• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

So this just happened…

wVEq1H1.jpg

Tearaway for $20 is a goddamn steal. You DO need to buy a separate memory stick to run US games though so if you are planning on ONLY buying PSN games through US you will be fine. Local digital price was $33 at launch though so I'm fine staying AU PSN since I already have like 30 Vita games through AU PS+ :)

GOTY for me would be GTA5 or Black Flag I guess. Both games are insanely high quality with tons of content and a hundred hours of great fun.

8.png

Free postage from Dan Murphy's if you live in metro areas, EDM1213

$10 off any item at Big W online with code 10OFFBR (still need to pay $5 postage though!)

$5 off any $30 spend at Liquorland! Also have a buy one, get one free deal on Kopparberg cider!

Xbox Live Marketplace holiday sale is starting!
Wreckateer, Freefall Racers, Fruit Ninja Kinect or Mini Ninjas Adventures for 99c!

The Walking Dead first Episode is FREE, the other 4 eps are $1.68 for GOLD members

Seems like the Capcpom/Marvel(Disney) deal is over and we have been given the heads up that content will be taken off the store soon!
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $3.74, get it before they take it down!
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcpom 3 for $8.49, get it before they take it down!
Alt costumes for Ultimate MvC3 are also 75% off. Value pack of 47 costumes is $4.98 (doesn't include Jill/Shuma obv).

Xmen Origins Wolverine for $9.88 (challenge room DLC is 99c)
Xmen Destiny for $16

Castle of Illusion is $7.47! Shove it to SEGA by paying half price for an Aussie made game!

Snack on cashews.
Soya crisps are also nice, but again pretty pricey
Walnuts are better, much healthier and cheaper than both cashews and macadamias.
Thanks for the advice guys! Mainly need it to ease me into cutting back my intake. Just so fucking hungry all the time despite not needing it. Damn brain. Ate a bunch of 3 month old cookies last night :/

Used to munch on popcorn last time we tried to lose weight but they are boring and I started putting butter/icing sugar on them :(

brooklynninenine.gif
Fuck yes! Forgot about that. They are on break until next year so it slipped out of my mind. So good. :)

PS. Rep, hope you got that exploitable game from US PSN. It's been taken down already.
Fuck no :(

:(

GOY for me. Tough.

GTA V was great this year. Also enjoyed Gunslinger. Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite (they were 2013 yeah?) were also great.

GTA V probably.

That reminds me, I need to organise my Steam wishlist for my work's Steam Sale Secret Santa.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Would need to sit down and give it some serious thought.

But contenders:

Animal Crossing
Mario 3D World
Pokemon X

possibly missing a few.

at this point it'll likely be Animal Crossing.

Stackboy

QUESTACON, POWERHOUSE MUSEUM, SCIENCE WORKS, INVESTIGATOR SCIENCE CENTRE.

can some one who has been to all 4 confirm or deny their similarities

This person would be my hero.

We should do an AusGaf GOTY. Too many titles to pick from though...

Without a doubt, Spelunky. I have it on 3 platforms and its my addiction. 2012's 2013 GOTY is Borderlands 2, because I still played a helluva lot of it.

r1chard

Well, this is embarrassing.

I can't GOTY because I haven't actually played and liked game that came out this year. Thanks to my backlog, I've been happy enough waiting for new releases to come down in price before buying them... and I've spent a lot of time playing alphas of games I've backed in Kickstarter etc.

Deeku

the last of us is probably my goty. zelda is pretty good too. i played the crap out of animal crossing for a good 4 months but ehhhhh. that's about all i really remember lol

Fire Emblem and Etrian Odyssey 4 for me!

Today I seethed for like 15 minutes that we still don't have a date for Shin Megami Tensei IV yet.

Not sure how I'd rank them but the contenders for me are

Etrian Odyssey IV
The Last of Us
Fire Emblem
Zelda: ALBW
Metal Gear Rising

Still need to finish 3D World, Dragons Crown and much to my shame I've had The Wonderful 101 shrink wrapped on my shelf for the last 3 months.

Also, I've gotta go back and finish GTA V. I'm not sure if I was enjoying it that much. Like, the idea of everything I was doing was super cool but I wasn't having that much fun in practice. Maybe I've become jaded over the years.

So this just happened…

Seems like a pretty fair enough response. No deal making that left some question marks over the Bombers punishment.
The Sharks have been on the verge of financial ruin for a while. I know they had that property deal that was meant to save them, but a $1m fine (well $600k) probably won't leave them in a good spot.

GOTY for me has to be GTA. Which I haven't finished. I've been compeltely distracted by XB1. Speaking of which Forza is probably second for me. They're the two that jump to mind straight away at least

without having started Mario 3D Land or Zelda ALBW (though I have both)

TLOU was a good game, great story and characters, well made, but got so grim that I don't ever really want to think about it. Like watching Threads on a loop.

GTAV was the best GTA game I've played so far. Only one I ever finished without cheats. But no. We can't complain about AAA games pandering to 13 year olds by praising a game that does just that.

Bioshock Infinite. I loved that game. It is also highly pretentious in places. I did find that first violent bit jarring. But I find the brouhaha that erupted silly- Bioshock was always a brutal series.

Lego City Undercover- Loved it. But it had long loading times so 'bzzzzzzz'

Luigi's Mansion 2. Best Alan Wake game so far. Apart from one or two boss levels that went on (Stairs) and lack of checkpoints this was great.

Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD. Holy crap this was great. But it's still a game released in 2002. I recall playing Metroid Prime, then for some reason Enter the Matrix, then this just after I first went to E3. memories.

Not in consideration but I enjoyed my time with nevertheless:
Sly Cooper 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Rayman Legends, Marvel Superheroes, Tomb Raider, Angry Birds Star Wars.

I'm giving it provisionally to Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

after the abomination that was ACIII, itself coming after the lacklustre Revelation, ACIV has managed to be even more fun that ACII or Brotherhood (which I loved but never would have called them as my own GOTY).

Perhaps because it doesn't dwell on the modem stuff, perhaps it has a more charismatic lead in Edward Kenway. Perhaps because it fulfils the promise of the 2002 game Pirates Legend of the Black Cat (I really like that game despite it having some rough edges).

I may end up liking Mario 3D more

Brought to you by Schick
schick-hydro-main.jpg

Dryk

Hmm, which games from this year have I actually played...

Things that are eligible

3DS:
Fire Emblem Awakening
Luigis Mansion 2
Pokemon X
Picross e2 & e3
Mighty Switch Force 2

Wii U:
Pikmin 3

PC:
Magic 2014
Foul Play
Rogue Legacy
Runner 2
Bioshock Infinite
Papers, Please
Antichamber
The Swapper
Brothers

Things that would be contenders previously if I'd played them on time:
Rayman Origins
Super Mario 3D Land
Deadly Premonition
Trine 2
Bastion

It's a really tough call out of all of those. I haven't played a single thing that came out this year I haven't liked. Gut instinct says to give it to Rogue Legacy, Antichamber or Papers, Please but I have no idea.

That said I'm going to start Stanley Parable this week so who knows.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
So the local IGA won't sell Condoms for religious reasons, what a crock.

Kritz

Banned
Feels good to go from "hey I have a dumb idea" to having your dumb idea in an early prototype stage.

For my burger game, I thought it'd be cool if users can carry around notepads to write down customer orders on. I booted up unity, and looked into how to modify textures at runtime. Worked out how to get the screen position into texture position, then created a way that I can set up any material in the game to be drawn upon.

Took about three to four hours of work to go from inception to being able to draw, in real time, on (somewhat) arbitrary surfaces in the game.

.. also it's really hard to draw in first person.

So the local IGA won't sell Condoms for religious reasons, what a crock.
I'm surprised IGA still exists. I only ever see old people and rednecks going there for their shopping.

Feels good to go from "hey I have a dumb idea" to having your dumb idea in an early prototype stage.

For my burger game, I thought it'd be cool if users can carry around notepads to write down customer orders on. I booted up unity, and looked into how to modify textures at runtime. Worked out how to get the screen position into texture position, then created a way that I can set up any material in the game to be drawn upon.

Took about three to four hours of work to go from inception to being able to draw, in real time, on (somewhat) arbitrary surfaces in the game.

.. also it's really hard to draw in first person.

GREAT IDEA

Customers have to go up to a whiteboard next to the counter and draw what kind of burger they want. They are scored on penmanship. The shittier the drawing the more money they have to pay!

DO IT.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
The fuck? I thought this kinda shit was confined to bible belt states in America?

Thought so too, my friend she went and tried to buy some and go told they were 'bad'.

So she's complaining.

I'm surprised IGA still exists. I only ever see old people and rednecks going there for their shopping.

It's the most prominent 'second' grocery store here after Coles and Woolies. We don't have ALDI or 7-Eleven.

Dead Man

Just finished watching it then.

Goddamn that was brutal.

I wonder what range of STDs they stock in their place.

V16sRdk.jpg
LOL

IGA's here are either really dingy and shit, or awesome and full of really yummy niche food. Just moved and my local one was the latter, now it is the former :/

Seems like the Capcpom/Marvel(Disney) deal is over and we have been given the heads up that content will be taken off the store soon!
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $3.74, get it before they take it down!
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcpom 3 for $8.49, get it before they take it down!
Alt costumes for Ultimate MvC3 are also 75% off. Value pack of 47 costumes is $4.98 (doesn't include Jill/Shuma obv).

Hopefully these drops will also hit our PSN, since I've got the game on Triple. Would probably buy Jill and Shuma. Hell, put the Vita version at that price and I'll double dip just to have it on my Pocket Mortal Kombat and Final Fantasy Machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom