• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to play the demo. as soon as i got up to the TV and the delightful british voice i quit the game and went and bought it
Play through the demo anyway, it has nothing at all to do with the full game, is totally separate and custom content, and is hilarious.

Even if you never buy the game, play the demo.

Kritz

Banned
Guys I was thinking of playing this game, "Thw Stanley Parable Demo", but I hear it's rubbish. Does anyone on AusGAF disagree? I suspect not.

I wrote a stupid php script to see if the bot is online or not when you aren't on a chat program, or if youre on one and it's not acive in one or the other. Green is on, red is off, yellow is incorrect or insufficient parameters.

bot_status.php
Steam
bot_status.php
IRC

Kritz

Banned
I wrote a stupid php script to see if the bot is online or not when you aren't on a chat program, or if youre on one and it's not acive in one or the other. Green is on, red is off, yellow is incorrect or insufficient parameters.

bot_status.php
Steam
bot_status.php
IRC

And into the OT it goes

Jintor

I plugged a us zip code into Netflix and that seemed to with with my card, which sucks because PayPal is where I have a 'use for online stuff' stash.

and the movie I wanted was DVD only on Netflix, so great

I plugged a us zip code into Netflix and that seemed to with with my card, which sucks because PayPal is where I have a 'use for online stuff' stash.

and the movie I wanted was DVD only on Netflix, so great

what are you using? if youre using a chrome extension, grab hola unblocker and change your region to something else. might be available elsewhere. if youre using unblock-us, go to the website and change your region.

r1chard

Anyone aware of any fireworks shows on in the Eastern Melbourne area at a kid-suitable time (10pm I suppose)? Utterly failing to find anything and I am NOT going anywhere near the city because that would be stupid.

Am also considering buying a BBQ tomorrow. Probably from Bunnings or Big W 'cos I'm cheap and don't need an Outdoor Kitchen and I won't use it a helluva lot but would like one to occasionally blacken some meat products on... Any advice is welcome :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Euro truck sim 2013 well on its way to top 5 games of the year.

Just bought my own truck after doing a dozen or so missions with loan vehicles, then took out a bank loan. Fucking hell this is the life! Carrying fireworks across France atm.

I sure hope 2014 is a better fucking year than 2013 was. At least more mentally stable I hope.

At least the Google Doodle puts a huge smile on my face, even with how basic it is lol
Just love the expression on 4's face lol

Euro truck sim 2013 well on its way to top 5 games of the year.

Just bought my own truck after doing a dozen or so missions with loan vehicles, then took out a bank loan. Fucking hell this is the life! Carrying fireworks across France atm.

Yeah it's even more awesome than I imagined. Occulus Rift would be insane in this game! Thanks again!

I plan to actually drive to mission tonight lol

Arksy

2013 has easily been the best year of my life.

Kind of helps when you've spent over half of it overseas experiencing the wider world.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
2013 has been a amazing year for me. Made a ton of new friends, experienced all sorts of interesting things, finished my first-year at university (which I loved) and really developed myself as a person generally speaking.

Bring on 2014!

Watched my little brother get married, had a ball on my PAX trip, moved house, about to have a second child and got promoted to run a team of 10 at work. Pretty successful and fun filled year.

Next year I have my Dad's 60th, my 30th and my baby. Should be another busy and enjoyable year.

Edit: we also went on our honeymoon 3 years after the wedding. First overseas trip.

Shaneus

I still haven't renewed my XBL Gold after it expired several months ago.

Funny that.

Still, thinking about firing Blur up today had me reconsidering... did you still have that 14 day code, reppy?

Arksy

I'll see you all in the new year.

For all those who had a less than stellar year, I hope 2014 marks your best year yet.

Happy New Year's Everyone. :)

P.S: What's everyone's NYR? Is anyone even bothering? Mine's to learn two languages...Arabic and French and learn them to C2 or B1 level (so conversational fluency)

Jintor

2013 wasn't a terrible year, but it wasn't the best of years either, in retrospect. At least the uni courseload was relatively light.

r1chard

What a year.

Separated from my wife of 13 years, saw a psychologist, formed a great new friendship with a like-minded woman, got a lot closer to my daughter, learnt a helluva lot about myself and relationships (yes, *after* 13 years were over), had a blast at PAX, backed way too many awesome kickstarter games (and one film), got a great new job, made a whole lot of pies and ate 'em for my Year Of Pie. Yum. Started a neat robot project that's been a bunch of fun. Much happier about life all around.

Next year I'm going to learn about all kinds of bread - my Year Of Bread. Finish off the robot. Play The Last Of Us. Maybe find someone new to share my life and geek media/game collection with.
Will probably involve online dating services, which scare me.
Oh, and I'll be playing a bunch of kickstarter-ed games :)

Still haven't made it to a MelbGAF.

Shaneus

Nothing big for NY celebrations, probably just heading down to Mordialloc to hang with my folks. Tomorrow's the big day, heading to Docklands for "Welcome Summer 2014" at Alumbra. Kinda looking forward to it.

New Year's has become less and less of a thing over the years. Find myself giving less of a shit as time goes on (mostly because if you build it up, it invariably fails to live up to expectations).

Dead Man

2013 started pretty well, but ended pretty shit. Here's to the next arbitrary calendar unit.

Nothing big for NY celebrations, probably just heading down to Mordialloc to hang with my folks. Tomorrow's the big day, heading to Docklands for "Welcome Summer 2014" at Alumbra. Kinda looking forward to it.

New Year's has become less and less of a thing over the years. Find myself giving less of a shit as time goes on (mostly because if you build it up, it invariably fails to live up to expectations).

Indeed.

<3

HolyCheck

What a year.

Separated from my wife of 13 years, saw a psychologist, formed a great new friendship with a like-minded woman, got a lot closer to my daughter, learnt a helluva lot about myself and relationships (yes, *after* 13 years were over), had a blast at PAX, backed way too many awesome kickstarter games (and one film), got a great new job, made a whole lot of pies and ate 'em for my Year Of Pie. Yum. Started a neat robot project that's been a bunch of fun. Much happier about life all around.

Next year I'm going to learn about all kinds of bread - my Year Of Bread. Finish off the robot. Play The Last Of Us. Maybe find someone new to share my life and geek media/game collection with.
Will probably involve online dating services, which scare me.
Oh, and I'll be playing a bunch of kickstarter-ed games :)

Still haven't made it to a MelbGAF.

aniseed and I keep some what mentioning it / joking about it / what evs, but you should totally come over for a beer one day! as we live not far!

Shaneus

Strange thing is, I'd normally attribute it to being a lot older than when I used to look forward to New Year's... but even younger folk these days don't seem to revel in it like they used to. I mean, NYE parties that used to be massive don't appear to be much of a thing anymore, with most younger folk staying home and going to house parties and such. Even NYD celebrations seem to be more laid-back than ever.

Very odd.

Strange thing is, I'd normally attribute it to being a lot older than when I used to look forward to New Year's... but even younger folk these days don't seem to revel in it like they used to. I mean, NYE parties that used to be massive don't appear to be much of a thing anymore, with most younger folk staying home and going to house parties and such. Even NYD celebrations seem to be more laid-back than ever.

Very odd.

YOLO dude.

No one cares about one day in the year. No need for an excuse to part and get shitfaced. Every day is YOLO day.

HolyCheck

I plan on drinking little and staying home so I can wake up tomorrow and spend my last day on holiday still relaxed!

And driving trucks across europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom