• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Can Australia not be so shit with mobile plans? I see other countries talk about they have 5gb, 10gb, and unlimited data plans on mobiles. We get 1gb for $73/month. How is that shit even allowed? How has mobile data never increased yet the prices do constantly? Every year we get WORSE value and just accept it.

You need to change providers. Thats terrible. Sounds like the people complaining about data caps and prices on wired internet who stick with telstra rather than one of the many better deals.

Darren870

Can Australia not be so shit with mobile plans? I see other countries talk about they have 5gb, 10gb, and unlimited data plans on mobiles. We get 1gb for $73/month. How is that shit even allowed? How has mobile data never increased yet the prices do constantly? Every year we get WORSE value and just accept it.

WHAT?!?

Mine is Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text and 2Gb of data for $29.90 a month with LycaMobile.

Why in gods name are you paying so much?

Wow you got a shit deal there. I'm on Vaya and get 1.5GB for $18 a month along with plenty of call/text credit, no contract.

Darren870

Check out yatango mobile too, custom plans with a 4g sim, no contract. Pretty good

I used to use them buy just switched to lycamobile. Sometimes i get stuck on the phone for work so I had to pay a bit more a month. No 4G on lyca though, not that I actually care that much.

Yatango does have good customer service though! Plus the app/dashboard is nice to see what your limits are at if your phone doesn't track it.

Cerity

I've gotten 3 emails today regarding ESO.

I played the beta and had enough, what makes them think I want to go back to it?

Try going with any non-Telstra plan in WA outside of Perth. You don't have a reliable choice in much of the country.

The Aldi mobile plan is through Telstra, wife pays $30 a month for a similar deal to me. Optus coverage here in country VIC is pretty great so I'm happy to stick with Vaya for now but it's nice knowing I can change to Aldi/Telstra and only lose less than a month of credit.

Darren870

Anyone know how to download a embeded flashplayer file from the internet? Websites that provide that service don't seem to work.

Trying to download this file:

LINK

Omikron

Anyone know how to download a embeded flashplayer file from the internet? Websites that provide that service don't seem to work.

LINK

I have in the past worked out via the source code of the webpage how to get the raw stream and download that, but often it is just easier to record a portion of your screen as the video plays using something like OBS.

https://obsproject.com/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

LINK

It seems to pull it from the channel 9 vod system. There's a large number of small pieces, about 1.4MB in size.

You would need to capture them all and join them together somehow.

You could get lucky with trying to view the page with an older user agent, which may bring up an MP4, But I didn't have any success just then.

Cerity

Grab replay media catcher or jaksta or something. You're pretty much trying to grab stuff from the only channel that doesn't have a browser based solution lol. I download stuff from SBS, ABC and 7 all the time. I'm pretty sure there's a script for 10 as well.

Darren870

Err okay. Will try that. Internet can be so slow at times and then I'll get buffering issues, was just hoping for an easy solution.

Thanks!

Why are you going with such a bad plan? I agree that in general our plans suck, but if you shop around you can do much better than that. My wife has 1.5GB per month on Optus for $30/month.

You need to change providers. Thats terrible. Sounds like the people complaining about data caps and prices on wired internet who stick with telstra rather than one of the many better deals.

WHAT?!?

Mine is Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text and 2Gb of data for $29.90 a month with LycaMobile.

Why in gods name are you paying so much?

Wow you got a shit deal there. I'm on Vaya and get 1.5GB for $18 a month along with plenty of call/text credit, no contract.

Those are new phone plans everywhere. I wanted to get a Galaxy S6. Iphone 6's are even more expensive and lesser popular phones like the HTC M9 is only barely cheaper. It's $73/month from Virgin. Optus are even worse at $71/month for just 500mb. Telstra is $86/month for 500mb(wtf?!). It's fucking ludicrous. I haven't upgraded yet but at those prices I don't know if I will.

I actually thought Mark Nicholas was groomed as such.

I think I heard him for a total of maybe half an hour over the World Cup? Warnie is burnt into my memory of that series the most. I don't mind Nicholas though, he can get too distracted with the wrong kind of people in the box though.

I used to watch Chricket and whenever I think of those days, I think of Ritchie benaud's voice. RIP

The whole country needs to take a minute and impersonate him out of respect.

Vormund

What is everyone getting MKx on? I can't make up my mind between ps4 or pc. I've got friends back home who will get it on ps4, but I doubt it will be playable online with them being in Europe and all.

PS4. Will wait for steam sale and get it on PC later.

Cerity

Man it feels good to be able to fix stuff.

My fans on my tower were playing up, found out that one of the wires going to the molex connector had more or less been ripped up due to me opening/closing the back panel all the time. Popped the pin out, stripped some of that wire, crimped a new pin and popped that back in.

F key on my keyboard stopped working, opened it up, pulled out a multimeter and tested the switch, open circuit the entire time. Desoldered the switch, opened the switch and saw a bit of corrosion/contaminant between the plates, cleaned that up soldered it back on and all is working well.

Keyboard seems to be nearing the end of it's life due to bad design though, the USB cable itself gets clamped between the actual keyboard plate and the enclosure. The daughterboard squashes the ribbon cable connecting it to the plate when all screwed in too. B, N, down and numpad 0 keys (probably a few others as well) work intermittently. RIP das keyboard, it's been a good 3 years. Time to find a new mechanical keyboard.

Man it feels good to be able to fix stuff.

My fans on my tower were playing up, found out that one of the wires going to the molex connector had more or less been ripped up due to me opening/closing the back panel all the time. Popped the pin out, stripped some of that wire, crimped a new pin and popped that back in.

I did the same to a Dyson vacuum cleaner in the last few days. Misses is like I need to buy a new vacuum give me monies. I'm all let me take a look...she's laughing too hard. So I bet her a blow job I can fix it and minutes later I've stripped the power cord, rewired a connector and bam the vacuum works better than before.

She's yet to make good on the bet :(

I did the same to a Dyson vacuum cleaner in the last few days. Misses is like I need to buy a new vacuum give me monies. I'm all let me take a look...she's laughing too hard. So I bet her a blow job I can fix it and minutes later I've stripped the power cord, rewired a connector and bam the vacuum works better than before.

She's yet to make good on the bet :(

but, no loss of suction!

Shaneus

So, who's going to Supanova this w/e? I'll probably be at the pinball thing all weekend, so if you see me (I have a glorious red beard) come say hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom