• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Deaf Mutes is awesome! So sagely and wise. He has been around for years so he will know the best way to deal with your traumatic experience Jambo.

Mar

On Saturday I did something very silly. I doubled the amount of pinball machines I own.

BdtA-__CYAEgLEN.jpg

He's been dead for over 30 years. He didn't make the jump.

He's a little bit dead...

Could make for a dull story. But the director Steve McQueen.

Ask him which dimension Fassbender comes from. Also if he wanted to title '12 Years A Slave' as just 'Slave'. That kinda bugs me after 'Hunger' & 'Shame'.

Ha I wondered the same thing. I'm trying to work out how to not fall into the classic entertainment reporter softball questions, but at the same time I've heard he can be a bit abrasive, so I don't want to get him offside over nothing

Ha I wondered the same thing. I'm trying to work out how to not fall into the classic entertainment reporter softball questions, but at the same time I've heard he can be a bit abrasive, so I don't want to get him offside over nothing

Heh, I would pressure him about the added over-the-top scenes that they put in the movie that weren't in the book but yeah, he would just crack the shits about it. At the end of the day he was making a fictional, forceful movie rather than a 100% factual recount of the dudes life. After all, the book is old as all hell and even then people were pointing out similarities to a similar, fictional, book that came out around the same time (in terms of padding out the tale of his, not that he was bullshitting the whole thing).

Easiest route would be to ask questions relating to Australia! Ask if he has seen [insert Australian movie/tv series here].
Not sure what media we are acclaimed for at the moment lol

Main thing is to ask him how long we have to wait for his next movie!

Heh, I would pressure him about the added over-the-top scenes that they put in the movie that weren't in the book but yeah, he would just crack the shits about it. At the end of the day he was making a fictional, forceful movie rather than a 100% factual recount of the dudes life. After all, the book is old as all hell and even then people were pointing out similarities to a similar, fictional, book that came out around the same time (in terms of padding out the tale of his, not that he was bullshitting the whole thing).

Easiest route would be to ask questions relating to Australia! Ask if he has seen [insert Australian movie/tv series here].
Not sure what media we are acclaimed for at the moment lol

Main thing is to ask him how long we have to wait for his next movie!
Apparently he's making a TV show for the BBC next, so I'm anticipating getting addicted to that.

Nice, who/what for?

For APN, they run papers in New Zealand, regional Queensland or northern NSW.

Could make for a dull story. But the director Steve McQueen.

Dont ask him about chopping off hoffmans's arm.

Apparently he's making a TV show for the BBC next, so I'm anticipating getting addicted to that.

BRB must fap

His style of direction will work amazingly well in the 6-7 oversized episodes format legitimate TV is heading in. Lets him work on that while still allowing time for pre-production on another project.

BRB must fap

His style of direction will work amazingly well in the 6-7 oversized episodes format legitimate TV is heading in. Lets him work on that while still allowing time for pre-production on another project.

Agreed. Kind of shows how big of a deal these TV shows have become to get someone like him at this stage of his career to do it. That said, it sounds like he's very much an artist, and not too worried about cashing in. Which is good.

What are the examples of this?
What does legitimate mean?

English TV has been doing this for years. Getting big names to do short miniseries.

Father Ted
Black Books
The IT Crowd
Sherlock
Downton Abbey

Recently even American TV is getting in on the act. True Detective is the most current example.
Big name actors, one writer, one director for the whole series.
I guess American Horror Story fits the bill too, self contained series that is wrapped up 100% at the end of the run.

Legitimate means TV that doesn't exist to get people to watch advertisements or are advertisements themselves.
Also reality TV. Which is basically feeding on our need to be creepy and live vicariously through not actually living our lives.

Episode six of The Genius season 2

I AM ON A ROLLER COASTER OF EMOTIONS

jesus h christ

live vicariously through not actually living our lives.

I still do that with certain (non-reality) films and TV shows. Authentic coming-of-age films are good in that respect. They are believable and enable you to experience another coming-of-age that differs from your own.

Jesus.
1508534_10152221528051264_394870304_n.jpg

A train has derailed between Kings Cross and Edgecliff, causing the partial closure of the Eastern Suburbs line.
Pictures from a train passenger show a large piece of metal piercing the floor of the train carriage.
It is not known whether anyone has been hurt.
Much of the Eastern Suburbs line has been disabled in both directions.
Advertisement
The derailment reportedly happened about 300 metres out of Edgecliff station.
‘‘We are advising people to delay their trip, or use their ticket on replacement buses between Bondi and Central, replacement buses being organised,’’ a spokeswoman for Transport NSW said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/train-derails-at-edgecliff-20140115-30v0t.html#ixzz2qRtvmdow

Yesssssssssssssss it worked.

Got Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3 & Wonderful 101 for $15 each. Just had to make UK accounts on my 3DS/WiiU to use them.

Although now I wait 4 hours for the 10GB of W101 to download >.>

Danoss

Episode six of The Genius season 2

I AM ON A ROLLER COASTER OF EMOTIONS

jesus h christ

Just came in here to post about that. Fucking hell!

The first half was great and pretty funny, but then it took a nosedive into cuntsville.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Jiwon? That was absolutely disgusting play. Both he and Yooyoung can go and get fucked as far as I'm concerned. They screwed him over and only gave the ID back when they'd secured the win, they apologised profusely and then conspired to fuck him over once more. Combine that with Sangmin doing what he did (hey, it's Sangmin, it's expected) and the result is that Doohee had nothing but bad things happen to him all episode.

What's worse is right at the end of the episode where it's discussed that Jiwon called Doohee prior to the game to offer his help. While he feigned to recall at the time, claiming he was drunk, you'll note at the start of the episode Jiwon mentioned Doohee taking his call. That is a whole other level of cuntishness, I need a more appropriate word to describe that prick

This clique has gotten out of control and I seriously hope the games going forward do not play into their hands. There wasn't even a game today due to them, it was all Token of Immunity, screwing over Doohee, pressing a button and then the Deathmatch/assassination of Doohee. Even if Doohee's ID wasn't taken from him all game long, the result would've still been the same or similar. They might've suffered if Yohwan didn't hand the win right to them, knowing exactly what was going to happen, but not by much.

I've loved this show right from the start because of the use of intelligence, wisdom, cunning and more to win for themselves or their temporary team. There was always a metagame aspect, which is what Game Theory and The Genius is all about. Season 1 nailed that and the only person who didn't fit that bill was Minsoo who was knocked out in episode 2. This latest episode is exactly what I don't want this show to be, teaming up and picking someone off, I'd watch another reality show if I wanted to see that, which I don't.

I can't spoiler a picture, so I'll just have to link it here. It perfectly sums up the difference between the two seasons and how they have all played together.

What would have happened during Season 1

Also, here's an interesting discussion off Bumdidly's twitter. Just shows even more how rad Jinho is.

I really need to start watching the genius.

rThbtDJ.jpg

Yeah you should :)

Wowee Zowee

The first half was great and pretty funny, but then it took a nosedive into cuntsville.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Jiwon? That was absolutely disgusting play. Both he and Yooyoung can go and get fucked as far as I'm concerned. They screwed him over and only gave the ID back when they'd secured the win, they apologised profusely and then conspired to fuck him over once more. Combine that with Sangmin doing what he did (hey, it's Sangmin, it's expected) and the result is that Doohee had nothing but bad things happen to him all episode.

What's worse is right at the end of the episode where it's discussed that Jiwon called Doohee prior to the game to offer his help. While he feigned to recall at the time, claiming he was drunk, you'll note at the start of the episode Jiwon mentioned Doohee taking his call. That is a whole other level of cuntishness, I need a more appropriate word to describe that prick

This clique has gotten out of control and I seriously hope the games going forward do not play into their hands. There wasn't even a game today due to them, it was all Token of Immunity, screwing over Doohee, pressing a button and then the Deathmatch/assassination of Doohee. Even if Doohee's ID wasn't taken from him all game long, the result would've still been the same or similar. They might've suffered if Yohwan didn't hand the win right to them, knowing exactly what was going to happen, but not by much.

I've loved this show right from the start because of the use of intelligence, wisdom, cunning and more to win for themselves or their temporary team. There was always a metagame aspect, which is what Game Theory and The Genius is all about. Season 1 nailed that and the only person who didn't fit that bill was Minsoo who was knocked out in episode 2. This latest episode is exactly what I don't want this show to be, teaming up and picking someone off, I'd watch another reality show if I wanted to see that, which I don't.

I can't spoiler a picture, so I'll just have to link it here. It perfectly sums up the difference between the two seasons and how they have all played together.

Also, here's an interesting discussion off Bumdidly's twitter. Just shows even more how rad Jinho is.

That picture is great. Feeling very nostalgic for the Season 1 crew at the moment. Someone on the SA thread also had the thought that in S02E02 death match all the players bet om and helped Hongchul giving him a hugely unfair advantage over Jaekyung. In Season 1 players gave garnets to a player in an Indian Poker death match who had much less garnets than their opponent. Shows the difference in spirit.

Jinho is a god among men. Week after week this is continually reconfirmed. (reading the translation of Doohee's fb post right in the feels)
Reading about what was edited out of the broadcast is heartbreaking. I knew something was off when the death match finished straight after the first round. It wasn't an instant loss scenario yet they cut to the result (which didn't have a scorecard either).

I would have been alright with the events of Episode 6 if there hypothetically wasn't a fake Immunity totem, and in that scenario Sangmin still gave Doohee a totem. That would've been amazing.

It also seems like a difference between S1 and S2 is the devaluation of individual skill. In Season One my favourite moments were when a player showed great cunning (mainly Jinho lol) yet in S2 they seem fewer as the alliances are too powerful.

Also just realised Yoonyoung is the only girl left, I wish there was still more women around at this point.

I am very anxious to see the next eliminations and who progresses. If Jinho doesn't make it much further and Jiwon does I will be pissed.

r1chard

Playing Broken Age with my daughter and (really liking it but) feeling stupid 'cos we're stuck in the very first puzzle room for the girl. Got a little further with the boy, but after reading all the "man, this is way too easy" posts over in the OT ... yeah. Must not read spoilers, even though daughter is all about "let's just read how to solve it". Kids and their walkthroughs eh? :)

Playing Broken Age with my daughter and (really liking it but) feeling stupid 'cos we're stuck in the very first puzzle room for the girl. Got a little further with the boy, but after reading all the "man, this is way too easy" posts over in the OT ... yeah. Must not read spoilers, even though daughter is all about "let's just read how to solve it". Kids and their walkthroughs eh? :)

If you're still stuck,
share a cupcake with the grandpa

Rahk

I thought the episode was great.

While I enjoy the gameplay aspect of the show, I also find it entertaining seeing how amazing Sangmin is at scheming. From the very first episode in season 1 when he found Jinho's garnet and used it against him to get him to eliminate his ally, and again now attempting to split up Doohee, Jinho and Yohwan by taking advantage of the situation while also trying to protect his group. I thought it was great. Doohee himself acknowledges Sangmin as a Genius when he is offered the immortality token.

It was shitty of Jiwon and Yooyoung to take his ID, but I feel like Sangmin may have been a driving force in convincing them to keep it to achieve his goal of splitting up the Jinho group. That is mainly conjecture though, I just had that feeling while he was talking to the camera. He did seem to have a hand in convincing Jiwon to betray them in the deathmatch though, but by that point I suppose he would have already made up his mind.

I can understand why you didn't like it though.

Hopefully the behind the scenes shows more of the stuff they edited out. I'm interested in what happened between Yohwan and Sangmin.

Shaneus

Fuck, forgot I had that. Got caught between new Next Car Game update and Ryo update for Sonic Transformed.

Also, appropriate :D

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Broken Age is great. Really high quality, definitely too polished for Early Access.

Feels a hell of a lot like a classic Lucasarts P&C adventure. It's been so fucking long since something has given me that feeling, aside from Ben & Dan.

Only played the first few puzzles but the writing and puzzles are pure. tim. schaefer. genius.

Top notch all round.

I've played 30 minutes so I can comfortably give it 5/5 kritz.nets and never play it again.

Shaneus

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Broken Age is great. Really high quality, definitely too polished for Early Access.

Feels a hell of a lot like a classic Lucasarts P&C adventure. It's been so fucking long since something has given me that feeling, aside from Ben & Dan.

Only played the first few puzzles but the writing and puzzles are pure. tim. schaefer. genius.

Top notch all round.

I've played 30 minutes so I can comfortably give it 5/5 kritz.nets and never play it again.
Why would you say that about early access? As in, doesn't feel like a title that would need it?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

While I enjoy the gameplay aspect of the show, I also find it entertaining seeing how amazing Sangmin is at scheming. From the very first episode in season 1 when he found Jinho's garnet and used it against him to get him to eliminate his ally, and again now attempting to split up Doohee, Jinho and Yohwan by taking advantage of the situation while also trying to protect his group. I thought it was great. Doohee himself acknowledges Sangmin as a Genius when he is offered the immortality token.

It was shitty of Jiwon and Yooyoung to take his ID, but I feel like Sangmin may have been a driving force in convincing them to keep it to achieve his goal of splitting up the Jinho group. That is mainly conjecture though, I just had that feeling while he was talking to the camera. He did seem to have a hand in convincing Jiwon to betray them in the deathmatch though, but by that point I suppose he would have already made up his mind.

Hopefully the behind the scenes shows more of the stuff they edited out. I'm interested in what happened between Yohwan and Sangmin.

Yep mental.

I couldn't believe it.

I also assume the other bits that got cut out would be when boxer went to confront sangmin about opening the safe without him. slammed the door, artwork fell off the wall.. then it cuts to some time later and they never really speak again.

also yellow asking jiwon to press green :(

jiwon seemed so torn over it. he's a cunt for saying he would. but it clearly hurt him.

the whole ending was odd too, doohe saying bye to sangmin.. then it just ended.. i assume he couldnt do it.. and they came back later or something... thats what it seemed like

Danoss

Wow, I had a nice reply written up for this. I was almost done, needed to open a new tab quickly for something and accidentally hit Ctrl+R. Welp.

In short, Sangmin is awesome. I hope he continues doing what he does, his charisma lets him get away with just about anything. What he did, he would've done to anyone in Doohee's position – not that of a victim, but someone who is so clearly the elimination candidate.

What Jiwon did, whether Sangmin was involved in any way, was ultimately his own choice. It was his hand on the button in the end and you could see it coming, he couldn't even look Doohee in the eye. Same goes for Yooyoung who was herself forced into the deathmatch with Dayhe, and has no problem doing the same to someone else in the worst way possible.

Hongchul felt bad and said he would help to make up for it, and he did. Even though he and the others felt what Doohee wanted was a really bad idea, they did it anyway because that's what he wanted. The reason he wanted it was because Jiwon called him outside the show to offer his help. Everything and everyone else told him it was a mistake, but the phone call was what cause him to hold his position. The difference between a Sangmin betrayal and this, they're worlds apart.

Why would you say that about early access? As in, doesn't feel like a title that would need it?

Yeah it's basically good to go (compared to most AAA releases it's in great condition!) no real issues with animation/textures/scripting.
Really good menus and functionality. UI is great.

Not sure why it's being held back, aside from originally promising beta access maybe.

Rahk

Wow, I had a nice reply written up for this. I was almost done, needed to open a new tab quickly for something and accidentally hit Ctrl+R. Welp.

In short, Sangmin is awesome. I hope he continues doing what he does, his charisma lets him get away with just about anything. What he did, he would've done to anyone in Doohee's position – not that of a victim, but someone who is so clearly the elimination candidate.

What Jiwon did, whether Sangmin was involved in any way, was ultimately his own choice. It was his hand on the button in the end and you could see it coming, he couldn't even look Doohee in the eye. Same goes for Yooyoung who was herself forced into the deathmatch with Dayhe, and has no problem doing the same to someone else in the worst way possible.

Hongchul felt bad and said he would help to make up for it, and he did. Even though he and the others felt what Doohee wanted was a really bad idea, they did it anyway because that's what he wanted. The reason he wanted it was because Jiwon called him outside the show to offer his help. Everything and everyone else told him it was a mistake, but the phone call was what cause him to hold his position. The difference between a Sangmin betrayal and this, they're worlds apart.

I totally agree with everything you've said, I guess I just didn't get as emotional about it and let it detract from the episode. But you're right, at least Sangmin's motivations are understandable and it helps that he outright states what they are. He knows that he won't be able to beat Jinho in a 1v1 deathmatch so he has to use other means to get him eliminated. Jiwon and Yooyoung seemed to just want to win the single match even at the cost of taking someone completely out of the game and upsetting them so much.

I didn't really understand the phone call part as I wasn't paying as much attention by that point. So Jiwon called him sometime before the show and offered to help him in the upcoming game? It wasn't during the show before the deathmatch, was it? I don't understand why he would trust so much based on that. Things can obviously change in a match depending on the game and alliances. I guess that's easier to say when you are watching the show and can see all sides though. But If Jiwon really wanted to help him, I would be asking why he took the ID in the first place.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Asked out a another girl on Okcupid.

She said "yes" but she's not so sure about her availability next week! (has to check her roster).

Looks like I've got a another potential date next week. Here's hoping I don't get stood up this time *fingers crossed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom