• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

elektrixx

Banned
I don't normally visit AusGAF (politics and AFL are dumb), but now I need assistance.

I've been listening to a lot of Grinspoon again the last couple of weeks. Why do I remember More Than You Are so well when there was no music video? Was it in a game?

"You can't spend what you haven't got," Mr Abbott told the meeting in Davos.

"No country has ever taxed or subsidised its way to prosperity. You don't address debt and deficit with yet more debt and deficit.

holy shit.

Oh I forgot Lotus Island came out last year. Tell your Limp Bizkit loving friend to vote for that instead. Black Light Burns are so much better than Limp Bizkit.

I've been listening to a lot of Grinspoon again the last couple of weeks. Why do I remember More Than You Are so well when there was no music video? Was it in a game?

It got a lotttttttttttttttttttt of airplay back in the day. It and Black Friday were huge in the late 90's. Both were used on a shitton of surf videos (and local skate videos).

Classic Grinspoon is so damn good.

Deeku

so i haven't really done any meaningful physical outdoor activities in like ohhhhh probably 4 years, which means i'm totally prepared for a 15km mountain hike tomorrow morning...

i have a feeling that i don't quite understand what i've gotten myself into lol

Rahk

so i haven't really done any meaningful physical outdoor activities in like ohhhhh probably 4 years, which means i'm totally prepared for a 15km mountain hike tomorrow morning...

i have a feeling that i don't quite understand what i've gotten myself into lol
Hopefully you don't have plans to go anywhere on Sunday. I was sore the whole day after an ~8km mountain hike round trip in Japan. I don't really exercise, but managed it fine and could have probably done more, although my height may have helped the steep climb. Hopefully your trail isn't too steep. Just obviously take breaks when you feel the need. Good luck!

If they sell cheap wooden hiking sticks like they do in Japan I'd recommend you get one. I didn't, but in retrospect it would have been helpful.

I wish I could do it here.

Deeku

helpful advice!

i was hoping to just pick up a big stick off the ground! but yeah, i might go look at some sticks tonight since i need to go buy shoes - i'm pretty sure my feet will die if i go in converse. i also need a hat lol

will take plenty of water, and some snacks i guess

and yeah. expecting to not be able to move come sunday morning D:

helpful advice!

i was hoping to just pick up a big stick off the ground! but yeah, i might go look at some sticks tonight since i need to go buy shoes - i'm pretty sure my feet will die if i go in converse. i also need a hat lol

I'm pretty sure your converse would die too.

Sounds like fun though! Gonna take a camera??

Jintor

I just had a quick look through my phone camera photos... they're all uniformly terrible, orz

i should really learn how to use a proper camera some day

Watching Nadal beat Federer again is just depressing.

Oh well, I'll just wait for Nadal to be exposed as a drug cheat.

Haha seems everyone feels the same way. It'll be interesting to see if tennis will be as popular when he retires. So many people i know really only watch because of him.

Edit: Like most sports tennis is rife with drug cheats but i doubt they'll ever get caught.

Deeku

Be careful with new shoes on a hike, generally it's best to wear them in a bit before going on a major trek, good luck :)
D:

Hmm, guess I should go for a stroll in them later tonight. Also this reminded me that I should take some bandaids in case of blisters
I'm pretty sure your converse would die too.

Sounds like fun though! Gonna take a camera??
yeahhh iphone:D

:(
I just had a quick look through my phone camera photos... they're all uniformly terrible, orz

i should really learn how to use a proper camera some day
i have a lot of accidental photos from when i'm using it to check whether i have stuff stuck in my teeth after eating...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I remember the first few, at least the first one or two had some amazing tracks that I doubt I'd ever see on Rage again (unless it's from some wanky "look how old-school I am!" programmer).

PS. 1995 had the best compilation CD they've ever put out... was on rotation in my local pool hall's jukebox until they got rid of the jukebox completely. Had Rock 'n' Roll is Where I Hide on it.

PS. Humble has a new pack, and it's roguelikes. I am already dad.

yeah 95 -98 are great.

fun fact, my dad used to jam with mr graney

Rahk

helpful advice!

Sure, stick off the ground will work if you can find one!

Shaneus

Jintor

Considering getting Sasswot's Creed 4 for $25 with the amazon deal.

I wouldn't even play it for a month or so, but... hmmm...

Liar. You love agreeing with me.
I will deny it with my dying breath, sir!

so this reminded me that I should take some bandaids in case of blisters
Pro tip: put band aids on you heels before you leave to help prevent blisters! You're welcome.

Possibly the best pool hall music combo possible. Without being cliche, that is.
Nice selection. Veeeeery nice selection. It's like you've been looking at the Times Played in my media library.

Axiom

I must chime in to say that while Cook, Serve, Delicious! is a single player game, it's great fun to play as a group

Mondy

Banned
Thanks Herald Sun for affirming my disgust at your paper.

1504534_612909635423964_1044160927_n.jpg

Ohohoho WOW.

Shaneus

Nice selection. Veeeeery nice selection. It's like you've been looking at the Times Played in my media library.
I'm not stalking you!

I really should get onto some of the older H100s, must be around the 'net somewhere. Good mix of Aussie alt. pub... university rock... something..., and flashback-inducing, not-quite-mainstream international tracks. Probably good to jam out to for Australia Day, even if I'm just fucking about around the house.

Mondy

Banned
Sony are having an Australia Day Sale. Wow, good on them :) All our Sports games are discounted as well as both Bioshocks and a few movies and avatars.

r1chard

Waze (the social GPS app which I use on my commute 'cos it's actually often quite useful for pointing out traffic issues I can easily route around thanks to other Wazers) is having an Australia Day thing where there's these collectables sprinkled around the map to pick up. Whatever, except they've gone with Australian flags, koalas and ... boomerangs. Well, at least they didn't go with scalps I guess.

Shaneus

Pinball Arcade had better be on sale, damnit.

Edit: It's actually Australia *themed* stuff? Ugh. There couldn't be less collected in a sale that I could remotely give a shit about. Tops work, Sony.

Microsoft said:
It's like, we're the movie theater that has all the blockbuster movies, and has the most screens, and then somebody has figured out that there's also another movie theater that has less screens but if you look at this one movie, like, sometimes it looks better on their screen. And in our movie theater, sometimes some of our movies look better.
Their brains are melting. MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Oh what a world.

Sony are having an Australia Day Sale. Wow, good on them :) All our Sports games are discounted as well as both Bioshocks and a few movies and avatars.
Where do you get Sale from? Store just says Australia Day ;)

Super tempted to grab Move Street Cricket 2. Keep forgetting to check the cricket thread to see if anyone has it. Really popular in India apparently, sequel is much improved on the first game too.

Also mindblowing that Minecraft on PS3 has already sold 1 million copies! Only digital! Only launched like a month ago!
This is after already selling like 30 million copies elsewhere and a huge timed exclusivity deal with MS.
Sony need to bundle it with a Vita and advertise it during kids TV shows RIGHT MEOW

Mondy

Banned
Their brains are melting. MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Oh what a world.

Where do you get Sale from? Store just says Australia Day ;)

Super tempted to grab Move Street Cricket 2. Keep forgetting to check the cricket thread to see if anyone has it. Really popular in India apparently, sequel is much improved on the first game too.

Also mindblowing that Minecraft on PS3 has already sold 1 million copies! Only digital! Only launched like a month ago!
This is after already selling like 30 million copies elsewhere and a huge timed exclusivity deal with MS.
Sony need to bundle it with a Vita and advertise it during kids TV shows RIGHT MEOW

Playstation Blog.

"Enjoy these Australia Day discounts..."

Watching Nadal beat Federer again is just depressing.

Oh well, I'll just wait for Nadal to be exposed as a drug cheat.

I doubt it has anything to do with drugs. It's just Federer's mentality - he makes way too many errors against Nadal. Something happens to him when he loses a point that he should have won, and then it all goes downhill.

Sale my ass. Just look at the "sale" prices.

Bioshock infinite - $89.95.

It's currently free for US psn plus. My bet is that it will be free for Eu/Au in a month or two.

Jetpack Joyride is a free game on US psn, why the fuck are they charging for it on the AU store??

Now that I'm into the post-game optional levels of SM3D World, I'm trying out some of the games I got during the steam sale. 3D World is now officially my GOTY 2013. It was a good year and I still haven't cracked open ALBW.

Stanley Parable was... ok. amusing for a few playthroughs but I don't really think it's as worthy as everyone makes it out to be. Amusing for a short while, but a just a bit pompous.

On the other hand, I'm really, really enjoying Blood Dragon. And I had no interest in Far Cry 3. Fuck yeah! I'm totally up for a full game of that.

So the local team is in the Superbowl this weekend (monday, your time).

So, is it riots if they win or riots if they lose? I'm not sure. Woo. Seahawks!

Gaz, post from your Surface Pro if you got a surface pro.

r1chard

All these games in my Steam account, including backlog, and nothing I actually want to play (that I've not already played to death). The early release games have been played, and I'm holding off playing them more until they get more game. I've just 99%'ed Tomb Raider (NFI how I'm supposed to get that last 1% as I've 100%'ed the map, got all the XP and all the weapon mods). The only stuff lying about in my unplayed backlog is strategy games and right now I just want to shoot shit. Where the hell is Just Cause 3? Ugh.
</first-world-problems>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom