• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up a copy of Far Cry 4 (PS4) from JB.

Why do I still buy steelbooks? They always cost extra and never sit on the shelf properly, but I can't help myself.

jambo

Played a bit of Far Cry 4 last night, seemed like FC3, but with a lot of improvements. So I will play it a LOT!

Also going to grab GTA V today, $64 at Target is just too good.

r1chard

A friend lives in a pretty gentrified area of Melbourne, but still has to get by with Internet-over-copper. He usually peaks at about 7mb, but lately he's finding that after it rains he's been getting under 1mb (yes, I'm talking down, not up). It's so bad you can pick up the telephone there's just a wash of white noise - no dialling required. So yeah, he's pretty fucking stoked about FTTN.

jambo

A friend lives in a pretty gentrified area of Melbourne, but still has to get by with Internet-over-copper. He usually peaks at about 7mb, but lately he's finding that after it rains he's been getting under 1mb (yes, I'm talking down, not up). It's so bad you can pick up the telephone there's just a wash of white noise - no dialling required. So yeah, he's pretty fucking stoked about FTTN.

If the phone line has bad static and shit on it Telstra normally come out pretty damn quick to fix it.

Stackboy

COTD has the GTA5 bundle with PS4 for $499 posted through Dick Smith
Big W also has it for $498
Played a bit of Far Cry 4 last night, seemed like FC3, but with a lot of improvements. So I will play it a LOT!

Also going to grab GTA V today, $64 at Target is just too good.

Yup FC4 for me tonight, GTA5 once I need a break :)

If my son was acting better he might have earned LBP3 today too! Too many damn games.

I've heard good things about the tomahawk bar. Or Archive is always a safe bet.

Maybe we could start with a drink at Tomahawk, before heading somewhere for food.

Agreed on something in the South Bank area. If we don't want to go too expensive, perhaps something like Ginga (the one across the road from South Bank, not the one next to the cinemas) or Guzman y Gomez would work best? Both have fairly good seating, to accommodate any extras in the group. I know a few that have tables in the Alley who may want to tag along with us (Ry-Spirit, maybe a few others).

Ginga or Guzman would do the trick for sure. Best sushi (quality and value considered) in Brisbane is upstairs at the Wintergarden, but we could just mill around the Southbank area if it's easiest.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Is Big W the cheapest place for GTA V? I have it on Amazon for digital code but turns out to be $68 thanks to our shit dollar. Would EB match Big W's price?

Shaneus

We're still waiting on GTA5 for PC, yes? What's the deal with the next-gen versions... 1080P, maybe 30fps stable if we're lucky, texture improvements?

FPS mode is only PC, yeah?

We're still waiting on GTA5 for PC, yes? What's the deal with the next-gen versions... 1080P, maybe 30fps stable if we're lucky, texture improvements?

PS4/XB1 have FPS mode as well. Pretty sure 1080P 30fps.

I'm actually tempted... given GTAIV I think this might run better on PS4 than my PC, and I never picked it up on PS3/360. $56 is pretty good, but I hate paying full price for bloody remasters.

HowZatOZ

Banned
PS4/XB1 have FPS mode as well. Pretty sure 1080P 30fps.

I'm actually tempted... given GTAIV I think this might run better on PS4 than my PC, and I never picked it up on PS3/360. $56 is pretty good, but I hate paying full price for bloody remasters.

Wouldn't call that full price, especially with EB's hilarious $99 price.

jambo

PS4/XBone GTA V is

- 1080P
- 30fps with some small drops
- FPS mode
- longer draw distance
- every texture replaced
- 3x the number of light sources
- improved weather effects
- increased pedestrian and traffic density
- 162 new songs on the radio
- All GTAO DLC included
- $55

Shaneus

Given how little I played of GTA5 after I got through (I think) around half the story, I think I'll wait for someone else to finish with their copy (hi Rep! ;) ) before playing it.

Edit: ^^ Damn. Jambo, stop selling me on it :(

Aww yeah, Far Cry 4 LE on PS4 for only $40 in the end. Not bad considering I only preordered a week ago.
Thank you DSE for those half price gift cards :)

JB have a PS4 bundle with GTA5, Far Cry 4 & COD Ghosts for $549

FPP mode is current gen, there is a trophy/cheevo for playing in FPP mode for 15 hours!

1080/30 fairly solid with the rare drop. Streams have been going since the weekend and it looked/ran great.

/conspiracy theory/
After seeing how much money T2 are making through the GTAO micropayments maybe they wanted to hold back the PC version in the (possibly outdated) worry that it would get hacked too quickly.
They are making insane bank over selling coins in the online side of the game. Fucking insane.
/conspiracy theory/

Shaneus

/conspiracy theory/
After seeing how much money T2 are making through the GTAO micropayments maybe they wanted to hold back the PC version in the (possibly outdated) worry that it would get hacked too quickly.
They are making insane bank over selling coins in the online side of the game. Fucking insane.
/conspiracy theory/
Anything conspiracy about how much money they're making? I'd love to see figures if they're floating around.

Anything conspiracy about how much money they're making? I'd love to see figures if they're floating around.

Here's a quick link I found
Digital sales of games and in-game content accounted for $89.8m of Take-Two’s revenues in the third quarter of 2014, with 58% of that coming from “recurrent consumer spending” on virtual currencies, downloadable content and online games.

“We continue to see strong consumer engagement with Grand Theft Auto Online, which has both exceeded our expectations and has been the single largest contributor to digitally-delivered revenue in every quarter since its launch,” Take-Two’s chairman and chief executive Strauss H. Zelnick told analysts in the company’s earnings call.

Best sushi (quality and value considered) in Brisbane is upstairs at the Wintergarden
I wouldn't touch that place with a ten foot pole. Though it's been almost a decade now, when I used to work there the health standards were atrocious, and unless it's since changed owners I have no confidence that they've cleaned up their act at all.

but we could just mill around the Southbank area if it's easiest.

I think that's probably easiest. A lot of us are going to have very sore feet as it is, don't think we'll want to do a lot of walking. ^^;;

I wouldn't touch that place with a ten foot pole. Though it's been almost a decade now, when I used to work there the health standards were atrocious, and unless it's since changed owners I have no confidence that they've cleaned up their act at all.

I think that's probably easiest. A lot of us are going to have very sore feet as it is, don't think we'll want to do a lot of walking. ^^;;

Wait, seriously? You used to work there? Interesting. I always thought the food seemed fresh and clean from there... now it's all ruined!

Alright, we'll keep it at Southbank to make things easy for all involved.

Okay, just got myself a 20% off JB voucher so I need to buy something.

Far Cry 4, Bayo 2, or GTAV? All are $55. Tough choice.

Buy the one you want to play right meow.

Then go home, make another JB Now account with a different email address and go back in tomorrow with your new voucher and buy the next one you want!

Okay, just got myself a 20% off JB voucher so I need to buy something.

Far Cry 4, Bayo 2, or GTAV? All are $55. Tough choice.

newweaponry01qrj8g.gif

HowZatOZ

Banned
Wait, seriously? You used to work there? Interesting. I always thought the food seemed fresh and clean from there... now it's all ruined!

Alright, we'll keep it at Southbank to make things easy for all involved.

There is an amazing one at Nundah, near the Woolworths. $3.50 plates all day erryday.

Long story, be happy to tell it at the meet-up. Like I said, I haven't worked there for a long time now (left in '06) and it's entirely possible things have gotten better since then, but I still steer clear of the place.

Sunset not an option?

Maybe next year
when it gets a PC release

I think I'll probably pass up Far Cry for now, since it likely performs better on my PC where I'll be able to pick it up for $5 with a free kitten in a few months time. GTAV or Bayo 2 I guess is the choice.

Kritz

Banned
I've actually been considering simply doing a greenlight (which I should really do sooner rather than later...) and maaaaaaybe patron. I think that gives me a bit more leeway in making the game, which is probably important for a game with such a weird design mentality as CBD.

But, yeah, the article was great. Thanks, serrels! :D

At some point I do need to kick myself out of holiday mode and get back to work on the game. Mostly just... making marketing materials for the greenlight. High quality screenshots and a trailer.

Salazar

I know commercial tv news stations have odd relations with the police, but the story on just now about policemen shooting dead a bloke wielding a knife was peculiar.

"Our thoughts are very much with those two policemen".

Eh ?

Dimefan3

Did I really just get bagged out by some dick over voice chat on PSN? Some people man...

In possibly related news, I really need to buy myself a headset.

Xbox One with AC Unity, AC Black Flag, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Ryse & 2 controllers for $470

That is a badshit motherflippin insane bundle right there.

Too bad I gots no money, need money for my PAX ticket next month AND have a cricket trip in less than a month. Also Christmas >_<

Did I really just get bagged out by some dick over voice chat on PSN? Some people man...

In possibly related news, I really need to buy myself a headset.

Dick Smith had the Gold 2.0 for $80 recently. It's awesome.

Had a few matches of Far Cry 4 so far, everyone was nice enough despite me having zero idea of the controls and perks lol

Xbox One with AC Unity, AC Black Flag, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, Ryse & 2 controllers for $470

That is a badshit motherflippin insane bundle right there.

Too bad I gots no money, need money for my PAX ticket next month AND have a cricket trip in less than a month. Also Christmas >_<

Dick Smith had the Gold 2.0 for $80 recently. It's awesome.

Had a few matches of Far Cry 4 so far, everyone was nice enough despite me having zero idea of the controls and perks lol

And bought!
Now I have a spare AC:U and maybe even Ryse or FH2 if anyone wants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom