• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
Me and aargle have found a little corner near the front, to the right coming in. Might move if a table frees up, we're kinda just chilling on one of the low wall things.

Am I the only one who continuously has problems with the Club Nintendo survey forms?

Just received an email reminding me to do the survey for Mario 3D World (which I'd purchased as a download). So, I opened it in Firefox, went through the whole thing, and after the final question.....it sent me to the postplay_submit.do page, but that didn't then shunt me my Club Nintendo account page. Instead, it just stayed where it was, just showing a blank blank white page. While it seemed like it'd submitted the thing, the survey still showed up in my Club Nintendo page as needing to be done. I tried a few other shorter surveys for (3rd party) download games I'd purchased over Christmas, and those worked fine, so it's not the web browser. Still tried in 2 other browsers (Chrome and IE) to be sure, and got the same in them. Chrome showed a blank white page, IE showed a 404 error page.

Does anyone else get these issues? Any idea what it might be?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
As I feared, I just got stood up. I got a apology at least, shame she made me miss a AusGAF meet-up, but what's life without a little risk? at least I have a good story to tell now.

As I feared, I just got stood up. I got a apology at least, shame she made me miss a AusGAF meet-up, but what's life without a little risk? at least I have a good story to tell now.

Stick with it, Laf. Shit sucks, but there's always the next time. Don't get hung up on the one person. Plenty more out there. And give Tinder a try! Short form and you already have that mutual attraction to start the chat off from.

Deeku

but laf, you've got mad dance floor skills, and the willingness to approach randoms reading books, why u need online dating?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Stick with it, Laf. Shit sucks, but there's always the next time. Don't get hung up on the one person. Plenty more out there. And give Tinder a try! Short form and you already have that mutual attraction to start the chat off from.
I'm pretty sure shes more into me then I am with her at this stage. As she is quite insistent about setting a another date. I'm not sure if I'll bother with that offer though. I may be incredibly laidback about this stuff, but if I did it to her she'd have every right to cut contact with me. Not sure if a double-standard should be endorsed in this context

I'm pretty sure shes more into me then I am with her at this stage. As she is quite insistent about setting a another date. I'm not sure if I'll bother with that offer though. I may be incredibly laidback about this stuff, but if I did it to her she'd have every right to cut contact with me. Not sure if a double-standard should be endorsed in this context

BAIL. Delete her number and move on.

Oh yeah. I meant stick with the putting yourself out there. Stuff giving her a second chance.

Damnit, be good parents guys and girls!
Makes me super sad to hear stuff like this. Don't give up on your kids. They are a part of your flesh and blood, give them your heart and soul and you can work something out.

Fuck going to work tomorrow. Enjoying my only decent Xmas present right now and would prefer to drink this scotch well into the night rather than be responsible :/

Die Hard is the only fucking Christmas movie. That and Jingle All the Way.
Oh fuck yes, totally forgot about that. Will have to add it into the rotation, so bad it's so good.

Gonna watch the new Big Fat Quiz Of The Year tonight though. Expectations are fucking high since last year had me ROFL for pretty much the entire 90 minutes. Best entertainment of the year :)

Community choice proves that democracy just. doesn't. work.
Also #AbbottsAustralia

Yay, lets all tip our doctors! Didn't they do this shit in the past in hard economic times? Unofficial taxes? Next thing we will have to pay $5 for the luxury of filling up our motor cars!

I hope my Epimas gift isn't too far away for the person I've chosen.
The website sending out the Epimas gift I gave had an issue where not everyone who paid had received them. It seems that both me and the recipient were one of those. I just had to put my email address in this morning to prod the website to resend them and it seems to be working.

One person here should receive an email from Epiclaus entitled "Your Epimas Gift". Please let me know that you have received it and be sure to look at Spin the Beetle, it's amazing and wrong (hence the subtitle 'A wrong party game for wrong parties'.
Oh wow, thanks dude! Just checked my email today, came through Friday I think.

Also that last line in Spin the Beetle is uncomfortableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

They seem like fun little ice breaker RPG's. I especially like the idea of Superhero Bakery lol. Revenant was a good read also.

You probably haven't watched Kate Bush's 1979 Christmas special yet. Worry not, there's still just under two hours left! Consider this your yearly reminder.
Pretty sure you linked that last year dude!

To celebrate Christmas, you can't just watch Die Hard without playing the PC game of the same name, released by Dynamix in 1990. Woo!
That game was so balls. Must have knocked it up in a weekend.

Die Hard Trilogy on PSOne was the beez neez though. Aside from DH3, the crappiness goes well with that movie though
jk it's not a crappy movie, just a flawed, dull one

I got a video game for christmas... My top 10 games of 2013 may in fact contain a video game!
How is it so far? Kinda wishing I grab it rather than 3D World which hasn't blown me away yet :(

Also, check this: TxK

So I guess there's a small chance it could get approved and be available before NYD. In which case, two games!
Pretty keen to get this since I don't have Luminares yet. At this point I want to go 100% digital too since games load up so damn slickly on the Vita OS.

Give it a few months and there might be some cheap tear-stained signed copies on ebay when sony shuts down meda molecule
Nah it was made by 4 people dude. Just a vanity project for the art director really. Sales are low but Sony won't be swinging the axe considering the critical acclaim, Sony love them critical darlings.

Anchorman 2 was a slight step down from the original but still funny which is the most important matter. Come at me dishwasherlove n Jables
Awesome, all the reviews were basically, "It's Anchorman, but again", so I wasn't too worried :)

MelbGAF - 29 Dec, Sunday

3 PM til whenever

Venue: beer deluxue
Attendees:

Whoever
Quote to confirm enthusiasm
Can't make it despite enthusiasm sorry dude :(

Hoping to make a trip in Jan though! To Melbourne. Not Tas sorry :(

The cons of reading a kindle is it limits your approachability in public.. with a real book when read at a public place such as a cafe, at the very least you have the increased chance of someone approaching you because they have read the book.. possibly getting a date or making a new friend in the process!
zkz7z38ud0.gif

More of a Chinese guy myself. Walked by china town or... Alley or whatever, but wasn't bus per hungry at the time.

Saw a guy who looked and sounded remarkably like Dean Hall, but was too pussy to approach him in fear of being wrong. He seemed to recognise my giant bomb shirt? I dunno.
Man, I would eat a fucking duck to get some peking duck around here. The father-in-law does a good chinese banquet with it as the centrepiece dish whenever we have an adults birthday dinner at their place. Now I'm damn hungry and all I got for dinner was damn vegetables and chick peas >_<

Also Dean Hall was in NZ the last few days, pretty sure he was flying back via Sydney from doing something with Bohemian, can't recall exactly what I read.

sounds terrifying

anyway, I accidently bought a second copy of Batman: The Long Halloween because I forgot that I already bought the Long Halloween like four years ago
Don't forget it and a bunch of other awesome TPB's are $6 at Comixology for the next few days!

<sees outrage amongst the public over the suggestion that we should provide a few squat toilets here and there>
... every day I look around me and ask who these people are and what they've done with the countrymen I thought I had...
I dunno which would be worse, squatting or having toilet water meticulously clean my bottom after a poop!

Probably prefer squat for now, once my knees turn to shit in a few years time I'll take the enema thanks!

im adding a bunch o yall on steam cos i started playing some steam recently and realised i have no friends. so yeah, look out for an anime avatar friendship request!
Added! Let us know what other games you could be into, plenty of us have tons of keys sitting around doing nothing.

Anxiety about online dating.
19lgzld9ps9l.gif

Sorry dude that totally sucks, especially if she didn't give you enough notice.
Dating is the law of average unfortunately, you will find plenty of great people along the way!

Best to continue online contact for a month/more rather than nail down another IRL meeting, ease into it slower and make it a less official IRL meeting too. Like just going for a shared interest or walk along a street or some shit. That's even if you still want to lead her along in that fashion though of course.

I dunno, I never did any of that stuff really lol

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Sorry to hear that Laf :(

Why must people flake out? They're on there for a reason dammit!

How's the melbgaf meetup going?

Gonna watch the new Big Fat Quiz Of The Year tonight though. Expectations are fucking high since last year had me ROFL for pretty much the entire 90 minutes. Best entertainment of the year :)

Watched it Friday night!
Was pretty good but I thought last year was probably better. The combo of Jack Whitehall and James Corden can't be beaten. Also thought Richard Ayoade was still hilarious but not as crazy and random as last year.

The highlight was when a certain celebrity came into the studio to ask a question.

I watched a few of the last decades on YouTube a few months ago, amazing laughs. Also

Noel Fielding with Richard Ayoade COUNT ME IN
YUP loved their combo in 2010, we were lucky and got them again last year in one of the decade episodes. Best comedic paring around at the moment.

I have that on cartridge as well as a freebie via PS+. You want my cart?
Nahhhhhhhhh thanks for the offer but want to go DD with it. Love the 64GB mem card, means I can chop and change between games when I feel like it :)

Watched it Friday night!
Was pretty good but I thought last year was probably better. The combo of Jack Whitehall and James Corden can't be beaten.
The most amazing thing is that everyone is usually hilarious, you don't really get weak links which makes it hard to find a chance to breath between all the laughing!

I know Shaneus has said it before, but it bears repeating: Play The Stanley Parable demo, it's fucking hilarious. Easily the best demo I've ever played, the content is totally exclusive to the demo, so no spoilers either.

Kritz

Banned
Cheers to aon, brad, Arne and aargle who showed up to the meet. Was a good time. Nice beer, nice weather, banana got served. A great day.

Hope we didn't scare you off too bad, aargle. Its not the easiest thing to be able to jump into a group of four guys who kinda know each other pretty well. Thanks for showing up for the while.

It was great to meet everyone. :)

I knew before I went that I could only stay until around 5pm so it wasn't OH DEAR OH DEAR ABORT ABORT upon meeting you all. :)

Kritz

Banned
Again, you should join the irc sometime. Or steam chat if you have that on your hot Linux machine.

Get to know us idiots and our weird personalities some more. These thread dwellers can be total garbage at the best of time.

Just kidding.

Our personalities aren't that weird.

But if you don't have any retail games at all you can just leave it in there like I do with P4G (and literally never play).

I already have P4G and Killzone retail though! Annoying enough swapping between them lol

Also have Ridge Racer but on the verge of just tossing that in the bin lol

Danoss

Oh wow, thanks dude! Just checked my email today, came through Friday I think.

Also that last line in Spin the Beetle is uncomfortableeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol

They seem like fun little ice breaker RPG's. I especially like the idea of Superhero Bakery lol. Revenant was a good read also.

Rad! I was getting worried it didn't make it through for some reason.

Dest Devils and Full Moon do have a lot more meat to them, as it seems Anima Prime does too. The rest are much lighter and easier to get into. Some I have heard of already and I've only been able to give the rest a quick glance. Nanoworld and Vast and Starlit had been rather difficult to get up until the release of this bundle, so it's nice to finally be able to see them.

My brother (who has been staying here since Christmas Eve and leaves tomorrow) gave me a strange look when I reacted so positively to Superhero Bakery. I saw the name and said "I have to see what this is about", followed soon after by, "oh wow, this is fantastic!" I explained what it was and he didn't think it sounded good at all. How can anyone not be amused to even think about Skeletor being forced to decorate cakes or mop the floor?

Revenant in particular is something that looks and sounds fantastic, I look forward to giving more than the skim I gave it earlier. I really like a good 2-player RPG. I love Murderous Ghosts and really want to see what little tricks Revenant uses to evoke the good RP.

My brother (who has been staying here since Christmas Eve and leaves tomorrow) gave me a strange look when I reacted so positively to Superhero Bakery. I saw the name and said "I have to see what this is about", followed soon after by, "oh wow, this is fantastic!" I explained what it was and he didn't think it sounded good at all. How can anyone not be amused to even think about Skeletor being forced to decorate cakes or mop the floor?

trying to explain why space ghost coast to coast is so hilarious is hard also.

I bought some heavily discounted games off steam for the first time in ages
Blood Dragon/ Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Torchlight 2
Gunpoint

I also want Stanley Parable, Gone Home and Papers Please. They're around $10 but I might as well hang out for $5.

There's going to be a big of a drought of big games between until march so I'm stocking up. Thinking of SRIV, Prototye 2 and Oblivion (I only played it for a bit on console back in 2006)

also- When I started 3D world the other day, I decided to go and give Mario Bros U another go and have been playing that instead for the last few days, I think it bothers me when I don't finish Mario and Zelda games (I never finished NSMB, NSMB Wii, Galaxy 1, TP or SS). so 3d World and ALBW will have to wait.

also also- I have idea what is going on in this thread. It reads like a girl's anime. I even make the awkward embarrased grunting noises while I read it.

Shaneus

GET THE STANLEY PARABLE DEMO FFS

It's free and contains 100% different content to the full game. And it will make you buy the full game regardless of price.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS TO PEOPLE? ARGH.

Maybe now it's because Clive is a "stupid American" or something.

GET THE STANLEY PARABLE DEMO FFS

It's free and contains 100% different content to the full game. And it will make you buy the full game regardless of price.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS TO PEOPLE? ARGH.

Maybe now it's because Clive is a "stupid American" or something.

say it again, baby.

The sale still has a few more days, that and I have some some serious Nintendo to get through first so no rush.

Yeah I gotta play this 3D Mario thingy first people I play that critically acclaimed indie title Shaneus. Once I've digested the pretty colours and nostalgia barbs I'll be in the mood for a fresh, new video game experience.

Jintor

Fucking netflix doesn't accept non-US paypal fucking fuck this region locking bullshit i shouldn't have to work so fucking hard to give people money

because it was in your wishlist and on sale.

merry xmas rep.

Awwwwwwwwwwww yussssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

YUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Thanks bro! I'm gonna haul ass tonight! I better grab the cheapest bottle of cola I can find to mix with my cheapass scotch for the drive!

Quasar

Fucking netflix doesn't accept non-US paypal fucking fuck this region locking bullshit i shouldn't have to work so fucking hard to give people money

Dunno about paypal, but they accepted my nab credit card just fine.

I actually wonder whether netflix will crack down on all this if the rumoured Netflix Australia are true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom