• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
I get the weirdest emails sometimes.

Hello. My name is Gabe xxxx and I am the owner of a nonprofit Mississippi
Youth hockey league in Coldwater, Mississippi (The GHL). I have recently
acquired a new building for the kids to play hockey in, and they wanted the
building to have a name similar to an arena. I love Kritz.net and Citizen Burger Disorder,
and consider it a major part of my life. That is why i wanted to give you the
first opportunity to have the arena named after your company. The youth that
play here are all big gamers, and im positive that it would help get more CBD fans :) I am not asking for money or anything like that, (although all donations are accepted and a
sign with the Kritz.net/CBD logo on it would be cool to put up but not required)
just wanting to give you free advertisement as i am a huge fan. I am not looking
to go through a long process or anything like that, just a reply with a yes or a
no. Please let me know! Thanks and God bless! :)

Deeku

I mean, it's either some genuine dude being genuine, or it's a really convincing scam email being convincing

Dryk

Nah, don't think it's that...

They removed it from the Sony Playstation website of upcoming PS4 games.. And I can't find any YouTube videos on it..

It was a 2D sort of game, two armies fighting, a little gory, fall release I think, indie developers...
This War of Mine? Doesn't mesh with the release date though

Darklord

Banned
EB had their site down for 2 days to prepare for a $10 off sale? LOL. I was ready to buy a WiiU,it's still $30 more than JB.

Fredescu

They have the Wii U basic Skylanders pack for $297. When the site comes back up.

That's not as cheap as it's been, but I don't think you can get it anymore, so maybe that's not too bad.

Card Boy

Banned
Holy fuck!

YuCl6.png

A mates selling his wiiu if anyone is interested It's a white 8gb model (no box). He is chasing $200 plus postage. It's in good condition.

I'm happy to middle man it if anyone's interested.

N0VAM0D

It just occurred to me

Where are the christmas beetles. I haven't seen one in years.

I was just wondering that last night, actually! I saw heaps last year but none this year. Do they not hang around the Sydney CBD?

Not impressed with that EB sale at all. However, I am also completely unsurprised.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I have a terrible problem with Collector's Editions so will probably buy the Assassin's Creed: Unity one. Hell I may even buy a second Dragon Age one and give it to my brother.

Gazunta

Oh shit. Hopefully I can queue up downloads on my Vita for the PS4. Or at least "buy" PvZ.:

Yeah just add it to your cart on the Sony store site, you can download them whenever.

Nicely chuffed with NFS MW on Vita. But maaaaaan does it just make me miss Burnout Paradise!

Stackboy

I get the weirdest emails sometimes.

Sounds like something Gabe Newell would do. Nice job on your new friendship.

Nicely chuffed with NFS MW on Vita. But maaaaaan does it just make me miss Burnout Paradise!

I got home drunk on Friday night and had the urge to play Paradise. Man that game is still the best arcade racer around. Although Forza Horizon 2 is pretty great.

Sounds like something Gabe Newell would do. Nice job on your new friendship.

I got home drunk on Friday night and had the urge to play Paradise. Man that game is still the best arcade racer around. Although Forza Horizon 2 is pretty great.

As I am a lousy driver in car games, I play FH2 like it's BP. I shouldn't like it but I'm enjoying it a lot. The off road shit is the best bit.

jambo

FH2 is pretty damn great, amazing soundtrack.

I still get really frustrated with some of the super hard Bucket List challenges though, feels like the last 3 have been rain/night based.

Also the cheating AI is super annoying in off-road races.

I kinda hated Burnout Paradise despite buying it 3 times. Felt so uninvolved in the open world, despite enjoying it in a boring podcast game kinda way. Reminded me of a larger but more boring version of NFS Underground 2.
I'm not a huge fan of open world racing games though. Burnout Legends is the peak of series for me.

It's $5 for a single game. I bought five in one hit and paid $7 shipping.

That's much better. Nothing I'm super tempted to grab though as Mordor et al I got for $55 posted at launch already. Infinity figures are a good price though, I'd grab one or two if it was instore prices.

Oh shit. Hopefully I can queue up downloads on my Vita for the PS4. Or at least "buy" PvZ.

BTW Totally got that Santa thing at Aldi, one left at the first one we went to (at Keilor):

Nice! Yeah just click on my links and check them out through the SEN webpage, I must have booted up the PS4 store once or twice this year. No real need when the webpage is so much quicker and easier!

I kinda hated Burnout Paradise despite buying it 3 times. Despite buying it 3 times, felt so uninvolved in the open world despite buying it 3 times, despite enjoying it in a boring podcast game kinda way after having bought it not onece, not twice, but thrice. Reminded me of a larger but more boring version of NFS Underground 2 which I only bought 4 times.
I'm not a huge fan of open world racing games though despite buying it 3 times. Burnout Legends is the peak of series for me despite buying Burnout Paradise 3 times.

Rep, this is your post as everybody else will read it

Are there any good threads on existing PS4/PSVita Games? I've been a PC only gamer for ages (Well I had a PS3) and I just am thinking of PS4/PSVita this Christmas and want to know what's out other than the obvious stuff.

What kind of games are you keen on teacupcopter? Vita has a good spread in terms of games.

Rep, this is your post as everybody else will read it

Well I never actually touched the PS3/PC copies that I bought ;)

I have like 400 PC games I haven't booted up too. 100 or so 360 ones >_<

Mark down about 30-40 Vita ones too, still have 5 or 6 PS4 ones toooooooooo ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Finally resolved PC issues.

Somehow, my storage HDD (3TB) was causing my computer to boot slowly and act extremely erratically. Even after I formatted it. Disconnecting it caused my PC boot times to increase 15 fold, back up to proper SSD speeds. Got a new HDD and it does not cause the same issue.

Really weird.

Finally resolved PC issues.

Somehow, my storage HDD (3TB) was causing my computer to boot slowly and act extremely erratically. Even after I formatted it. Disconnecting it caused my PC boot times to increase 15 fold, back up to proper SSD speeds. Got a new HDD and it does not cause the same issue.

Really weird.

Must have been on it's way out. I had one like that a few years back and tore my hair out trying to find out the problem before just replacing it and sighing with relief. Didn't show up in any of the tests.

Of course stupid me didn't throw it away so I eventually gave it to my parents and then endured long distance tech support trying to get it working before realising my mistake >_<

Super happy SSD prices are coming down. Ordered a 480GB one last week for $200 posted, psyched to replace my 128GB one with it!

What kind of games are you keen on teacupcopter? Vita has a good spread in terms of games.

Well I never actually touched the PS3/PC copies that I bought ;)

I have like 400 PC games I haven't booted up too. 100 or so 360 ones >_<

Mark down about 30-40 Vita ones too, still have 5 or 6 PS4 ones toooooooooo ffffffffffffffffffffffffff

At the risk of sounding flaky pretty much anything. I'm not that fussed on multiplatform as I can just PC it (Although GTA V Maybe) but the genres I don't really like are sports mainly. I like RPGs but not when they get too creepy panty loli.

At the risk of sounding flaky pretty much anything. I'm not that fussed on multiplatform as I can just PC it (Although GTA V Maybe) but the genres I don't really like are sports mainly. I like RPGs but not when they get too creepy panty loli.

Ah I missed PS4 in your comment lol. GTA5 is great although I recommend preordering PS4 games since Dick Smith seems to always have then around the $55 mark. Just wait for a sale when it pops up on OzBargain.
You can get the odd digital bargain too, The Last of Us Remastered is USD$20 at the moment.

I'll do a write up when I get home! Maybe I should make up a quick and dirty website soon.

Gazunta

I spend the vast majority of my Vita time playing Lumines Electronic Symphony (God, I love that game so much, and the soundtrack is incredible), TxK and Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Remember folks: Never be more than five metres away from something that you can play Street Fighter on.

I spend the vast majority of my Vita time playing Lumines Electronic Symphony (God, I love that game so much, and the soundtrack is incredible), TxK and Street Fighter Alpha 2.

Remember folks: Never be more than five metres away from something that you can play Street Fighter on.

damn, the Wii U and Xbox 1 are 4.5 metres away and the PS4 is 6 metres. fuck. damn it all to hell.

Shaneus

Stella Young died. Oh man :(

I stick with TxK, Lumines and OlliOlli. No matter how much free shit I get via PSN, those are the three I come back to.

Must have been on it's way out. I had one like that a few years back and tore my hair out trying to find out the problem before just replacing it and sighing with relief. Didn't show up in any of the tests.

Of course stupid me didn't throw it away so I eventually gave it to my parents and then endured long distance tech support trying to get it working before realising my mistake >_<

Super happy SSD prices are coming down. Ordered a 480GB one last week for $200 posted, psyched to replace my 128GB one with it!

I got a 512gb MX100 to replace my Samsung 840 250gb.

300 w/ express shipping. Could have got it cheaper from Amazon but didn't want to wait.

I'm actually pissed I thought my SSD was busted and replaced it. I was fine with the 250 for now, wanted to wait until 1TB drives were in the ~300 range or below.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom