• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like I've been ripped off buying ram/video card off ocau. First time I've ever had a problem. Not happy.

On a related not anyone got a cheapish video card/ddr3 ram laying around?

Fredescu

Are you in Sydney? I have a GTX560 that needs a new heatsink and a GTX570 with unspecified problems. Not worth the cost of postage but if you wanted to give them a try and dump them back on me if they don't work we could figure something out.

Shaneus

Well it looks like I've been ripped off buying ram/video card off ocau. First time I've ever had a problem. Not happy.

Can I ask what happened? I had a mate who a similar thing happened to... was going to buy a 6990 I think, dude fucked off with his money or something (I can't remember the exact circumstances).
Apparently the guy had priors as well, according to the cops.

Favourite Melbourne House games. Let's go.

Mine is Samurai Warrior: The Battles of Usagi Yojimbo. One of the few comic adaptations that really got what the comic was about, and featured some really nice moments, too.

Here's a longplay of it.

Great soundtrack as well.
tO8uRS8.jpg

That fucking sucks.

I got done over buying a PS3 at the end of 2007 on PalGN after buying a ton of games there in the past :(

I STILL BLAME EATCHILDREN ENTIRELY >_<

That was $700 down the drain at a time when I was a depressed, unemployed university dropout (although technically I was forced to dropout, otherwise they were going to expel me) :(

Are you in Sydney? I have a GTX560 that needs a new heatsink and a GTX570 with unspecified problems. Not worth the cost of postage but if you wanted to give them a try and dump them back on me if they don't work we could figure something out.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm up in qld.

I have 4Gb of HyperX gathering dust in my room and a 9800GT SOMEWHERE in the house, but that hasn't been used in years so it probably needs a clean.

How much are you after for the ram?

Can I ask what happened? I had a mate who a similar thing happened to... was going to buy a 6990 I think, dude fucked off with his money or something (I can't remember the exact circumstances).
Apparently the guy had priors as well, according to the cops.

tO8uRS8.jpg

Paid for the stuff last weekend, said he'd post it Monday, got to busy to post when he said, then lost contact. And hasn't been online since.

That fucking sucks.

I got done over buying a PS3 at the end of 2007 on PalGN after buying a ton of games there in the past :(

I STILL BLAME EATCHILDREN ENTIRELY >_<

That was $700 down the drain at a time when I was a depressed, unemployed university dropout (although technically I was forced to dropout, otherwise they were going to expel me) :(

Yeah I got fucked over about 15 years ago for some mac gear for $1200 and was in the same position (broke and at school). Though the worst bit was how incompetent the cops were. I gave them everything on a silver plater and they did nothing.

Yeah I got fucked over about 15 years ago for some mac gear for $1200 and was in the same position (broke and at school). Though the worst bit was how incompetent the cops were. I gave them everything on a silver plater and they did nothing.

Yeah unless it's a sizable amount of money they don't give a shit. I basically had the guys address and everything after tracking him down through Bigfooty/Whirlpool/etc. Cops didn't give a shit. "Life lesson" apparently.

I bet if someone stole their donuts they would be planting asylum seeker documents on them and kicking them off to Christmas Island.

Shaneus

Paid for the stuff last weekend, said he'd post it Monday, got to busy to post when he said, then lost contact. And hasn't been online since.
That's literally exactly what happened to my friend. Said he'd gotten sick or something and didn't post it. If you want to PM me the guy's username, I'll ask my mate tomorrow and see if it's the same guy (assuming he has a history there and not only a few posts to his name).

I know he wound up approaching the cops about it, so if you have doubts, that's probably the avenue you should take as well.

Just beat The Last Express and it has to be said that Jordan Mechner is a genius. Pity it bankrupt the company and the sequel alluded to was never produced. Just found out he wrote a graphic novel about the Knights Templar and I'm going to check it out.

Yeah unless it's a sizable amount of money they don't give a shit. I basically had the guys address and everything after tracking him down through Bigfooty/Whirlpool/etc. Cops didn't give a shit. "Life lesson" apparently.

I bet if someone stole their donuts they would be planting asylum seeker documents on them and kicking them off to Christmas Island.

Yeah it's ridiculous. Though what can you do.

That's literally exactly what happened to my friend. Said he'd gotten sick or something and didn't post it. If you want to PM me the guy's username, I'll ask my mate tomorrow and see if it's the same guy (assuming he has a history there and not only a few posts to his name).

I know he wound up approaching the cops about it, so if you have doubts, that's probably the avenue you should take as well.

Thanks for the offer, have contacted other people who have dealt with him recently.

Fusebox

Banned

I'm a mod over there, but only in the musical instrument for sale forum, so if anyone ever rips you off on an electric guitar you come to me man and I'll get it sorted.

Dryk

How much are you after for the ram?
As much as it costs to ship it to you. I only got rid of my previous set of sticks when a friend's blew up. So realistically I'm going to keep them until they're so old I throw them out or until there's an emergency. I'm just happy I might be able to free up the space in my room now instead of a few years from now.

I'm a mod over there, but only in the musical instrument for sale forum, so if anyone ever rips you off on an electric guitar you come to me man and I'll get it sorted.

Thanks, though my last guitar sale went without a hitch.

As much as it costs to ship it to you. I only got rid of my previous set of sticks when a friend's blew up. So realistically I'm going to keep them until they're so old I throw them out or until there's an emergency. I'm just happy I might be able to free up the space in my room now instead of a few years from now.

Much appreciated. You have a pm.

Gazunta

hide & seek but it's pretty universal.

Took me until this morning to get the joke, but bravo. Bravo.

Gaz, maybe its not meant to be. Maybe you should save up for something with better long term prospects, like a vita or a Wii U or a
Mazda

Either way, i know how badly you wanted that thing.
i just dont know why you want one so badly

Ha! Yeah there's been a couple of times along the way where I've been tempted to just go fuck it and buy a Vita.
Still waiting for Minter's new game to come out for it

And - I know this is gonna probably sound stupid - but I crave a Surface Pro 2 for one reason only, and that's so I can make comics anywhere, any time, using real equipment. Drawing on the iPad sucks, no pressure sensitivity in the stylus and the tools feel really limited compared to Photoshop. Drawing on the wife's Netbook with a Wacom tablet sucks, it's like trying to write a book when you can only see three letters on the screen. Even drawing on my desktop machine in the mancave has its drawbacks, mainly that the mancave is a fucking hotbox most of the time or I just want to sit on the couch with the one hour a day I get to chill out with the wife.

Also, it'll let me continue working on comics during my lunch break, which would be a whole extra hour a day I get to be productive!
as opposed to the other 8 hours a day I spend at work, doing, uh, not much

Ah well, part of being a grown up and all that, or something :p

Anyone here played Broken Age yet? Can't be arsed swimming through the main gaming thread.

Shaneus

Hey Gaz, did you get my email about my other suggestion? It only came to me after watching a video from CGR on it, but I'd completely forgotten about the game and thought it might make decent fodder :) (possibly with a tie-in to Action Fighter? Who knows!)

I discovered a thread on SA about the show. They've got a bunch of people who love the show as much as we do.

Excellent. I read a bit more spoilery stuff about ep6 but not the full on spoilers. Will be home from work watching the genius in T - minus 3 hours.

You should make a neogaf thread about the genius!

Took me until this morning to get the joke, but bravo. Bravo.

:3
Twas the only contribution I could make having never played any of their games! (And we all know that not contributing is not an option)

Drawing on the wife's Netbook with a Wacom tablet sucks, it's like trying to write a book when you can only see three letters on the screen
Love this analogy! I fucking hate feeling closed in when trying to be creative, really stifling and takes you out of your head :(

Do you mind me asking why you were going to be expelled?
Well, I was enrolled at uni and living at uni but I wasn't actually going to uni. We would roll down the hill from residences to get some greasy wing dings and chocolate milk by 11am or so but that was as close as we would get to the lecturing arenas.
Until the afternoons when we would roll back down the hill to the bar next to caf for beers of course. So technically that's twice a day I was close to doing uni work.

Fun times! :/

My money is on "continued sexual harassment of the campus ducks."
Nah those ducks are fucking prudes. Plenty of other wildlife to chase around the campus anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom