• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

The Genius...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!! Eliminated by nothing more than chance, and to Jiwon of all people.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Not sure on the server situation. Pretty sure they are using the EA network which has been pretty damn good in the past here in terms of network stability, at least on 360.

Where are you looking to grab a copy from? On Thursday Target will have it for $79 although it has been cheaper.

Haha hells yeah, i might jump on that 79 dollar deal, although i was planning on doing it using the Microsoft store and my american address, the 3xGB download was gonna be a bitch, but ill leave it overnight.

hamchan

The Genius...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!! Eliminated by nothing more than chance, and to Jiwon of all people.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Of course luck would be the only thing to take Jinho down. Best participant gone.

I do like Sangmin though, so I'll probably still watch. He was pretty great this ep, figuring out the trick behind the dice before anyone else. He's always been a sorta villain in the show too, so when he betrays people I still like him.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The Genius...

My issue with the show has always been
A game titled the genius with games of luck in them makes no fucking sense. As others mentioned in steam chat, it was luck because of a dumb rule, But that rule shouldn't exist in the first place.

Yeah I picked up Link Between Worlds and 3D World pretty cheap there. Post is a bit slow but that was over the Christmas period. What's your aversion to Euro games?
It's not a deal breaker for systems that aren't region locked, but there are some little things like European versions of Nintendo games might not have a Club Nintendo code that is compatible with Australian accounts, it could insignificantly work against Australia getting releases and I think the PEGI classification icons don't look as good. It's enough that it should be disclosed.

I've ordered recently from a site that showed an Australian version and the game ended up being European, which was slightly disappointing.

Is there a way to watch the tennis without having to watch it on channel 7? So fucking annoyed of my kitchen rules advertisements and pop ups. :X

Hey Eatchildren, I saw a billboard in Ballarat today about a beer festival on 1st of feb. Any idea if that's a good one to check out? Couldn't read where it was but google tells me it's in Geelong.

Is anyone here into fighting games? I picked up KOFXIII and SSF4 for PC. Online play has been surprisingly decent, but it would be cool to arrange some matches with locals.

SSF4, but haven't played in a while.

What? How many other AusGAFfers haven't seen it?

I had watched it so many years ago that I've forgotten most of it. Looks like it's time to rewatch it as an adult.

Thanks.
That makes me feel alot more comfortable putting the money down for the game now.
I was worried there werent enough or any servers for BF4 in Australia.

Same case as PS4 servers. Working now but not without regular hiccups. EA is to blame, platform doesn't matter. I feel bad paying 25 bucks for the PS4 version. If there's an award for PoS of the year, it goes to BF4 hands down.

well i won this auction on ebay
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/25142517...IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&autorefresh=true
and it really seems too good to be true...suspiciously suspicious.

Make sure you take exact change.

True Detective is fantastic.

I feel like a husk who wonders why I still want to exist on this coil but it's fantastic.

Very stylish. Very acting. Very direction. Very writing. Very good focus on characters over the case.

Watch it, watch it as soon as you can. Sit down and soak in the perfectly shot scenes and constant dense symbolism.

Shaneus

Which song was it? I think I tried picking it but couldn't. Great cameo.

Edit: Oh yeah. Surprisingly good! I wonder if he'll make another appearance? Fingers crossed.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Just went to see major lazer.

Was pretty fucking awesome. Second time I've seen them now, first time with just diplo. Seemed a bit more mix heavy than the last gig, but was still awesome.

lol

K524Kmz.png

You agree to keep confidential at all times all matters relating to this Agreement and any Assignment including, without limitation, the Details and Compensation listed above.

You understand that You may not post a copy of this Agreement or any Assignment or any terms thereof online or share them with any third party without EA's prior written consent. You agree that You have read the Nondisclosure Agreement (attached hereto and marked as Exhibit A) and You understand and agree to all of terms of the Nondisclosure Agreement, which are incorporated as part of this Agreement.

At least it mentions you can talk about what you don't like so much.

Edit: Thought I might talk about Surgeon Simulator since Shaneus was kind enough to gift me a copy. I played the original version shortly after it was made for whatever game jam it was made for and had a good laugh, but got pretty much nowhere. I've now finished all of the surgeries in the full game that I know of (including the
TF2 medic
one). Flailing around with the disembodied arm, trying to pick up a phone at the menu or put a disk in the computer drive is equal parts frustrating and hilarious.

But, I think deliberately being difficult to control and understand makes it a pretty rubbish 'game'. In the kidney operation, I spent more than ten minutes just trying to flip out one kidney with a spoon because it was impossible to grasp despite there being a massive cavity in which to stick a hand. Terrible stuff and very frustrating, due to the controls.

Erm, the end.

Shaneus

That reminds me, that Indie Gala package that had... um... Deadly Premonition in it, now also has Viscera Cleaning Detail. It sounds like it's some special edition Christmas version, but hopefully that doesn't mean it's cut down.

BTW, anyone know if Vita TV is coming out here? I'm considering getting one pretty much exclusively for TxK.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
At least it mentions you can talk about what you don't like so much.

Edit: Thought I might talk about Surgeon Simulator since Shaneus was kind enough to gift me a copy. I played the original version shortly after it was made for whatever game jam it was made for and had a good laugh, but got pretty much nowhere. I've now finished all of the surgeries in the full game that I know of (including the
TF2 medic
one). Flailing around with the disembodied arm, trying to pick up a phone at the menu or put a disk in the computer drive is equal parts frustrating and hilarious.

But, I think deliberately being difficult to control and understand makes it a pretty rubbish 'game'. In the kidney operation, I spent more than ten minutes just trying to flip out one kidney with a spoon because it was impossible to grasp despite there being a massive cavity in which to stick a hand. Terrible stuff and very frustrating, due to the controls.

Erm, the end.

It makes for an excellent Co-op game! One user controlling the mouse, the other using the keyboard.

you won't regret it.

Rahk

That reminds me, that Indie Gala package that had... um... Deadly Premonition in it, now also has Viscera Cleaning Detail. It sounds like it's some special edition Christmas version, but hopefully that doesn't mean it's cut down.
Pretty sure it's just a small spin off considering the main game isn't even out yet. If you pre-order the full version you get both the Christmas version and the Shadow Warrior version.

Gazunta

OK, time for me to be positive. Negativity never solved anything!

Here's 10 things for me to be positive about.

I'm alive.
My wife's alive.
My cats are alive.
My comic is the #1 Google Image Search result for 'pac-man'
Commodore 64 emulators are great and run on pretty much everything.
Um. Hot chocolate is nice.
Er.
Uh...
Hmmm...
Alyson Hannigan is cute.

Shit, at least I tried.

Dead Man

This is the greatest use of technology, ever, ever.

Very tempted to run a bunch of my comics through this...maybe do a C64-themed book one day.

Good holy fuck am I in a bad mood today. And it's nobody's fault really - I'm just exhausted and hungry and can't think straight. I'm gonna have a hot chocolate, that should fix it all right?

That is awesome. And I find either chocolate or smacking people in the mouth for no reason cheers me up :)

Danoss

My issue with the show has always been
A game titled the genius with games of luck in them makes no fucking sense. As others mentioned in steam chat, it was luck because of a dumb rule, But that rule shouldn't exist in the first place.

Absolutely.
They did revise the game so the most effective bluffing would only occur at certain points in the game, reducing the strength of people (Jinho) strategically forcing their opponent to fold on a 10 by having the community cards as an indicator.

After what happened in the first round, the chips should have been returned to both players and then started the next round. Leaving it to chance entirely is ridiculous and that is clearly what Jiwon wanted from the beginning. Yes, it was very tense, but I can put that down purely to the fact that I (and most others, I'm sure) didn't want to see Jinho go.

Alyson Hannigan is cute.

Alyson Hannigan is also alive.

The 360 version of Borderlands 2 GOTY edition is $23 posted atm.
Cheaper than the fucking Season Pass, I already paid $10 for the GoD version, I just want the fucking DLC packs >_<

BTW, anyone know if Vita TV is coming out here? I'm considering getting one pretty much exclusively for TxK.

8 ball says ask again later.

Might get a stealth release later in the year but Sony don't care too much about it. It will become much more valuable to them once Playstation Now hits.

Also TxK should be experienced on the OLED and not stretched up onto a TV screen man!

Rahk

Absolutely.
They did revise the game so the most effective bluffing would only occur at certain points in the game, reducing the strength of people (Jinho) strategically forcing their opponent to fold on a 10 by having the community cards as an indicator.

After what happened in the first round, the chips should have been returned to both players and then started the next round. Leaving it to chance entirely is ridiculous and that is clearly what Jiwon wanted from the beginning. Yes, it was very tense, but I can put that down purely to the fact that I (and most others, I'm sure) didn't want to see Jinho go.
Along with some clever editing.

More Genius spoilers:
I feel like Jinho should have taken the draw into account and folded to avoid it becoming luck based, knowing that Jiwon would have only gone all in if it was a sure thing. I mean I'm sure he did take it into account considering how long he was thinking, but I guess probability weighed more heavily on his mind. That and having minimum chips.

But yeah, it's a stupid rule to have in a show that shouldn't be based on luck, and returning chips makes more sense.

Frawdder

ATTN: Megadrive

Bot's been banned from steam chat for constantly joining and disconnecting.

The Genius talk

Was disappointing to see Jinho eliminated to luck, goes against everything the show's about but I guess that was the only way Jiwon could win because I think Sangmin said it during the episode "Jinho will just remember the cards".

It sucks that teams have formed and it's "us" versus "them" and Jiwon and co are just picking off the rest.

Hongchul rolling the dice was probably the funniest bit of the season. Chwa!

Shaneus

8 ball says ask again later.

Might get a stealth release later in the year but Sony don't care too much about it. It will become much more valuable to them once Playstation Now hits.

Also TxK should be experienced on the OLED and not stretched up onto a TV screen man!
Yeah, but I have a Panasonic plasma, so it will look almost as good as OLED Vita (plus less hand crampy). Plus big-screen Minter... cheaper than buying a Jag and T2k

On that note, anyone have any ideas/tips for a Vita grip that's comfortable (I've seen ones in the shape of a PS3 controller) and has a built-in battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom