• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

Most of my listening has been mixes on Soundcloud. I do occasionally listen to 3RRR when it's not summer programming (I'm not fond of the off-season presenters in general) and triplej when I can stand it - it's a bit too hip-hoppy for my tastes some times ;)

(Signed Mr Melty from Melbourne in my day a cool change meant a CHANGE TO COOL WEATHER DAMMIT)

43.9 at 4pm to 23.5 at 9:30pm is a pretty decent cool change... About 30 inside still though. :/

Edit: Actually, just in the one room I want to be in, it's cooler elsewhere in the house. Of course.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
25 outside at the moment, still hot inside. Doors open, fans on, hoping to circulate as much air before I hit the sack.

Nope! But I'm making beer!

Interestingly, one of the two Ballarat brewers (Red Duck) has pulled out. I expect we'll see this sort of thing happen more frequently given the costs and limited returns for brewers on these days.

Nice! What are you making? We're due for a new batch too.

The ticket I got was free, gift from a mate, so I'm excited to go even though I haven't really followed who's attending. Another mate does the Bendigo one regularly and really likes it. Red Duck pulling out is disappointing. They do some fine booze.

Nice! What are you making? We're due for a new batch too.
Doing an English IPA 'shootout' with some mates doing almost the same beer. Everything is the same (well, same recipe), targetting same IBU, but the hop choice and addition is up to the brewer. Otherwise, same malt bill, mash and boil schedule, yeast, etc. Should be interesting.

The one after that I have planned is a Flanders Red. It's either going to turn out amazing or be the worst thing I've ever done.

The ticket I got was free, gift from a mate, so I'm excited to go even though I haven't really followed who's attending. Another mate does the Bendigo one regularly and really likes it. Red Duck pulling out is disappointing. They do some fine booze.
Yeah, these days are always pretty good. Good to see Savarin will be there. I haven't seen much of them since they turned up at one of the Fed Square showcases. Cavalier and Boatrocker will probably both have their Berliner Weisses there, so I'd suggest trying those. I've had Boatrocker's but am always up for a Berliner Weisse.

If you're lucky True South might have some Killer Python Kolsch (though I was at the brewery last weekend and they told me it was all gone).

Edit: Broken Age act 1 is really short. Partly because it's only the first act, and partly because the puzzles by and large aren't that hard (particularly once you get into the game's frame of mind).

Danoss

Old, but this is amazing. If Doom Were Released Today.

It's the first time I've seen it and it's quite accurate.

I love that those elements are shown to be incredibly shitty, as they are, when applied to an older, more technically constrained game. It should read "hold my hand to begin" underneath the game title, and could end their effort there for the most part.

Shaneus

It's the first time I've seen it and it's quite accurate.

I love that those elements are shown to be incredibly shitty, as they are, when applied to an older, more technically constrained game. It should read "hold my hand to begin" underneath the game title, and could end their effort there for the most part.
Yeah, it's great how much easier it is to see those elements when they aren't relying on massive setpieces to carry the player through them. I wasn't even going to watch the whole video, but was surprised at the tropes they kept coming up with.

Shaneus

Oh, the other place that does the humble bundle-type stuff (indie gala?) has Deadly Premonition plus some other shit for ~$5.20.

MS are paying Youtubers $3 per thousand views to printed the X1?

LOL

tumblr_mziyu6IbYD1qm2l53o1_250.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Beer festival was good. Boatrocker killed it; their beers are just so damn good, especially their dark stuff like the Ramjet, an imperial stout aged in whisky barrels.

Kooinda's Perle Pilsner was legitimately one of the worst beers I've had in a long time, so much so there had to be something wrong with the keg or the taps, because it tasted vile, like the hops had gone off or something. I usually like Kooinda's stuff, so I dunno. Knew something was wrong the moment I smelled it.

Cavalier's Weizen was really tasty. A good balance of carbonation and hop so it wasn't overpoweringly fruity and had a nice, crisp summer taste.

EatChildren

I'd be interested in attending a cider festival, any happening around Victoria?

You might be surprised how much cider shows up at some beer festivals. Ballarat's had Napolean with a few on tap, and some of the breweries had a cider offshoot. Just gotta check the attending brewers.

Shaneus

PS. Holy fucking shit that first episode of S5 of Archer. Jesus christ, this season is going to be nothing short of amazing.

Shaneus

Archer Vice.
What?

(I don't know if you should spoiler that or not... I assume everyone here who watches Archer has seen it already?)

But honestly, flipping a show like that on it's head whilst not necessarily at it's peak but still doing great numbers and long before jumping the shark is a ballsy-as-hell move by Adam Reed. A LOT of shows (hi The League, Always Sunny etc.) could learn from it.

What?

(I don't know if you should spoiler that or not... I assume everyone here who watches Archer has seen it already?)

But honestly, flipping a show like that on it's head whilst not necessarily at it's peak but still doing great numbers and long before jumping the shark is a ballsy-as-hell move by Adam Reed. A LOT of shows (hi The League, Always Sunny etc.) could learn from it.

Yeah huge move. Hope it pays off. That montage was amazing.

You're right about the League. Very disappointing where that has ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom