• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

The 2017 Holden Commodore will be made in China

lolololol

This thing will be a fucking efigy if they try and sell it here

I'm not even a car nerd and I'd be embarrassed to own such a thing. I look forward to it tanking.

This whole does make me wonder what the Aussie racing circuit will look like in five years.

Gazunta

lol- I never went to Uni. my TE score (pre-O.P.) was 660.
That's not even enough to get into Greendale.

I just realised where I went wrong all those years ago. I should have bought a Colecovision system when it being run out

660 TE score? Yeeeeesh.

I got 535 so you must have done something right, 530 was the lowest possible but I knew how to spell my name so I guess that bumped me up

Dead Man

Site looks terrible, but this video made my Monday morning much better: http://dogwork.com/buhr9

I'm not even a car nerd and I'd be embarrassed to own such a thing. I look forward to it tanking.

This whole does make me wonder what the Aussie racing circuit will look like in five years.

Hopefully excellent, like the 80's again, all sorts of manufacturers and countries represented.

:)

Can't unsee Grillface...

My work here is complete.

1525260_10152478524355620_615039330_n.jpg

I wish I could do this for a living.

Dryk

I think I met a girl I really like except she lives all the way in Sydney #FML
I know people I'd want to visit all along the East Coast now, so one day my secret underground rail network will probably extend beyond this city and you can use it.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I know people I'd want to visit all along the East Coast now, so one day my secret underground rail network will probably extend beyond this city and you can use it.

DAMN IT DRYK.

we must display no outwoulds apathy towards Adelaide in ear shot of the others.

NEVER.

Dryk

DAMN IT DRYK.

we must display no outwoulds apathy towards Adelaide in ear shot of the others.

NEVER.
Oh I'm not going anywhere (except possibly Europe one day if my career takes me there), I just want to hang with my friends that moved for PhDs or high-profile coding jobs.

Stackboy

man church weddings sure have a lot of religion in them

can't we just have the love and faithfulness bits and forget the nailed to the cross bits? i'm not a big fan of those bits

I attend a baptist church and will be getting married there next year. Service is going to be really short and to the point.

Dead Man

Oh I'm not going anywhere (except possibly Europe one day if my career takes me there), I just want to hang with my friends that moved for PhDs or high-profile coding jobs.

LOL, moving to Europe is about half my motivation for thinking about doing post grad study the year after next. All my harder working friends are over there now being all academic and productive, and touring Europe on the weekends. Jelly.

Shaneus

The character writing is good, aside from people getting married every 15 minutes, but the cliffhanger stuff is a bit too Home & Away for me. Although I basically hate all TV so keep that in mind.
brooklynninenine.gif

lol- I never went to Uni. my TE score (pre-O.P.) was 660.
That's not even enough to get into Greendale.

I just realised where I went wrong all those years ago. I should have bought a Colecovision system when it being run out
I realised a few years ago where I went wrong.
ADHD :/
Still, can't imagine doing much different now than if I had. Probably paying off uni debt or something.

Walkenshaw Rickshaw Versus Ford Performance Ricing.

can I put my sunglasses on the back of my neck now?
Bravo.

whiskeycheers.gif

Heh :)

I remember Jags, Nissans, Fords (Euro and Australian), BMWs, Chevys, Holdens, and Volvo's running around... and Brock winning all the time.
I remember us being a pack of arseholes.
Not really. I don't remember much, if anything, of the touring cars in the 80s

Hey MelbGAF,

I'm gonna be in town between the 27th and 30th this month.

Wanna get drunk or somethin'?
I reckon I might! I have a feeling that I'll be so bored shitless after I'll be half-way through holidays(ish) that I'll be up for it :)

lexi

Banned
Oh btw, I'll be in Melbourne between the 8th and the 16th. If anyone was interested. Even if you're not, now you know. Even if you don't care.

Hey MelbGAF,

I'm gonna be in town between the 27th and 30th this month.

Wanna get drunk or somethin'?

30 is best for me, i thought you were busy on the 30th though,
Oh btw, I'll be in Melbourne between the 8th and the 16th. If anyone was interested. Even if you're not, now you know. Even if you don't care.

but its already the 16th, you arnt very good at giving us notice

Watson smashing a run a ball hundred before expecting the English fieldsman to catch an easy one, at which point Bell drops the catch and Watson is run out since he was already set to walk off the field lol

Sounds like an amazing hour of cricket, wish I was at home watching it :(

Obv declaring at lunch for 500 in front so at least I can watch the bowlers knock England over again!

Kritz

Banned
30 is best for me, i thought you were busy on the 30th though,

On 30th I fly out in the afternoon. Probably leaving for the airport around 4pm ish. I've never flown drunk before but I guess I could try it?

I say we shoot for late afternoon 29th and see what happens? Start at 4 or 5 and go til whenever? I'll probably just be buying board games wandering around the cbd on Sunday so I wouldn't care if we did it earlier, though.

Want to do the same ol' Beer Deluxe? Despite how often we seem to go there, I actually kinda dig the place. It's close to the train station so I don't gotta worry about getting my dumbass lost.

Get me a higher paying job and I'll drink higher priced beer!

Will actually be drinking some of my 83c per bottle Oettinger when I get home to watch the cricket ;)

Get me a higher paying job and I'll drink higher priced beer!
Make it yourself! I started washing yeast, saving me ten bucks a batch. Woo. Just checked the cost of the black saison I have fermenting ATM. $16.20 for the grains! Also had unused hops from another brew, so ... yeah ... cheap. Will probably get 12L into bottles from this, which is about a slab and a half.

Yesterday afternoon I watched the cricket with a Cavalier Pale Ale and Bridgeroad Pale.
Good man. Quality over quantity!

It does have that soiled gym sock aroma. Delightful!

Make it yourself! I started washing yeast, saving me ten bucks a batch. Woo. Just checked the cost of the black saison I have fermenting ATM. $16.20 for the grains! Also had unused hops from another brew, so ... yeah ... cheap. Will probably get 12L into bottles from this, which is about a slab and a half.

I struggle enough making my own meals let alone making homebrew!!!

People around me should count themselves lucky I've been able to squeeze in the odd shower or two in my routine.

On 30th I fly out in the afternoon. Probably leaving for the airport around 4pm ish. I've never flown drunk before but I guess I could try it?

I say we shoot for late afternoon 29th and see what happens? Start at 4 or 5 and go til whenever? I'll probably just be buying board games wandering around the cbd on Sunday so I wouldn't care if we did it earlier, though.

Want to do the same ol' Beer Deluxe? Despite how often we seem to go there, I actually kinda dig the place. It's close to the train station so I don't gotta worry about getting my dumbass lost.
yeah theres a reason is kinda the unofficial home of melbgaf meets.

They've started pouring Carlton Draught ...

... fucking Carlton Draught.

Sure it's unpasteurised but fuck that noise.
i dont drink beers all that much but man i do know that i think CD is shitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom