• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Spent 40 minutes getting the wheel just right after watching sherlock. Then knocked my laptop and it fell now it won't turn on.

Ffs

Aww that sucks Holy :( Try feeding it pizza.

Also Gez, that listing for $39 ended. Most of the listings are $100+ so when I found another lot going for $42 posted I bought one super fast, might be sold out by the time you read this.

Hahaha, Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon is considered rare? I have a copy somewhere, it broke my heart playing it to see what they did to the series. :/

Edit: Also, yeah, even I was checking my phone while watching Hobbit 2: Hobbit Harder, just waiting for it to end. I think the problem was that every scene was presented as SO IMPORTANT and then two hours later you realise none of them are.

It did, however, further prove my theory that every TV / movie series made in the last 30 years has someone from LOST in it, so that's good.

FLIP YOUR AVATAR DAMN IT >_<

Am I the only one here who doesn't wear glasses? I'm feeling left out here. :(

qggdimQ.jpg

trinest

I like how my mug is a beer mug. (though I think it was from my 18th or something, all I could find around- had a bell and stuff on it too haahaa)

Mar

As I was compiling my top 10 for 2013, I realised I've been doing top 10 lists for 8 GODDAMN YEARS!! That's just strangely shocking to reflect upon...

And now the list of 10, which has 4 games... It's been that kind of year.

1. Avengers pinball machine
2. Metallica pinball machine
3. Star Trek pinball machine
4. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Well, Christmas game sales are pretty much over with only minimal damage.

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger - $4.99 (Amazon)
Gunpoint - $3.39
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons - $4.49
Guacamelee - $3.74

Total $16.61

Jintor

Unholy Heights
Valdis Story
The Walking Dead s2
Long Live The Queen
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons
Cook, Serve, Delicious
Dishonoured DLC

$52 USD roughly. Would've been more but Hate Plus and Deadly Premonition stopped being on sale today, if I had noticed I'd have gotten them yesterday.

Arksy

Account/Wallet/Life Damage:

Supreme Commander Gold
Hitman Absolution Professional
Strike Suit Zero + DLC
Age of Empires II: The Forgotten
Counter Strike: Global Offensive
L4D2
Awesomenauts
Starbound

Total Damage: $65.50 USD

Damage (Mostly with cash from trading cards):
Portal 2
Gone Home
Eufloria
Spelunky
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Papers, Please
Super Hexagon
Eldritch
Far Cry 3
Retro City Rampage
Monaco
Organ Trail: Director's Cut

From Secret Santa:
DuckTales Remastered
Max Payne 3
La-Mulana

Shaneus

As I was compiling my top 10 for 2013, I realised I've been doing top 10 lists for 8 GODDAMN YEARS!! That's just strangely shocking to reflect upon...

And now the list of 10, which has 4 games... It's been that kind of year.

1. Avengers pinball machine
2. Metallica pinball machine
3. Star Trek pinball machine
4. Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Is that in order of when you played them? I hope so, because I thought Avengers was supposed to be dullsville?

PS. You could probably add the various DLC you bought for each of the Pinball Arcade things, if they have those separately in the database. Should round out your 10 nicely ;)

My damange:

Code:
SimCity 4 Deluxe				$9.99 USD
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons			$4.49 USD
Cook, Serve, Delicious!				$2.49 USD
Guacamelee! Gold Edition			$3.74 USD
Trine 2: Complete Story				$1.99 USD
Tomb Raider ROW					$9.99 USD
La-Mulana					$3.74 USD
Super Hexagon 2-Pack				$0.99 USD

=== +$40 Steam wallet because of market item sell

Far Cry 3					$8.73 USD
Far Cry 3 - Blood Dragon			$8.97 USD
Monaco						$2.99 USD
Electronic Super Joy				$0.79 USD

============================================

My own money spent: 8.73 + 8.97 + 2.99 + 0.79 = $21.48
Steam wallet spent: 9.99 + 4.49 + 2.49 + 3.74 + 1.99 + 9.99 + 3.74 + 0.99 = $37.42
All combined spent: 9.99 + 4.49 + 2.49 + 3.74 + 1.99 + 9.99 + 3.74 + 0.99 + 8.73 + 8.97 + 2.99 + 0.79 = $58.9

Only Long Live the Queen and Guacamelee! for me.

Thought about getting Age of Empires II HD but I've got enough games strategy games I don't play as it is (and I'm pretty sure I've still got an AoE2 CD sitting around here somewhere anyway).

Not Steam Sale related but also did the Penny Arcade Humble Weekly thing not so much for Penny Arcade but because Zeboyd Games are pretty rad.

It's that time, once again, where I try to unsuccessfully give away Steam games. Reply, say which one you would like and I'll send the key via PM. There's some geniunely cool games littered amongst the usual suspects so please take a good look. I'd really like to think that these games will find a good home among AusGAF.

Trine
Magicka
Magicka Vietnam
Home
Darwinia
Multiwinia
Uplink
Nightsky HD
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Metro 2033
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Faerie Solitaire
pid
Back to the Future
The Walking Dead
Dear Esther
Capsized
Hotline Miami
Windosill
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Splice
Crayon Physics Deluxe
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Offspring Fling
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
Vessel
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
Aquaria
Fractal
Frozen Synapse
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Nightsky
English Country Tune
Oil Rush
Legendary
SpaceChem
Dino D-Day
Saira
Afterfall Insanity (Extended Edition)
S.P.A.Z.
The Tiny Bang Story
Mark of the Ninja
FTL: Faster Than Light
A Virus Named TOM
Limbo
Bastion
Primordia
Glowfish
Space Pirates and Zombies
Lucius
Hard Reset Extended Edition
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Two Worlds II
Crusader Kings II (Omi's Keep-it-in-the-family-edition)
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2
Skyward Collapse
Shattered Haven
Hacker Evolution Duality
Hacker Evolution Duality + All DLC

If there are a couple of games that you really, really, really want just let me know. If things go as well as previous attempts there will be opportunity for a couple of games.

PS - I hope all the keys are valid. I apologize in advance for anyone that gets a dud one.

Deeku

Finished Zelda last night, beat the boss with only quarter heart left lol!

I think I liked it. Yeah, dungeons were small, and everything was kinda just auto pilot since they weren't all that complicated/challenging (died 8 times lol), but it was fun.

LIke, the last mega dungeon was awesome, and I was expecting more of that (you know, gotta collect the triforce pieces and what not right?) but it decided to end:( So yeah, that was slightly disappointing. I mean, it's not often that you want a Zelda game to drag on for a few more hours...

Also, I realised I remember nothing from A Link to the Past, so I'm totally gonna dig out my gba cart and play that for the rest of my break!

Dead Man

I was going to realpic it up until I saw the silliness in here. If that is what is passing for themes this year I am disappointed.

Dead Man

Yeah, but you have the option of covering it with that beard forest you have. Takes the attention away from the icky bits.

No worries, Mega.
But I shaved it off last month :( Growing it back now, but only a regular persons short beard at the moment.
i like the Deaddie Mercury avatar, Dead man.

Cheers, I wanted to keep the zombie theme going after Zombie Clint and Zombie Santa. Might have to make a Zombie Dead Man picture though lol

It's that time, once again, where I try to unsuccessfully give away Steam games. Reply, say which one you would like and I'll send the key via PM. There's some geniunely cool games littered amongst the usual suspects so please take a good look. I'd really like to think that these games will find a good home among AusGAF.

I'll grab Broken Sword if no one wants it.

Dead Man

What in the fuck? Jesus.

Edit:
If nobody else wants FTL I would like it Jase, but I probably won't get around to playing it for ages, so if somebody else wants it, it should go to them.

dinopoke

I would love to have Crusader Kings 2 if no one wants it.

Rezbit

I managed to get away with not spending any actual money in the Steam sale, just sold off trading cards and a few wonderful people gifted me games.

The haul from cards was:

Castle Crashers
CS: GO
Electronic Super Joy
La-Mulana
Hitman
Super Hexagon

Awesome gifts from awesome people:

Rogue Legacy
Sins of a Solar Empire
Spelunky

That's very generous of you Jase. I'd love Superbrothers if possible!

Mar

Is that in order of when you played them? I hope so, because I thought Avengers was supposed to be dullsville?

In order, yeah.

I have flipped back and forth on Avengers but ultimately, out of all of Stern's games, Avengers is the one I keep going back to. I don't understand the game, and I'm not alone in playing for 30 minutes then looking up at the score and feeling disillusioned on how the hell you score anything on it. But it's just a really fun game to play. Love the tight and unusual shots, the unforgiving Hulk multiball start scoop (must be the hardest multiball to start when it's actually lit). And I think the callouts are genuinely funny.

And I hate super heroes. So it's not a theme thing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom