• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonGred

Why is it that every time I contemplate buying a key from Ozgameshop it goes unavailable 10 minutes after making up my mind. This is the 4th time it happen, I guess it saves me money though

I've cooled on GoT in recent seasons. I'll probably wait until it's all finished before I bother watching it. It just hasn't been as enjoyable since the first 2 seasons.

Shaneus

6th place shaneus :( tough lucc
Nah, it's actually pretty good! Overcame a lot of nerves today and controlled my game, so even though I didn't make the top 5 (needed to qualify for national finals) I'm still super stoked.

You were watching? I didn't notice anyone I knew in the audience.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Ah that's good, it looked like a fair drop off after you, so you were nipping at the tail.

And no, missed it I'm afraid, but they had the scores up on the TV there so I had a read through.

legend166

So I'm looking for a tablet basically for media purposes - streaming footy via the Foxtel Go app, Netflix, CBT Nuggets videos, etc.

Don't want to pay too much though. How's the Tab 4? Or is the Nexus 9 better?

I don't know much about tablets.

So I'm looking for a tablet basically for media purposes - streaming footy via the Foxtel Go app, Netflix, CBT Nuggets videos, etc.

Don't want to pay too much though. How's the Tab 4? Or is the Nexus 9 better?

I don't know much about tablets.

Not sure if this request will help but my Asus Memopad HD 7 runs most (older admittedly) mobile puzzle games, Netflix, Plex, Chrome, Twitter, etc no issue. Paid $99 a year or two back.

Rlan

tumblr_nmp0qq7NK41rys6fno3_540.png

Using my sweet, sweet art skillz to try and make a Smash Bros character. Been a while. Would love a tablet to work on though.

Whiplash. Watch it. Now that I've seen it and Birdman, Whiplash is such a better film. The best film, if you will.

Birdman was good. Whiplash was just something else.

So is there a way for us to get access to the HBO streaming service or something? I would even be desperate enough to sign up to Presto for a while if only GOT was on that service.

senahorse

So is there a way for us to get access to the HBO streaming service or something? I would even be desperate enough to sign up to Presto for a while if only GOT was on that service.

HBO nordic will be your best bet.

edit: just to add to that, I have successfully signed up using an Australian Credit card, and am on the free trial, however the performance is abysmal while using hola, when I get home later I will try different regions with getflix and see if that's any better.

Saw quite a few people on Twitter sign up for it (RaygunBrown for one). Seems to run fine with UnblockUs so I expect Getflix would be the same. Maybe even shoot Getflix an email, they might help out.

Raygun had it running on that Apple TV box thing.

senahorse

hbonow is a thing hey? First I have heard of it, but that's great.

Here is how to get it going, ripped from whirlpool:

Here's a complete step by step guide for anyone who wants to try this out for free:

Set up a US iTunes account as per these instructions (http://itunesdirect.com.au/make-us-itunes-store-account.html)
I used the address of a hotel in New Hampshire (zip code 03101)
For your phone number you can just put 000-0000000
On your iPhone/iPad, log into your US account and download the HBO Now app
Launch the HBO app and activate your free trial
Use the same zip code as your US iTunes account. Or don't I doubt it really matters I just like to keep things the same
Get a DNS service from getflix, unotelly or unblock-us or anywhere else that has a free trial
Set up your DNS accordingly
Visit hbonow.com in your browser
You may need to visit the site and log in before changing your DNS settings, I kept getting certificate errors otherwise
Start watching! Yay!
See how horrible the buffering is
Cry
Give up and go to bed

Had some shennanigans to watch Ep 1 live.

I went over to Brothers house and he has an old HD Foxtel box so we sit down to watch and at 11am, precisely, just as the Showcase logo appears just before the episode starts, his box lost power and wouldn't reboot for about 20 minutes. We ended up huddled around his PC monitor and watching the episode on Foxtel Go.

A big set up episode so lots of exposition.

When I got home, the IQ3 box my folks ordered was on the doorstep so i'll be watching it on that from next week.

Anyone else notice target advertising mkx in the easter games for kids section in their last catalogue? After pretending to be family friendly and banning Gtav sales I found this not only amusing but highly inappropriate considering target are aiming at the kids market with r18 games.

You do some really fucked up shit to women in Mortal Kombat X too. Main difference is lack of an outcry/abuse towards a high ranking employee of Target like last time. If they target that exec again I bet it gets pulled.

ayy lmao

Yagharek

You do some really fucked up shit to women in Mortal Kombat X too. Main difference is lack of an outcry/abuse towards a high ranking employee of Target like last time. If they target that exec again I bet it gets pulled.

ayy lmao

They're advertising r18 games to kids though. The publisher isn't. That's like BWS telling kids that they should have been buying vb or jack Daniels for an easter holiday drink after a hard days nothing.

Anyone else notice target advertising mkx in the easter games for kids section in their last catalogue? After pretending to be family friendly and banning Gtav sales I found this not only amusing but highly inappropriate considering target are aiming at the kids market with r18 games.

If you look closely, the PS4 version in their catalogue is branded R18 while the xbone version is branded MA15+. That's a major blunder.

They're advertising r18 games to kids though. The publisher isn't. That's like BWS telling kids that they should have been buying vb or jack Daniels for an easter holiday drink after a hard days nothing.

It's the kids fault for looking a naughty shit, can't blame the retailers for that. Shit, Woolworths are a ton of grog at the end of their catalogues, just because there is a ton of candy, chocolate and generally really unhealthy kids snacks throughout the thing it doesn't mean they should refrain from including drugs in there yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom