• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
It's that time, once again, where I try to unsuccessfully give away Steam games. Reply, say which one you would like and I'll send the key via PM. There's some geniunely cool games littered amongst the usual suspects so please take a good look. I'd really like to think that these games will find a good home among AusGAF.

Trine
Magicka
Metro 2033
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
The Walking Dead
Dear Esther
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Frozen Synapse
Mark of the Ninja
Limbo
Bastion
Hard Reset Extended Edition
Two Worlds II*

Those are some mighty fine games you're giving away, JASE. If anyone here hasn't played them, definitely give any of those games a shot.

* Two Worlds II is actually a garbage game, but it's really endearing how bad it is. I'd actually recommend people play it. It's not a good game, but it's kind of like... if you took the mechanics of Morrowind and made them worse, and put them in the world of Skyrim and made it worse.

yo i don't post here at all but aussteamgaf can verify me as being a complete and utter asshat, but a lovable, seizure-inducing, cat-posting one

any chance i could get that faerie solitare key jase? i legitimately want to play that game and the sale ended prematurely before i could buy it

i'd also be into hard reset but i'm not gonna be greedy and i'll probably never get around to it

Thanks as always Monkey Man!

* Two Worlds II is actually a garbage game, but it's really endearing how bad it is. I'd actually recommend people play it. It's not a good game, but it's kind of like... if you took the mechanics of Morrowind and made them worse, and put them in the world of Skyrim and made it worse.

It's like a really odd art house movie. It's fucking stupid but you can't stop looking at it, as if you can see through time and at any moment you could break through into another plane of existence

Card Boy

Banned
Here's a review of the top one, strangely enough the reviewer had RRP at $150 for it! Seems like it would be fantastic if you can find a custom UI for it (can you install that stuff on these things????)

I'm mighty fucking tempted. Means the wife can stop using the PS3 for Plex and instead use this $40 box for it!

Let me know what you think!

[/IMG]

I bit the bullet see you in a month, I ordered 2 of them cause i can get 2 of them for less than the $100 one and the cheaper one is better spec wise i think (1 extra USB port/double the flash memory).

As i said i own the more expensive one so i will be able to make a comparison.

Benchmarks i have seen have being above a Galaxy S2.

2013.08.07-06.15.46.jpeg

Let's see what I got

Cook, Serve, Delicious! $2.49
Left 4 Dead 2 (free but just noticed it says AU damn so is that the censored version?)
Guacamelee! Gold Edition (Humble Store 3.75 buckaroos)
Risk of Rain 4-Pack (1 for moi, 3 for gaffers) $20/4
Europa Universalis IV (Amazon 10 buckaroos)
The Stanley Parable $8.99

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Steam purchases this year.

Personal:

Remember Me (ROW)  12.49 USD
Guacamelee! Gold Edition  3.74 USD
Dust: An Elysian Tail  3.74 USD
Gunpoint  3.39 USD
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons  4.49 USD
$27.85

Gifted to people through steam:

Antichamber - $8
Memoria - 14
Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion - $9.99
Jurassic Park -$15
No Time To Explain  4.99 USD
Gnomoria  3.99 USD
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet  5.09 USD
Survivor Squad  4.49 USD
Cook, Serve, Delicious!  4.99 USD
Dark Matter  7.49 USD
Mount and Blade: Warband  9.99 USD
State of Decay  13.39 USD
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare  8.49 USD
$109.40

Rahk

It's that time, once again, where I try to unsuccessfully give away Steam games. Reply, say which one you would like and I'll send the key via PM. There's some geniunely cool games littered amongst the usual suspects so please take a good look. I'd really like to think that these games will find a good home among AusGAF.
I'll take pid if no one has grabbed it yet. Thanks!

Shaneus

Stupid shit that Jase won't shut up about
Hey, I'd be keen on Fractal and English Country Tune if no-one else wants dibs on them.

For that matter, I have two copies of the original Torchlight I'd be more than happy to gift, as well as vouchers for 50% off Crusader Kings 2 and 75% off Lunar Flight (which is fucking rad as hell, someone here should get it!).

In order, yeah.

I have flipped back and forth on Avengers but ultimately, out of all of Stern's games, Avengers is the one I keep going back to. I don't understand the game, and I'm not alone in playing for 30 minutes then looking up at the score and feeling disillusioned on how the hell you score anything on it. But it's just a really fun game to play. Love the tight and unusual shots, the unforgiving Hulk multiball start scoop (must be the hardest multiball to start when it's actually lit). And I think the callouts are genuinely funny.

And I hate super heroes. So it's not a theme thing either.
That's interesting. But that's probably the same way I felt about Metallica the first time I played it... didn't really dig it but I think that was only because I was in Stern hate mode at the time. I still don't like it because of the software, but the build of the game is probably the best I've felt from a Stern *ever*.

How's your BoP going, BTW?

PS. Have you been following Thunderbirds pinball at all? I kinda want to buy it, and at $5700 without GST... I think it could be a good deal. I also have a hunch John Popadiuk is designing it, because he signed up to aussiepinball.com almost the same day it was announced on the forum. Be great if it was a design from him!

steamausgaf?

yeah thats probably better, whatever

ausgafsteamchat
also dont let him trick you
doc clock and the toaster of time was a legit shitty game
was really disapointed and im sorry to whoever gifted it to me, i honestly gave it a shot but couldnt play more of it

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
My damages.

Amazon

X-Com: Enemy Within ($10)
Bioshock Infinite ($10)
Sleeping Dogs ($5)

Steam

Castle Crashers: $3.75
Max Payne 3 Collection: $8.99
Ys I and II Chronicles $3.74
Rogue Legacy: $4.94
KOF XIII: $10.49 (+ a extra copy for my bro Jintor <3)
Metro: The Last Light: $13.59
Civilization V Gold + Brave New World: $22.68
Garry's Mod : $2.49
Saints Row The Third + extra copy: $10.00
Anno 2070: $8.73
Far Cry 3: $8.73

Total $133.62

Surprisingly more than I thought. Fucking STEAM.

Rezbit

I've got a couple of steam keys for Mirror's Edge and Titan Quest kicking around somewhere if anyone is interested! They were in bundles though so everyone's probably got them already. Might also have a Metro 2033 as well.

Aon

I've been put on blast for not posting in the thread about the secret santa. Sorry, I didn't know anyone out of Steam Chat was taking part, but thanks a bunch to whomever sent me this :D

UvdJfIr.jpg

QrlHNcW.jpg

Zquvgtj.jpg

Thinkgeek boxes are the best.

Also, mad props to both Arnie and Holycheck for making SS happen this year, especially Arnie who took to it like a bat outa hell.

I've been put on blast for not posting in the thread about the secret santa. Sorry, I didn't know anyone out of Steam Chat was taking part, but thanks a bunch to whomever sent me this :D

UvdJfIr.jpg

QrlHNcW.jpg

Zquvgtj.jpg

Thinkgeek boxes are the best.

Also, mad props to both Arnie and Holycheck for making SS happen this year, especially Arnie who took to it like a bat outa hell.

That's awesome.

Shaneus

I didn't know anyone *in* Steamchat was taking part :(

Shaneus

YESSSSSSS. This is literally the thing i never knew i wanted
I know, right? You'd think that with companies advertising games with the potential of "Toy Story graphics" that they would've worked backwards at some stage to give us "Disney cartoon graphics", 1960s cartoon-era graphics and 1930s cartoon-era graphics. I'm surprised it's taken this long.

I can't wait!

Shaneus

Watched these last night. First episode was bad. Second episode was good. Abed's Nicolas Cage probably made it better than it was.
Can I watch them without having seen a single episode of season 3? Was Harmon back for the first episode of S4 or only the second?

Arksy

So I bought Anno 2070...adding one final shot to my wallet.

But I can't play it.

"Failed to connect to key server.....Failed to connect to key server."

Sigh.

Dead Man

Tomb of pharaonic beer-maker Khonso Em Heb found in Egypt's temple city, Luxor
A Japanese archaeological team has discovered the tomb of a leading beer producer from the pharaonic period in the famed temple city of Luxor.

The tomb of Khonso Em Heb, who lived 3,200 years ago, was "one of the most important discoveries made in the city of Luxor ... at the Thebes necropolis", according to Mohamed Ibrahim, Egypt's antiquities minister.

The tomb has on its walls and ceilings landscapes and diverse sculptures that "revealed many details of daily life during the ancient Egyptian times", including family relationships and religious rituals.

One piece of artwork shows Khonso Em Heb, who also headed the royal storehouses during the pharaonic Ramesside period, making offerings to the gods along with his wife and daughter.

The archaeologists discovered the site while cleaning the courtyard of "another tomb belonging to a top official from the reign of King Amenhotep III of the 18th dynasty", said Jiro Kondo, head of the Japanese team from Waseda University.

The tomb will be placed under tight security until the excavation work is completed, the ministry said.

Luxor, a city of around 500,000 residents on the banks of the Nile in southern Egypt, is an open-air museum of intricate temples, tombs of pharaonic rulers and landmarks such as the Winter Palace hotel where crime novelist Agatha Christie is said to have written Death on the Nile.

Never knew the ancient Egyptians drank beer.

What else could it possibly be?
Isn't Anno the game that has both uPlay and Tages DRM?

You're lucky the only issue you're having is an inability to connect to servers.

It's possible that Steam ran out of keys. Can you see the key in the property tab for the game in your library?

Otherwise I'm just going to have to fall back on the excuse of "Ubisoft."

Edit: From the store page
Notice: We have run out of keys for Anno 2070 Complete Edition. We are working on getting new keys from the Publisher, and all purchases will receive a key as soon as we have received more. This game may not be playable until we have received new keys.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.

And speaking of running out of keys, I haven't.

Trine
Magicka
Magicka Vietnam
Home
Darwinia
Multiwinia
Uplink
Nightsky HD
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Metro 2033
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Faerie Solitaire
pid
Back to the Future
The Walking Dead
Dear Esther
Capsized
Hotline Miami
Windosill
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Splice
Crayon Physics Deluxe
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
Offspring Fling
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
Vessel
Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition
Aquaria
Fractal
Frozen Synapse
Broken Sword: Director's Cut
Nightsky
English Country Tune
Oil Rush
Legendary
SpaceChem
Dino D-Day
Saira
Afterfall Insanity (Extended Edition)
S.P.A.Z.
The Tiny Bang Story
Mark of the Ninja
FTL: Faster Than Light
A Virus Named TOM
Limbo
Bastion
Primordia
Glowfish
Space Pirates and Zombies
Lucius
Hard Reset Extended Edition
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Two Worlds II
Crusader Kings II (Omi's Keep-it-in-the-family-edition)
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
A Valley Without Wind 1 and 2
Skyward Collapse
Shattered Haven
Hacker Evolution Duality
Hacker Evolution Duality + All DLC

Can I watch them without having seen a single episode of season 3? Was Harmon back for the first episode of S4 or only the second?

Getting numbers mixed up? Season 4 was the one without Harmon. It's pretty flat but has its moments and I thought it was okay overall. Season 5's basically treating it as "well that stuff happened but we're just gonna gloss over it really", all you need to know from it to jump into the new stuff is that Jeff graduated at the end of season 4. Well, also Brie Larson is reprising a role from an episode in season 4 at some point too so you might want to watch Herstory of Dance at some point at least.

Harmon only wrote the first of the new episodes from yesterday but he's back as showrunner/executive producer for the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom