• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting numbers mixed up? Season 4 was the one without Harmon. It's pretty flat but has its moments and I thought it was okay overall. Season 5's basically treating it as "well that stuff happened but we're just gonna gloss over it really", all you need to know from it to jump into the new stuff is that Jeff graduated at the end of season 4. Well, also Brie Larson is reprising a role from an episode in season 4 at some point too so you might want to watch Herstory of Dance at some point at least.

Harmon only wrote the first of the new episodes from yesterday but he's back as showrunner/executive producer for the whole thing.

Yeah, definitely have them mixed up. I'll check out the Herstory one then S5 so I'm up to speed :) Thanks!

Yep, what BoB said.

Arksy

Isn't Anno the game that has both uPlay and Tages DRM?

You're lucky the only issue you're having is an inability to connect to servers.

It's possible that Steam ran out of keys. Can you see the key in the property tab for the game in your library?

Otherwise I'm just going to have to fall back on the excuse of "Ubisoft."

Edit: From the store page

Cheers!

It's working now :D

Dead Man

Fucking hell...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-04/police-find-burnt-woman-alive-in-bushland-near-sydney/5184658

A woman found with horrific burns in bushland near Sydney is in an induced coma after a chemical attack that police believe took place a week ago.

The 39-year-old was rushed to hospital last night after residents heard cries coming from bushland near Ferraro Crescent, at West Hoxton, about 7:00pm.

Police found the woman lying in bushland with burns so severe that she cannot be physically identified.

The woman, who is in a critical condition, told police that she was approach by a man who threw a chemical on her about a week ago in a Liverpool park.

Police say they do not know how long the woman had been lying in the bushland, but they believe she sustained the burns before New Year's Eve.

Detective Superintendent James Johnson says the woman sought assistance from residents and was given food and water on December 31.

He says the woman was suffering from burns that are "black in nature and unmistakable" and is calling on witnesses to come forward.

"I don't believe this woman could have survived for the last week without having some assistance from members of the public," he said.

"We do know that on New Year's Eve she did seek assistance from residents and was given some food and water.

"She wasn't able to supply any information in relation to the attacker whatsoever.

"This is the most unusual thing I have seen in my 41 years in the police and I am astounded that anyone could survive this length of time with the horrific injuries that she has."

Detective Superintendent Johnson indicated that the woman was homeless and that she may have been living out of a green vehicle in the West Hoxton area.

"I don't think she was in the park that long," he said.

"There were a number of pieces of clothing hung up on the fence - we believe they belong to her.

"She is a woman who has no known place of abode and has been living in various locations in between the Liverpool and West Hoxton area."

Police are urging anybody with information to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

:/

Some of the timings in that story are confusing. She was only taken to hospital last night. She may have been lying in the bushlands for a couple of days. But was seen in that state by residents on December 31. And was given food and water by them (because they ignored the chemical burns and decided that's what she needed). And it's been a week since it happened? But she seems to be coherent enough to know the timings and what happened to her but wasn't able to make her way to a hospital or verbalise what had happened to the local residents when they saw her New Years Eve?

What am I missing? It doesn't quite make sense...

Some of the timings in that story are confusing. She was only taken to hospital last night. She may have been lying in the bushlands for a couple of days. But was seen in that state by residents on December 31. And was given food and water by them (because they ignored the chemical burns and decided that's what she needed). And it's been a week since it happened? But she seems to be coherent enough to know the timings and what happened to her but wasn't able to make her way to a hospital or verbalise what had happened to the local residents when they saw her New Years Eve?

She's homeless so her history with the law/hospitals/neighbours is unknown, could be a very long story there :(

What I don't get is that they intimate that she's been receiving help from the locals. But we have free health care. It would have actually been easier (and for once easier meaning the better option) to just call an ambulance or the police and be done with it. But instead they potentially just repeatedly took her food and water so that she'd suffer for longer? I get when people just ignore a person in trouble because they are lazy and don't want to be involved but to work harder to prolong suffering and therefore be more involved?

It's all... very weird.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh people knew she was fucked up on NYE yet didn't call the cops?

This fucking country.

(I wonder what nationality she is....)

yeah what
i got up to the "gave her food and water" then started question everything

edit: oh ok she was homeless, that may have played a factor in no one calling 000?

Dead Man

Sounds like she is homeless, but yeah, confusing story.

Would anyone happen to know a good PC repair place in Brisbane? My laptop is on the verge of carking it, I think. The keyboard and the speakers keep spazzing out :|

What I don't get is that they intimate that she's been receiving help from the locals. But we have free health care. It would have actually been easier (and for once easier meaning the better option) to just call an ambulance or the police and be done with it. But instead they potentially just repeatedly took her food and water so that she'd suffer for longer? I get when people just ignore a person in trouble because they are lazy and don't want to be involved but to work harder to prolong suffering and therefore be more involved?

It's all... very weird.
Yeah it seems really off. Especially if they continued to feed her. It would be far less effort to call 000.

Truly incredible thread title. Like, bravo.
Every time I look at it I am more impressed. It really is fantastic.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I retract my previous statement, rezbit is the OG Rez.

Rezbit is the winner.

And I wish to call in the 67th amendment.

Never knew the ancient Egyptians drank beer.
Definitely did. Probably bittered with something local instead of hops, likely bears virtually no resemblance to what we call beer, probably flat.

Slaves were paid with beer or at least given/bought it at the end of the day. Breweries were often next to bread makers, they had no idea about yeast and such (wasn't understood until around the 1920s).

Dogfish Head made an ancient Egyptian style beer using yeast they gathered in the outskirts of Cairo at a fruit farm of some sort.

In Australia, Red Duck makes a 'Ra' beer series purportedly to be an 'Egyptian bread beer' but don't know how well researched it is.

I should mention beer in modern Egypt (at least what I found) is shit.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
WFztVlr.png

this is art

Manax

In Bali now thank you to whoever recommended to exchange money here when I asked what to do. It's working fine. This place is like Australia 2.0

Deeku

i still don't really get it:/

but google tells me that's a movie, so it's a clever play on words kinda deal, i can dig

hamchan

Finished The Genius s2e04. Spoilerz

Overall probably the most simple and fastest game out of both seasons. The deathmatch was also a repeat and it wasn't a skill based game either. So in terms of games this was probably the weakest episode.

This episode did highlight what a bunch of assholes this group is though lol, especially compared to last season's group where everyone seemed friends. I was nodding my head in agreement when Jinho
expressed his anger at everyone intentionally giving Eunkyul up after he helped them. There was no honor in that and you can tell Jinho was legit angry about it.

I really hope he or BoxeR win this whole thing but that depends on whether they'll bring out the 1v1 skill based deathmatches or not. If not, then they probably won't ever win because I can already see them being outnumbered in terms of alliances.

jambo

i still don't really get it:/

but google tells me that's a movie, so it's a clever play on words kinda deal, i can dig

No Country For Old Men is a film.

Node refers to the Fibre to the Node plan that the Coalition are using, in place of the superior Fibre to the Home plan that Labor was rolling out.

The old men part refers to the old conservatives that make up the Coalition and their complete lack of future vision when it comes to telecommunications infrastructure.

Went for the Big bash game tonight, Melbourne vs Melbourne.

Never again. It's so boring to watch cricket live over here. :(

You mean the atmosphere in the crowd? Seemed everyone was going bananas while I was watching on TV!

Awesome game too, did it easy in the end. White and Maxwell smashed the shit out of them. Maxwell reached 50 without any 4's lol

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Six-hours until Space Dandy aka the new science-fiction action-comedy series by the Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) airs in the US/Japan.

Good times ahead.

Manax

Where are you going to visit? Once you get out of Kuta it's a lot less bogan :p

I was exaggerating a bit avoiding all the bogans if we can haha not even going near Kuta, first time here but the girlfriend knew better than to go there. In ubud for a couple days then seminyak should be dandy.

Also thanks again Luciancat!

You mean the atmosphere in the crowd? Seemed everyone was going bananas while I was watching on TV!

Awesome game too, did it easy in the end. White and Maxwell smashed the shit out of them. Maxwell reached 50 without any 4's lol

That's disappointing. I enjoyed it on tellie and it looked like it was a great atmosphere.

Bear, Maxwell and Finch put on a show.

Atmosphere and crowd were great. I'm actually comparing a game here to the madness of IPL in India, so compared to that, it was underwhelming.

What's that one ABC or SBS comedy about those Power Ranger type people

Edit: nevermind randomly remembered. Danger 5

I love Danger 5. Didn't get the "Power Ranger type people" thing though. There was that one ep though where they were in a mecha.

Atmosphere and crowd were great. I'm actually comparing a game here to the madness of IPL in India, so compared to that, it was underwhelming.

Yeah fair enough.

Will probably be cheaper to just buy a new one.
Yeah, but I only got this one 8 or so months ago and I was hoping it would last till I got back from Japan next september so I could buy a nice PC (rather than another laptop that I'll need until then for portability) :/ Ah well, I guess I'll look into a new one.

I was exaggerating a bit avoiding all the bogans if we can haha not even going near Kuta, first time here but the girlfriend knew better than to go there. In ubud for a couple days then seminyak should be dandy.

Also thanks again Luciancat!

Aaah Ubud is really pretty! I hope you get to visit the monkey park.

Glad you're staying out of Kuta. I think it really brings out the shitty side in some people. The way the locals are treated is just embarrassing, and the way tourists treat other tourists is pretty bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom