• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 11 - Twice the price, a year late but still moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just got kicked out of my house.

Thankfully I have a good support network so I'm kind of safe but yep.

Quasar

Well. HBONow was a smoother experience than I expected. Free trial started without a credit card attached to my US iTunes account or even any more than a few cents.

So I get 4 free episodes at least. Don't suppose Amazon sells itunes cards digitally? Of course given the sliding dollar the 30$ Foxtel sub isn't looking so terrible.

Seems to be streaming hitch free too to my AppleTV using getflix.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shit, bro, you good besides the place to crash thing?

Think I'm slowly going insane now esp with the text my mum sent to me just then saying she never wants to see me again.

Also uni stuff to keep up with...

senahorse

You need a fucking iPad or whatever as one of the installation steps.

WHY.jpeg

Yeah I came stuck at that point, you need an ipad, iphone or atv, so fucking ridiculous, considering you don't need any to use the the service afterwards. I brought home an atv from work but of course the remote wasn't in the box.

For those that use iDevices, if I log my sister out of her iPad to log in with another account temporarily, that's fine, right? Doesn't wreck her apps or anything? I remember some problem where you can only sync one pc with one fucking device or such nonsense but I don't think I need to do that.

Just got kicked out of my house.

Thankfully I have a good support network so I'm kind of safe but yep.
I'm very sorry.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153165215138686&fref=nf

SBS Facebook just put up the greatest video ever to promote Downfall this week.
Nice. :)

In related news, I watched some Danger 5 last night for the first time. It was great, and I didn't know it was made in Australia until the end credits. I took the visual style at face value too and assumed it was a few decades old, before I started.

sensiblechuckle.gif

For those that use iDevices, if I log my sister out of her iPad to log in with another account temporarily, that's fine, right? Doesn't wreck her apps or anything? I remember some problem where you can only sync one pc with one fucking device or such nonsense but I don't think I need to do that.

As in iTunes account? That's fine.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Also for more context on why I got kicked out.. well this is going look like a brag post now. But it's beyond ridiculous. I started going out with someone on Wednesday (because she lives interstate) we kind of maximized our time together in the past several days.. and Sunday was like our special final dinner date where we basically you-know.

Parents found out about our special date planned together and started freaking out. My mum then sent me this message on FB yesterday morning
One of the best things I was told in life was, 'if you are not ready to make a life with the person you sleep with and raise a child together then you are not ready to sleep together' . Sex was defined as the act of marriage, where two become one flesh. A mysterious, beautiful and sacred act of commitment not a lustful romp for sexual gratification. An act that not only binds two people together but also their families and has the potential to bring new life into this world. I was your age once and I know how powerful desire is, a kiss can lead to so much more. How things begin are the foundation of a relationship. There can be resentment and feelings of being used years down the track even if she really wants you Jacob because things are not done in a proper order. You are making memories. Make them ones to look back on with fondness, that stand the test of time. You must meet her parents first and she must meet us. She will be a sister and a daughter in this family. This is my advice to you. Something so precious is worth waiting for and stepping aside from the heat of passion, so you both know a relationship is what you both want. I am absolutely against you living with us and engaging in a sexual relationship. That is like eating only the dessert in a meal. A sexual relationship involves living together in a committed relationship. Remember that you are an example to others. You said I never gave you sex education and that is because I did not want to talk about the physical without the emotional and social. You will never be the same after sex. The relationship changes and you can never go back to holding hands or just being friends. You will want to be together and know each other. You will think of each other constantly. You will be seen as a couple and people will look at you both differently and you will change each other. Marrying Daddy and having a baby together was one of the best things that happened to us. Do not be afraid of commitment. She looks like everything you ever dreamed of Jacob. There is nothing that would make me happier that it all works out for you both and we can welcome her into our family.
. I then discussed this with a friend on FB where I um basically said this was a really stupid message and there was no-way I was going follow her suggestion presuming anything happened between us on Sunday night. Somehow due to the fact I got a new phone, my parents had my old phone which was still tied to FB messenger.. they saw said-convos I had with my friend, and this monday evening they basically called me up and asked "How was the sex?" and then basically said I'm out of the house and never coming back ever.

Thank god I have a good support network of friends.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
That is like eating only the dessert in a meal.

And part of being a grown up is being able to choose what to eat and when to eat it. Hell, the last two days I've eaten mainly Coles Cookies & Cream Ice Cream and some cookies my girlfriend made.

Is this a religion thing or just a crazy thing without the Sunday activities?

Deeku

ya know i get really weirded out when my parents email/message/text me. and they get pretty pissed off when i ignore them and they finally call and i'm like yeah shoulda done that in the first place! i am probably weird.

also, hope everything works out laf!

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
At this point I'm glad my parents live life like the world stopped moving in 1996.

My dad has a tablet but he just uses it for casual games and reading the news and Wikipedia. He doesn't even use email. My mum just watches TV. They don't use mobile phones, even though I gave them my old Nokia N8.

Also for more context on why I got kicked out.. well this is going look like a brag post now. But it's beyond ridiculous. I started going out with someone on Wednesday (because she lives interstate) we kind of maximized our time together in the past several days.. and Sunday was like our special final dinner date where we basically you-know.

Parents found out about our special date planned together and started freaking out. My mum then sent me this message on FB yesterday morning . I then discussed this with a friend on FB where I um basically said this was a really stupid message and there was no-way I was going follow her suggestion presuming anything happened between us on Sunday night. Somehow due to the fact I got a new phone, my parents had my old phone which was still tied to FB messenger.. they saw said-convos I had with my friend, and this monday evening they basically called me up and asked "How was the sex?" and then basically said I'm out of the house and never coming back ever.

Sounds like your Mum is trying to spite you and come out looking like the good guy at the same time.

Unfortunately this comes down to a fundamental difference in ideology and how they view sex and relationships. In her eyes, sex is this tremendously dangerous thing that ruins lives and tarnishes souls unless engaged in under a very specific set of circumstances. Sixty years ago, she would have been absolutely correct to have these fears as the practical outcome of having premarital sex and it becoming known could be dire, befouling your good name within your community (albeit moreso if you were a woman). Worse still was having a child out of wedlock, which in some circles was (and in some cases remains) a stain that can never be overcome.

Society, however, isn't like that anymore. Sexual relationships are no longer conflated with lifelong commitment and having had sex no longer makes you damaged goods. In fact, it's gotten to the point where if you go in with that mindset, it can lead to a lonely life where you reject lots of perfectly suitable people because of their pasts and hold back what relationships you do have from developing because you are unilaterally holding it to what has become an arbitrary timeline.

Waiting until marriage only works if both parties agree that this is the best course of action. That limits your pool of potential partners to members of your religious circle, which I highly doubt is the best way of finding a mate, especially if you're of a nerdy cast and appeal to a narrow audience already.

Statements like "sex changes you", "sex attaches you to a person for life" etc. beg the question of whether or not a mystical bond between people that activates when they have sex actually exists. It seems to me that the emotional importance you attach to the act itself is key here. If sex is everything to you, then yeah, I could see how you could carry an unsatisfying tryst in the back of a VW beetle for life. If it's just a routine part of life, then I highly doubt your final thoughts on your deathbed will be with that ex girlfriend you had for like three months back in uni. To me, those statements are just ways of raising the stakes and scaring you away from having sex at all.

The "I want you to do things in the right order" thing seems pulled right out of the conversation my very religious mother had with me when I told her I was moving in with my girlfriend at the time. She predicted disaster. That girlfriend became Mrs Squirrel.

TL;DR - Sometimes parents are just flat out wrong and part of being an adult is recognising when that is and deciding your own path.

Parents found out about our special date planned together and started freaking out. My mum then sent me this message on FB yesterday morning . I then discussed this with a friend on FB where I um basically said this was a really stupid message and there was no-way I was going follow her suggestion presuming anything happened between us on Sunday night. Somehow due to the fact I got a new phone, my parents had my old phone which was still tied to FB messenger.. they saw said-convos I had with my friend, and this monday evening they basically called me up and asked "How was the sex?" and then basically said I'm out of the house and never coming back ever.

adam-samberg-sex-cake-i-just-had-sex-video-the-lonely-island.jpg
?

Live your life Lafiel, ignore the hate and negativity! If they want to be a part of your life again they can do it on your terms, not theirs.

Stay positive, live in the present not the past. Don't make any rash decisions, just take it easy.

Yagharek

Lafiel's mum has an unhealthy attitude towards sex. It's an attitude that reeks of fear and self loathing disguised under a puritanical sense of superiority.

Updated mumble details. Server moved to be Melbourne based. Should be less issues with disconnects and crashes.....

Will put details on iirc or steam msg me.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Updated mumble details. Server moved to be Melbourne based. Should be less issues with disconnects and crashes.....

Will put details on iirc or steam msg me.

I look forward to watching TV shows instead!

One night ill get on.. for some hardcore diabloring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom