• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

I think if Broken Age had tried to be too adventurous at not being a regular adventure game, a lot of backers would have cried bloody murder. The Kick Starter was for 'old school adventure game', and that's pretty much what you got.

I agree that seeing a line of dialogue then hearing it read isn't that great. But, what can be funny is when there's multiple funny lines of dialogue and you only get one shot at choosing one. That's when you get a sort of meta joke with all the different choices you can make.
This is true. But I'm not seeing a heck of a lot of "funny" thus far in BA. Despite the subject matter, I was expecting something a little more lighthearted and funny than what I've seen so far.

Not sure how I feel about this:
Facebook page claiming corruption in NSW town of Mudgee irks police

https://www.facebook.com/mrfknbmz?ref=stream

Dude running it seems like a bit of a nutter, but it seems like it should be something the police should have to deal with rather than shutting it down.

I don't like that they are trying to shut the page down and I don't doubt police can be arseholes and corruption happens.

But people always refuse to accept responsibility for their actions, especially for stuff regarding cops and courts. I spend most of my time in court rooms for work and its amazing how much people refuse to accept despite overwhelming evidence and even their own admission of guilt.

Kritz

Banned
I saw someone gave Aon a TF2 doll

I may have then quickly bought some of my own.

Z0ooiwJh.jpg
HnctNBfh.jpg
dj4DZBkh.jpg

(I don't remember my iphone taking such horrible images but unfortunately it's all I've got.)

now to sell the items they came with for approximately the same amount as the figures cost!

I saw someone gave Aon a TF2 doll

I may have then quickly bought some of my own.

(I don't remember my iphone taking such horrible images but unfortunately it's all I've got.)

now to sell the items they came with for approximately the same amount as the figures cost!

I want a red team Sniper. Those figures look great.

when evs cods!

you and omi just need to keep yourselves under control. bloody throwing food and drink all over the place.
I promise nothing!

also, everyone should look at the wonderful animals that the seoul zoo has on offer in its austrian section:
We bought one of these fridge magnets the first time we went to Austria (pictured: someone else's fridge):
2092774652_e4435eb055_m.jpg

AusBoardGameGAF, I may have purchased Caverna.
Couldn't just play Agricola in a darkened room?

Sony were onto a good thing with Full Game Trials. They just didn't have the UI/technology for it to hit the right impulse buy timeframe.

I bought Saints Row 4 >.>

Was only $18 for a ROW steamkey at least. I feel so dirty. I'm not allowed to let marketing trick me into buying a game I don't need.

The lure of the Crackdown, tis too much though :)

I spend most of my time in court rooms for work and its amazing how much people refuse to accept despite overwhelming evidence and even their own admission of guilt.
I get great stories from the court reporter down here. Helps that I know most of the people going through our courts because of work though, makes it easier to piece things together and avoid any explosive incidents.

Fucking dreadful to hear about all the kids who get shipped off to foster care, even if it's only for the night :(

had to stop for a bit and am at big green thing.

kim cattrel is a horrible actress

what the fuck is going on.

ahhahahah what

aahahhaha
kurt: "green explosions, people flyin' in an out that wasn't real i wanna tork to da cawps i want my truck back and WHERE AM I ;_;"
lady: "youre in my office"
kurt: "WHAT DYOU SCHLEEP IN YOUR AWFICE"

THANK YOU MARGOT WHATEVER FOR THAT PLOT THICKENING

is kurt just putting on his best john wayne impression the whole way through this movie? this is incredible.

hair woosh

*chimes*

wheelchairs

this movie is balls to the wall weird but hilarious

HOLY FUCKING EIDT: THAT WAS THE MOST INTENSE WHEELCHAIR BALANCING EVER

edit2: there's still 50 minutes to go :eek:

I feel like some of the fight scenes from my favourite bad kids movies (3 Ninjas series) were inspired by some of these fighting scenes. (also the bus driver is the grandfather in 3ninjas)

I'm going to rewaatch those later. HAHAHA WHAT THE FUCK at those horrible fake eyes.

aahahahaha is that big foot

I really don't watch movies very often, but now that I have netflix (and the 50 films/year challenge) i'm trying to watch more stuff I missed

If you have a list, share it with me because I have next to none. I'm trying to watch all the 80s stuff I missed by, you know, not being alive.

edit im loving the horrible sound effects

edit: "You will come out no more." "WAT. WHAT WILL COME OUT NO MORE"

edit: I'm gonna watch Double Dragon (1994) next http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Double_Dragon/455668?trkid=7203170

ahahhaah that flying swordfight and then the sexy eyebrows afterwards

edit: hahaha raiden from mortal kombat

That was a great movie! The ending song is weird.

The movie was obviously about the sidekick skinny asian kid. I love how Kurt was literally everything he shouldn't have been in a leading man. Didn't even kiss the girl ahahah.

5/5

Gazunta

I've never seen Big Trouble in Little China either.

Other classic films I have never seen:

The one with the big fight where one dude is trying to get the other dude to put on some glasses to see some aliens? Or something?

The one with Arnie in it shooting stuff?

The Rambos.

Jintor

There's some moments I thought were standout great in that movie, having only seen it for the first time last week:

The beer bottle reflexes scene swinging around
The wheelchair scene
The scene where he shoots a guy and briefly freaks out before pretending he's done it a million times before
The weapon swapping scene
Him shooting the roof and getting hit on the head by falling debris
The scene where all you see is a doorway and the asian dude fighting one of the Storms, that scene is fucking hilarious

Also, the fight choreography is fucking legit.

xb1machinima.png

Microsoft paying YouTubers for Xbox One mentions

These kinds of payments aren't inherently suspect in and of themselves. If the video makers disclosed that Microsoft was paying extra for these videos, and if they were allowed to say whatever they wanted in those videos, then the whole thing could be seen as merely an unorthodox way to increase exposure for the Xbox One on YouTube.

That's not the case, however. According to a leaked copy of the full legal agreement behind the promotion, video creators "may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One, or any of its Games" and must keep the details of the promotional agreement confidential in order to qualify for payment. In other words, to get the money, video makers have to speak positively (or at least neutrally) about the Xbox One, and they can't say they're being paid to do so.

The arrangement as described might go against the FTC's guidelines for the use of endorsements in advertising, which demand full disclosure when there is "a connection between the endorser and the seller of the advertised product that might materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement." The document offers a specific example of a video game blogger who gets a free game system that he later talks about on his blog. That blogger would need to disclose that gift, the FTC says, because his opinion is "disseminated via a form of consumer-generated media in which his relationship to the advertiser is not inherently obvious." That same reasoning would seem to apply to the opinions expressed by the video makers participating in this promotion. Neither Microsoft nor Machinima responded immediately to a request for comment on the matter, but we'll let you know if and when we hear from them.

Fucking glad this came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom