• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Oh, I know what you said... no need to repeat it!

It's okay, Kritz. I don't care that you (or anyone else) is Chinese. I love everybody. Not that Jintor though, sounds like he hates Chinese people.

;) - just in case people honestly got the wrong idea!

Cracking open the first beer of a new batch is awesome. Will it taste like I planned? Did I screw something up? Luckily, today the answers are: pretty much and not really (in that order).

If you like mexican, goto Guzman y Gomez on swanston and get a burrito
Also, Mad Mex is literally across the road!

if you like Mexican, go to mamasita. different class mind.
Mamasita is by far the best Mexican in Melbourne, and has been for ages. If you can get in. I'm still partial to Paco's Tacos but IMO they've dropped a bit in quality in the past 6 months.

Jintor

If you read Haruki Murakami or Neil Gaiman at a hipster cafe. I guarantee a hot hipster girl will start eyeing you.

sounds terrifying

anyway, I accidently bought a second copy of Batman: The Long Halloween because I forgot that I already bought the Long Halloween like four years ago

r1chard

What a lovely day. BBQ and boardgames at a mate's place. We played my terrible Uncharted boardgame (would need a bunch of work to make it playable, let alone fun) and then we played about a half dozen games of Dominion using the base set, Intrigue, Seaside and Prosperity. One of the games was called the Troll Deck and all 10 of the cards in it were attacking cards. Much fun :)

Shaneus

Okay, who voted for Dream on Steam? I wanted Deadly Premonition damnit :(

another game I wouldn't play anyway, you probably did me a favour

If you read Haruki Murakami or Neil Gaiman at a hipster cafe. I guarantee a hot hipster girl will start eyeing you.

What I ordered today coincidentally

e18704e8e2.png

Dryk

<sees outrage amongst the public over the suggestion that we should provide a few squat toilets here and there>
... every day I look around me and ask who these people are and what they've done with the countrymen I thought I had...

Okay, who voted for Dream on Steam? I wanted Deadly Premonition damnit :(

another game I wouldn't play anyway, you probably did me a favour
I voted for it...

markot

Banned
Squat toilets are stupid. I'd join one nation in a second to stop that shit.

Hey hey ho ho
Squat toilets have got to go

Squat toilets are stupid. I'd join one nation in a second to stop that shit.

Hey hey ho ho
Squat toilets have got to go

It feels weird to agree with markot, but I agree with markot. Except for the One Nation bit.

I vote no to living in constant fear of crapping on the floor

Arksy

I went to Turkey for three weeks recently, a country that when I went previously almost exclusively used squat toilets.

I was so glad that this time around, 10 years later, they had almost wholly replaced their squat toilets with what they call alafranka tvaulets....which is our type I guess.

So I didn't have to use a single one...even in some of the more remote parts of the country.

They're definitely doing their part in the war against squat toilets.

lexi

Banned
Squat toilets - regardless of feelings towards them - is actually a healthier and more natural way to defecate.

I don't think there's actually conclusive evidence of this. Any evidence I've seen is usually traced back to sources who sell or profit off people shitting differently.

I don't think there's actually conclusive evidence of this. Any evidence I've seen is usually traced back to sources who sell or profit off people shitting differently.
There's definitely evidence to illustrate that the anorectal angle during squatting allows a more natural and strain free exit of defecate when compared to traditional toilets. There was also research that I read many years ago about instances of cancer and disease/dysfunction in countries that have predominate use of squat toilets vs western ones; I'm not sure if there has been recent evidence to the contrary or in support of this.

Just purely using my own reasoning, it makes sense that we were designed to defecate in that position, much like most other animals.

Either way, I'm not really fond of squatting over a shithole in the ground.

Kritz

Banned
MELB GAF - TOMORROW, 3PM til Whenever

BEER DELUXUE, fed square, across from the train station

PEOPLE:
Dunno

I'm on a phone so can't really format a nicer looking post.

I forget who from this thread signed up. Quote if you're still rolling.

MELB GAF - TOMORROW, 3PM til Whenever

BEER DELUXUE, fed square, across from the train station

PEOPLE:
Dunno

I'm on a phone so can't really format a nicer looking post.

I forget who from this thread signed up. Quote if you're still rolling.
I can go for a couple of hours. :)

Deeku

im adding a bunch o yall on steam cos i started playing some steam recently and realised i have no friends. so yeah, look out for an anime avatar friendship request!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
here's michaelas boobs enjoying her christmas presents i just gave to her :)

a pretty new collar, and a blanket made by my nana for her.

1524781_626693730720612_1651648610_n.jpg

1499461_626692937387358_510434118_n.jpg

here's michaelas boobs enjoying her christmas presents i just gave to her :)

a pretty new collar, and a blanket made by my nana for her.

1524781_626693730720612_1651648610_n.jpg

1499461_626692937387358_510434118_n.jpg
Stop it Holy, you're killing me here.

I'm doing that thing where I watched the test all day and am now watching the BBL tonight. God bless summer

Arksy

Speaking of PC stuff, I've got a 1440p monitor in the mail. (Christmas Pressie)

I'm probably going to need to upgrade my 6950 1gb to something, question is...what? :(

What a result. Stopped watching after Dunk got out. Followed it online. Can't believe it. Great chase.

An absolutely insane game. The Heat shouldn't have lost that one. Hobart just went nuts in the chase. I am really enjoying the BBL being on FTA. Now if only someone can just kill off the one day game it will be perfect

An absolutely insane game. The Heat shouldn't have lost that one. Hobart just went nuts in the chase. I am really enjoying the BBL being on FTA. Now if only someone can just kill off the one day game it will be perfect

I still love a good one dayer. But I am enjoying the BBL on tellie.

Shaneus

Holy shitballs, Castle of Illusion is so much quality. Little animations are great, plays well and it looks beautiful.

Why Sega Australia, SoJ? Why?!?

Because without closing them, no AAC.

Kritz

Banned
I'll head down into the CBD soon. Will probably just wander for a bit and listen to bombcasts until 3. Then I'll head over to beer deluxe and probably get something to eat there. Last time I ordered food there they were pretty alright.

See some of you jerks soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom