• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danoss

New episode of The Genius is up for streaming! Hopefully the hardsubs aren't too far away, I don't think I can hold out much longer.

Here is unboxing video for Caverna.

http://instagram.com/p/jYeJljhATK/

(he gets such joy from punching all the tiles.)

Drop by next time you're in Sydney, I have plenty of work for him.

If he finds he enjoys cleaning mould lines from miniatures, that would be a great help too. :p

We watched Big Trouble in Little China last week, though it was about my 5th time, kids these days.

As a kid I'd seen that movie so many times, it was ridiculous. Now, I can't remember much of anything that happens in it. Watching it again will be like the first time all over again, I'll have to do that soon.

I should enjoy Big Trouble in Little China since I like goofy action movies, but every time I've watched it, I get nothing out of it.

Maybe I don't actually like goofy action movies in general, just SOME goofy action movies.

#TeamHudsonHawk #TeamTango&Cash

Shaneus

I should enjoy Big Trouble in Little China since I like goofy action movies, but every time I've watched it, I get nothing out of it.

Maybe I don't actually like goofy action movies in general, just SOME goofy action movies.

Rambo... is a pussy.

PS. Yeah, that makes no sense. How you can't like it is beyond me. Next you'll be telling me you don't like The Golden Child or They Live. I'd almost be up for creating a (Aus)GAF Watches Big Trouble in Little China/Golden Child thread. Even if it's just filled with people from this thread, I don't care. Everyone needs a little Pork Chop Express in their life.

Gazunta

FUCK YES HUDSON HAWK I WILL DEFEND THAT MOVIE TILL MY DYING BREATH.

The game is also quite good. And it came with a Hudson Hawk hat that you'd be proud to wear at family gatherings.

As a kid I'd seen that movie so many times, it was ridiculous. Now, I can't remember much of anything that happens in it. Watching it again will be like the first time all over again, I'll have to do that soon.

Pretty much this. Seen it so long ago I couldn't tell you much about it. Will watch again one day.

Movie Club this week we continue the round of 60's movies with Planet of the Apes. Shall be watching tonight. Good times.

Wii U basic with 2 games for $249 from Target starting this Thursday: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/130888

I don't know what the two games are, but it's a pretty great price! When you account for the games, it's about as good as the Dick deal last year. Word on the street is K Mart will also be clearing their stocks, but that could be bunk.

Also, Big Trouble In Little China is awesome.

TxK delay was to slot it into PLAY which sucks. That's MS style holding back, fucking hate that >_<

Wii U basic with 2 games for $249 from Target starting this Thursday: https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/130888

Nintendoland and Skylanders. Catalogue is finally up, was worried it was bullshit since the OzBargain post went up without a source. Not as good a deal as the Dick Smith one but it's not terrible if you are looking to buy a WiiU ASAP for some reason. EDIT: Also it's WHITE. Bleh :/

KMart clearance has been gaining more steam this week. Could just be people bullshitting though.

In any case it would be shocking if we didn't see a firesale this year on the WiiU. Retailers have been sitting on them for way too long without selling any.

2DS bundle with Pokemon X or Y for $169 is a decent deal too if you really want to play Pokemon right meow.

senahorse

I've never seen Big Trouble in Little China either.

Other classic films I have never seen:

The one with the big fight where one dude is trying to get the other dude to put on some glasses to see some aliens? Or something?

The one with Arnie in it shooting stuff?

The Rambos.

*sigh*, kids these days, next you will tell me you haven't heard of games like Blue Max or Zork

I had that experience last week, movie still holds up well.

KMart clearance has been gaining more steam this week. Could just be people bullshitting though.

In any case it would be shocking if we didn't see a firesale this year on the WiiU. Retailers have been sitting on them for way too long without selling any.

How low did Gamecube prices get at retailers? And how quickly? I picked one up from Cash Convertors in 2004 for $50.

How low did Gamecube prices get at retailers? And how quickly? I picked one up from Cash Convertors in 2004 for $50.

Not sure, that was before my time moving to the big sticks!

I bought a brand new sealed Gamecube off eBay for $50 posted at the start of 2005 from a warehouse that had like 400 of them lol

I'm interested to see if Nintendo will clear out the Basic model and focus on one SKU. Onboard storage is cheap as chips and at this point they NEED to bundle software with every single WiiU to get people to buy it.

The Wii had Wii Sports. The WiiU needs a pack in game (I don't think that's Nintendoland but people will disagree with me).

Not sure, that was before my time moving to the big sticks!

I bought a brand new sealed Gamecube off eBay for $50 posted at the start of 2005 from a warehouse that had like 400 of them lol

I'm interested to see if Nintendo will clear out the Basic model and focus on one SKU. Onboard storage is cheap as chips and at this point they NEED to bundle software with every single WiiU to get people to buy it.

The Wii had Wii Sports. The WiiU needs a pack in game (I don't think that's Nintendoland but people will disagree with me).

I think clearing out the Basic model is the obvious move. I actually thought they had already done that? I wouldn't be surprised if some of these retailers still have launch units, which is just insane. Retailers must be pissed with all the wasted space. I know the Dick Wii U I got was a launch model.

A different pack in is a good idea as well. SM3DW would be the obvious choice, and a Mario Kart bundle should be on the cards if they really want to turn sales around.

There's some moments I thought were standout great in that movie, having only seen it for the first time last week:

The beer bottle reflexes scene swinging around
The wheelchair scene
The scene where he shoots a guy and briefly freaks out before pretending he's done it a million times before
The weapon swapping scene
Him shooting the roof and getting hit on the head by falling debris
The scene where all you see is a doorway and the asian dude fighting one of the Storms, that scene is fucking hilarious

Also, the fight choreography is fucking legit.

I love this post. Jintor, you are right. I laughed hysterically at all of those except the
doorway
one. Dont remember that at all

Rambo... is a pussy.

PS. Yeah, that makes no sense. How you can't like it is beyond me. Next you'll be telling me you don't like The Golden Child or They Live. I'd almost be up for creating a (Aus)GAF Watches Big Trouble in Little China/Golden Child thread. Even if it's just filled with people from this thread, I don't care. Everyone needs a little Pork Chop Express in their life.

Because Victor Wong is in this I'll watch this before Double Dragon. Thanks Shaneus!

edit: fuck sorry for the double post

What's PLAY? I read in a TxK thread on the Llamasoft forum (it was linked in that TxK thread on here) that they were fixing things up on the game right up until recently.
I thought Minter said back in December it was finished and they were waiting for Sony? I remember a tweet at some point.

I think clearing out the Basic model is the obvious move. I actually thought they had already done that? I wouldn't be surprised if some of these retailers still have launch units, which is just insane. Retailers must be pissed with all the wasted space. I know the Dick Wii U I got was a launch model.

A different pack in is a good idea as well. SM3DW would be the obvious choice, and a Mario Kart bundle should be on the cards if they really want to turn sales around.
Yeah the only difference is the unit colour (which is largely unimportant to most consumers they NEED to target), slightly bigger storage space (but still fucking small but the market they haven't hit yet are the ones who will mostly buy retail) and a few odds and ends like the stand for the Pad. Better to clear that shit out, just go with one SKU to avoid giving consumers too much to weight up.

Pretty sure it was heavily rumoured that Nintendo were paying retailers to keep the WiiU on shelves rather than have it sent back to them. Fairly certain it was happening in the US, not sure if they would have to do it here.

3DWorld is a perfect pack in. Shows off well in advertisements because of the nostalgia factor mixed in with new camera angles so it seems like a new game, as well as having 4 player co-op to market too.
I would throw a second game in there too, not sure what though lol
Maybe LEGO Undercover!

Mario Kart would be a great pack in once it comes out too. People of all markets love that fucking thing. It's a powerful title.

No Rune Factory 4 for EU/AU. Fuck Nintendo.

Fixed. The joys of idiots making their hardware region locked!

Jintor

I love this post. Jintor, you are right. I laughed hysterically at all of those except the
doorway
one. Dont remember that at all

It's at the finale of the movie after they get out of the pipe (another joke I thought was awesome,
"How did you get up there?!?" "IT WASN'T EASY!"
)

It's literally like just a half minute of them having this insanely intense fight but the camera is just framed on the doorway so you get these tiny glimpses. It's such a good joke lol

Shaneus

Because Victor Wong is in this I'll watch this before Double Dragon. Thanks Shaneus!
It may or may not be as good as Little China, but I still love it. You might even have come across a scene or two from the movie in your travels, like the dancing stop-motion Pepsi can.

I thought Minter said back in December it was finished and they were waiting for Sony? I remember a tweet at some point.
He did, but recently in that thread the other dude in Llamasoft mentioned having to tweak some stuff or something.
YO1hFlh.png

PS. You didn't explain to me what PLAY was :(

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Im just about to buy the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4.

Any AusGAF users have comments on how the servers are down under, is it worth it to buy this on Xbox One in Australia I see alot of my old mates in the US are absolutely loving it, but im stuck in Australia for the next few months so i need to know how the MP is here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want my Battlefield 4 fix and im not gonna do it on PC just cuz i havent played M/KB in forever and i fear i will suck too much ass.

P.S ISP is Internode.

Dead Man

I haven't. Will have to fix that on the weekend I think.

Me also. It's just one of those things, you know? Maybe this weekend...

I've never seen Big Trouble in Little China either.

Other classic films I have never seen:

The one with the big fight where one dude is trying to get the other dude to put on some glasses to see some aliens? Or something?

The one with Arnie in it shooting stuff?

The Rambos.
AusGAF is a source of sadness and disappointment. You need to fix that.
Do it.

What the fuck? Don't like BTiLC but you rep Hudson Hawk? Madness.
Rambo... is a pussy.

Yep. I'd be down for that.
We watched Big Trouble in Little China last week, though it was about my 5th time, kids these days.
Indeed.

I don't know what the two games are, but it's a pretty great price! When you account for the games, it's about as good as the Dick deal last year. Word on the street is K Mart will also be clearing their stocks, but that could be bunk.

Also, Big Trouble In Little China is awesome.

Still not cheap enough for me to bite.

Im just about to buy the Xbox One version of Battlefield 4.
Any AusGAF users have comments on how the servers are down under, is it worth it to buy this on Xbox One in Australia I see alot of my old mates in the US are absolutely loving it, but im stuck in Australia for the next few months so i need to know how the MP is here.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just want my Battlefield 4 fix and im not gonna do it on PC just cuz i havent played M/KB in forever and i fear i will suck too much ass.
No idea sorry, not sure anyone in here has BF4 on X1 :(

EDIT: Actually one of the local games media guys got back to me, says its running fine here at the moment (despite the SP saves still getting chewed up).
Another is saying the sound cuts out in MP sometimes but that's his only issue at the moment.

Blocked at work. Duh.
Use your phone. Duh.

Oh wow that looks cool!
Thanks for the heads up, I might even grab it for my Vita. Only $8 at launch in the US so hopefully we aren't paying more than that (lol).

My grandmother moved in with us about a month ago and even though it's lovely having her up (and safer) I feel really awful. She keeps talking about how she wants to go home to her cat (who my mother had to put in a home), but she has dementia and can't really look after herself well. She still has her mind but she's forgotten all about safety and hygiene things, especially in the kitchen, so she needs to be monitored all the time. I feel bad for getting frustrated but if I put something on slow cook for the day I kind of need to guard it so she doesn't come and burn herself. She does look a lot healthier though now that she's up here. And she's really taken a liking to boyfriend :p I think he's the only person whose name she consistently remembers.

also gaah I completely forgot to post my secret santa goodies. I really love this bunny ring but it makes me so sad when I wear it ;.; He's just holding on for dear life there. I do love bunnies and pokemon though, so thanks secret santa :D
(sorry for the blurry pictures :| they looked alright on the camera)

Dead Man

My grandmother moved in with us about a month ago and even though it's lovely having her up (and safer) I feel really awful. She keeps talking about how she wants to go home to her cat (who my mother had to put in a home), but she has dementia and can't really look after herself well. She still has her mind but she's forgotten all about safety and hygiene things, especially in the kitchen, so she needs to be monitored all the time. I feel bad for getting frustrated but if I put something on slow cook for the day I kind of need to guard it so she doesn't come and burn herself. She does look a lot healthier though now that she's up here. And she's really taken a liking to boyfriend :p I think he's the only person whose name she consistently remembers.

also gaah I completely forgot to post my secret santa goodies. I really love this bunny ring but it makes me so sad when I wear it ;.; He's just holding on for dear life there. I do love bunnies and pokemon though, so thanks secret santa :D
(sorry for the blurry pictures :| they looked alright on the camera)
Too bad you can't have the cat there for her. Good that you are having time with her, and don't feel guilty for being frustrated sometimes. It's normal when dealing with loved ones with dementia. Doesn't mean you love her less. Make sure she doesn't steal your man though ;)

Gazunta

OMG new item in the Club Nintendo Australia store guys

mariohat-image.jpg

Oh man I just realised I haven't redeemed my points for Luigi and Zelda yet. Game And Watch 2 here I coooooooome

I saw that last week, looks super low quality lol

Was tempted to grab those fancy cards but all my points have expired as Nintendo are sneaky fuckers who don't like me :(

senahorse

Wait, so you're telling me that for a system plus 50-100 games I can then get a free Mario hat. Man that is a bargain, Nintendo Australia is all about the consumer, it's amazing the other two even try competing at this point.

Jintor

Hyrule Historia and Eyes of Bayonetta arrived. They were in two cardboard sleeves inside a cardboard box inside a giant sack waiting by my door, Amazon shipping is getting weirder and weirder.

Was tempted to grab those fancy cards but all my points have expired as Nintendo are sneaky fuckers who don't like me :(

The hanafuda set arrived about a week ago. It's fucking tiny.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
No idea sorry, not sure anyone in here has BF4 on X1 :(

EDIT: Actually one of the local games media guys got back to me, says its running fine here at the moment (despite the SP saves still getting chewed up).
Another is saying the sound cuts out in MP sometimes but that's his only issue at the moment..

Thanks.
That makes me feel alot more comfortable putting the money down for the game now.
I was worried there werent enough or any servers for BF4 in Australia.

Damn Jintor, those cards looked great, sucks to hear they are small :(

Wait, so you're telling me that for a system plus 50-100 games I can then get a free Mario hat. Man that is a bargain, Nintendo Australia is all about the consumer, it's amazing the other two even try competing at this point.

Totally worth the effort to go around wearing a piece of advertisement for a company!

Thanks.
That makes me feel alot more comfortable putting the money down for the game now.
I was worried there werent enough or any servers for BF4 in Australia.

Not sure on the server situation. Pretty sure they are using the EA network which has been pretty damn good in the past here in terms of network stability, at least on 360.

Where are you looking to grab a copy from? On Thursday Target will have it for $79 although it has been cheaper.

Axiom

I got an EB gift card for Christmas and decided I wanted to own a physical copy of Danganronpa as I'm utterly amazed it's even coming out down here.

I've never seen game retail workers as shocked as they seemed when I asked about a game they've never heard of coupled with the fact they openly remarked at the novelty of someone pre-ordering a Vita game.

I mean I'm shocked too, but only because in recent months if you saw me playing the thing you'd think it was a dedicated Spelunky handheld

Deeku

man i really needa put some time into bravely default, still only played like 45 mins:/ been busy with dark souls cos a. jeff, and b. i wanna finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom