PSN seems like a poor way to do it
Plenty use Amazon psn cards, nice and easy to setup.

playasia sell you the digital code without the fake address bs. edit: I see they have put the prices up a bit, they used to sell cards at face value- ie US$50 for US$50

kyser73

BRIS GAF BRIS GAF BRIS GAF

Meet up currently planned for the 29th November.

What does BrisGAF like to eat/drink? Ideas for a venue?

That sounds like a plan.

Beer, wine, spirits.

No mushrooms. Cauliflower is OK so long as it's buried under cheese.

Maybe somewhere in The Valley? What about the Dutch Courage Officers Mess? Unless people don't like gin. I mean they have beef & stuff, but also 120+ different gins.

Supanova is at the Convention Centre so somethin' South-Banky would be better for attendees. Just sayin.'

Lots of places to eat around there, and west end is nearby, plus bus and train and parking is all there.

Just sayin.'

Went up to Hall's Gap in the Grampians for the weekend with my girlfriend for our anniversary. It was freaking awesome and we went on a bunch of walks and holy shit. If anyone gets the chance, do go. I'll post some photos up here at some point, because I really enjoyed myself.

kyser73

Supanova is at the Convention Centre so somethin' South-Banky would be better for attendees. Just sayin.'

Lots of places to eat around there, and west end is nearby, plus bus and train and parking is all there.

Just sayin.'

Gazunta is in town doing Supernova stuff, so Southbank might be ideal.

On the other hand, I've been meaning to expand my gin palate.

I'm easy. Southbank with Supernova included would be awesomesauce.

In other news - thanks to Ozgameshop being shit and not mailing out my GTAV so it would arrive tomorrow I've caved and gone digital...31 minutes to go :)

Just sayin.'

It's not exactly a long bus ride to the valley, but I get your point.

I've heard good things about the tomahawk bar. Or Archive is always a safe bet.

What kind of deal can you get at eb for a 3ds xl trade in for a regular new 3ds?

At a guess fuck all. Just sell it.

I'm easy. Southbank with Supernova included would be awesomesauce.

Agreed on something in the South Bank area. If we don't want to go too expensive, perhaps something like Ginga (the one across the road from South Bank, not the one next to the cinemas) or Guzman y Gomez would work best? Both have fairly good seating, to accommodate any extras in the group. I know a few that have tables in the Alley who may want to tag along with us (Ry-Spirit, maybe a few others).

Dimefan3

Gives them... 5 years. I have faith. Faith....

j173xrn.jpg

I don't care if we don't get the game, it would just be nice if Valve would at least finish the bloody story through like an animated video or comic or something. Just made playing the whole thing feel a bit pointless if you're playing for story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom