• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

Late merry Xmas wishes y'all. My parents gave me a shovel, even though I don't own my own place and have no need for a shovel. Mum still doesn't accept that I love playing video games.

What is the site that tells you which games in your steam library have cards to collect?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Looks like I've got a date organised this sunday via OkCupid. Should be fun times, even if it means that I'm probably going miss KritzGAF in Melbourne since drinks there were apparently scheduled on the 29th!

I guess I'll have to thank my parents for not celebrating Christmas, as I wouldn't have made contact with this girl otherwise!

internet-high-five.jpg

markot

Banned
Looks like I've got a date organised this sunday via OkCupid. Should be fun times, even if it means that I'm probably going miss KritzGAF in Melbourne since drinks there were apparently scheduled on the 29th!

I guess I'll have to thank my parents for not celebrating Christmas, as I wouldn't have made contact with this girl otherwise!
Hope you survive.

Boxing Day beers are finished. Time for bed. Merry Christmas and holidays to all. Again. Jables Jnr has been feral these two days. Time to calm him down.

lexi

Banned
Late merry Xmas wishes y'all. My parents gave me a shovel, even though I don't own my own place and have no need for a shovel. Mum still doesn't accept that I love playing video games.

What is the site that tells you which games in your steam library have cards to collect?

A shovel?! You're joking, right? Who gets anyone a shovel?

I bought an iPod 5th gen. Wish I knew the 16gb only had a front facing camera but I'm not too fussed. My nexus 5 will be my "photo" camera. I'm really enjoying the snappiness of iOS but really missing the architecture and general feel of android 4+.

Got A Day To Remember - Common Courtesy and two Pixar shorts blurays from my girlfriend for Christmas! Got a gift card and $50 from folks which went towards the iPod.

iPod was $177 from Officeworks and they had changed the price but because the ticket was still $177 they had to charge it to me. :)

Shaneus

I've generally been pretty good with presents. I'm a highly empathetic person so any presents I'm given that I don't really like I just kinda feel sorry for whoever bought it for me because I can tell they made an effort anyway. It's usually my Mum or brother... but not all presents, usually just one or two.

I can never bare to part with them, either. I have a number of gifts I've never really used but couldn't bring myself to give away because I don't want to hurt their feelings about a gift they've likely completely forgotten they gave me anyway. How stupid.

But a shovel? That clearly shows no thought whatsoever. At least the stuff I was given had actually required effort.

The badges page should list all the games you have that have cards drops remaining. If you're looking for games with badges, approx. price etc...

Card Prices

Jintor

Everything that wasn't Matt Smith in that Christmas Special was not good. Jesus christ. If I were a more hardcore Doctor Who fan I'd be pretty pissed.

Well, Clara's actress was okay but she realllly didn't have a lot to do apart from be the Doctor's designated companion at time of regen.

Merry Christmas guys!

We had a couple of road blocks (our fridge died overnight so Christmas day we woke up to warm rotting seafood, and then the kitchen sink got clogged and has been leaking ever since) but overall it was lovely :)

lol, well hopefully you'll get some use out of it down the track.

My dad has a habit of giving really random gifts as well. He got me a book about financial fraud, my boyfriend a book about caravans and my kid brother "Rich dad, poor dad".

Everything that wasn't Matt Smith in that Christmas Special was not good. Jesus christ. If I were a more hardcore Doctor Who fan I'd be pretty pissed.

Well, Clara's actress was okay but she realllly didn't have a lot to do apart from be the Doctor's designated companion at time of regen.

Agreed. I'm trying not to think about the stupid
deus ex
at the end. Because there are SO many ways that could have been done better.

Jintor

seafood christmas is best christmas. (exceptions for warm rotting seafood christmas)

/edit okay the 20 seconds of Capaldi was also rad

hamchan

Matt Smith's acting in the last 5 minutes of the ep was the best he has ever done on the show, probably because the emotions of saying goodbye were all genuine.

Also looking forward to the next season. It's pretty much a clean slate since every single loose thread from the Matt Smith run was wrapped up in that ep.

JMizzlin

Has anyone with an Xbox One changed regions to US and purchased something from your Microsoft wallet? I'm hoping to use my already accrued dollars instead of paypal.

Mar

What game?

Zelda A Link Between Worlds. I don't have a 3DS but Fiona knew I wanted to play it so she bought it for me to play on hers. I'm pretty sure it's going to be great. The hard part will be finding the time to play it with the lure of a pinball machine downstairs...

Also, check this:

So I guess there's a small chance it could get approved and be available before NYD. In which case, two games!

I'd love to play that, but isn't it Vita only? I've thought about picking up a Vita just for this game but I dunno... Jeff doesn't exactly have a 100% record for awesome games. But when he hits it, he hits it out of the park. I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one.

MelbGAF - 29 Dec, Sunday

3 PM til whenever

Venue: beer deluxue
Attendees:

Whoever
Quote to confirm enthusiasm
I am interested but not confirming, though also there are two Beer DeLuxe places. One in Federation Square and another in Hawthorn. Federation Square is the one, I assume?

Kritz

Banned
Yeah, the one in feddies. A block from the train station.

Or a street. I don't know if Melbourne blocks are bigger.

Anything fun to do in Melbourne while I'm here? Just arrived a few hours ago. Family's going out to the CBD to see some knobs. I might go down to mind games and minitor and buy a burger somewhere.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
MelbGAF - 29 Dec, Sunday

3 PM til whenever

Venue: beer deluxue
Attendees:

Whoever
Quote to confirm enthusiasm

Not Attending

Reason: I have a dinner date scheduled on that day.

I'll be there in spirit at least..

Shaneus

I'd love to play that, but isn't it Vita only? I've thought about picking up a Vita just for this game but I dunno... Jeff doesn't exactly have a 100% record for awesome games. But when he hits it, he hits it out of the park. I'm taking a wait and see approach on this one.
Ah yes, Vita only. And I would assume also Vita TV. It's supposed to be a souped-up version of Tempest 2000. Or a slightly dumbed-down Space Giraffe. Either/or ;)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it

Okcupid is great. I've heard many horror stories about it though. Especially the thread in community. But I met my bf there and he is fantastic so I say they're good haha.

We had a really nice Xmas. He came to my parents house. Got him a bottle of port and a herb garden. He got me a gift box from the body shop. It's so nice :eek:
And I got a tablet so I can put all my tafe learning guides on there. There will also be many many TV shows, songs and movies.

Good times. I'm so happy it's revolting

Danoss

The website sending out the Epimas gift I gave had an issue where not everyone who paid had received them. It seems that both me and the recipient were one of those. I just had to put my email address in this morning to prod the website to resend them and it seems to be working.

One person here should receive an email from Epiclaus entitled "Your Epimas Gift". Please let me know that you have received it and be sure to look at Spin the Beetle, it's amazing and wrong (hence the subtitle 'A wrong party game for wrong parties'.

Huh, learn something new every day! Thanks for sharing, tiger.

BTW Hope you had a good Christmas as well, especially with some of the stuff you've had thrown at you this year. Promise we'll catch up soon :)

Hope you did too mate! Looking forward to catching up at some point. Should really start putting money aside for PAX.

Huntsmans rock, and I wish I had one or two in my house to clean up all the other spiders making all the webs about the place.

UhXhhcu.jpg

So very true. They're my favourite spider and I'd welcome one to be in every room of my house. I'm glad I was able to convince my gran not to hit the huntsman with the spray or a thong after telling her that at the time.

While they don't make webs, they do have silk though and I have seen one use it. A mate of mine wanted to catch one for a pet and as he went to put a plastic container over it, the hunstman stuck some silk to the wall, bungeed off and hit the ground running. Lightning fast as always.

Belated Merry Christmas guys! Parents gave me a Kindle, which is awesome and what I asked for. But I got the first section of a six book Book Depository order on Christmas Eve. (I'm in the midst of a Hyperion Cantos binge it's amazing and decided to check out some Cormac McCarthy too). Sadly it could be a while before the Kindle gets used.

Sometimes I wish I had a Kindle but I also really like owning books. I don't think losing the physicality of a book would bother me so much as at the end of the day all I would have is a bunch of .epub files instead of a load of books on my shelf. And this seems slightly odd to me now thinking about how little I care about the same with music and films/TV.

Sometimes I wish I had a Kindle but I also really like owning books. I don't think losing the physicality of a book would bother me so much as at the end of the day all I would have is a bunch of .epub files instead of a load of books on my shelf. And this seems slightly odd to me now thinking about how little I care about the same with music and films/TV.

I have no plans on stopping buying books. Or accepting books as gifts (my family is a big books as gifts family) but the idea of having 40,000 books in my backpack constantly there is pretty appealing. And not having to worry about losing my place, which I do all the time.

Jintor

Kindle is greeeeeeeeat for travel. If you don't have a proper library, and some day I will have a room just for books, then that's what the kindle is for.

Also good for those generic fantasies you don't actually want on shelves because they're so generic they're... like... generic.

Real Books
Pro: Real Books

Kindle
Pro: Not Having to find shelf space on Christmas Day for your new books when you know damn well you ran out years ago and therefore having to choose which books are going to bet obscured when you double stack the new arrivals.

Real Books
Con: They're killing the planet, you monster.

Kindle
Con: Choosing a new book to read is neither as cool or as easy as standing in front of a bookshelf.

Real Books
Kindle
Pro: Not Having to find shelf space on Christmas Day for your new books when you know damn well you ran out years ago and therefore having to choose which books are going to bet obscured when you double stack the new arrivals.

This is actually a good point I didn't even think of. I have tetrised the crap out of my bookshelf and have since started just making piles of books on my bedside table/coffee table/beside my bed/pretty much everywhere.

This is actually a good point I didn't even think of. I have tetrised the crap out of my bookshelf and have since started just making piles of books on my bedside table/coffee table/beside my bed/pretty much everywhere.
Part of my liking for physical books is that I like to see my books. When I have so many that I've now got them in cupboards and stacked behind other books I'm left in the same position if I'm buying digitally. I can't see most of them (which is pretty much the same things as having them digitally) and they're taking up valuable space that I probably need to devote to other things... things that don't make me seem like I'm stockpiling books like a wizard on an episode of hoarders.

My last hold out was comics. But I've now moved to digital with them, too. Fuck single issues. Fuck them all.

Having said that, if I ever win the lotto, I'm buying a house that will let me have a huge room devoted to books. Floor to ceiling.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
The cons of reading a kindle is it limits your approachability in public.. with a real book when read at a public place such as a cafe, at the very least you have the increased chance of someone approaching you because they have read the book.. possibly getting a date or making a new friend in the process!

hamchan

Prefer Ebooks over normal books. I love reading books but I have no attachment to the physical form. What matters most to me is the text, the actual story and content inside a book and having a Kindle allows me to carry like a thousand books at once.

Many people here in the aus club nintendo? Got a bit bored today and registered everything I had lying round. From a quick google search it seems we get the worst deal of all the regions, is this about right? The only thing I was even vaguely interested in was the hanafuda cards, but am 750 points short. Does it get updated often?

Also got a spare code for starfox 3ds club points if anyone wants it.

Cruncho

Yeah, the one in feddies. A block from the train station.

Or a street. I don't know if Melbourne blocks are bigger.

Anything fun to do in Melbourne while I'm here? Just arrived a few hours ago. Family's going out to the CBD to see some knobs. I might go down to mind games and minitor and buy a burger somewhere.

If you like mexican, goto Guzman y Gomez on swanston and get a burrito

Kritz

Banned
If you like mexican, goto Guzman y Gomez on swanston and get a burrito
More of a Chinese guy myself. Walked by china town or... Alley or whatever, but wasn't bus per hungry at the time. Went to the market and ate a thing with beef and onions... Drank my 5th coffee of the day. Went into mind games and was skeeved out by some of the customers and their real condescending social interactions with the staff. One guy just being a total aggressive ponce. Left pretty soon after.

Saw a guy who looked and sounded remarkably like Dean Hall, but was too pussy to approach him in fear of being wrong. He seemed to recognise my giant bomb shirt? I dunno.

Now I kinda want to nap. Might go see hobberts tomorrow at the IMAX. Then beers Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom