• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

London 2012: The Official Video Game steamkey is $2 from GetGames
Damned if I'm not tempted.

You know, for the next Olympics, they just need to do a modern-day version of Hyper Olympic. Fuck all the wanky shit, just give us an upscaled Decathelete.

So my bf met my ex fuck buddy tonight. I felt awkward :/
Tell me you introduced them to each other like that! No point in you being the only awkward one.

Shaneus

Double post whatever etc. For some reason I thought the new Ashes cricket game was the Don Bradman one. But holy fuck, this is actually what the Don Bradman one looks like:
Wow, that looks legit! Love the perspectives. Even seems to have the Hawkeye.I don't remember other cricket games having 3rd person, makes it look more intense especially when you'd be playing against faster bowlers.

GIF of 3rd person:
irARlsvAiiRqf.gif

Oh whoah the first person looks really cool, made a GIF:
iPA3025rKOfDA.gif

Posted them in the Don Bradman thread.
Oh lawd.

Any ausgaffers that own resistance burning skies on vita? looking to get the multiplayer trophy (play 1 match) need 3 more people to make a 4 player room.

Looks pretty much impossible otherwise haha
How's the game? Heard it was pretty bad so haven't picked it up yet.

Double post whatever etc. For some reason I thought the new Ashes cricket game was the Don Bradman one. But holy fuck, this is actually what the Don Bradman one looks like:

Oh lawd.

Not coming out until next year now....

Oh lawd.

Holy shit, that actually looks pretty good. Leagues, miles, planets ahead of that Ashes game.

Manax

How's the game? Heard it was pretty bad so haven't picked it up yet.

It's pretty average short single player campaign with some decent gunplay, online is dead (hence the post)

I picked it up free with ps+ so no complaints it has a surprisingly easy platinum trophy so I'm going for that, only multiplayer trophy just requires you to play one game online.

What sort of role is he interested in doing? Design, programming, animation? I myself have been interested in going into game design, and I was told by an acquaintance in the industry that I should go for a computer science degree, and build up a portfolio of design work on the side. Design jobs are one of the most sort after in the industry, so I figure it can't hurt to have a more technical degree to back up your portfolio. I'm going to transfer to monash computer science next year, I have heard that it's a pretty flexible degree.

As for other uni's, I know that both rmit and deakin offer degrees aimed at game design, not sure on their reputation. There's also qantm, an institute that is heavily focused on games, however I have heard some pretty mixed reviews about it (and it's expensive!)

Anyway, there's my 2 cents!

Further to yesterday's convo about getting into game development and a few people recommended going down the programming path.

Do it. Seriously.

I've just had first hand proof that programmers are in such demand in games, they will fucking take any idiot. I'm not a programmer so I have to deal with fewer opportunities and a tighter job market.

I now believe in Karma, reincarnation and all that bullshit. I guess I must have thrown the spear in a previous life.

BRB. going to the basement carpark and scream in my car for 5 minutes. That usually helps. Its at times like this when hating alcohol really sucks.

tl;dr Jesus Titty Fucking Christ.

Whatever the fuck is next?!

and scene.

Thanks for the responses guys!

He already has a degree in film production, so he wanted to tie it in with that. He says that as much as he wants to do programming, majoring in animation would probably be more useful as far as film goes.

The most disappointing thing of the evening is finding out McDonalds don't have free water any more.

It was good water though.

Hey, it was technically free. With an ice cream purchase :p

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dancing the night away just for the hell of it.

Fun times at BrisGAF thanks for coming and making me feel welcome in Brisbane!

bobot

Neo Member
Today I sent the only woman who supported me and loved me for who I am to the local psych ward for evaluation after she threatened self harm during a terrible episode.

She was screaming hatred as they carted her off in the ambulance.

I pray to Jebus that no-one ever has to go through something like this. Ever.

Good night gaf. Enjoy your squabbling over npd's and console wars, fuck you to the shills and trolls, cram it sideways to the defenders of things they know nothing about and to the real gamers out there , the true fans if the one hobby I've carried through my entire life. I wish you the best of luck.

I'm unsure of what the future will bring.
But it's gotta be better than the past

Bobot

Oh lawd.

Nice. I've played the Ashes game. Anything would be better than that. I like the look of the third person view.

Why aren't you going?
I was working.

D:

Was fun though! Bought some overpriced drinks, played ps4, had delicious Korean food.
Sounded like fun. I would be jealous if there were photos proving all this.

The most disappointing thing of the evening is finding out McDonalds don't have free water any more.

It was good water though.
I thought all business had to provide (at least) free tap water to anyone that asks for it?

Bobot
All the best, bobot. Doing the right thing often feels like the worst; I'm not sure why, it doesn't make sense. You've made the first steps of helping someone you love and for that, at some point in the future, you will be thankful for. Once again, all the best for what is ahead.

Mondy

Banned
The Darkness II on 360/PS3 is $9 at EB, new copies as well as pre-owned

The Darkness II steamkey is $6 from GMG with GMG25-XI6UI-D5GBQ coupon
London 2012: The Official Video Game steamkey is $2 from GetGames

Rayman Jungle Run is 99c on Windows Phone

GameFly steamkeys with GFDDEC20 coupon
Skullgirls for $6
How To Survive for $6
Dungeon Hearts for $1.30
Foul Play for $6
Hotline Miami for $2.70
Serious Sam 3 for $4.80
Shadow Warrior 2013 for $8

I just paid fucking 11 dollars for Hotline Miami on Vita like half an hour ago. Fuck my life man.

Motherfuckers.
I thought it was illegal to refuse basic drinking water? Especially at places like McD.

Wassa MSR?
Ah mainstream radio sorry. The shit piped into clothes shops and fish & chip shops.

Usually has a variation of BayFM/CoastFM/MixFM/GnarlyFM or something.

They enjoy playing what sounds like the same song all day long. It's painful.

Today I sent the only woman who supported me and loved me for who I am to the local psych ward for evaluation after she threatened self harm during a terrible episode.

Bobot
Damn dude, hope she gets the help she needs and improves.

Hope today things are nicer to all involved.

Danoss

I'm sorry you had to do such a thing, but I'm glad you did what was necessary for her health and safety. I hope she gets the help she needs, and I'm sure your love and support will help her through this.

I thought it was illegal to refuse basic drinking water? Especially at places like McD.

I thought so too, but as much as I've encountered it has been this way for many years. I recall as a child when my mum needed some water to take some medication when we were out shopping. At the McDonald's on the food court, she was asked to make a purchase before they would provide her with any water.

It still irritates me remembering when going to a concert at the Hordern and bringing a bottle of water along with me. Before entering, I was made to dispose of the bottle even though it was unopened. Inside the cost of a bottle of water was like $5 for the smallest bottle of water I have ever seen, I didn't even know they made them this small, maybe 150mL. The friends I made on the way in commented, "enjoying your shot of water?"

Dead Man

Good night gaf. Enjoy your squabbling over npd's and console wars, fuck you to the shills and trolls, cram it sideways to the defenders of things they know nothing about and to the real gamers out there , the true fans if the one hobby I've carried through my entire life. I wish you the best of luck.

Bobot
Damn. Sorry you had to do that, shit is not fucking fair sometimes. All the best to you and yours.
I think it is only licensed venues. Could be wrong, probably varies from state to state.

Pfft, breaking news from 4 days ago? You crazy.

Edit: Unless you mean the ebay auction and prices, in which case, link better ;)

Heh, I linked to it earlier today but the prices have started getting higher in the last few hours and the population has skyrocketed, making it harder to mine.

Also linking the first page so people get the whole story is best!
Also to avoid more 50/100ppp whining

Melbourne Star observation wheel opens in a few days, tickets are $32 :(

I was expecting similar pricing to the Eureka tower, but 32 bucks is overpriced.

Woah, how tall are you?

They will have a ton of discount tickets of the holiday break I bet.

Also imma guess 5'8" for Lexi.
EDIT: Damn it >_< I thought you were shorter than me Laf!

The 2017 Holden Commodore will be made in China

To gain approval to develop a new Commodore, General Motors did a top-secret deal with Holden to pair the next generation sedan with a Buick that was originally exclusive to the Chinese market.

Documents obtained by News Corp Australia confirm every Holden fan's worst nightmare: the next generation Commodore will be a front-wheel-drive car powered by a four-cylinder engine.

When asked why Holden would continue with the Commodore badge given that the 2017 version bears no resemblance to the models before it, a Holden insider said: "It's easier to explain to buyers that something has changed about a car they know, than to say 'Here's the new Holden XYZ'."

The 2017 Commodore will lose its practical box-shaped body and instead take on sleek styling cues from Europe.

The shift away from traditional cars is so strong that there will be no wagon version of the new Commodore for the first time ever.

lolololol

This thing will be a fucking efigy if they try and sell it here

markot

Banned
Why dont they just sell the Holden brand and what nots? Its not like its big anywhere but in Australia, and it aint gonna sell if its made in china.

Why dont they just sell the Holden brand and what nots? Its not like its big anywhere but in Australia, and it aint gonna sell if its made in china.

Well yeah, that's not a bad idea really. If the brand doesn't do well with the refresh by 2021 I would expect them to sell it to Kia or someone.

Jintor

man church weddings sure have a lot of religion in them

can't we just have the love and faithfulness bits and forget the nailed to the cross bits? i'm not a big fan of those bits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom