• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
The chimp has a face! Mind blown!
It's just a photo I found on the internet.

Don't tell anyone, 'kay?

It's not the first time I've done Ugly Up the Internet with My Stoopid Face Month. You may have suppressed the previous times.

Coffee mugs are stooooooooooopid
Offensive. I am offended. Never before on the internet have I encountered such behavior!

Also, nice humblebrag with the wedding ring.

Deeku

Coffee mugs are stooooooooooopid
For reference

Lz02P.png

Just so we're clear:

Intentionally giving the finger to everyone (mainly Shaneus): Fine.
Showing a little bit too much Wedding Ring: No.

Nice!

Man, fuck people. Bunch of fucking assholes.

"Garfield farm rabbit killings like 'something from a horror movie'"

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-02/police-investigating-new-year-animal-attacks/5181640

"The rabbits were killed by having their heads crush and being thrown against the walls of the shedding," he said.

In a separate incident, a cat was found decapitated and dumped on the front lawn of a property at The Basin, in Melbourne's east.

WHAT THE FUCK PEOPLE.

Yeah I wouldn't go throwing rabbits around, our method was stand on neck, pull from waist. Sounds like some redneck out being a fuckwit.

Also decapitating a cat is punishable by catapult in my books. Not fucking on.

(thankfully only 9 minutes until I can go home and hug my cat)

Yeah I wouldn't go throwing rabbits around, our method was stand on neck, pull from waist. Sounds like some redneck out being a fuckwit.

I completely understand having to kill wild rabbits since they're pests and can't be domesticated. However, these were owned by someone AND they were killed in such a fucking in humane way. I feel angry and sick after reading about it.

Quasar

Sounds like some maladjusted teen to me.

r1chard

Am I doing it right?

Am stuck in the office and it's soooo slowwww here today (three people in on this entire floor) and I just want to play Starbound.

lexi

Banned
Am I doing it right?

Am stuck in the office and it's soooo slowwww here today (three people in on this entire floor) and I just want to play Starbound.

It's slow as hell here too, but not slow enough that I can bludge. The worst kind of slow.

Jintor

Fuck where is Mar? He's sitting on a freaking goldmine in Bayonetta Climax Editions: http://www.gamesradar.com/rarest-and-most-valuable-current-gen-games/

In 2010, when I started as an intern for PCPP/Hyper, one of our first tasks was to clean out the games room that had basically just been storing up all the crap publishers had been throwing at us for years. In there we found at least four climax editions of Bayonetta, pristine and sealed.

I have one, which I opened to play the videogame and then subsequently drained all the value out of because the gun is damaged and chipped. I don't know where the others are.

Also I was not expecting to spark another realgaf ausgaf trend again :p

Shaneus

1545219_629157300474255_87989688_n.jpg

$107 at dick smiths.

euro truck sim 2 gonna be crankin' all night.
That's... not a bad score, Holy! Can't remember what I paid for my DFGT way back when, but you'll love it. Make sure you get some sweet, sweet Sega Model 2 emulation happening for Daytona craziness!

Woo! Thanks Shaneus! Games looks amazing!
No worries! You're talking about the cards, right? I thought I just bought you the potential to access cards, and somewhere there's a game or something. (you had it on your wishlist, only a few bucks :) )

G27 is $227 I think. Also Big W has 30% off Logitech stuff, not sure on their prices though.

RE Shaneus: I actually looked at the gameplay and thought it looked fun! I'm addicted to Guacamelee at the moment so I can see myself jumping into Valdis Story and loving it :)

Fuck where is Mar? He's sitting on a freaking goldmine in Bayonetta Climax Editions: http://www.gamesradar.com/rarest-and-most-valuable-current-gen-games/

List must be for USA.

Crash of the Titans? Legend of Spyro? Still tons of UK copies floating around cheap!

Record of Agarest War Limited Edition was going for $20 on Play Asia too. Currently only $61 rather than the $140 Games Radar cite....

Also Cat Helmet Edition? Hahahahahhaha! I remember EB clearing out a fuckload of them at one point super cheap, my mate bought 10 of them so he could do a photo of all his cats next to them lol

Mass Effect LE is legit. That thing was super hard to find, wish I had one.

Card Boy

Banned
Which Android Box is better?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minix-NE...59?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25878ec0b7

Oxr2I.png

$40

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-8GB-...U_MultiFormatMediaPlayers&hash=item3a8951e5c6

KfFgm.png

$100

I actually own the second one and have being happy with it but the MiniX seems the same but cheaper. I need couple for my family. Use: Videos and maybe some emulators. I have being able to run GBA/SNES/Mega Drive/GC/Nintendo games 100% fine with the second box. I haven't tried N64 or PSP stuff.

r1chard

I guess.

I think we need to all have avatars of our cats in the same pose next.

Please don't make me get a cat.

Edit: I look like I've got a migraine or something. Probably because I don't have glasses on. Not that they'd normally help. I'm confused.

senahorse

As someone who enjoyed the LoTR trilogy from PJ I hate to be that guy...But just coming from the theatre, goddam Peter Jackson what have you done to The Hobbit, this should have never been 3 movies, and it now suffers majorly because of it :(

r1chard

As someone who enjoyed the LoTR trilogy from PJ I hate to be that guy...But just coming from the theatre, goddam Peter Jackson what have you done to The Hobbit, this should have never been 3 movies, and it now suffers majorly because of it :(
A friend lent me the Extended Edition of the first film, which he says doesn't have a huge amount added to it. So I said "oh, so that horrid, embarrassing scene with the Goblin King?" "yep, that was in the theaters". 3 hours. So much filler, fluff and dross drowning some otherwise great work. And based on my friend's review of the second one, I'm just not going to bother (especially since some of my favorite bits from the book apparently didn't make the aggressive cutting that PJ is clearly doing to get it down to a 9 hours on film...)

Er, end rant?

I haven't seen the new one yet but I didn't mind the first Hobbit movie.

Really is nuts stretching a book smaller than any individual LotR entry to the length of all of them for the movies though.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Wait what are we doing for realgaf this year, picking our nose?
Are you my mum? Coz she said the exact same thing not 15 minutes ago :/

Edit: if I were on my laptop I'd post a pic of me with both fingers up my nose that I took for the bf coz he also thought we should do that

Sadly the first movie was a warning alarm to me. This trilogy has King Kong written all over it. I love PJ but someone needs to reign him in.

trinest

I can't decide. Use a real picture of me:

me-finger_zps3bd1342d.png

Or the cat?

oscar-finger_zpscbe95542.png

(you have to know how hard that was to take :|)

Yep, we certainly are. Make sure you take a really nice, clear picture of you picking your nose and join us.

Will do ;)

Are you my mum? Coz she said the exact same thing not 15 minutes ago :/

Yes. Go to bed.

Edit: if I were on my laptop I'd post a pic of me with both fingers up my nose that I took for the bf coz he also thought we should do that

Is there any particular finger combination we are using? Left or Right hand?

Which Android Box is better?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Minix-NE...59?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item25878ec0b7

Oxr2I.png

$40

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-8GB-...U_MultiFormatMediaPlayers&hash=item3a8951e5c6

KfFgm.png

$100

I actually own the second one and have being happy with it but the MiniX seems the same but cheaper. I need couple for my family. Use: Videos and maybe some emulators. I have being able to run GBA/SNES/Mega Drive/GC/Nintendo games 100% fine with the second box. I haven't tried N64 or PSP stuff.
Here's a review of the top one, strangely enough the reviewer had RRP at $150 for it! Seems like it would be fantastic if you can find a custom UI for it (can you install that stuff on these things????)

I'm mighty fucking tempted. Means the wife can stop using the PS3 for Plex and instead use this $40 box for it!

Let me know what you think!

tumblr_mf96k1qw321qgm8ybo6_r1_500.gif

make-it-rain-o-1.gif

skrilla3.gif

Gazunta

Hahaha, Legend of Spyro Dawn of the Dragon is considered rare? I have a copy somewhere, it broke my heart playing it to see what they did to the series. :/

Edit: Also, yeah, even I was checking my phone while watching Hobbit 2: Hobbit Harder, just waiting for it to end. I think the problem was that every scene was presented as SO IMPORTANT and then two hours later you realise none of them are.

It did, however, further prove my theory that every TV / movie series made in the last 30 years has someone from LOST in it, so that's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom