• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, maybe I might actually go out for Brisbane fireworks next year.

sN6Y5WH.jpg

I accidentally read the first 3 sentences of that spoiler before stopping. After seeing the main match through to completion,
I noticed that Jinho hadn't noticed anything important at all... and then in the deathmatch it happened. Brilliant!

You have to respect Jinho for sticking by Eunkyul to the very end. It is the honourable thing to do and a shame most of the others didn't feel the same obligation. We wouldn't have had the twist of events if that were the case though.

As for the betrayal in the main match, it had to happen. After the rules were explained, I said to myself that this game was built purely for betrayal. It is and it's the only way for certain victory, but at the cost of what happened (although betraying the betrayer wasn't anticipated).

It seems the betrayals are taken much more personally this time around too, which is a stark contrast from what we saw last season. It was taken as part and parcel of the game previously, with minimal ill intent, which this episode demonstrated targeting individuals (why that deal would've been hard to agree on). This can be put down to the type of games which have been played really emphasising that aspect. Games manipulate behaviour by design and that is really showing itself; I wonder how far it will end up going.

Mm it's very interesting seeing the differences between Season 1 and 2 with all of the S2 cast either having participated in or watched S1.
Also one final thought I had on the main match in the last ep. Had this thought as I was watching it but subsequently forgot it.
Thank god Jinho's team acted rationally when their turn to attack came. I reckoned as did they, that the best plan was to send one person every turn until they had either won already or there were no red buttons left. Seems obvious but you never know what they'll do like the way Yoonsun's team changed plans 50 times even when they were out in the main hall attacking.

Is there anything else quite like The Genius? This 1 episode a week thing isn't enough! I've started rewatching Season 1 to get more of that sweet, sweet candy.

I'm still up somehow. Think I've had way too much to drink.

I'd say not enough! You weren't yet paralytic and could still write coherently. ;)

Huh, maybe I might actually go out for Brisbane fireworks next year.

Damn. That's probably the best South Bank has ever looked.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Let's bring in the new year by looking at our 3DS playing stats for 2013!!

2013:

Steps: 307,409
Play time: 39 titles, 347hours 31 minutes

Top 10 (hours:minutes):
Animal crossing new leaf: 198:02
Pokemon X: 115:12
Zelda link between world's: 9:51
Eshop: 5:25
Streetpass plaza: 3:56
Friends list: 2:36
Notifications: 2:30
Pheonix wright 5: 2:14
Sytem settings: 1:43
Pokemon mystery dungeon demo: 0:58

Fogz

Let's bring in the new year by looking at our 3DS playing stats for 2013!!

2013:

Steps: 18,074 (I rarely take it anywhere)
Play time: 23 titles, 279:59

Top 10 (hours:minutes):
Phoenix Wright 5: 81:09
Ace Attorney Investigations: 53:09
Pokemon Y: 50:50
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons 20:15
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds 18:19
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap 17:17
Super Mario 3D Land 10:00
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages 9:44
Pokemon Black 2 6:24
eShop 4:03

Deeku

^^^waaaat, 130+ hours across 2 phoenix wright games? :OOO how possible unless you just leave it open???!

Animal Crossing: 207:05
Fire Emblem: 59:35
Monster Hunter 4: 54:23
Dragon Quest 7: 50:03
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds: 12:44
Luigi's Mansion 2: 11:22
Shin Megami Tensei 4: 3:51 (lol so sad, I should really play this)
Pokemon X: 2:00 (LOL as well)
Bravely Default: 0:46
Devil Summoner Soul Hackers: 0:42

HolyCheck

^^^waaaat, 130+ hours across 2 phoenix wright games? :OOO how possible unless you just leave it open???!

Animal Crossing: 207:05
Fire Emblem: 59:35
Monster Hunter 4: 54:23
Dragon Quest 7: 50:03
Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds: 12:44
Luigi's Mansion 2: 11:22
Shin Megami Tensei 4: 3:51 (lol so sad, I should really play this)
Pokemon X: 2:00 (LOL as well)
Bravely Default: 0:46
Devil Summoner Soul Hackers: 0:42

Team animal crossing!

Gazunta

Happy new year you magnificent bastards.

I have returned from spending a couple of days down at Coffs Harbour. It's a nice town, from what I saw of it. The place I stayed at was pretty average, despite what the website promised. 'Free Wifi' does not really count if the only place you can access the wifi is in the bathroom. :/ The games room had lots of busted machines although the wife and I got to play some pinball after I explained to her that once I hit 40 I'll turn into a pinball fanatic. The private beach was a bit shit.

On the plus side I got to go to the Bunker Cartoon Art Gallery, which was fantastic. I highly recommend it.

I've spent the day drawing a comic about Yo! Noid, making a LEGO Death Star and watching The Hobbit. I wish every day was like this.

So...guys, where is a good deal to find deals on PlayStation+ memberships?

Man, the weather has been so lovely but my friends are all wimpy about the warmth :( I'm gonna spend the whole summer inside with a jumper on because the aircon is at 18. I don't know what to dooo.

Reminds me a bit of Evl too! For some reason I could see him owning that shirt too.

Oh totally.

Vormund

Also Sleeping Dogs is free now on XBL GoD for XBL Gold members. Some of the DLC is half price too, Pre-order DLC pack is $3.97, Nightmare in North Point is $3.47 and The Year of the Snake is $3.47
Just Cause 2 is also $9.97 for Gold members too, might try and grab a retail copy though.

Hmm Sleeping Dogs....something not ancient. Already have it for PC though.

Anyway I had a great NYE I just sat on my computer while the Parrot and the Dog were frightened of fireworks going off.

That and my wife had to get up early for work anyway.

Darklord

Banned
It seems Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is sold out bloody everywhere. Two JB's, a Big W, and an EB were all sold out. The guy told me each shipment they get in goes almost immediately and that unless I show up first thing the day they arrive I'll need to pre-order. Pre-ordering over a month after release? Whaaaat?

Did Australia get low amounts of stock or is this game selling insane amounts?

It seems Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is sold out bloody everywhere. Two JB's, a Big W, and an EB were all sold out. The guy told me each shipment they get in goes almost immediately and that unless I show up first thing the day they arrive I'll need to pre-order. Pre-ordering over a month after release? Whaaaat?

Did Australia get low amounts of stock or is this game selling insane amounts?

Always heaps at Target when I stop by.

Is Climax Edition just the one with the mini-artbook? I remember seeing tons of copies of that at JB not too long ago.

Did Australia get low amounts of stock of Zelda or is this game selling insane amounts?

Something something Nintendo.

So low stock.

Plenty of copies down here, like Wolfgang said, try Target/KMart as they tend to get a decent amount as well.

commissar

I see there's people playing 3DS...I've been thinking to get one soon, as I'm tempted by the free 3D Land.
However, is it worth my while skipping it and going for a US 3DS or is the local Aus/NZ one fine as is?

I was thinking to go purely digital either way (unless US eshop stuff is complicated). Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

HolyCheck

I see there's people playing 3DS...I've been thinking to get one soon, as I'm tempted by the free 3D Land.
However, is it worth my while skipping it and going for a US 3DS or is the local Aus/NZ one fine as is?

I was thinking to go purely digital either way (unless US eshop stuff is complicated). Thoughts are greatly appreciated!

cant really comment on local prices, as i've got a US 3ds :) and i shop exclusively on the eshop now too

games are usually about $30, some are $40, some are $20

usually about $10 or more cheaper than buying AU. so consider than when working out if you'd save moneys :)

I checked Steam on the mobile app and it was as if there was no sale :( Went on just now in my browser and the sales still going! Yay! I need to buy something tomorrow with my $10 credit.

HolyCheck

Ah cool. Are you able to use your local CC or do you have to buy eshop cards?

yeah I use my local CC. i use a canadian location, so get a tax (like an extra dollar or so) but i just add two 0's to the start of my postcode when entering my CC and have no issue.

iirc there is an issue with using somewhere in USA as your location and using a CC, this may be why Clipper uses eshop cards. but then he also gets no tax.

so it's up to you which method you'd like. i do canada with tax just for convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom