• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
US PSN sale tomorrow, great prices for plus members.
FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU EU PSNNNNNNNNN

Hey Reptile, if you ever see a discount for a Rocksmith 1 Steamkey, could you please let me know? I'm reaaaally annoyed I can't just download the DLC to use with Rocksmith 2014 :(
Coolio. Has been as cheap as $7.50 at GMG & Amazon in the past, I'll keep an eye out.

I'm just going to start using a US account for the games that are cheaper at regular price than here on sale. Which seems to be a hell of a lot, sadly.
But mang, I need my cheevos trophies! el_rezzo needs all the trophies he can get!

senahorse

Nice sale, I think at this point I am going to abandon my AU account, good thing I have 2 x 12month PSN+ codes currently unused, might cancel my AU PSN+ while I am there.

I enjoyed Sherlock last night but it's sad to see it finish for another season. Now another long wait until it's back.

In other news, my wife is having our baby girl tonight. Pretty stoked.

Danoss

Thanks Danoss I think it was for suggesting The Genius. Finally got around to watching the first episode. It's actually pretty good! Will definitely keep watching.

Glad you're enjoying it! It also pleases me that the number of viewers among us continues to grow.

On The Genius, Bumdidly tweeted that this weeks episode is a controversial one and that it was clearly edited to avoid a bigger backlash. I've looked into it a bit and have managed to get a little more info on why. There are no specific spoilers, but some may not want to read ahead.

It seems that the brutal events of recent episodes past pale in comparison to this one. What transpires is incredibly mean-spirited and there are real tears at multiple points. This makes other contestants look really bad and this after editing to make them appear less so. I think I know who is eliminated, but I won't divulge that.

Where did you buy those PS+ codes Xenos? Don't forget they are region locked!

I enjoyed Sherlock last night but it's sad to see it finish for another season. Now another long wait until it's back.

In other news, my wife is having our baby girl tonight. Pretty stoked.

Woo! Babbies! Hope it's nice and quick for the both of you!

Rahk

Glad you're enjoying it! It also pleases me that the number of viewers among us continues to grow.

On The Genius, Bumdidly tweeted that this weeks episode is a controversial one and that it was clearly edited to avoid a bigger backlash. I've looked into it a bit and have managed to get a little more info on why. There are no specific spoilers, but some may not want to read ahead.

It seems that the brutal events of recent episodes past pale in comparison to this one. What transpires is incredibly mean-spirited and there are real tears at multiple points. This makes other contestants look really bad and this after editing to make them appear less so. I think I know who is eliminated, but I won't divulge that.
Sounds like it will be a fun episode! Too bad about the editing.

Gazunta

Favourite Melbourne House games. Let's go.

Mine is Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo. One of the few comic adaptations that really got what the comic was about, and featured some really nice moments, too.

Here's a longplay of it.

Great soundtrack as well.

senahorse

Where did you buy those PS+ codes Xenos? Don't forget they are region locked!

Woo! Babbies! Hope it's nice and quick for the both of you!

During that amazon sale, region locked how? I was planning on using them on my US account, that will be fine won't it?

edit: good luck with everything Jables

Ooh dramaaaaaa
Where did you acquire this information

Shaneus

FUCK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU EU PSNNNNNNNNN

Coolio. Has been as cheap as $7.50 at GMG & Amazon in the past, I'll keep an eye out.

But mang, I need my cheevos trophies! el_rezzo needs all the trophies he can get!
Can't you buy DLC on one account and play it with another from a different region, as long as it's on the same console? (not Vita obviously, lolz)

HAHAHAHAHA you know we won't. Did you see the sale on Aus PSN over xmas? Woeful.
There was a sale?

hamchan

Ha ha, yeah that seems to be where the show was heading based on the past few eps and how they were treating each other.

Fusebox

Banned

Mine is Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo. One of the few comic adaptations that really got what the comic was about, and featured some really nice moments, too.

Here's a longplay of it.

Great soundtrack as well.

Way of the Exploding Fist for me, but it gets huge points for being one of the first games I ever owned.

True Detective is awesome. Holds your attention perfectly with just the right amount of unrest.

Also any show that uses The Black Angels on their end credits gets a big thumbs up for me.

Gonna go watch some Simpsons to cleanse the mind before bed now though lol

Started off a bit slow, wasn't sure where it was going but by the end I just wanted more. Both leads were fantastic and now I can't wait for next week.

FUCKIN SHADOWRUN FUCKIN

GET IT IN YOU

No contest. Game is still amazing.

And yes, they were initially Beam, then Melbourne House, then Krome Melbourne :/

During that amazon sale, region locked how? I was planning on using them on my US account, that will be fine won't it?
The Amazon codes are for US accounts, so you can't apply the PS+ code to a UK/AU/JP account you need to use them on your US account, so you are all cool!

Can't you buy DLC on one account and play it with another from a different region, as long as it's on the same console? (not Vita obviously, lolz)
You can buy DLC from another region as long as you have the base game also from the region in a lot of cases. Not a hard and fast rule though, depends on the developer and how the DLC is integrated it seems.

And I was talking about Vita! Jacob Jones isn't on PS3 is it?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
attn: adelaidegaf

Is it 40 degrees? We’ll shout you a beer! At the following Adelaide venues this week, when the mercury hits 40 degrees or more, and you purchase a VALE beer on tap, we will shout you another one! Aldgate Pump Ambassadors Astor Hotel Burger Theory Colonist Norwood Dog and Duck Esplanade Hotel German Arms Hotel Metropolitan Hotel Links Lady Bay Resort & Golf Course Republic PA Hotel Port Noarlunga Hotel Ramsgate Hotel Robin Hood Hotel Norwood Seacliff Beach Hotel Stanley Bridge Hotel The Archer The Haus The Rising Sun Hotel The Wellington Hotel The Wakefield Hotel Adelaide The Warradale Middle Pub Hotel Wright Street Please see venues for T&Cs.

Gazunta

$1050 car service. I was going to finally fucking buy the Surface Pro 2 this weekend. FUCK. FUCKING GOD DAMN IT FUCK.

Loving all the Melbourne House love guys. Let's all give props for how amazing Super Smash TV turned out on the SNES.

Megadrive - wait - KKND on PS2?! Do you mean PS1?

Edit: Wow Legend, this is what it sounds like when doves cry.

$1050 car service. I was going to finally fucking buy the Surface Pro 2 this weekend. FUCK. FUCKING GOD DAMN IT FUCK.

Loving all the Melbourne House love guys. Let's all give props for how amazing Super Smash TV turned out on the SNES.

Megadrive - wait - KKND on PS2?! Do you mean PS1?

Edit: Wow Legend, this is what it sounds like when doves cry.

I forget, I remember being fairly young and it was after the PS2 came out. I think you're right though, because the friend whose house I was at didn't have a PS2 at the time.

Bummer about the Surface man! :(

Arksy

FUCKIN SHADOWRUN FUCKIN

GET IT IN YOU

No contest. Game is still amazing.

And yes, they were initially Beam, then Melbourne House, then Krome Melbourne :/

The Amazon codes are for US accounts, so you can't apply the PS+ code to a UK/AU/JP account you need to use them on your US account, so you are all cool!

You can buy DLC from another region as long as you have the base game also from the region in a lot of cases. Not a hard and fast rule though, depends on the developer and how the DLC is integrated it seems.

And I was talking about Vita! Jacob Jones isn't on PS3 is it?

Haha. Shadowrun. I'm guessing you know someone by the name Peter, or SirFibble or something like that. The Australian community for that game can't be too big. He used to play it almost religiously.

That reminds me, still need to work out where the horn on the Kia is. Panel beaters forgot to hook it back up after spending all last week fixing our car lol

Only hit 40 here, wasn't too bad. Fairly mild winds makes it fairly comfortable, fucking hate hot northerly winds. Had a nice breeze off the ocean yesterday which made for a great day.

It was over 40 degrees by 10am this morning back home though lol
Glad I'm not up there!

The benefits of having a mechanic as a father! Never pay for my car related expenses heh

Haha. Shadowrun. I'm guessing you know someone by the name Peter, or SirFibble or something like that. The Australian community for that game can't be too big. He used to play it almost religiously.

No sadly! I lived out in the middle of nowhere and we didn't get internet for ages :(

He sounds like a top bloke though!

Gaz, maybe its not meant to be. Maybe you should save up for something with better long term prospects, like a vita or a Wii U or a
Mazda

Either way, i know how badly you wanted that thing.
i just dont know why you want one so badly

Sherlock ended well. Please dont make us wait two years, mr moffat and mr gatiss.

I liked KKND on PS2.

notjoking

I think you mean PS1!

And yeah, it was a solid port. Split screen multiplayer on PS1 was decent fun if you didn't have access to a PC.

Best PS1 RTS was probably that strange version of Dune 2000 though with polygonal buildings/units.

jambo

2ASLKkC.png

...well shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom