• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

So found this on imgur as one of their "Best photos of 2013" or some shit. Enjoy:
yLGFiSH.jpg

YOLO dude.

No one cares about one day in the year. No need for an excuse to part and get shitfaced. Every day is YOLO day.
Damn fuckin' straight.

PS. Classic thread to finish up the year.

Deeku

I think I had pretty cool year, hoping 2014 will be cooler!

I'm gonna bum around at my parent's house and watch the jpop thing on nhk until it's time to go watch the fireworks.

r1chard

Ive only bought like 2 games in the steam sales.

Because the other 8 I tried to buy were already in my inventory >_<
Hah! I thought it was only me :)

I did finally get Tropico on sale, which is nice. I now have even more pre-2013 games in my backlog to play before I can get around to the 2013 releases. Yay!

Lots of Starbound in this house at the moment. Daughter says she intends to play it with me until midnight tonight :)

aniseed and I keep some what mentioning it / joking about it / what evs, but you should totally come over for a beer one day! as we live not far!
Whereabouts are you? I don't suppose you play boardgames as well? Actually, what I need to do is *organise* the next MelbGAF on a night I'm actually free, then I *know* I can go :) How do people feel about beer on Fridays after work? As enthusiastic as I am? Because I can be pretty enthusiastic about that ;)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hah! I thought it was only me :)

I did finally get Tropico on sale, which is nice. I now have even more pre-2013 games in my backlog to play before I can get around to the 2013 releases. Yay!

Lots of Starbound in this house at the moment. Daughter says she intends to play it with me until midnight tonight :)

Whereabouts are you? I don't suppose you play boardgames as well? Actually, what I need to do is *organise* the next MelbGAF on a night I'm actually free, then I *know* I can go :) How do people feel about beer on Fridays after work? As enthusiastic as I am? Because I can be pretty enthusiastic about that ;)

in mitcham, just off a main road that isnt whitehorse!! and yep, aniseed has quite the boardgame collection.

friday after work beers seem to be the usual go, as most of us are hard working IT types.

Could someone please link me to the genius eps on YouTube.

Yar.

My thoughts on the new ep of The Genius...

That was a great episode! Jinho reinforced my belief that he is the master. He notices everything! Shuffling the suns, stars and moons is frickin well... genius!
He also seemed to be the most honourable in standing by Eunkyul and getting upset by the others letting the spy's identity out. Jinho <3
I don't think I would've accepted Eunkyul's proposal in the first place (the betrayal sure but his demand being the specific choice of someone as the elimination candidate is a bit too far for me) but once your team has accepted it you should damn well honour it.

I don't know if it's what actually happened or was simply left out of the broadcast, but it seems to me Doohee never owned up to nodding to Yoonsun about Eunkyul being the spy.
Hongchul and Yooyoung both either let the identity out in front of many people or owned up to doing it while Doohee didn't say anything! I don't trust that guy.

Also that Hongchul! Tricking Eunkyul in the death match. That was a pivotal moment.

Stuff like that seems like they're just helping people they like whenever and I don't think that's the best way to play the game really. It is an interesting variable to watch though.

Can't wait till next week, it looks really good as well.

Jintor

I'm in a goddamn penthouse in milson's point watching pregame picks and bans for Dota2 on a giant home entertainment setup as it is being explained to a guy by a bunch of vets.

oipic

I haven't posted here in, well, maybe several months... but I READ EVERYTHING YOU GUYS EVER SAY (creepy?) - just wanted to de-lurk for long enough to wish you fine folks of AusGAF a great evening. Here's to a better and more wonderful 2014.

Cheers guys.

Shaneus

Host brought out a parrot. Awesome
Code:
C:\Users\Jintor>ping 127.0.0.1

Pinging 127.0.0.1 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 127.0.0.1: "parrot" time<1ms TTL=64
?

Not even funny :/

Mondy

Banned
2013 was a pretty good year for me, but alas, 2012 was NOT a hard act to follow.

Here's to a great 2014 for every AusGaffer.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Yar.

That was a great episode! Jinho reinforced my belief that he is the master. He notices everything! Shuffling the suns, stars and moons is frickin well... genius!
He also seemed to be the most honourable in standing by Eunkyul and getting upset by the others letting the spy's identity out. Jinho <3
I don't think I would've accepted Eunkyul's proposal in the first place (the betrayal sure but his demand being the specific choice of someone as the elimination candidate is a bit too far for me) but once your team has accepted it you should damn well honour it.

I don't know if it's what actually happened or was simply left out of the broadcast, but it seems to me Doohee never owned up to nodding to Yoonsun about Eunkyul being the spy.
Hongchul and Yooyoung both either let the identity out in front of many people or owned up to doing it while Doohee didn't say anything! I don't trust that guy.

Also that Hongchul! Tricking Eunkyul in the death match. That was a pivotal moment.

Stuff like that seems like they're just helping people they like whenever and I don't think that's the best way to play the game really. It is an interesting variable to watch though.

good thoughts:

i cbs spoilering so ill be vague

your first lines: agree completly. told rahk to watch out for that exact moment. it was genius.
as for other things. im developing a major crush on yoonsun.

edit: guys i think md is coming onto us

Watch a hillbilly parade. My ear drums are bleed from the fuckwits blowing their horns non stop.

Drove across town for 6 minutes of fireworks that looked similar to the last ten years worth of fireworks I've seen.

Fuck new years. I could have watched the last quarter of Into Darkness and drunk scotch.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Staying at the boyfriends and singing along to mindless self indulgence while drunk. With chocolate. On the floor. Best new years ever. Love you guys

Jake.

i never post in here since i really only post in OT, but happy new year everyone - also stuck at home since my girlfriend is overseas and i left organising something to do to the last minute (i.e. it didn't happen).

Staying at the boyfriends and singing along to mindless self indulgence while drunk. With chocolate. On the floor. Best new years ever. Love you guys

MSI sucks donkey balls but it inspired me to listen to Orgy, Reggie & The Full Effect and American Head Charge tonight.

Good shit.

Ah to be 16 again. Electro metal was so cool, wish bands still made music like that.

jambo

My favourites are softlygaloshes and TheWaterWhispers. Heather Feather is also great.

Also, I spent New Years at home, as the missus is sick. Good thing we were here, tonnes of illegal fireworks going off, dogs were scared out of their minds. I got them inside and they huddled by my feet for a while until it died down.

i never post in here since i really only post in OT, but happy new year everyone - also stuck at home since my girlfriend is overseas and i left organising something to do to the last minute (i.e. it didn't happen).

I recognise you Jake!

Happy new year
2014 2014 2014

My favourites are softlygaloshes and TheWaterWhispers. Heather Feather is also great.

Also, I spent New Years at home, as the missus is sick. Good thing we were here, tonnes of illegal fireworks going off, dogs were scared out of their minds. I got them inside and they huddled by my feet for a while until it died down.

Swap the roles of who huddled by whose feet and we'd have the true story. ;)

Kritz

Banned
yey my dnd character survived. It's a new year's miracle.

Here's to 2014 and all the video games I won't like releasing in it!

Danoss

I accidentally read the first 3 sentences of that spoiler before stopping. After seeing the main match through to completion,
I noticed that Jinho hadn't noticed anything important at all... and then in the deathmatch it happened. Brilliant!

You have to respect Jinho for sticking by Eunkyul to the very end. It is the honourable thing to do and a shame most of the others didn't feel the same obligation. We wouldn't have had the twist of events if that were the case though.

As for the betrayal in the main match, it had to happen. After the rules were explained, I said to myself that this game was built purely for betrayal. It is and it's the only way for certain victory, but at the cost of what happened (although betraying the betrayer wasn't anticipated).

It seems the betrayals are taken much more personally this time around too, which is a stark contrast from what we saw last season. It was taken as part and parcel of the game previously, with minimal ill intent, which this episode demonstrated targeting individuals (why that deal would've been hard to agree on). This can be put down to the type of games which have been played really emphasising that aspect. Games manipulate behaviour by design and that is really showing itself; I wonder how far it will end up going.

6am wake up with hungry child. Good morning everyone!

Our one was up until 10pm snacking on trash food. He enjoyed the fireworks though so it was worthwhile.

Although we still got our 6:45am wake up call at the bedside.

"GOOD morning daddy. I took my shirt off because it was hot. Also I'm HULK SMAAAAASH".
>_<

Damn redneck parade had some school kid in a Hulk costume.

r1chard

Happy New Year all youse. We ushered in the reset of the calendar with the Starbound marathon until midnight and then sparklers outside listening to the distant occasional pop and bang of cheap fireworks smuggled into The Land Of No Fireworks. Good times :)

You can all look forward to that period of bliss when your child is around the 10 year old mark - old enough to not come in and wake you up at 6am because they don't know what else to do, but not quite old enough to be a teenager and not coming into your bedroom at 6am because they're sulking in their room (or even where the hell are they it's 6am they should be home by now). Or something like that. 10 year olds kinda rock :)

Our one was up until 10pm snacking on trash food. He enjoyed the fireworks though so it was worthwhile.

Although we still got our 6:45am wake up call at the bedside.

"GOOD morning daddy. I took my shirt off because it was hot. Also I'm HULK SMAAAAASH".

>_<

Damn redneck parade had some school kid in a Hulk costume.

And we wouldn't have it any other way. The wife was kind enough to let me sleep in though thankfully. Didn't get home until 4.30am.

Happy 2014 to all. 2 more weeks and I'll be a Dad again.

Heh, apparently he is running around the house naked singing WHAT DOES THE FOX SAY. Hopefully the wife caught it on camera!

Also Sleeping Dogs is free now on XBL GoD for XBL Gold members. Some of the DLC is half price too, Pre-order DLC pack is $3.97, Nightmare in North Point is $3.47 and The Year of the Snake is $3.47
Just Cause 2 is also $9.97 for Gold members too, might try and grab a retail copy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom