• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Central heating has been on about 18 degrees for last 24 hours. Wondered why it was still warm in the house when I had the air con on since 5pm. No fucking idea why it was put on in the first place >_<
Looking forward to that fucking gas bill now. >_<

Gone gone without a trace
You're a nice dude Cookie! People should tell you that more often.

Eating KFC while watching the Cricket, I am a disgrace.
Super jelly. Had some of the sesame chicken the other day.
Fucking delicious.
I was pissed off. Hate finding new food that tastes great but would make me even fatter than I already am.

Dead Man

But I'm lazy and don't want to get out of my carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:(

Snacking is my main issue. Someone mentioned that dried vege chips were delicious and healthy. Need to look into those.

Be even lazier and don't even get into your car :) Sandwiches (wraps if you are watching carbs) are awesome and easy, massive variety to try too.

One of my more facebook addicted friends has just discovered gaming, and my feed has been flooded with posts about tunnel snakes ruling, the cake being a lie and other things I don't have the heart to tell her aren't funny anymore :/

Snack on cashews.

Personally I like macadamia but they're expensive =(

Soya crisps are also nice, but again pretty pricey.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One of my more facebook addicted friends has just discovered gaming, and my feed has been flooded with posts about tunnel snakes ruling, the cake being a lie and other things I don't have the heart to tell her aren't funny anymore :/

Nurture her. Let her grow. And soon she'll be rage quitting DOTA2 like all good gamers.

Dead Man

Soya crisps are also nice, but again pretty pricey.

At least now she will be on the right track.

Dryk

Take solace in the fact that those are the games she's playing

I have little to no interest in Marc Ecko's Getting Up, but it escaped into the Australian Steam store so I'm tempted to buy it before they realise its banned.

Fogz

I have little to no interest in Marc Ecko's Getting Up, but it escaped into the Australian Steam store so I'm tempted to buy it before they realise its banned.

I bought Manhunt 2 when a similar thing happened. When valve worked out what they'd done they took it off me and refunded the money.

Rlan

So I bought a 3DS XL today. Came with Pokemon Super Rumble & Dragon Quest IX (thanks to Target) and bought Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and got Mario 3D Land through the promotion. Not bad!

Main issue I've had at the moment is that my hands seem to cramp up REAL quick with this thing - triggers and left thumb. Hmm.

Which is better, Pushmo (Pullblox) or Crashmo (Fallblox)?

Shaneus

But I'm lazy and don't want to get out of my carrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:(

Snacking is my main issue. Someone mentioned that dried vege chips were delicious and healthy. Need to look into those.
Popcorn. I "snack" (almost close to binging, I'd reckon) on snack packs of popcorn, and it hasn't affected how well the Lite n Easy thing works at all. There's a brand they don't sell at all Coles stores in a green packet that has a couple of light salted, couple of cheese flavoured and (the best) lightly salted slightly sweet.

Popcorn's low-cal as well, if that's your thing (which is what LnE focuses on primarily, so it fits in well with it).

Dead Man

Buy them from indian/asian grocery stores, they'll be cheaper. They're like $2-3/kilo.

Walnuts are better, much healthier and cheaper than both cashews and macadamias.

I buy walnuts and almonds and mix them. Not as delicious as cashews, but cheaper and not as monotonous as just walnuts.

Dryk

Mum tried to get me snacking on hazelnuts but the bottom of each packet would always end up horribly bitter and eventually it turned me off of them. Which sucks because I like hazelnuts.

The wife is watching Grey's Anatomy and it's fucking stupid.

There is an old dude pissed off because his wife signed a DNR without him knowing. The hospital let her die. He got pissed. End scene.

At some point in the future he goes to the hospital, with one handgun. At this point he kills like 3 people before the hospital goes into lockdown. The cops sit outside for a few hours doing nothing. Then send in like 3 guys who fartarse around for another few hours before they find the guy. The shoot him once then decide not to shoot him again so he can go kill more people. All the while no-one tries to stop him. No one else has a gun. Even the fucking security guards get shot down like fairy floss.

AND THIS IS IN AMERICA.

This is so fucking stupid.

I mean, the actual emotional stuff between characters is surprisingly good. But the plot of this one old guy wandering around with a single handgun killing tons of people over a period of hours with no real issue is FUCKING STUPID.

I can't take it any more.

I really like Grey's Anatomy but you had no problem with Meredith holding onto a bomb in some guys chest? the show is full of weird ass situations lol.

edit: my girlfriend just reminded me of a bit in that episode where he gunman has a full on chat with April (redhead) and there's this massive window overlooking the outside and they didn't like snipe him or anything. that episode is the only one I have a lot of problems with

also is really entertaining.

the random quotes are really good, my girlfriend started a tumblr for the show that is quite popular.

I really like Grey's Anatomy but you had no problem with Meredith holding onto a bomb in some guys chest? the show is full of weird ass situations lol.

also is really entertaining.

To be honest this is the most I've ever paid attention to. Usually I go play video games when the wife catches up on TV but for once I'm the one trying to get everyone to bed, rather than the other way around!

And yeah, just read the synopsis for the next few seasons. Sounds fucking stupid. I remember seeing TV ads for a recent series where they get stranded after a plane crash or some shit? LOL

the drama with the crash, how they survive and their
rescue
is pretty brutal and interesting.

but I kinda like well made ott dramas with twists, humour and you don't need to be 100% switched on to follow, I like the oc and we just finished watching gossip girl lol.

The character writing is good, aside from people getting married every 15 minutes, but the cliffhanger stuff is a bit too Home & Away for me. Although I basically hate all TV so keep that in mind.

:)

An effigy you say?

3pfyPGl.jpg

I'll take it ;)
Can't unsee Grillface...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Phew thank fuck, vce results came out today and i nailed.

Congrats.

Enjoy your new employment at any of the outstanding positions that will be available to you. Maccas, Factory worker, process worker, Coles and Woolworths.

:D

Are you heading into Uni next year? What are you looking at studying?

lol- I never went to Uni. my TE score (pre-O.P.) was 660.
That's not even enough to get into Greendale.

I just realised where I went wrong all those years ago. I should have bought a Colecovision system when it being run out

Sorry I couldn't make BrisGAF meetup, to much regret I was feeling really sick Saturday night (which seems to be continuing....sigh) and so decided to not come along. Hope you all had an awesome time, are there any pics?

On a personal note, could any of these people: ss-hikaru, Elauguafein, toastyToast, Stider, Romulus91 or tofupants add me to 3DS friends as I would really appreciate a 4th AbLink for Bravely Default!

This is me -> 3239-3583-6255 | Marshmellow | Australia

Also for a game that I saw the thread for about 2 minutes on Thursday decided to buy and it convinced a mate in a similar time he'd have it as well. We both sunk about 18 hours into it so far on the weekend.....so....mighty pleased with my purchase. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724603

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom