• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

Went for a nice ride out to a local lake for early breakfast this morning, great start to the day.

temporary_zps344d2cbe.jpg~original

Yes that's bacon sizzling :D

Danoss

Happy Invasion Australia Day!

I'm wondering if Australia will ever add celebrations to this day by allowing people to arrive by boat. Considering Aborigines came here by boat and so did the British, thus making the original founders of Australia, and the subsequent British colonials, "boat people". Since that's essentially what we're celebrating today, so why not go the whole hog?

I followed this link on my tablet, so I didn't see exactly where I was headed and the page wasn't clearly showing the byline, but I soon found out.

Love the headline belies the content, but that's hardly surprising. I don't recall the specifics of the original events, but going only from his article there were two people/groups doing the yelling:

1. 13-year-old girl
  2. Police
From its content alone, the headline should read: "Man honored after being yelled at by 13-year-old girl", and maybe he could add "and I'll disparage those who agree the response was correct". Preaching to the choir I know, it's just comical.

legend166

Anyone know the cheapest place to get a 360 controller for my PC? Mine is starting to break. I started playing Arkham Origins and can't open vents because the A button doesn't register the quick presses.

Gazunta

Posting from my Surface Pro 2.

FUCKING FINALLY <3 <3

OK now to start the long road of installing software

and by software I mean games

and by games I mean C64 emulators.

I'm up at Surfers for a weekend in Feb with my daughter (10). We've got a wedding in the morning on Saturday and then lunch of undefined duration (though I think we can probably assume running until 2ish) and then we're free to do whatever. We fly back to Melbs 2pm on Sunday from Brisbane. Is it AusGAF's opinion that we should spend the $120 to get us both into Wet'n'wild for what would probably only be about 2.5 hours in the hottest part of the day when we should really be hiding our pale white Melbournian skin in the shade somewhere... or is there something better we could do maybe?

2.5 hours isn't enough. I was there last month and even in a full day could not do all the rides/attractions due to the sheer number of people. Feb will have less people, but still, 2.5 hours is not enough nor worth $120.

Just take a bbq lunch cruise on the river in Surfers. 20 bucks for a 2 hour cruise and bbq. Can't get better than that in surfers.

Also, paying full price for theme parks is stupid. If you browse around, you can find cheap tickets on the web. I paid 70 bucks for a 3 parks pass in peak december, and 50 bucks in off peak june.

Yeah, it's certainly an acquired style of movie. Love that type of music though. The 70/80s John Carpenter style music was one of the reasons I loved the first Mass Effect so much.

Some other random movies you guys may be interested in (in no particular order, many aren't very good, no idea what you might've seen): Escape From New York, Willow, Legend, Highlander, Conan the Barbarian, Red Sonja, Starman, The Wraith, The Last Starfighter, The Breakfast Club, Krull, Top Secret, Real Genius, Porky's, Weird Science, Animal House.

I've watched most of them. Conan has been a long time favorite of mine (hence the psn id ruthlesbarbarian).

Posting from my Surface Pro 2.

FUCKING FINALLY <3 <3

OK now to start the long road of installing software

and by software I mean games

and by games I mean C64 emulators.

great. now I have to find new troll material with you!
Thanks for nothing!

I meant, enjoy!

Shaneus

Invasion
Australia Day, where everyone goes to the beach and fills it with rubbish, sofas and broken glass.

28beach_rubbish2_fct613x377x385_t460.jpg

25-1446694-fra270112rubbish1_fct869x535x77x75_t460.jpg
Jesus christ. Where's that?

Oh, and to misquote a well-known Simpsons line: Celebrate the birth of your nation by rubbishing a small part of it.

SMH. Fucking bogan wankers.

Kritz

Banned
So far my Australia Day has consisted of generating a new dnd character for an adventure tomorrow, playing dota 2, and drinking lots of coffee.

So not that much different from a normal day.

Shoulda bought a steak or something... turn on the bbq for the first time this summer. Ah well.

what
so i knew the football player that had that person kicked out of the mcg got australian of the year
and now i find out that boris fucking johnson got honorary australian of the year
like 3 years ago the lady that developed spray on skin for bushfire victims got it
i feel bad for all the people that deserved it
fucking australia full of fucking bogans and idiots

Celebrating Australia Day by eating dumplings for dinner.

Hop Hog is the #1 voted beer in the country again, second time in a row. Pacific Ale up there at #2.

I've watched most of them. Conan has been a long time favorite of mine (hence the psn id ruthlesbarbarian).
Good man. Hard to know what 'classics' (well, half of them are crap) you guys may not have seen if you've not seen Big Trouble in Little China.

Same thing happens on Melbourne Cup Day.
Just because you're wearing a suit doesn't mean you're not a bogan.

Fuck I would literally kill for some pork buns right about meow.

Might have to rely on cooking up some frozen pizza as I've had too many beers and these last 2 days of socalising have cleared the house out of food :/

ALSO John Carpenters 70's/80's run of movies are god tier. So much fun.

were duz u wurk

oh how embarrassin
I work in factories like sanitarium (PRAISE BE TO JEEBUS) n stuff
easy jobs easy moneys
I also going to university to get meself educated tho (and the work's very flexible so great for fitting around that)

Really? We don't get it on the shitty bayfm/coastfm/shitfm thing that gets played here. They play Lorde once or twice a day though.

Yah, not too sure which station they have on. Might be starFM.

Frawdder

I liked a lot more songs this year than in previous years, a whopping 7 (QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys & Karnivool)

I'd only heard a handful more because they were played at work.

But fuck that #1.

Arksy

#4 and #6

Just goes to show that some old school triple J listeners are still there.

If Triple J played more Arctic Monkeys and less Lorde and Vince Fucking Joy I might listen to it again. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom